Male HQ

How far would you go for someone you love?

Guest Harley

Based on my experiences, depends.... you don't want history to repeat itself. So instead of you going for the deep end...let him prove you first....see if he in for the temporary lust or he willing to go sacrifice far for you in many ways he can prove....don't be blinded between lust and love both are 2 different things. 

Those who been thru much you shouldn't be the one needed to give in. 

Those who are new to dating and love...do not rush...take time to know the person....it is really pointless and useless rushing to know someone it kinda really waste your energy and time...

• 1 year later...

As I mention before...you need to accept each other flaws...and grow together....ovecome fear...learn something new..try something new...be supportive one another and not ashamed to be together in public....

If you been thru much like me...you realized that the more you give in...the lesser the person appreciate you or even willing to go extra mile for you....the person also need to learn initiate etc....cannot pamper too much...

Love is is a journey...never a shortcut...the whole process...if shortcut is more to lust...temporary...moment of time...

I think we also have to agree that people will change with time. Big changes in life can bring big changes in character and opinions/preferences (thinking). For guys, the  big changes are: NS, University, Workplace. Each can change the perspectives of the person significantly, and even transform them into different people. Not sure whether a relationship can whether a storm, if you go through the changes with him. So, I think it is more stable to at least find someone who has already started working. That said, the working world can be unpredictable, and episodes of retrenchment/unemployment/underemployment can really affect a person's psyche too.

Yes, it is easy to say we will go all the way for the one we love. However, who is to say that the other party will do so as well?

Слава Україні!

I think both @BudakFit and @sgmaven's responses are the most sensible and what I relate to. 

When I was younger, I will give it all in once I'm in love, I fall all the way deep in, literally warts and all. Even more so if that guy is physically my type. Fortunately or unfortunately, experience is a good teach whether you like it or not. I've had 'scammers' of yesteryear with dying mommy sob stories, I have cut off contact with some toxic dates. Today, I would like to ASSUME that at start of the relationship, i am fairly cautious now. Not that I won't be smitten but I am not ready to commit. But who knows, i have been out of the dating game for ages, maybe if one of my crushes came up to me and asked me for a date .. he might be the one to make me eat my own words. 

I would also like to add that the duration of your love is also a factor. Relationships is not linear, sometimes we grow apart, sometimes we grow closer, sometimes we choose to work on it, sometimes we choose to let it go. So, some things i may not be willing to do 1 year into my relationship may no longer be an issue with a boyfriend whom i've been with for years. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

What would you do in a country where distance is in miles?

How about Grab Surcharge fare of $10. Longer distance for the newer players, TADA, Comfort.

Had an "emergency" type scenario before, and the distance to travel with peak hour jams (+no hp batt) then going back late at night + having to take public transport the next morning will stress any relationship.

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2022 at 3:16 PM, mith said:

its of no use no matter how far u go if the love is not mutual. if the love is mutual, u dont need to go any distance. 

Agree.. +1

As the saying goes:  If you want to go fast and quick, you are bound to be alone.  If you want to go far and deep, you need a buddy.   If he agrees, he is yours, otherwise forget him.  

• 7 months later...

I always admire those who would go all out for someone they love without trying to test or want the other party to prove themselves first. Only ppl who r secured enough themselves could do this, n that speaks a lot about their mental stability n maturity. They understand the risk yet still willing to give all

they could without always thinking about the return. It’s not an easy feat. You don’t lose because u fall in love first, u lose because u couldn’t. Being able to be vulnerable n trust ppl is a gift.

I always admire those who would go all out for someone they love without trying to test or want the other party to prove themselves first. Only ppl who r secured enough themselves could do this, n that speaks a lot about their mental stability n maturity. They understand the risk yet still willing to give all

they could without always thinking about the return. It’s not an easy feat. You don’t lose because u fall in love first, u lose because u couldn’t. Being able to be vulnerable n trust ppl is a gift.

so true, if only i can be like this. after 2 failed relationships, i am proceeding with caution and not willing to open my heart so easily. the healing process can be long even if you tell yourself to move on.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.