Male HQ

Home Improvement - Sharing Pictures Of Your Home And/Or Your Room

IkuTube

I am certain there are homeowners in this Forum. 

You have spent thousands to renovate the house and turned it into a sanctuary, a home.  Let's share those well-spent expenses where they have transformed your house, where you are well pleased with, by posting the pictures here.

You may want to show your bedroom or your favourite room.  Do post those pictures.

However small or big the renovation, owning a property is a big investment for many of us.

Let this thread be an inspiration for home improvement.

Let this thread be a place to discuss about home renovation.

Let the house know that we are grateful to own it.

Guidelines on posting the pictures:

01.  Make sure the pictures posted here are strictly yours, or of someone you know (and with their permission). 

02.  You take full responsibility posting the pictures here. 

03.  It is a picture of the house and NOT the owners.  Avoid showing the address/location.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

• IkuTube changed the title to Home Improvement - Sharing Pictures Of Your Home And/Or Your Room
3 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Nice deco you have. :thumb: How much you have spent?

Thank you.

It was an old house when we bought it, in a matured estate.  The plan was to get a lower price so that we could 'splurge' on the renovation.  Spent quite a huge sum renovating the whole house.

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

2 hours ago, yhtang said:

This hall looks spacious.

Yes, it is spacious as we took away the glass doors separating the living room and the balcony.

Where I spend most of my time - The Study Room.

image.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Guest Lol said:

Local single can buy HDB meh? 

You think every gay can afford a house ah? 

Obviously you are not much in the know.  Yes, single can buy HDB.  He has to be minimum 35 years old.  He is eligible to buy direct from HDB or Resale market.

Why think not every gay can afford?  Why think so low about gay?

Maybe you grow up first? LOL indeed.

18 minutes ago, kidster said:

Thanks for sharing. Is that Logitech ERGO K860 Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard? Does it help to reduce wrist pain?

I'm looking for an ergo keyboard.

still with all the questions… 😂 

20 hours ago, IkuTube said:

Thank you.

It was an old house when we bought it, in a matured estate.  The plan was to get a lower price so that we could 'splurge' on the renovation.  Spent quite a huge sum renovating the whole house.

I see. By right buying an old house, you should get a lower price. But such theory doesn't apply to the current market now. Not cheap to get an old house, the price could be the same as newer resale house.

13 hours ago, cutejack said:

Whao iku. Yr house like paradise. Masterbedroom like princess room sia. Staying in with partner? May u blessed with happy n healthy life forever ya. God bless u guys!

Thanks @cutejack.  Used to stay with him but he has passed on.

23 hours ago, ladyheart said:

How many rooms flat is this? You should be quite well off. So envy of you

It is a 5 rooms HDB.

Don't envy.  Just focus on what you have and can have.  Build from there and the rest will just flow in.  I remember a quote that says "It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy that makes happiness".  Thanks for reading this thread, @ladyheart.

12 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

What were those wordings on the wall?  I assumed you stay on the lower level floor.

I cannot recall much the wordings from the posters on the wall now.  I have taken them down.  I hung them there when I was going through grief.  They were my reminders and strength to face with life.

I often change things around in the house.  Guess, I enjoy home improvement projects.

Yes, I am staying on the lower level.

5 hours ago, kidster said:

Thanks for sharing. Is that Logitech ERGO K860 Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard? Does it help to reduce wrist pain?

I'm looking for an ergo keyboard.

Ah, so you notice!

Yes, it is Ergo K860 wireless.  I have always enjoyed an ergonomic keyboard and have been using such keyboard for the longest time.  *Touch wood*, so far I have no wrist pain.  Hence, it probably helps.

BTW, should you are interested with the keyboard, get it at Sim Lim Square.  It is cheaper than to get it from Challenger.

2 hours ago, Guest guest said:

I see. By right buying an old house, you should get a lower price. But such theory doesn't apply to the current market now. Not cheap to get an old house, the price could be the same as newer resale house.

You are right, Guest guest that 'the price could be the same as newer resale house' now.  I got my place in 2008 where COV was still the practice.

12 hours ago, Guest Lol said:

Local single can buy HDB meh? 

You think every gay can afford a house ah? 

Maybe read up before you comment.

Just so you know, alot of gays are high income earners.

10 hours ago, IkuTube said:

I cannot recall much the wordings from the posters on the wall now.  I have taken them down.  I hung them there when I was going through grief.  They were my reminders and strength to face with life.

I often change things around in the house.  Guess, I enjoy home improvement projects.

Yes, I am staying on the lower level.

When handling with grief, best is not to over "Add" but to "Subtract" stuffs around the house, so that your your mind has SPACE to heal.    The motto for me is Lights, Plants and Fresh air around the house which you have achieved them. It is not necessary to get rid of all the posters.  Pick one of your favorites and position it in a place to give the area more meaning  than just aesthetic value.  Even after you have taken the posters down, the spiritual conflict in life persists and our minds still need the "reassuring" messages the posters contained.

14 hours ago, Guest guest said:

That is how BTO is being priced = market value of old house

HDB is not shy telling you about it, to justify why BTO price is reasonable and  "affordable"

Edited by Sweetie Pie

17 hours ago, IkuTube said:

Ah, so you notice!

Yes, it is Ergo K860 wireless.  I have always enjoyed an ergonomic keyboard and have been using such keyboard for the longest time.  *Touch wood*, so far I have no wrist pain.  Hence, it probably helps.

BTW, should you are interested with the keyboard, get it at Sim Lim Square.  It is cheaper than to get it from Challenger.

Thanks. I'm using Logitech ergo m575 mouse. It does help in my wrist pain. Tested n proven.

22 hours ago, dilbert0987 said:

@IkuTube Thank you for sharing. Your house is very beautiful 🏡. Also, you have 3 monitors in your study! 😄 Are they for work or for games?

I am not a gamer.  They are meant for work and (LOL), one monitor is strictly for forensic moderating the forum.

On 10/4/2023 at 1:06 AM, IkuTube said:

You are right, Guest guest that 'the price could be the same as newer resale house' now.  I got my place in 2008 where COV was still the practice.

Even current market you still need to pay for COV if the unit price is high. COV always still in practice from back then until now. Only depends how much you paid for it.

On 10/4/2023 at 12:20 PM, Sweetie Pie said:

That is how BTO is being priced = market value of old house

HDB is not shy telling you about it, to justify why BTO price is reasonable and  "affordable"

Too bad not everyone wants to buy a new BTO, no matter how it is affordable due to many reasons. Too bad the price of resale hdb now still crazily high.

16 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Even current market you still need to pay for COV if the unit price is high. COV always still in practice from back then until now. Only depends how much you paid for it.

Thank you for this info.  Geez, I am totally lost with the so many HDB Rules and Regulations changes all these years.

Guest Renovaid

Thanks Ikutube for starting this thread and sharing your beautiful home. I did a little upgrade to my room post-covid converting it into a little “entertainment room” 😁

My messy room (pre-covid)

spacer.png

My room (post-covid)

spacer.png

8 hours ago, IkuTube said:

Thank you for this info.  Geez, I am totally lost with the so many HDB Rules and Regulations changes all these years.

No need to know and bother about all the changes of the HDB ruling, if you have no plans to move house. Just enjoy staying in your current flat. 😄

1 hour ago, Guest Renovaid said:

Thanks Ikutube for starting this thread and sharing your beautiful home. I did a little upgrade to my room post-covid converting it into a little “entertainment room” 😁

My messy room (pre-covid)

spacer.png

My room (post-covid)

spacer.png

Nice little upgrading done to your room. :thumb:

Guest Senior Citizen

Thank you @IkuTube to start this thread.  I always like seeing home improvement projects.

I was lucky to get a unit from the Sales of Balance Flats for the Type 2 45 sqm on my first try.

My living room, bedroom and kitchen.

Beauty-Plus-20190715202606699-save.jpg

Beauty-Plus-20190715202757999-save.jpg

Beauty-Plus-20190715202934033-save.jpg

Thank you Guest Renovaid.  Good home improvement - big difference.

What happened to the study area?

Thank you Guest Senior Citizen.  Congrats on acquiring your unit on the first try.

The energy feels good!

Guest Renovaid
5 hours ago, IkuTube said:

What happened to the study area?

When I first moved in to my house, everything was designed/planned according to some stereotypical assumptions that I would need a study / work station. Over the years, I realised I didn’t like fixing my study/work area and it thus ended up under-utilised. So, I took the opportunity to free up the space and keep my room solely for entertainment and sleep purposes.

Psychologically, it does impact on my mood as I always look forward to spending my “me” time over the weekends in my cosy room binge watching Netflix, playing a game or two on my playstation or even inviting close friends or relatives over occasionally to sing karaoke. 

On 10/6/2023 at 11:06 PM, Guest Senior Citizen said:

Thank you @IkuTube to start this thread.  I always like seeing home improvement projects.

I was lucky to get a unit from the Sales of Balance Flats for the Type 2 45 sqm on my first try.

Simple and nice. Looks like you are staying in high floor, view like not bad.

This is my 4bedroom HDB flat. It is a very old unit. TOP 1979. I bought it in 2006 for S$335,000. Around 885 sqft. 1 toilet.  

In those days, with that money, I could have bought a 5 room flat in some areas. Many commented that I made the wrong decision.

This flat was occupied by 2 elderly. The place was badly maintained and I remembered there was a stench of urine in the air. 

The decor is aligned with the concept of Shinhwa Series where east meets west. I removed most of the walls and created a bigger working space. Bedroom and hall are integrated. Due to the file size limitation, I would have shown u the kitchen. These photos were taken by professional.

LowresBrasBasah01A.thumb.jpeg.4c073531a37759caf283423aeaa4e20b.jpegLowresBrasBasah03A.thumb.jpeg.9f5ae150cd59b0b97bd98124a6797ea2.jpegLowresBrasBasah08A.thumb.jpeg.9663e30158aa27916be46a79be1b0cfd.jpegLowresBrasBasah05A.thumb.jpeg.26738eee95b4377dedbd39fd9c6ef7b3.jpeg

Edited by lohwpr

15 minutes ago, lohwpr said:

This is my 4bedroom HDB flat. It is a very old unit. TOP 1979. I bought it in 2006 for S$335,000. Around 885 sqft. 1 toilet.  

In those days, with that money, I could have bought a 5 room flat in some areas. Many commented that I make the wrong decision.

This flat was occupied by 2 elderly. The place was badly maintained and I remembered there is a stench of urine in the air. 

The decor is aligned with the concept of Shinhwa Series where east meets west. I removed most of the walls and created a bigger working space. Bedroom and hall are integrated. Due to the file size limitation, I would have shown u the kitchen. These photos are taken by professionals. 

LowresBrasBasah01A.thumb.jpeg.4c073531a37759caf283423aeaa4e20b.jpegLowresBrasBasah03A.thumb.jpeg.9f5ae150cd59b0b97bd98124a6797ea2.jpegLowresBrasBasah08A.thumb.jpeg.9663e30158aa27916be46a79be1b0cfd.jpegLowresBrasBasah05A.thumb.jpeg.26738eee95b4377dedbd39fd9c6ef7b3.jpeg

Like the oriental theme

Looks like you spent lots.

On 10/6/2023 at 11:06 PM, Guest Senior Citizen said:

Short lease BTO? Simple and quiet living on the highest floor. Most elderly will spend their remaining retired years in this type of setting, 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.