Male HQ

Movie Recommendations / Reviews (Str8, Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)

Guest IslandMan

Checked their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/2359themovie

It's releasing 3 November.

Starred by Mark Lee as well...

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

• 2 weeks later...

龍眼粥

出品公司 李行工作室有限公司

發行公司 李行工作室有限公司

故事大綱(本事)

從今生追尋到前世,生命蘊藏莫測的神秘。

出生在南洋從小移民美國的陳世明,在毫無設防心理狀態下觸及前世姻緣。每到月圓之夜,夢中便出現龍眼粥飄香。台灣台南的何心悅在陳世明夢中輕喚:「龍眼粥好了,請吃吧!」­前世愛妻何心悅的影像從模糊到逐漸清晰,陳世明因緣際會來到台灣,循著夢中悠揚的二胡琴聲,探索生命深處心靈交會的秘密,尋覓夢中輕喚他吃龍眼粥的愛妻,還有愛妻何心悅緊­握手中的幸運草項鍊。

陳世明能祭他前世的愛妻何心悅嗎?何心悅是生?是死?是變老了?還是變醜了?陳世明尋尋覓覓,找到夢中出現的神秘故居,他推開斑駁的大門走進去,屋內景物熟稔,牆上一張年­輕人的遺照。是陳世明的前世,供桌上龍眼粥飄香,昔日紅顏何心悅已是白髮老婦,端著一碗龍眼粥放在供桌上,對著遺照輕喚:「龍眼粥好了,請吃吧!」

陳世明恍然大悟,何心悅對他用情之深,壯年的陳世明、年邁的何心悅,陳世明牽著病弱何心悅的手重尋前世舊遊之地,又是月圓之夜,陳世明不再有夢,不再有龍眼粥飄香。何心悅­幾十年的等待,卻等不及陳世明解開前世今生愛戀之謎。

緊握著陳世明有著幸運草圖騰胎記的手,何心悅滿足的閉上眼。晚霞漸漸,陳世明悵然佇立在何心悅靈前憑弔,心境是:此情可待成追憶,只是當時已惘然...

導演 張國甫

編劇 陳建維

製片人 由緒如 , 譚宜華

演員 范文芳 , 譚俊彥 , 尹馨 , 劉濟民 , 李全忠

參展及得獎紀錄 2005 第一屆亞洲新人影展「最佳製片」、「最佳導演」入圍

Is that Fann Wong?

I'm looking forward to:

• In Time starred by Justin Timberlake; now showing; science fiction of mankind having to have to use their remaining time to live (which is stamped on their hands) as currency for luxuries
  • 23:59 starred by Henley Hii and Mark Lee; early Nov 2011; a Singapore army horror flick
  • 那些年我们一起追的女孩 You Are The Apple of My Eye, Taiwanese teenage film; early Nov 2011
  • Already Famous 一泡儿红, starred, scriptwritten and directed (first-time) by Michelle Chong; late Nov 2011; about a Malaysian girl from Yong Peng who pursues her star dreams in Singapore
  • Nasi Lemak 辣死你妈 2.0, starred, scriptwritten and directed (first-time) by Namewee; anticipated Dec 2011; about a China-centric Chinese Malaysian who rediscovers his roots of being a part of the country (highly recommended for new citizens of S'pore, I must say!). It has grossed RM 7 million box office since released Sept 2011.

Edited by qedcwc

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

2359 is so-so but Henley (the male lead) is gorgeous and there are lots of scenes featuring him in his glorious bare body...

I prefer the one who acted as Chester instead. Cute! :)

I prefer the one who acted as Chester instead. Cute! :)

Chester didn't show his bod...

It was totally great for Henley to show that fit bod of his... obviously the result of many hours of weight-training in the gym. He has a bodybuilder's figure...

Why all our locally made movies involving the army must be ghost stories? How about showing a real garang side of our army? Maybe we can make a remake of:

Lambo - A reservist goes back for ICT and is ill treated by his sadistic DO who turns out the guards too much during guard duty. He then takes revenge and shoots the DO, BOS, Guard Commander, Guard 2IC and Gate IC. Cannot shoot more than that because his magazine only has 5 rounds !!!

So how? should I write to Mark Lee and ask him to make this movie ?

We see things not as they are, but as WE are - The Talmud

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear - The Buddha

Guest Cynthia Wang Xinru
Why all our locally made movies involving the army must be ghost stories? How about showing a real garang side of our army? Maybe we can make a remake of:

Lambo - A reservist goes back for ICT and is ill treated by his sadistic DO who turns out the guards too much during guard duty. He then takes revenge and shoots the DO, BOS, Guard Commander, Guard 2IC and Gate IC. Cannot shoot more than that because his magazine only has 5 rounds !!!

So how? should I write to Mark Lee and ask him to make this movie ?

Don't bother.

Yawn-inducing storyline that is extremely unlikely to obtain funding from investors and unlikely to be approved by MDA for a screening licence.

Only a few locals making movie, mostly they make movies to get grants from MDA, imho local movies depict lives of locals, thus its kind of boring n i rather watch other movies instead.

Local no other actors issit??

Why must use Mark Lee again?????

That ah beng is almost in every movie made in Singapore.

So embarrassing and disgraceful.

Only a few locals making movie, mostly they make movies to get grants from MDA, imho local movies depict lives of locals, thus its kind of boring n i rather watch other movies instead.

I want to see Lust Caution Singapore lesbian version starring Joanne Peh and Xiaxue.

Local no other actors issit??

Why must use Mark Lee again?????

That ah beng is almost in every movie made in Singapore.

So embarrassing and disgraceful.

Who else to play the uneducated superstitious almanac-toting heartlander ah beng army sergeant?

Alaric Tay?

Chua Enlai?

Fann Wong?

I want to see Lust Caution Singapore lesbian version starring Joanne Peh and Xiaxue.

Xiaxue? It had better not turn out to be siasuei-ing....

No offense... :P

All these ghost film makers are really con shit. They earned money thru cheap thrill. No meaning, no story line and caused my ass to squirm for days by hearing the haunting instument alone. I rather watched Pleasure Factory, at least got nice long dick to see and keep my ass relax throughout the show. I hope Singapore has more of such meaningful international film because my TIGHT ASS has great taste

I've just watched it and I personally felt that the plot was quite touching.. or rather the show shouldn't be labelled in the horror/thriller category but in the comedy/touching side.. it was more of a sad story of the mother and child who lived on the island..

As mentioned above.. if you guys who are there to seek for horror or thrills, I would highly suggest you to avoid this show.. well of course I'm just voicing out what I feel it should be.. :)

"People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges." - W.E. Channing

I juz watched the 8 pm show today....

Personally, I feel that the story was rather a bit too direct and straightforward for a horror film, based on my experience watching other horror films before this ofcos...

Even the sketches with the opening credits already provide one a glimpse of what to expect d...

Despite all that comedy, it still spooked me though.... giving me all the goosebumps.....

My 39-y/o Singaporean friend who watched with me said it was good though.... probably gave him back the memories of serving the NS and hearing all those eerie stories as well then.... ;)

Edited by qedcwc

No.... unless he's wearing underwear and under a shower.... :oops:

But then, I still think he looks cooler with the longer hair he sported when he won Project Superstar..... ;)

He was skinnier then though....

Guest imseeker
No.... unless he's wearing underwear and under a shower.... :oops:

Ooh...

Btw Henley is the shirtless guy of this week's 8 Days. But his bod doesn't look as nice as in the movie. He looks more muscular and pumped up in the movie...

Ooh... Btw Henley is the shirtless guy of this week's 8 Days. But his bod doesn't look as nice as in the movie. He looks more muscular and pumped up in the movie...

Could have did some workout training and beefed up during the period between Project Superstar Malaysia Seasons 2 Finals and when this movie showed....

Otherwise I only saw him making guest appearances in the local food programme Ho Chak! 好吃...

Didn't pay attention to other ntv7 and 8TV local-made programmes though... :P

This was Henley's original hairstyle ;)

374877_252353131479073_199586526755734_690781_1472633903_n.jpg

I'm waiting to watch it next week when it releases on 10 Nov.....

I know maybe doesnt apply so much to gays.... but I juz wanna recall those naughty days being a schoolboy.... ;)

Edited by qedcwc

The Movie is NICE. And please support local movie?

One should not support a local movie just cos it's made by homegroiwn talents. Unfortunately, there are more bad local movies than good ones.

The golden age of Singapore movies was in the 50s when Singapore had the Jalan Ampas studios which made classic Malay movies. That era is now gone and of late, there has been very little good local movies.

Imho, good local movies include Eric Khoo's 12 Stories. Homerun is good BUT it is a bloody shameless BLATANT ripoff of a superior Iranian movie, Children of Heaven.

One should not support a local movie just cos it's made by homegroiwn talents.

Can't agree more. I dun support all local movies back in Malaysia as well. Most of the movies between the then P. Ramlee's era and today's independent filmmakers' era are juz tasteless....

Supposedly goodlooking cast and nude scenes in a movie do not and will not entice me to watch the flick. Saw the trailer and noticed loads of hammy acting (I detest hammy acting) and what appears to be a paper-think plot. (Anywho, imho the lead actor is not ugly but I do not find him the slightest bit attractive).

Some may find elements like nude scenes, an attractive cast and a fluffy plot appealing in a movie so much so that they are willing to fork out their hard-earned cash at the box office to watch the flick.

I prefer ponderous slow movies that makes one think and will usually avoid comedies. But to each his own.

Edited by PaterTenebrarum

had watched this show and have to say that this is one of the better movie i had watched this year.

not really about the nude actor or the pcc scenes, rather that although with a very simple plot, it sort of connected with me as those are really the stuff i also did in school. eh no i did not pcc in class, only in the toilet.:)

while there are touching scenes, it was not really a sad romance only movie. and yah the funny scenes helped

I would have like it better if they cast someone else in the main role. By having Michelle Chong as the lead role, which she ALSO wrote,diect, produce.....it's like telling everybody in your face, "Hey, I'm Michelle Chong, I'm an attention seeker, I want to be very popular and famous....I die die must be famous and popular..." It's a huge turn off for me...and came across as very desperate wannabe attention seeker.

wow i wanna watch this!! too bad i'd still be in shanghai & they aren't gonna bring this over here, hahaha

"The two of us are living in the same era, believing in the same future

Yesterday’s tears and today’s smiles will stay true

We’ve experienced the same pain, we’ve gathered the same kindness

And we’ll turn them into the strength to live on tomorrow"

progress - ayumi hamasaki

I would have like it better if they cast someone else in the main role. By having Michelle Chong as the lead role, which she ALSO wrote,diect, produce.....it's like telling everybody in your face, "Hey, I'm Michelle Chong, I'm an attention seeker, I want to be very popular and famous....I die die must be famous and popular..." It's a huge turn off for me...and came across as very desperate wannabe attention seeker.

That would not be the first film you see that is being directed, script-written and acted by the same person, trust me.

There's another one coming up in, most probably, December..... ;)

• HendryTan changed the title to Movie Recommendations / Reviews (Str8, Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)
  • G_M locked, locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked, unlocked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.