Male HQ

Movie Recommendations / Reviews (Str8, Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)

Guest IslandMan

• 2 weeks later...
(泰)初戀那件小事 Crazy Little Thing Called Love 上映日期:20110121 For lovers of Mario (Love of Siam), u may wanna watch this. Not as touching (as LOS), but still touching enough. Its still worth watching, especially the second half of the show. Reason y i said that is cos the first half is a tad slow due to the usual infatuation thingy which is quite draggy. Enjoy.

this movie really nice

:-)

Departed (japan)

Cute guy got booted from his orchestral team when the director decided to wind up his business.

He went back to his home town with his wife and took up a strange job. To send people off. Only to found out the ad missed out saying to send the departed off.

He reluctantly took up the job. He was turned off by the job when he was asked to clear a corspe of a woman dead for a week.

He was about to give up his job when his master ask him to follow him to another new case. His master see something in him and hope that he will take up the job.

In this new case, he saw his master clean up a body and dress her up and let his family see her for the last time with respect and dignity.

He began to respect his job but his wife does not share his view and left him.

When he almost gave up his job for his wife, his master told him that the first person he sent off was his beloved wife. He managed to be convinced him to stay.

One day his wife return and tell him that he is pregnant. And later his neighbor's mother died and his services was required. From there his friend and wife began to respect his job.

There is more to it. The ending sums it up.

Spirited away

A spoilted brat's parents was turned into pigs when they accidentally ventured into unfamiliar land.

She set out to find a way to save her parents. Instead of crying all the time when she is helpless, she changed her ways and became brave and befriend a dragon.

They all had to sign a contact with a witch and their names taken away. If they forget their name, they will forget their past. But fortunately for her, the dragon remembers her name.

Movie fanatic here, just refer to this list http://movies.yahoo....re-you-die.html :)

I like gangster themed movies so I would recommend movies like

Reservoir Dogs

Godfather (Part 1 & 2, Part 3 isn't that good)

Donnie Brasco

The Usual Suspects

Heat

Infernal Affairs

Scarface

I tend to avoid classics though, they are not my cup of tea when it comes to viewing pleasure.

Also if you are into gore and stuff watch

Battle Royale

Kill Bill

Saw 1-7

Two of my favorites of all time though is

Oldboy

Pan's Labyrinth

Have alot more to recommend for different genre if anybody wants

Edited by IamAlex

5 years anniversary soon :)

Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes

Thank you so much Guys for recommending the many good movies that I do not know about (or in existence) ...

Currently got three different threads on good movie recommendations ...

1. Good Movie Recommendations (Str8 + Non-pxxn) - This one

2. The Movie That You Never Gonna Miss It

3. My Recommended Favourite Movies

Busy keeping track. Hehe.

I recently watched, and is very impressed with, City of God.

From Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_God_(2002_film)

City of God
(
:
Cidade de Deus
) is a 2002
... It depicts the growth of organized crime in the
suburb of
, between the end of the '60s and the beginning of the '80s, with the closure of the film depicting the war between the drug dealer
and criminal
Edited by derryfawne

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

"Transformers-3" movie die-hard fans pointed out that some scenes in the movie are in fact "recycled" from Michael Bay's previous movie - The Island. Come, test your eye sight

Just to spark some discussion about the nature of a good movie.

No offense to Transformers fans, but I will never be able to understand the appeal of such movie. Asked for lots and lots of opinions and the most convincing argument remains "It has great special effects!", which logic is equivalent to saying that we should buy books judging primarily by its layout and secondarily by its content.

Style/design is important. It helps to enhance the narrative, but the substance/narrative has to be there in the first place. Disaster movies like 2012 is another excellent example. Am I impressed by the special effects? Yeah... but for the lack of a proper narrative, the movie ends up only as good as the trailer. The trailer has already shown all the earth-shattering moments I'll ever need to see, so watching the actual movie itself cannot help but be a disappointment.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ongwsjackson

Yes! Haha it's like my guilty pleasure. And damn that GIF makes me feel like watching it all over again, for the umpteenth time.

Edited by jacksonongws

Henley Hii is from Sabah. He was the winner of Project Superstar Malaysia Season 2.....

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Edited by qedcwc

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Anyone wants curry? :P

Guest i hate namewee
Anyone wants curry? :P

I have watched Hindi and Tamil musicals and the dancing and choreography is way better than what this NAmewee film.

It is a disgrace .

and by the way , this Namewee has a circumcision fetish, he keeps harping about how Chinese in Malaysia is so scared of circumcision, and circumcision is so painful for the chinese and how Chinese Malaysians think that circumcison , sunat is like cutting the whole cock head off.

Namewee needs to have his head examined by a doctor, and guys by the way he makes films using stereotypes, i can bet he is homophobe and will call all gays a chao ah gua.

I have watched Hindi and Tamil musicals and the dancing and choreography is way better than what this NAmewee film.

It is a disgrace .

and by the way , this Namewee has a circumcision fetish, he keeps harping about how Chinese in Malaysia is so scared of circumcision, and circumcision is so painful for the chinese and how Chinese Malaysians think that circumcison , sunat is like cutting the whole cock head off.

Namewee needs to have his head examined by a doctor, and guys by the way he makes films using stereotypes, i can bet he is homophobe and will call all gays a chao ah gua.

Yadda yadda

Dun be like those who opposed d film for d sake of opposing him when u haven't even watched d story.

Yawnnnn~!

Edited by qedcwc

same same, think will go JB to watch Nasi Lemak & " white snake "

i love malaysia's multi-racial shows with their jabs at each other in a light hearted way.. But i still love the late Yasmin Ahmad's films such as Sepet, Muallaf and Talentime.. Unfortunately she lost the battle against cancer..

i love malaysia's multi-racial shows with their jabs at each other in a light hearted way.. But i still love the late Yasmin Ahmad's films such as Sepet, Muallaf and Talentime.. Unfortunately she lost the battle against cancer..

quiton, u got it wrong....

she had stroke and even Siti Nurhaliza tried to give her CPR....

she was admitted into ICU and operated on....

but died two days later due to brain haemorrhage....

u missed out Yasmin's Gubra and Mukhsin from the list though.... :P

nevertheless, Namewee's style of telling the Nasi Lemak 2.0 story is almost similar to that of Yasmin's....

(guess probably both are from Muar :P)

trust me.... ;)

with regard to screenings in JB, Cathay Cineplex in JB City Square is showing for the last day today....

other cinemas around JB such as KSL City, Pelangi Leisure Mall, Tebrau City, etc are still showing...

I suggest those who wanna watch it to make your bookings online as they fill up pretty fast and still are now....

meanwhile, u guys can check out The Making of.... of the film ;)

Edited by qedcwc

quiton, u got it wrong.... she had stroke and even Siti Nurhaliza tried to give her CPR.... she was admitted into ICU and operated on.... but died two days later due to brain haemorrhage.... u missed out Yasmin's Gubra and Mukhsin from the list though.... :P nevertheless, Namewee's style of telling the Nasi Lemak 2.0 story is almost similar to that of Yasmin's.... (guess probably both are from Muar :P) trust me.... ;) with regard to screenings in JB, Cathay Cineplex in JB City Square is showing for the last day today.... other cinemas around JB such as KSL City, Pelangi Leisure Mall, Tebrau City, etc are still showing... I suggest those who wanna watch it to make your bookings online as they fill up pretty fast and still are now.... meanwhile, u guys can check out

my bad.. thanks for pointing it out.. she is a very brilliant director nonetheless.. =)

I'm planning to catch it at KSL..

Edited by quiton

• 2 weeks later...

REVIEW: Extremely predictable, full of the cliches of the all those father-son redemption and underdog wins the day. And yet very enjoyable. Every film textbooks methods of playing with melodrama were pulled out at an efficient rate.

Best portion was the chemistry between Hugh Jackson and his "son" Dakota Goyo, believeable and wel played.

The not-so-subtle subtext, the bot Atom was a sign of how America had been, weaken, left over and "merely a sparring bot" (in the world ecy) whereas the "evil big boss" Zeus featured a Russian speaking manager and her Japanese engineer which built the bot to be adaptive to all its opponants' move (another analogy on world ecy again)

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Henley Hii looks quite fit looking. Not bad.

Henley Hii looks quite fit looking. Not bad.

Okay only, but no presence or charisma(a mixture of intelligence, talent, humor, etc).

• HendryTan changed the title to Movie Recommendations / Reviews (Str8, Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)
  • G_M locked, locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked, unlocked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.