Male HQ

Bareback / Raw Sex Discussion + Fucking Without A Condom / Bareback = Trust ?(compiled)

snowball

I read for AFA site that the one being fucked is more prone to get infected by hiv than the one fucking and having said that, the chsnce of getting infected is 1% for the bottom so i think ppl are playing with risk

After all the hoohas about safe sex, you are saying the chance of a btm getting HIV from raw sex is only 1%?

Cannot be right?

definitely not possible. that 1% should be referring to protected sex. condoms dont guarantee 100% safety. when gay sex is done raw, the amount of rubbing between dick and anal hole would definitely cause some "wound" regardless of how much lub is used.

Mod, pls consider removing this post. :(

I believe this forum advocates safe sex.

This thread started by me.....& I m not from any community to do promotions.

This really what I wonder...'why they don't protect themselves leh'?

Err...no a saint, but I do really worry for those don't do protection during sex...gradually, I became a statue in sauna and turn down quite a number of guys that I like for anal sex (if no condom was used ). I can be easily satisfied by hj and or bj as it's much safer. I think.

Guest Guest

After all the hoohas about safe sex, you are saying the chance of a btm getting HIV from raw sex is only 1%?

Cannot be right?

definitely not possible. that 1% should be referring to protected sex. condoms dont guarantee 100% safety. when gay sex is done raw, the amount of rubbing between dick and anal hole would definitely cause some "wound" regardless of how much lub is used.

http://afa.org.sg/pep/

doesnt really say its with or without condom but i assume that the risk exposure they are talking about is without condom so its just 1% for the bottom and 0.04% for the top

pls dont take me wrong, im not advocating raw sex since the risk is low. i am pro safe sex and encourage all to engage in safe sex

Guest wozzit

The trouble with statistics is that many people latch on to them n then draw inaccurate conclusions. This is from poz.com -

... you have to understand that these probabilities of HIV transmission per single exposure are averages. They are general ballpark figures that do not reflect the many factors that can raise and lower risk.

One such factor is acute infection, the period of six to 12 weeks after contracting the virus. At this time, viral load skyrockets, increasing a person’s infectiousness by as much as 26 times (the same thing as saying “26-fold”). So right there, the per-act risk of receptive vaginal transmission jumps from 1 out of 1,250 exposures to 1 out of 50 exposures, and the risk of receptive anal sex goes from 1 out of 70 to higher than 1 out of 3. It’s also important to realize that during acute infection, the immune system has not yet created the antibodies that lower viral load, at least for a few years. HIV tests that rely on antibodies may give a false negative reading during an acute infection, also known as the “window period.”

The presence of another sexually transmitted infection (STI)—even one without symptoms, such as gonorrhea in the throat or rectum—can raise HIV risk as much as 8 times, in part because STIs increase inflammation and thus the number of white blood cells that HIV targets. Vaginal conditions such as bacterial vaginosis, dryness and menstruation also alter risk.

Other factors lower risk. Circumcision does so an average of 60 percent for heterosexual men. HIV-positive people who have an undetectable viral load thanks to their meds can reduce transmission risk by 96 percent, a concept known as “treatment as prevention.”

... But let’s face it, many of us can’t tabulate the tip at a restaurant, so it’s unlikely we’ll whip out the advanced algebra during sexytime. Yet not even the Nate Silvers of the world would be wise to gauge HIV risk based on statistics. Doing so is a serious gamble. Numbers and probabilities can be miscalculated and misinterpreted.

Case in point: Having a 1 in 70 chance of transmitting HIV does not mean it takes 70 exposures to the virus in order to seroconvert. It simply means that out of 70 exposures, on average, one will lead to HIV; bad luck might have it that the transmission occurs on the very first exposure.

Oh no. Imaging in my 20s, my ex and I did raw almost every time. We shot inside each other. At one time, 3 times inside my ex. When we are young, we don't think much

Guest hmmmm

My friend is flex. He told me to fuck and been fucked. Some more shot inside. He regretted. The boy is damn cute.

is it your friend or is it you? how would you know the boy is damn cute in the first place?

Guest ParanoidofRawSex

When I was a little younger maybe due to raging testosterone at that time my mind was not thinking the risks of having raw sex. I even allowed some strangers I met at a sauna fucked me without condom if I really liked the guy. After I got bored of casual sex and stopped sauna visit, then after more than 3 months I went to HIV test again, I was so glad the results came back negative. As I get older, I got paranoid, hence I do not do anal sex with my boy friend.

Guest wozzit

It is safe if both of u have been faithful to each other.

If u both have tested twice with 3 months between testing, if all test results were negative n both of u had no unprotected sex with others between the 2 sets of tests, u should be safe having unprotected sex with each other. Thats my understanding. But that 3 month window is important because the HIV antibodies take time to appear. 

If uve been faithful to each other n u r both sure theres been no transmission of bodily fluids with other guys for a period of more than 3 months, I assume the second test isn't necessary.

Guest Guest

This topic is so stale, the moderators should just lump it with the previously discussed topic of unprotected anal sex , and the same discussion about post sex worries and uncertainties,

There will always people who prefer having raw sex, unprotected condom free anal sex, just leave them alone lah,

if you choose to go to saunas and have sex with a stranger that you met for the first time or someone you had sex before and having sex again ,

it is a risk you take , whether you have raw anal sex or raw blow jobs , any exchange of body fluids and  mucous menbranes or open raw wounds , and any of your orifices , the eye opening, the mouth the , penis, the anus , the vagina . Can potentially infect you with HIV or any of the contagious STI s like herpes, cold sores, syphillis , gono, chlamydia, hepatitis A, B and C and any other new and undiscovered diseases.

The reason why people here have sex and then regret having raw sex and worry like hell and pray for a crop failure after sowing their wild oats, is the consequences of being discovered as HIV positive is all the downsides of being HIV in local context.

Previosuly from being an anonymous gay person free to move about and have indiscriminate sex, the austhorities have to be informed , including the health authorities, the military obligations of declarations of signed documents. the employers may need to know , buying insurance becomes a hassle, donating bllod becomes a hassle,

plus further , the medication process is not fully subsidised, which is understandable,

the anxiety of post raw sex worries stems from a lot of loss of freedom , loss of freedom to remain an anonymous gay person, and the need to to keep telling stories and explanation to family, friends, and authorities.

So don't play raw, want to play raw , you will pay the price eventually.

is it your friend or is it you? how would you know the boy is damn cute in the first place?

My friend. I don't want kena HIV. Even not death sentence, I saw my friend facing mental stress.

Guest wozzit

There will always people who prefer having raw sex, unprotected condom free anal sex, just leave them alone lah,

The problem as I see it is not those who know the risks n r perfectly happy to put that loaded revolver to their head or into their ass. It is that many young guys start to experiment with sex at a pretty young age. In many countries they do not have enough knowledge about HIV modes of transmission n so see little wrong in unprotected sex. Some read this n other gay chat sites. If yet another thread about the need for condom use helps get the message across n helps prevent some youngsters from contracting HIV through ignorance I suggest its a good thing.

With our current education and IT situations, people (including the controversial younger generation here) are not ignorant about which is safer and which is not for sex i.e. raw vs condom.

Try asking this simple question to anyone and I reckon we would know what the majority, if not all the answers might be.

Personally I see it as a matter of choice, and possibly preference too, and of course I believe at hungry moments some people use different heads to think, thus disregard safety.

Guest amused

Im a flex so when i fuck my ex, yes more shiok to do raw than with condom. I did raw with him cos he got himself tested so thats why i did raw else over my dead body to do raw with him

Then i got another bf who is a top and when he fucked me, he removed the condom halfway without me knowing and of course i didnt realise that cos i dont feel the difference. I only got to know when he came and told me he did it raw.

Back then, both of us were not tested and i don know whether he was brave or he did it out of love that he cum raw in me. Although i was happy that there was this trust in him to me but at the same time im worried if he has contacted anything since his last partner was a slut that sleeps around.

O-M-F-G What you wrote here is so full of stupidity that I feel a great need to highlight it. I'm not angry at you though, actually I want to thank you for this because many people don't know that they are STUPID until it's TOO LATE.

How can you still be happy that you had unprotected sex with him knowing that his last partner was a slut that sleeps around?

Awwwww...your bf was soooo BRAVE and he is soooo IN LOVE with you that he cummed raw into you.

You know what I think? He most probably did that because he was a selfish inconsiderate piece of shit. That is what he is. He couldn't feel the satisfaction from fucking you with a condom on. So, he removed the condom halfway without telling you (because he is so brave/loves you very much) knowing how dangerous it is because he wanted to feel SHIOK. But you didn't know right? How come your ass didn't feel SHIOK also? No condom should be SHIOK right???

Anyway, I hope you are well and healthy. Again, I'm not here to make fun or scold you. I mean, you posted anonymous anyway. But I hope you and anyone who is reading this know this...

That fucking without a condom is not love. Fucking your lover/bf/stranger/fuck buddy/friend without a condom is pointing a gun with 1 or 2 or 3 bullets loaded inside and pulling the trigger at them.

Guest Guest

O-M-F-G What you wrote here is so full of stupidity that I feel a great need to highlight it. I'm not angry at you though, actually I want to thank you for this because many people don't know that they are STUPID until it's TOO LATE.

How can you still be happy that you had unprotected sex with him knowing that his last partner was a slut that sleeps around?

Awwwww...your bf was soooo BRAVE and he is soooo IN LOVE with you that he cummed raw into you.

You know what I think? He most probably did that because he was a selfish inconsiderate piece of shit. That is what he is. He couldn't feel the satisfaction from fucking you with a condom on. So, he removed the condom halfway without telling you (because he is so brave/loves you very much) knowing how dangerous it is because he wanted to feel SHIOK. But you didn't know right? How come your ass didn't feel SHIOK also? No condom should be SHIOK right???

Anyway, I hope you are well and healthy. Again, I'm not here to make fun or scold you. I mean, you posted anonymous anyway. But I hope you and anyone who is reading this know this...

That fucking without a condom is not love. Fucking your lover/bf/stranger/fuck buddy/friend without a condom is pointing a gun with 1 or 2 or 3 bullets loaded inside and pulling the trigger at them.

yes im reading it. i got myself tested without telling him. well maybe because from all the readings ive read as well as his previous slutty bf who sleeps around.

yes i was shocked that he did that cos im an advocate of safe sex until everything has been confirmed then raw sex would be possible. 

then again, i do encourage be it your partner is safe or not to use a condom, of course all of know what the anus is for and by doing raw, the top might contact UTI and that's y despite my ex being tested -ve, i used condoms when we make out

Guest Paul

Just had my hiv test last week. Found out that I'm positive. Was too shocked and surprised. Could not accept it on that day.

It's my bad. I have raw sex in cruise club with the guys. They are very attractive with good look and nice bod. Initially we use condom and remove them halfway. The heat make me didn't think much. I shot my load inside them and Let them cum inside me.

To those visited cruise club last few months, please go and have the test.

Guest Guest

Just had my hiv test last week. Found out that I'm positive. Was too shocked and surprised. Could not accept it on that day.

It's my bad. I have raw sex in cruise club with the guys. They are very attractive with good look and nice bod. Initially we use condom and remove them halfway. The heat make me didn't think much. I shot my load inside them and Let them cum inside me.

I just visited yesterday..but did nothing just look around.. May I know blow job will get infected HIV? I wan to have fun but I'm scare my first time kena HIV or what.."

Guest Guest

Risk of contacting hiv if ur mouth has got no wounds at all is pretty low for blowjob cos of the linings on ur lips and saliva as protection

Guest Guest

What if I swallow his cum?

same theory, if no cuts or whatever in your mouth gums throat gastric, then risk is low cos the acidic digestive juices in your stomache isnt a place for the virus to live in. then having said that, pls still engage in safe sex and try not to engage in such risky act even when the risk is low.

it only takes one failure to ruin your whole life

If you've decided to have unprotected sex, and you are HIV-, you need to start on PrEP. It is a pill you have to take daily. According to CDC website, PrEP has been shown to lower risk of HIV infection up to 92% for those who take their meds consistently.

PrEP has some mild side effects when you first start- i.e. upset tummy, nausea, loss of appetite etc. but it goes away once you get used to it. 

Keep in mind, PrEP is meant to be taken daily for as long as possible to make the drug effective. You cannot start and stop, as it will lower its effectiveness. 

Starting PrEP doesn't mean you stop using condoms. Think of it as reinforcements for your body's defense system.

Love. 

My personal point of view.

1. If a person is completely gay then "cost" of getting HIV is not that high to him.

Medications are cheap, you can still live a full life with HIV. Don't have to marry. Probably can even continue with raw sex if he is irresponsible or he can just find another positive guy

and continue with raw sex (with chance of other std....but hey he already got the "incurable" hiv other types are nothing to him)

2. A bisexual

Getting HIV would be devastating...he can no longer marry and have a straight relationship.

3. Straight guy who just want to experience some "fun" but he may not be really bisexual?

Getting HIV here would be the worst. If already married, how to keep the news secret? If want to try for kids...cannot have sex with his wife anymore...cannot have kids or risk them born with HIV.

I belong to number 2 or maybe number 3 or inbetween.

I did gay sex a few times.

1. Protected with a older guy

2. Raw bj with a married guy too.

Both of the experience scare me to death AFTER I did it when i'm showering I will keep thinking "wtf have I done".

Never had sex since then...maybe just buy a dildo and self-pleasure.

Guest wozzit

My personal point of view.

1. If a person is completely gay then "cost" of getting HIV is not that high to him.

Medications are cheap, you can still live a full life with HIV. Don't have to marry. Probably can even continue with raw sex if he is irresponsible or he can just find another positive guy

and continue with raw sex (with chance of other std....but hey he already got the "incurable" hiv other types are nothing to him)

What a staggeringly ill informed, selfish n irresponsible view! Even tho transmissionsm is bisexual n getting HIV would b "devastating", he happily suggests its perfectly acceptable for totally gay guys to get HIV coz they dont have to marry! Thats utterly, ridiculously absurd!

He even considers gay guys can happily go about having raw sex with other guys, even others who r also HIV+. Has he read none of the research papers which show the additional dangers this might bring? Here's one from MedicineNet.com - 

Another concern that frequently arises during our discussions on the risks of unsafe sex between HIV-infected partners is the possibility of acquiring another strain of HIV, in particular one that might be more aggressive (virulent) or perhaps one that is resistant to antiretroviral drugs.

Has he read none of the recent threads in this forum about all the concerns many posters have about guys who r HIV+ infecting guys who r negative - including all the younger guys who do not have enough knowledge of the means of transmission n the need for protection?

Does he not realise the HIV virus is constantly mutating n todays drugs may become less effective? New drugs may eventually b needed Who knows? These may be more expensive.

transmissionsm answer to his gay experiences - including raw sex - has been to give up sex altogether. Another silly overreaction but he's perfectly entitled to live his life as he wishes. He's not entitled IMHO to make absurd suggestions about gay guys, especially those with HIV.

Edited by wozzit

Hello Paul,

Being diagnosed with HIV - under any circumstances - can  sometimes be unexpected, shocking and difficult to deal with.

If you're looking for some emotional, psycho-social or practical support during this time, or in the future, do feel free to get in touch with us:

Oogachaga Counselling & Support: www.oogachaga.com

See our signature below for details.

AFA Singapore:  www.AFA.org.sg)  o

take care!

Edited by Oogachagacare

OogachagaCARE is an online counselling service by Oogachaga for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ+) community. You can also reach us at:

However, if you need to talk to someone urgently because you're in emotional crisis, feeling suicidal or affected by suicide, please consider:

Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 24hr suicide prevention hotline: 1-767 (1-SOS)

Oogachaga is a community-based, non-profit professional organization working with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ+) individuals, couples and families in Singapore since 1999. Visit us on www.oogachaga.LGBT / www.congregaytion.com

• 1 month later...

As a top... i dont feel any much different doing bareback or not or could it be that my dcik not that sentitive. Ok, there's 1 different which if after bareback, i will feel remorseful, worried, troubled, vexed of getting infected by deadly germs .

Hence, i always remind myself NO BAREBACK :thumb:

Heheh.... I feel the need to bring the fact back to the middle ... or as a reminder to understand how our human body works. Especially for the anal sex noobies that are coming of age to join us seasoned btms. :)

Gay or str8, it's instinctive and natural to prefer bareback sex.

Not until the outbreak of STDs and especially life threatening AIDS has there been a drastic change in social mindset to embrace safe sex culture since the 80s. Funny how it is still surprising to see old ignorance articles still associating AIDS MORE closely with gay then str8. The real fact is AIDS is spreading faster with str8 sex then gay given they being the majority. Talk about social construct. Go figure. It's a fact, as far back as I can recall, str8 fucking girlfriend, wives, ONS and hookers would rather not use a condom if possible due to the frictional sensation. To hell with good sense...and STDs or risk pregnancy be damned. That's why STDS and AIDS continue to spread fast and remain pervasive till today. Humans are risk takers.. be it for good or bad.

A top is no better then a str8 when penetrating a btm/female. Both would prefer raw because of the tactile sensation of skin to skin and eve a mental stimulant. That's how the male sex drive works and a sex organ filled with sensory nerve around the penis' gland. Same goes for female privates for sexual act/stimulant. Why you think HJ and BJ feel so good? hehe

The only one not able to derive the 'best optimum' enjoyment are btms. Because the rectum is not built for sexual stimulant like sex organs thus btm in general would lament that it's sore or painful and/or not like their top not using condom. We  need to be mindful of what part of our body we offer as an alternative  "vagina" heheh. Sometime you have to wonder we want to have penetration sex more for the top to pleasure himself sexual as a male would  or btms are trying to fulfill a women's sexual part of the sex act?

Yes not using a condom is better. But be aware of the risk that comes with the practice. We are playing Russian roulette in a way. Common sense versus feeling shiok.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

you think of it...for people who are so open and willing to fuck bareback, it means they already have aid/hiv and have nothing to lose else why so daring to let anyone fuck them?

I'm clean and paranoid of aids even sex with protection I will always regret and feel if I will get hiv/aids or not.

However if one day I were to get aids, I would also just fuck around...that is my mentality and I believe there are people out there who are also like this.

Before you catch it, you will be very careful but somehow if I am the one having the virus, I wouldn't care so much and just go bareback with anyone who wants it. I know this is very bad of me but since I have this thinking, I believe some other + people will also have this thinking.

So always be safe :)

Brutally honest...sadly true...

最安全的地方,往往是最危险的地方

Guest Scdf

I agreed that it is safer to do with condom. Me and my buddy met after a few session with safe fun. One day, when we are having hot session. He removed his condom when I was very high. He inserted his unprotected dick into my hole. I feel something is not right. The feeling is very different. I can feel his hot cock. After few pumps, I ask him how come this time so shiok. He answer that he didn't wear the condom. I was scared. But in same time, feel very high. He saying he is going to cum and shot his huge load of cum inside me. It is my first time that I get this feeling. So high but scared. He was hard after cum, we had a total of 3 rounds.

I must say can do raw when u trust that person and get tested.

Guest wozzit

I must say can do raw when u trust that person and get tested.

The question that follows is - what is trust? That u know someones sexual history so intimately that u r 100% sure he is not having unprotected sex with anyone else? After all, if hes happy doing bb with u there has to b a reasonable chance hell b doing the same with other guys! Trust sadly is subjective. In a time of AIDS, trust most of the time is not nearly enough.

N when u say tested I hope u mean tested very regularly. - both go u!

There is a trend in the past year of so with adult entertainment companies (porn) to go back to bareback and creating controversy. In the past, probably the main bb porn you can find is from this company, Treasure Island Media. In the past year, companies like Lucas Entertainment, Men.com, Sean Cody etc. have all gone condomless as well. 

I think while medication like PReP can help reduce the chances of infection, it is not a red flag for you to wave. 

Love. 

cant possibly take PReP after every sex....

PreP is not something you take on and off. It is something, once you start, you need to be on it for as long as you intend to have multiple sex partners, or with someone who is HIV+. It also takes time for the drug to be effective. Google. 

Love. 

Guest wozzit

There is a trend in the past year of so with adult entertainment companies (porn) to go back to bareback and creating controversy.

As a result of the HIV/AIDS pandemic n with public education in mind, for some years there was agreement amongst most of the vdo porn producers to have the actors using condoms. That is now a thing of the past, sadly, How many youngsters r exposed to sex through porn vdos - n how many r influenced by what they see in them? Too many, I fear!

As a result of the HIV/AIDS pandemic n with public education in mind, for some years there was agreement amongst most of the vdo porn producers to have the actors using condoms. That is now a thing of the past, sadly, How many youngsters r exposed to sex through porn vdos - n how many r influenced by what they see in them? Too many, I fear!

I agree. While there are medical advances made in reducing risks, there is still not a cure. The generation of gay men who lived through the AIDS crisis in the 80s, all have a cautionary tale. How attending funeral after funeral on a weekly basis became their rally cry to do something to stop it. I think the only time to go bareback is you are in a monogamous relationship.

Love. 

• 5 months later...

It is well researched that AIDS hit BTMs more then TOPs just like it hit females more then str8 males. The commonality is because we btm like women provide the hole for which to disperse your semen. It is a catch all cavity and is also conducive for it to stay a few days by which increases the chances of it getting into your blood stream.

Sperm if you guys don't know in your semen you ejaculate can last 3.5 days. thus AIDS virus swimming with the sperms in semen also stay alive longer. So now you see the bigger risk for BTM not willing to take the necessary precautions or insist on it if a TOP want to BB you?

Most TOPs I encounter outside in the 'wild' usually would wear a condom when you tell them to and many would insist. Not just for AIDS.. they are afraid of SHIT in your ass if you don't clean or don't clean well as most newbies don't.

I know for a fact if they know you are clean as my few fuck buddies do about my need to be perfectly clean and no smell, they rather do me BB if I let them. And I only let them as i know them very well for over 10 years they don't stray about apart from me and their wives heheh...

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

A recent study shows that you can reduce the risk dramatically if you use Truvada before and after sex. Take two pills before, then one per day for two days after sex. But there are other STDs. For me, condoms are still the way to go. I had raw sex when I was in a committed, trustful relationship when both parties were tested. I don't find there is much difference in terms of pleasure. Safe sex is also cleaner.

Edited by Traveler3032

• G_M changed the title to Has anyone tried bareback?
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Guest locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.