Male HQ

Old Shogun Discussion (Moved to New Shogun @ Chinatown)

Guest Guest

Got an email from Shogun.

'We would like to inform everybody that we will be moving to a nicer environment with better facilities to provide a better service.

We will be having our "Move Out Night" at 176 Telok Ayer Street on Sunday 19th August 2007.'

I wish them good luck. I thought the owner Vncent one of the nicest person around.

Is that Shogun not welcome mature clients?

I heard from another saunagoer that actually Blue Heaven sauna is not welcoming guys above 50yo, however I am unsure whether the statement is true :unsure:

They don't check IC right? I believe sauna don't care for your age, just more concern how you look like

Guest Guest

1. Beside the usual month end email from Shogan on month end buffet, there is no email from Shogan on moving out.

2. It does not make business sense to move out as the investment on the new premise is quite high. Hard to imagine that recover within such a short period.

3. Personally, Vincent is a nice & friendly person (that is one of the main reason I visited the place). Unfortunately his apperance at Shogan nowaday is very less frequent. To date, the place is manned by a Malay sissy & his Malay friends, I am not racist but the place is poorly maintained & less friendly. Not visiting for over 1.5 months.

Guest Matured.
i dun mind big grith but avg length dick. not so eager into long and thin dick.

Then surely you have a wide anus but dislike deep invasion.

Guest Guest

There is resurgence of competition from TMC, Diamond, YClub etc

Vincent has to start watching the atmosphere that he is creating at the Shogun to survive in this cut-throat business. Are you attracting the chubs, the softies, the mature or what.

Last wed I went for the 8 door party, everybody was still in towels at 9pm. The counter gave a feeble announcement to put away towels but that was it.

In the end, I paid extra $ for that theme nite but still got no "8-door" theme.

Oh yes the PC at Shogun is spoilt.

Guest Guest
what are the undesireable guests/types that they will turn down?

if you refer to Shogun, Y-Club, Raw etc, don't think they will turn down anyone, cos to be honest, their crowd totally different from others compare to TowelClub & Blue Heaven etc, if you can pay, you are welcome

Guest Guest

was there last week at Shogun, heard that the sissy Malay guy was no longer working there because he receives too many complaints that Vincent has to take action against him.

I was given a very bad attitude from him also and it was wise for Vincent to take this necessary action so as to improve the customer service for his business. At present, this other Malay guy's service is still so so. Hoped that Vincent will take certain action in order for his new place to be even better.

As nowadays, the sauna business has been getting very competitive; TC, 17, etc etc. and the latest, TMC. Sauna business has been the latest trend for PLU to visit and relax.

But to date there is only a few saunas which are operating 24 hours and if Shogun would be able to rise above the others, with improved customer service, better facilities, etc. I believe he will succeed in his business.

Guest unhappy client

I was there last night after 12am,thinking it should be crowded because of the holiday eve.Actually it's my first visit there,paid $8 and got in.After changing,i start walking up the stairs and start cruising from floor to floor.There are only total of 3 people walking around and 5 of them sleeping and snoring in different rooms. Worse,the aircon is not working and i was sweating on the top floor and when i came down to the first,i was sweating heavily.

I've never been to a sauna so quiet before.10mins is all i get to come in and get out.By the way,please tell your malay guys to be more courtesy.

unhappy client, to be frank, going sauna mostly depends your Luck, Shogun normally not alot of people so don't talk about at that hour even though is holiday eve or even weekend.

Compare Shogun & Raw, to be honest, Shogun is much clearner & better but if crowd then Raw will be much more better. Don't ask me why, seem like more uncles prefer Shogun maybe is much cheaper, & more youngster & beng will prefer RAW.

i visited shogun on last sat. SK night, business on a theme night was very poor, the ambient was so boring. It is hardly a crusising place from its hey days.

The worst is, shogun is used as subsitute of cheap hotel for those who picked up indian labour / china man elsewhere and bring there to have sex.

To shut an eyes on these sort of illegal sex activities, making people feel cheap to be in this kind of place.

Not to mention, the potential of inviting anti-vice authority surverillance or use decoy to trap thoese free-lance sex workers, etc.

Any visitor who visits shogun will certainly worrying for their privacy being compromised.

With a dropback of rising in AID cases and finger being pointed at gay community. Gay crusing places and suana are surely a targets by official department.

Any sort of enforcement taken can shut down shogun and cause business of other the likes to drop because most people will choose to stay away rather than being caught for no reason.

it was really heartwarming to hear from some PLU with regards to the concern about anti-vice, housing of indian foreign/china labour.

let's be diplomatic, with the opening of saunas and being in the trend for quite some time, don't we agree that saunas takes a lot of our PLU indoors instead of risking ourselves to be caught in the toilet, behind the bushes, along back alleys, etc, etc?

there is no doubt that we will be risking anti-vice for sudden spot checks, and causing inconvenience to a lot, but, hey look at it this way, it is still the safest haven for PLU

it was really heartwarming to hear from some PLU with regards to the concern about anti-vice, housing of indian foreign/china labour.

let's be diplomatic, with the opening of saunas and being in the trend for quite some time, don't we agree that saunas takes a lot of our PLU indoors instead of risking ourselves to be caught in the toilet, behind the bushes, along back alleys, etc, etc?

there is no doubt that we will be risking anti-vice for sudden spot checks, and causing inconvenience to a lot, but, hey look at it this way, it is still the safest haven for PLU

Yup!

Shogun is really moving out.. and the new location is at 18A Hongkong Street (opposite Clarke Quay MRT).... Vincent, the Boss, personally say so... notices are also paste in Shogun about the new location....

Also, according to Vincent, next Sunday will be the last day it will be in its current location...

yep, it seems that the time has come for Shogun to move to its new location and hopefully we will be able to see some changes in the new place despite all the comments that were given to TMC.

Kudos to Vincent if he is able to ride above the others, and also heard that RAW Max has the intention to move to the States, wonder what is going to happen to RAW.

anyway, spoke to Vincent last night and he is hiring new staff for the new place, if anyone interested do contact him at 97587514.

it seems like he is serious about improving his new Shogun to a place for everybody of quality to patronise.

• 4 weeks later...

Field Report. (Updated)

Locating Shogun

The New Shogun is located along HongKong Street which is directly opposite The Central (Clark Quay MRT). The entrance to the new Shogun club is a glass door leading to the 2nd level where the reception is. (Look for the Purple Bean Curd Signage).

On the 2nd floor, you pay the entry fee through a window and get a key and towel with condom and lube. The staff will ask you for your name for record purpose. The door will be open and you stepped in. Turning left, you will pass the small counter office and the walkway will lead you to the locker and changing area. On the same level at the other end of the building, there is an Art Room and a smoking / drink & snack / rest room & toilet facility. The Art room is for special activities.

The stairs will lead you to the 3rd floor, turning left is where the TV room and a Stage cum resting area is. There are about 4 inclined chairs facing the LCD TV where you can rest and watch. Behind the stage, there are 2 small cubicles. Leaving the TV room, you will see a hallway where 2 computers sits on a counter top. A sofa at the side for customers waiting for the computers to be free. Further at the end of the hallway is the shower room and toilet facilities.

On the 4th floor, when you turn left, there is a dark room with a two level resting area. The top level is pretty dark, which need some getting use to. That's where most of the action happens in the open. The lower level are lined with mattresses, it can be rather bright during the day. Under the stairs which leads to the 2nd level hides a cubicle which resembles a cage. Coming out of the dark room, you enters into a maze, at the end of the maze is the Steam Room. There is a small room which also has a maze partition and house another cubicle.

Enjoy

I think the next street only. Got competition hor...

Anyways, I wish Vincent all the best. I think he'd still recognise me although haven't been to the previous Shogun for awhile. Very nice guy and very homely.

I guessing it's probably as big as OS.

Huh? Since when do you need a permit for jacuzzi? do I need to install one in my love nest? Must I report to police for permission whenever I organise a pool orgy?

It's called a permit to carry out structural works. Water is heavy. One cubic metre of water weighs one tonne. Concentrate too much water in one part of the floor and it may collapse. Very hard to explain to police why so many naked men kena crushed in collapsed building.

I guess Vincent's structural engineer must have advised him against it?

SP

We see things not as they are, but as WE are - The Talmud

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear - The Buddha

It's called a permit to carry out structural works. Water is heavy. One cubic metre of water weighs one tonne. Concentrate too much water in one part of the floor and it may collapse.

Now I know why wan-ton noodles sits so heavy in my tummy...and feels like 1 cubic metre full too.

jazcuzzi cannot put on first floor meh hehe

I think you mean ground floor? Unfortunately new Shogun doesn't have a ground floor. But new Shogun does have quite a sexy steam room. I wish they had more private rooms tho.

Anyway personally I don't like to go into the jacuzzi. I always imagine lots of germs, parasites and other peoples' cum floating around in it. The only one that looks remotely clean is the Diamond jacuzzi.

We see things not as they are, but as WE are - The Talmud

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear - The Buddha

I love the new Shogun. It's got many good things going for it. The novelty of the place with its various quirky features should entice one to explore it more often. For a start, the spaciousness of the new sauna is a big plus. It's certainly a big departure from the claustrophic ham-in enclosure that was once Shogun at its old premises. The new hang-out feels cheery and bright and welcoming. I was there last night and the crowd was pretty encouraging. Many of them, like myself, are happy to meet up with Vincent again. Like meeing an old friend. Always affable and smiling he has lost quite a considerable amount of weight due to stress and all that. BUT he surely looks more handsome now.

I think GM has given us a very good preview of the layout of the place. Just some additional observations. The cinema area is really an improvement. Watching the movies from the back of the theatre feels like watching it from a 'circle' seat. After midnight, even got screening of a Jap p--no and watching the actions on the super big screen is certainly a big turn-on. The steam room I really like. Its not too dark and there are little partition spaces inside where you can have some intimate session without attracting unwanted attention. To me, undoubtedly the best steam room in our local gay saunas. The dark area takes some getting use to. Especially when the whole place is so dim, your eyes need some times to get adjusted. The two-storey crusing concept is really interesting but only if the place is slightly brighter- so at least you know who you are cruising. Or doing.

The minus part is that the whole place is too cold. And some areas really brightening up. The promotional price of $15 (with one free pass) is not steep but if Vincent can provide some free hot beverages- that will be excellent indeed. Not enough private rooms. Vincent told me there are four (and I managed to locate only two). But the staffs are friendly (esp that Malay guy on the third floor who 's really doing an exemplary job in getting everyone comfortable). I will certainly visit it again. :D

Sorry TC, I don't hv the data for you, but when I was there it was pretty crowded.

I was too busy exploring at all nooks and corners to take much notice.

Er.. The "cage" under the double decker was very happening. Saw (barely) this btm being "song" by a few guys in succession.

Last nite I visited the new Shogun. After changing into towels, I noticed there were 2 CCTV pointing at the locker areas. It was not yet connected but the owner may want to re-consider to prevent filming of peopke changing.

There was a good crowd, I estimated about 40. Probably because it was Saturday and Shogun was having a nude nite.

We took off towels at the top floor. Opening the door, there is an elevated upper floor like an attic on the top floor. The room was dark.

What attracted me was a man bending over the railings of the upper floor. He was moaning "kang wo", "kang wo", "fxxk me", "fxxk me". My initial thoughts was that of a horny guy trying to draw his man. On closer look there seems to be a man fxxking him from behind while pressing him down on the railings.

Excited I quickly made my way up the wooden stairs to the elevated floor. A small crowd has gathered around the man at the railing. It was kinky to see a top pumping the btm while bending the btm over the railing. His ass was fxxked in full view of the audience. The btm was moaning and begging the top to screw him. The btm was pushed on to the mattress on the floor. Side fxxk, front fxxk, doggy fxxk they do it all while the btm was masturbating himself furiously.

If Shogun can attract such daring crowd, the facilities will not be wasted. I will go back to Shogun for more Saturday night show.

Am looking for the guy whom I made passionate love with on Sun Sep 16. We were the only pair of love birds there with saucy lips locked.

I left at about 7 pm. If you were that guy, please reply. Thanks.

Guest kinkybtm
Excited I quickly made my way up the wooden stairs to the elevated floor. A small crowd has gathered around the man at the railing. It was kinky to see a top pumping the btm while bending the btm over the railing. His ass was fxxked in full view of the audience.

Was it a bit too dark? It would have been better if it is a little bit brighter, so can see the bottom's face a bit more.

On closer look there seems to be a man fxxking him from behind while pressing him down on the railings.

Excited I quickly made my way up the wooden stairs to the elevated floor. A small crowd has gathered around the man at the railing. It was kinky to see a top pumping the btm while bending the btm over the railing. His ass was fxxked in full view of the audience.

How was the top like? Nice bod? Was the top rough or aggressive?