Male HQ

All About Pubic Hair - How to Shave / Trim / Wax Or Hairless (Compiled)

worldangel

Shave or Trim or Leave it natural ?  

1,221 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Doesn't matter, if you look manly, you will be manly with or without hair. Don't be too bothered with it. In my opinion it's a gift to be smooth. What matters is how you carry yourself. 

If you are hairy, but you behave like Mary, how manly can you get? 

I think it's a curse to be smooth. I want to grow a wicked beard.

If you really worry, just go salon and grab some cut hair from the floor and super glue it. Just make sure don't swim with it. Lol

Actually not uncommon to reach puberty yet no bodily hair. Some guys bodily hair grow much slower, if at all. Don't worry about other people seeing it when you shower in the army. Most won't ask. If they do they just tease. I remember in my army daze, some bunk mate nick named: big bird, tweety, lau nua (salivating) etc.

There is a myth that suggest shaving to increase or speed up the process but I don't think it worked for me than. Don't shave daily or you might end up being permernantly smooth instead. For a start check on progress daily, wait till you see some regrow before you shave again. I had some fine hairs on my thigh when I was in puberty and I shaved hoping to get more or speed up the process but my daily shaving must have killed all the fine hairs and eventually ended with no hair on my thigh.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, there is the hygiene aspect and the beauty aspect, 

For hygiene, it's good and bad cause shaving it would mean you reduce the amount of bacteria getting caught in the tresses of your pubes, but if your blade was rusted/ dirty  and you cut yourself, you run the risk of getting infections and stuff like that. 

In the sense of beauty, there are guys out there who prefer either well-trimmed, totally bare, totally unkempt, or other fanciful cuts, so it depends on what look you are going for, and what kinda style the guys that you are interested might be interested in. 

There are no hard and fast rules about shaving your pubes, as long as you take care of your personal hygiene. 

Personally, I would wax it off instead, as the hair would end up very rough when you use a shaver to trim the hair. 

Hope this helps a little :D

Cooking is my passion. Music is my life. Reading is my sanity. 

Bitching about you keeps me happy. 

"People fear because of a lack of understanding, and a lack of understanding comes from a lack of proper communication on both parties, so to resolve fear we need to first resolve communication"

• 1 month later...

lol interesting, so hairy wants to be smooth. smooth wants to be hairy.

That's human. We also want to have things u do not have. Just like uncut wanna get cut while cut wants to restore foreskin. Oops off topic.

Back to topic..... Smooth or hairy ... Personal choice la. Not all smooth is gay, gay can be hairy too.

Anyone bought Beauty Affair (27 Purvis Street) Boyzillion waxing voucher from Groupon?

seems like quite a decent deal (40+ for boyzillion and butt crack), but didn't know that it's done by female therapist, in her 30s!

was abit stepped back initially, but thought of just treating it as a professional treatment, so yea, i went ahead with it, letting a female to handle my private part.

i would say she's doing it quite detailed and professionally. They have different wax for areas of varying sensitivity. And knowing that i don't wax very often, she spent an hour doing smaller areas bit by bit. and each area was done multiple times with in details to make sure no broken hair/prevent in-grown. She was saying they're wax distributor, thus having more types of wax of different degrees, unlike most of the waxing joint having one type fit all kinda pink wax. when applying on more sensitive areas like around anus, balls, and side of the shaft, those stronger wax might be more painful then the gentler one. True enough i don't feel as pain as my previous waxing experience.

Well, if you don't mind handle by female therapist, for a strictly professional waxing experience, can give it a try. 

I personally don't feel very comfortable, guess will still stick to male therapist in the future. Make sure I call and check if they have male therapist before going.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

hmm i thought only girls need to shave and wax to be sexy, got guys who are the same too?

I m a guy who is clean shaven down there. It attract another guy while in the gym shower.

Guest Rafael

Shaving pubic hair is a big turn down for me. From my experience in male dormitory with open shower in Japan, straight students mostly don't shave their pubic hair, they olny trim it so it's not becoming bushy.

From my experience in male dormitory with open shower in Japan, straight students mostly don't shave their pubic hair, they olny trim it so it's not becoming bushy.

From my living in Japan experience, most Japanese men do nothing to their pubic hair. Wild straight bushes down there!

Guest Rafael

From my living in Japan experience, most Japanese men do nothing to their pubic hair. Wild straight bushes down there!

lol they do trim it in my dorm. tho they even have the article in magazine about the way to trim pubic hair, but rarely seen the shaved ones.

• 3 weeks later...

Me too... I had such thoughts before.  :-)

Hi all, because of my skin conditions, I need to trim or shave down there. There was a few times when I have ny hair cur at those old type chinese barber shop, I really feel like asking if they do trim or shave sevices down there. But never dare to ask.

I wonder if such nice barber exist ? Anyone have such encounter recommendations ?

Thanks in advanced !

Guest Guest

Anyone bought Beauty Affair (27 Purvis Street) Boyzillion waxing voucher from Groupon?

seems like quite a decent deal (40+ for boyzillion and butt crack), but didn't know that it's done by female therapist, in her 30s!

was abit stepped back initially, but thought of just treating it as a professional treatment, so yea, i went ahead with it, letting a female to handle my private part.

i would say she's doing it quite detailed and professionally. They have different wax for areas of varying sensitivity. And knowing that i don't wax very often, she spent an hour doing smaller areas bit by bit. and each area was done multiple times with in details to make sure no broken hair/prevent in-grown. She was saying they're wax distributor, thus having more types of wax of different degrees, unlike most of the waxing joint having one type fit all kinda pink wax. when applying on more sensitive areas like around anus, balls, and side of the shaft, those stronger wax might be more painful then the gentler one. True enough i don't feel as pain as my previous waxing experience.

Well, if you don't mind handle by female therapist, for a strictly professional waxing experience, can give it a try. 

I personally don't feel very comfortable, guess will still stick to male therapist in the future. Make sure I call and check if they have male therapist before going.

did you get a hardon ?? ;)

• 3 months later...
Guest kenny chou

how will you react when parents or relatives spotted that you waxed or shaved cleanly your bushes (armpits, pubes, etc)?

when you wear singlets it's clearly seen if you shaved your pits ..

Firstly I don't think your parents will ask you directly why you shave your armpit.

If they do, just tell them your reason.

As for your shaven pubes, again why would your parents/relatives ask?! They saw it?

So, I think you are worrying too much. Take it easy and everything will be fine.

Thumbs up for doing "housekeeping".

Edited by bluerunner

• G_M changed the title to All About Pubic Hair - How to Shave / Trim / Wax Or Hairless (Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.