Male HQ

Cabin Crew / Flight Attendant Discussion (Singapore Based) - SIA, British Airway, Jetstar, etc (Compiled)

Guest privacy raider
On 4/22/2019 at 5:52 PM, tomcat said:

I won't do that, as I think it would infringe on his privacy. Sorry...

The recent rules in BW are stricter but I support them, thank you.

I m not sure if you can't identify the guy with the facebook link you posted. One of the digits will lead to his fb account. It is always better to delete out the hyper links or tags.

Anyway, good for respecting other;s privacy. too many here are really inconsiderate.

Guest wasted your life?
7 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

ok is there any outings Ie gay but u felt u r w brothers, not sisters?

So sorry i have not attended any gay parties/outings in my whole life 

Damn then you should. Even in Singapore there are gays celebrating parties (and I m not talking of sex parties). Why so shy? What is keeping you up?

I feel sad for you.

I even travel with a group of 30 gays to certain parts of Asia on a tour.

Even some guys tend to be sissy or girlier, I would never call them sisters.

Guest wasted your life?
6 hours ago, kimlo777 said:

I think there is too much stereotyping here about how a gay man should be.

In my decades of leading a gay life, I have met many different types of gay personality.  There are some who are so straight acting that you don't suspect they are gays until they reveal their true self to you.  Yet there are those who are manly but with certain gay attributes that give them away quite easily.  Then there are the ones who are overtly gay and are not afraid to let the whole world know they are gay.

Gays can be quiet, noisy, kind or bitchy - it all depends on their individual characteristics.  God made all of us different with our own unique traits and characteristics.

Wow, first time I can agree to something what you wrote.

Gay guys are so different each other. I really hate this stereotyping. We should accept that we are very different all together.

The hottest surprise are those overly manly masculine acting ones, but who later confess that they prefer to be a bottom. I love those. ha ha

But often you can see this uniformisation. what I mean is, something is a trend and many gays would follow that trend, then you can easily spot them.

My gaydar seems quite well developed. Maybe because I have open eyes.

I sat in a bus and loved looking at a very masculine guy. I did not stare but just took my chances to glance at him. He was perfect from looks.

He left the bus some bus stops ahead of mine. 5 mins later on grindr I received that message:

"Hi, you looked at me in the bus just now..."

I had never thought he could be gay.

And even with girlier guys you can go wrong. Some Asian guys can be quite feminine but they are still straight and not gay.

So better be careful and don't assume things too early.

Guest loneliness
5 hours ago, tomcat said:

Having known a few friends who are cabin crew, I have to say they make huge sacrifices. It can be quite a lonely job, because most holidays will be burned working. SQ crew will ballot and have their leaves planned for the whole year, so sometimes you get a good year with a good mix of leaves and holidays, and sometimes you kena a bad year, where all dates that are important to you are spent working.

Sure it is not nice to be on duty when your mother celebrates her birthday. but in other jobs that can happen too.

And for sure I can't confirm that loneliness.

When my flat was still in the downtown area, I happened to meet a lot of flight boys in their hotels, chasing away their loneliness. After some year I had quite some regulars, who chatted me up 2-3 days prior to their arrival to Singapore, sort of like booking me. With some I went for dinners before or after or ended up chatting in the room.

Most of them were in relationships. But I didn't go into details and only know when they told me. Some of them are still friends, but not all flying to Singapore.

Some of them I had to remind to keep fresh for the upcoming long haul flights.

As they were from foreign airlines, surprisingly I never bumped into one on my own flights.

It seems that there is something true that they might have bfs in all cities they fly to. ha ha (But I don't want to complain as I benefited from their flight stays in town.)

I find that the flight attendants I have had hooked up with in the past seems to be more adventurous sexually. This is based on what I have experienced and heard from friends. Maybe it is because they are in a different city for a short while, and hence less inhibitions. I always remember several years ago, on Christmas eve, during the day, this SQ flight attendant whom I had exchanged numbers with a few months earlier was in town, and invited me to his hotel. Long story short, he had organized a little orgy session, with 3 of us (3 wise men I supposed) banging his tight little hole. Later when the other 2 guys left, I took him out to dinner, and he admitted it was a fantasy he had for a long time and never dared play it out in Singapore. 

The other was a first officer from Air France. Nice guy in his 30s and we hooked up via Grindr. I was meeting clients at the hotel where the crew was staying, and we met first at the lobby bar. After a few drinks, it was up to his room and that's where things got a little interesting. He had an assortment of dildos in one of his suitcases, and it became a fun evening playing with toys on each other. It was different, but fun. I always wonder how he got his toys past security but I supposed being cabin crew has its privileges. 

Love. 

4 hours ago, doncoin said:

It was different, but fun. I always wonder how he got his toys past security but I supposed being cabin crew has its privileges. 

Lol, yes it does. Cabin crew usually go through their own lane with less security procedures, especially in busier airports to minimze delays. Hahaha, and toys might raise some eyebrows but isn't a stop and confiscate offense. (Unless in carry ons with lithium ion batteries;))

Guest guest

Cathay Pacific crew caught by company hired security stealing inflight champagne , Haagen Dazs icecream and other food from the airplane.

WAH , must be very high cost of living in hongkong that inflight crew have to subsist on champagne and icecream. Even inflight bread ia not spared , crew defended action by saying they don't eant edible food to go to waste, 

国泰航空服务员名誉大降?

Investigation are ongoing.

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/world/cathay-pacific-flight-attendants-are-caught-stealing-ice-cream-champagne-and-even-pieces-of-bread-as-airline-cracks-down-on-thefts-which-have-cost-it-hundreds-of-millions/ar-BBWcy6K

Champagne is not perishable and will be recycling on the next flight.

Crew be always been reminded not to remove any flight's belongings.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

On 4/23/2019 at 8:45 PM, Guest loneliness said:

Sure it is not nice to be on duty when your mother celebrates her birthday. but in other jobs that can happen too.

And for sure I can't confirm that loneliness.

When my flat was still in the downtown area, I happened to meet a lot of flight boys in their hotels, chasing away their loneliness. After some year I had quite some regulars, who chatted me up 2-3 days prior to their arrival to Singapore, sort of like booking me. With some I went for dinners before or after or ended up chatting in the room.

Most of them were in relationships. But I didn't go into details and only know when they told me. Some of them are still friends, but not all flying to Singapore.

Some of them I had to remind to keep fresh for the upcoming long haul flights.

As they were from foreign airlines, surprisingly I never bumped into one on my own flights.

It seems that there is something true that they might have bfs in all cities they fly to. ha ha (But I don't want to complain as I benefited from their flight stays in town.)

I agree on some counts, it also depends on which airline they are from - each has its own team / company culture. SQ tends to hang out with each other in their downtime, but this close-knit interaction is encouraged, to that it becomes odd and problematic when one or two is a bit anti-social. Indeed, the crew needs to work well together - if they have some issues, they still have to work together, so it's just more advantageous to get along and play well. 

Some friends from other airlines are more lone-wolfs, or go off to meet their other friends, and in this case, city-boyfriends. Same here, they usually hit me up a week in advance, but it is not always sexual, just hang out for dinner, drinks and catch up.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

3 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Cathay Pacific crew caught by company hired security stealing inflight champagne , Haagen Dazs icecream and other food from the airplane.

WAH , must be very high cost of living in hongkong that inflight crew have to subsist on champagne and icecream. Even inflight bread ia not spared , crew defended action by saying they don't eant edible food to go to waste, 

国泰航空服务员名誉大降?

Investigation are ongoing.

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/world/cathay-pacific-flight-attendants-are-caught-stealing-ice-cream-champagne-and-even-pieces-of-bread-as-airline-cracks-down-on-thefts-which-have-cost-it-hundreds-of-millions/ar-BBWcy6K

It is just a method to sack high paying senior crew with retirement funds along with some other crew 

9C049458-84CC-474E-98E5-CD902C33445C.png

E69F1F8A-73A5-40E1-99DC-DB6679A52275.png

Guest Little Bear Uncle

It's an open secret that many airline captains have drinking problems. Recently so many cases in the news.

I remember more than 20 years ago when I visited a famous gay disco in London. Being in a sex liberated place, I whored it up and danced naked. There's this guy who came to pick me up. He introduced himself as the captain of some airline. I was half drunk, he was half drunk but his hotel was nearby.

So we went back to his hotel for sex. At the hotel, he had plenty of nice alcoholic drinks in his suitcase. As the airline captain, he has a very generous quota of duty free alcoholic drinks that he can bring in for personal consumption. So he consume most of it himself by partying with friends or sell some or even smuggled more in.

The first thing he did was to pour us some drinks till we're both almost passed out in the middle of foreplay. Then in the middle of the night, people suddenly opened the door that he left unlocked and there's 3 to 4 guys in the room helping themselves to the drinks. 

Apparently that's how they party. I'm the whore that's picked up to join the party and provide the sex. I was shocked and pushed the captain awake to tell me what's happening. Well, they greeted each other and before I knew it, the masculine captain with the manly deep voice had his feet on the shoulders of one muscle bear and I can hear his oomff as he was penetrated.

The man who I thought was going to penetrate me just now and was lying beside me, he's now casually being penetrated like a whore. He moaning and smiling but still half drunk telling me to join the party. I was hesitant and insisted they use condom. That dampened their spirit and only one of them was willing to fuck me with condom. The rest played raw amongst themselves. Most of them were versatile. Except that muscle bear who seem to own that captain and fuck him exclusively like a whore.

When we're exhausted and finished, most of them left. I woke up the next morning with a screaming hangover that I felt so sick like I want to die. Right beside me in bed were the captain and his muscle bear. I couldn't get up to wash up. The captain woke up and got me some hangover pills that helped a lot. He took some himself and went to wash up.

The muscle bear woke up and knew where to get the pills. We made some small talk in bed. The captain came out of toilet and they playfully fondled each other. Before long, the captain was bend over the side of the bed and screwed till the bed was rocking. While they're copulating, they told me about their relationship. It's an open relationship but the muscle bear wears the trousers. They like to party for the atmosphere but muscle bear owned the captain and they're are mostly exclusive during the party. They are open outside when playing individually. They'll bring whore to the party to be fucked by the others so that the captain's ass is exclusively for that muscle bear.

It's not a master slave type more like a top dominant type. That captain never acted subservient or feminine. But still the muscle bear like to scold vulgarity and use feminine terms like whore, bitch, mancunt on the captain during copulation and was really quite rough on him. All these while I was watching. That's part of their party mood about open sex, it includes letting their friends and strangers watch them copulate and party.

They party and sex and I haven't seen them totally sober all these time.

On Monday, April 29, 2019 at 8:09 AM, Guest Little Bear Uncle said:

It's an open secret that many airline captains have drinking problems. Recently so many cases in the news.

I remember more than 20 years ago when I visited a famous gay disco in London. Being in a sex liberated place, I whored it up and danced naked. There's this guy who came to pick me up. He introduced himself as the captain of some airline. I was half drunk, he was half drunk but his hotel was nearby.

So we went back to his hotel for sex. At the hotel, he had plenty of nice alcoholic drinks in his suitcase. As the airline captain, he has a very generous quota of duty free alcoholic drinks that he can bring in for personal consumption. So he consume most of it himself by partying with friends or sell some or even smuggled more in.

The first thing he did was to pour us some drinks till we're both almost passed out in the middle of foreplay. Then in the middle of the night, people suddenly opened the door that he left unlocked and there's 3 to 4 guys in the room helping themselves to the drinks. 

Apparently that's how they party. I'm the whore that's picked up to join the party and provide the sex. I was shocked and pushed the captain awake to tell me what's happening. Well, they greeted each other and before I knew it, the masculine captain with the manly deep voice had his feet on the shoulders of one muscle bear and I can hear his oomff as he was penetrated.

The man who I thought was going to penetrate me just now and was lying beside me, he's now casually being penetrated like a whore. He moaning and smiling but still half drunk telling me to join the party. I was hesitant and insisted they use condom. That dampened their spirit and only one of them was willing to fuck me with condom. The rest played raw amongst themselves. Most of them were versatile. Except that muscle bear who seem to own that captain and fuck him exclusively like a whore.

When we're exhausted and finished, most of them left. I woke up the next morning with a screaming hangover that I felt so sick like I want to die. Right beside me in bed were the captain and his muscle bear. I couldn't get up to wash up. The captain woke up and got me some hangover pills that helped a lot. He took some himself and went to wash up.

The muscle bear woke up and knew where to get the pills. We made some small talk in bed. The captain came out of toilet and they playfully fondled each other. Before long, the captain was bend over the side of the bed and screwed till the bed was rocking. While they're copulating, they told me about their relationship. It's an open relationship but the muscle bear wears the trousers. They like to party for the atmosphere but muscle bear owned the captain and they're are mostly exclusive during the party. They are open outside when playing individually. They'll bring whore to the party to be fucked by the others so that the captain's ass is exclusively for that muscle bear.

It's not a master slave type more like a top dominant type. That captain never acted subservient or feminine. But still the muscle bear like to scold vulgarity and use feminine terms like whore, bitch, mancunt on the captain during copulation and was really quite rough on him. All these while I was watching. That's part of their party mood about open sex, it includes letting their friends and strangers watch them copulate and party.

They party and sex and I haven't seen them totally sober all these time.

If your story is real, then u should immediately make a report to the airline and inform them they have such a pilot on duty, totally unacceptable and u could be saving hundreds of life along the way.

11 hours ago, Guest checks said:

With the recent crashes and news about drunk pilots the airlines or airports might introduce alcohol tests on the flight pilots...

Yap and why should pilot be allowed to have a generous quota on duty-free alcohol, really nonsense.

Edited by lonelyglobe

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, Guest Renjit said:

Hi, do you know how much is the starting salary for flight steward? I'm currently applying for that job.

I'm applying for cabin crew. Any advice?

The basic pay starts from $1350 depends on yr qualification but the allowances such as uniform,meal n etc etc hits up to 3,4k . Again if u are scheduled to countries like europe , yr monthly income would ne higher depends on the mileage.

All the best in ur application. Do your best.

• 9 months later...
12 hours ago, fab said:

Ambassador ing.

Only those who volunteered. And only those who meet the criteria.

14 hours ago, Guest Kevin Khoo said:

So how things going on now to our flight members here?

Most of my SQ friends are now doing canvas learning. Flights have resumed, but obviously not the same as before.

But majority are still being retained.

Friends in Emirates. Qantas, etc, some have been laid off, many retained but with paycuts.

Many are attempting to leave their base locations aka quit to go home but not able to. 

Dubai and gulf states are where majority of horror stories coming from, when cabin crew are being moved from their housing.

Senior crew are safe, those who have own places by now, but those younger ones who are in shared crew housing,

some have been relocated dunno where.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest Uncle
On 4/1/2010 at 9:56 AM, Guest xing said:

The standards for Singapore Airline Air Stewards has drop over the years.

Used to see mamy Air steward with nice features , standing proud in the airport.

Now a day . . . SO SAD

think any of those hunks on the street are better looking n confident than those cabin crew.

Totally agree with you! What happened to excellence standards???

2 hours ago, tomcat said:

Only those who volunteered. And only those who meet the criteria.

Most of my SQ friends are now doing canvas learning. Flights have resumed, but obviously not the same as before.

But majority are still being retained.

Friends in Emirates. Qantas, etc, some have been laid off, many retained but with paycuts.

Many are attempting to leave their base locations aka quit to go home but not able to. 

Dubai and gulf states are where majority of horror stories coming from, when cabin crew are being moved from their housing.

Senior crew are safe, those who have own places by now, but those younger ones who are in shared crew housing,

some have been relocated dunno where.

What majority story is that ? With dubai men? Hehe

4 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Not everything is about sex...

Sorry for being sex maniac.  

Actually tbh, time to reform or change our attitude during this period especially these cabin crews. Gone were the days where they think highly abt themselves just bcoz they are appointed by appearances. Some with o level qualification n with this kind of job scope cant do much at this moment. They dont have much choices even.

Hopefully after this, ppl change for better with positive atttiudes n mannerism.

Edited by cutejack

22 minutes ago, cutejack said:

Actually tbh, time to reform or change our attitude during this period especially these cabin crews. Gone were the days where they think highly abt themselves just bcoz they are appointed by appearances. Some with o level qualification n with this kind of job scope cant do much at this moment. They dont have much choices even.

Hopefully after this, ppl change for better with positive atttiudes n mannerism.

Well, good looks will always be important in our society, so there is that.

Whether cabin crew or not, good looking people will always be favoured and get further in life.

This is a fact, gay men will know this first hand.

But in terms of future, they are mostly young. And SQ turnover is pretty high anyways, so it is common to bounce into another industry.

The hardest thing is for them to let go of the jetset lifestyle, steady stream of income and allowance, and explosive social life.

This one other airline cabin crew might have problem letting go of this aspect.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

1 minute ago, tomcat said:

Well, good looks will always be important in our society, so there is that.

Whether cabin crew or not, good looking people will always be favoured and get further in life.

This is a fact, gay men will know this first hand.

But in terms of future, they are mostly young. And SQ turnover is pretty high anyways, so it is common to bounce into another industry.

The hardest thing is for them to let go of the jetset lifestyle, steady stream of income and allowance, and explosive social life.

This one other airline cabin crew might have problem letting go of this aspect.

Well, time to accept the facts. 

3 minutes ago, cutejack said:

Well, time to accept the facts. 

Well it depends, if they have saved up - this period of reduced pay is no problem. 

6 mths to 12 mths of rainy day funds, coupled with fractional pay is not too bad lah. Most won't die.

They just need to ride this period out. But I guess not everyone have been saving,

or are mentally strong enough to stay calm and keep themselves going.

at this point, the above applies to almost everyone else as well, not just cabin crew..

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

5 hours ago, tomcat said:

Well it depends, if they have saved up - this period of reduced pay is no problem. 

6 mths to 12 mths of rainy day funds, coupled with fractional pay is not too bad lah. Most won't die.

They just need to ride this period out. But I guess not everyone have been saving,

or are mentally strong enough to stay calm and keep themselves going.

at this point, the above applies to almost everyone else as well, not just cabin crew..

As i mentioned earlier,  time to pray more n reform. Testing period

16 hours ago, cutejack said:

As i mentioned earlier,  time to pray more n reform. Testing period

Hmm, I think that applies to most people during this time...?

So my reply was to call out the fact that you have a narrative based for "especially these cabin crews".

That they need to "change", "pray" and "reform" their ways, because they are more good looking (?).

Cabin crew are just normal human beings.  Their job may have perks and look glamorous,  but they face challenges just like any other jobs.

Seems like you are just projecting your own personal issues. Who hurt you?

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

52 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Hmm, I think that applies to most people during this time...?

So my reply was to call out the fact that you have a narrative based for "especially these cabin crews".

That they need to "change", "pray" and "reform" their ways, because they are more good looking (?).

Cabin crew are just normal human beings.  Their job may have perks and look glamorous,  but they face challenges just like any other jobs.

Seems like you are just projecting your own personal issues. Who hurt you?

Sorry to mislead u guys. Im referring that statement to all. Cabin crews is an example only as the title is abt them.

Cabin crews relatively easier to find jobs than others because of 2 reasons (at least this is what I think)

1) they are more presentable 

2) service industries is always in demand

i know a male friend who is a cabin crew. After retrenched, he is able to find a service manager job in a hotel very fast. Another female friend who is also cabin crew, after she left, she joined a beauty salon as a relation manager. 

48 minutes ago, tyan said:

YOUNG Cabin crews relatively easier to find jobs than others because of 2 reasons (at least this is what I think)

i know a male friend who is a cabin crew. After retrenched, he is able to find a service manager job in a hotel very fast. Another female friend who is also cabin crew, after she left, she joined a beauty salon as a relation manager. 

Edited for you.

Better now.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Errrrrr
5 hours ago, tyan said:

Cabin crews relatively easier to find jobs than others because of 2 reasons (at least this is what I think)

no offence but these kinda jobs able to get by most people easily

Guest Guest

singapore airlines much like other singaporean products are over rated. Once people tried it, they will not fly with SQ again as the price sq charges are over priced.

I find those airlines like Thai, Korean, Eva air,  vietnam, Garuda and even MAS much better. Its cabin crew are much more caring than those I encountered than SQ  SQ cabin crew only look after those in business class, those in economy, service and products are not good unlike those other asian airlines i mentioned who truely serve from the heart, are always so helpfull and full of smiles.

Guest SQ compared

This might be your personal perception.

But there is one point totally wrong: Every airline allocates a certain number of Stewardesses and Stewards to Business and Economy.

The statement SQ crew only looking after business class passengers is wrong.

For SQ it even happens for the Chef Steward and Chef Stewardess from the business class to take a walk through the economy class to see if everything in order. This rarely happens at other airlines.

If you feel you don't receive the service then maybe something with your personal attitude is not right and the crew at other airlines simply counter it with a smile, but it's more the smile being fed up. so not the happy smile.

And good if you fly other airlines because then passengers on SQ don't need to endure you during the flight...

5 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

singapore airlines much like other singaporean products are over rated. Once people tried it, they will not fly with SQ again as the price sq charges are over priced.

I find those airlines like Thai, Korean, Eva air,  vietnam, Garuda and even MAS much better. Its cabin crew are much more caring than those I encountered than SQ  SQ cabin crew only look after those in business class, those in economy, service and products are not good unlike those other asian airlines i mentioned who truely serve from the heart, are always so helpfull and full of smiles.

Well then, you have not really flown any US based airlines where seats are terrible. No meal services (except first or business class) and you have to pay for alcohol beverages in economy. Cabin crews at best are polite and relatively proficient, and at worst, give you attitude and ignore you. 

I fly a variety of airlines due to work. So if I am flying to Singapore, I will take SQ for the convenience and minimum layover. Most airlines like the ones you have mentioned do have great crew and service. I do not think SQ is overrated. I think it is a product that took many years to build to establish the brand to where it is today. SQ has positioned itself as a premium product. It is not a budget airline. While the prices can be above the competition depending on when you book, there are those who are willing to pay the extra, especially the long haul flights. Believe me, those little extras go a long way on a 18 hour non-stop. 

Edited by doncoin

Love. 

Same thinking as @doncoin number of layover is extremely important even if I need to pay more to minimize the number of layover. The other reason others might not agreed, as Singaporean I will incline to SQ because I feel that I will be treated well. (I know the crews are supposed to treat everyone fairly) but more than once I was given special attention as I am a Singaporean among all the other nationalities. 

12 hours ago, Guest Errrrrr said:

no offence but these kinda jobs able to get by most people easily

Not really. If 2 persons, 1 is a good looking cabin crew and another is average looking. Both have the same attitude and competency. Most employer will choose the better looking one. This is a very superficial society. 

12 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Ratio of crew to pax in first class is about 1 to 4.

1 to 12 in business class.

1 to 40 in economy.

How to be the same?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

SQ used to have more flight routes, meaning it was easy to get further with minimal connections.

For me, this is why I pick SQ. Business class service is nice, but when you fly often, you don't really need much anymore.

It is the leisure traveller that tends to demand and request a lot, maybe to get their money's worth.

Business travellers whose flights are covered by company, the novelty gets old over time.

Sometimes, go in, just ask for a nightcap and sleep the whole way. For me, I just want comfort and quiet.

Out of all flights, many cabin crew friends said further flights are better, more allowance, travel, downtime for rest.

Turnaround flights, like HK, or those to Delhi are the most despised because it is the most strenous, especially in economy.

So it makes sense that not everyone in economy will get the same amount of attention and care.

Whatever it is, Singaporeans have a bad reputation when flying - rude and entitled. Something we need to change.

Next time, smile at your cabin crew, say hello when they introduce themselves. Learn their name, at least.

Answer their questions politely with a smile. Treat them like human beings, not people in service to you.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

1 hour ago, tomcat said:

SQ used to have more flight routes, meaning it was easy to get further with minimal connections.

For me, this is why I pick SQ. Business class service is nice, but when you fly often, you don't really need much anymore.

It is the leisure traveller that tends to demand and request a lot, maybe to get their money's worth.

Business travellers whose flights are covered by company, the novelty gets old over time.

Sometimes, go in, just ask for a nightcap and sleep the whole way. For me, I just want comfort and quiet.

Out of all flights, many cabin crew friends said further flights are better, more allowance, travel, downtime for rest.

Turnaround flights, like HK, or those to Delhi are the most despised because it is the most strenous, especially in economy.

So it makes sense that not everyone in economy will get the same amount of attention and care.

Whatever it is, Singaporeans have a bad reputation when flying - rude and entitled. Something we need to change.

Next time, smile at your cabin crew, say hello when they introduce themselves. Learn their name, at least.

Answer their questions politely with a smile. Treat them like human beings, not people in service to you.

If the steward is handsome, there will be more than just a smile and learning his name *wink*.

Guest SQ compared
4 hours ago, tomcat said:

What I meant in my previous post.

If you are rude or have that entitlement attitude, even SQ crew will not treat you as nice as if you are always polite and act humble.

On a Asia route I flew Economy because it was below the distance requirement for business.

I asked nicely, got a Foreign language newspaper and magazine from Business class.

Always said Xie Xie or Terima Kasih and the stewardess was super attentive. Left 2 nice sandwiches on the seat next to me during my short sleep.

If you complain, are rude, and over-demanding or speak loud to the stewardess, she will smile but accidentally spill the tomato juice on your pants.

There are too many local on those plains who behave as if they paid the price of a 7* luxury retreat with butler service  but in fact only paid a very small

promotional price for the ticket.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.