Male HQ

Cabin Crew / Flight Attendant Discussion (Singapore Based) - SIA, British Airway, Jetstar, etc (Compiled)

Dun bother being a steward, no future and its a job for the not-so-educated.

It is not a matter of being jealous, but there are so many jobs which you can takeup and requires you to fly all the time.

Only those whom are O-level and will never be sent out for overseas postings will want to be a steward.

This is so not nice to say. Any job is the same as long as it's what you like doing. So what if it pays less than a banker or a doctor?

They are not "not-so-educated" as you call them. Future: you can climb up the hierarchy on board but then you can always settle down a bit and move to grounds. Take care of passenger services, sales. Flight attendant is by no means a one way, one position career.

For any job, it's what you make out of it that will allow you to grow and move up.

Take a waiter. Some are happy staying a waiter. Some will go up and become restaurant manager and then Food and Beverage Manager for a hotel. Then director. I know a lot of friends who became general managers of 5* hotels after being waiters at the beginning.

So if it's what you like to son go for it. If you don't like it, quit and find something else. You're young. You still have time to change career :)

Lots of undergrad students go for it as a means to save money for their masters. It's a somehow fun and eye opening job that gets you more money than most other entry level jobs.

Guest Guest

Dun bother being a steward, no future and its a job for the not-so-educated.

It is not a matter of being jealous, but there are so many jobs which you can takeup and requires you to fly all the time.

Only those whom are O-level and will never be sent out for overseas postings will want to be a steward.

I think deep down inside those who criticize the job secretly place some attention on it or even admire it. If not, they prob try for the job but didnt get it. You dun hear people talk about a job they dun care about. Or maybe gt ditched by a steward? :rolleyes:

Had fun (repeatedly) with three SQ gays before. One was very fair, almost hairless down there and very little armpit hair. Told me that cabin crew do not do it with each other and are discreet.

Second one was rather bitchy type with funny temperament. But he was also a ballet dancer and was nice to see him do that tip-toe stance stark naked.

Third one liked to contour his eyebrows, goes to the gym often and finally hooked up with someone older that he met at a popular spa.

And there were other gay stewards I have met from other airlines. I am not with the airlines but travel a lot.

Yeah somehow for some weird reasons, crew just don't take crew meal. But there are always exception to the rule of course. For the longest time, I have this adverse idea of consuming crew meal. Until one day I suddenly came to my senses and asked myself : Who the hell am I kidding??? Why do I even subject myself to such misery?

Like, as long as the food is yummy and both guys are hungry, why the hell not? After all I am sleeping with the guy - not his job. I guess the best policy is still the don't ask don't tell especially when you are getting into his pants for the very first time. Coz really, sometimes too much information could be a deal-breaker.

There was once I hooked up with this guy whom I found vaguely familiar. Only months later that I finally figured it out - he was on the same flight with me! What a total shocker. Thank god it was just a Jakarta turn - too short, too rush of a flight for me to be properly freaked out.

Edited by flexflexflex

• 2 weeks later...

Times are bad and I reckon this ain't the time to be a crew. Heard from someone in the know that while the workload remains status quo, the meal allowance has been greatly cut (SQ322).

Aww, snap!!! The audacity!! Does this also mean that the service standard will slip in relative tandem? Oh wait, that has already happened, like long time ago.

Guest -Guest89756-

A bit off-topic: Being a pilot would be a better option, but I don't think I can sustain the pressure, too bad.

Anyway, I happened to know an AJ who was once a cabin crew, now switching to investment and banking.

IMHO, being a cabin crew might not help in your career (unless you want to take it for a long time), but is for sure a good experience.

A bit off-topic: Being a pilot would be a better option, but I don't think I can sustain the pressure, too bad.

Anyway, I happened to know an AJ who was once a cabin crew, now switching to investment and banking.

IMHO, being a cabin crew might not help in your career (unless you want to take it for a long time), but is for sure a good experience.

This is going to sound so cliche, but seriously time flies when you fly. Like, both literally AND figuratively. And I am with you on this one.

Unless you are in it for the long-haul and intend to be a CS or IFS, you gotta have some sort of a gameplan I reckon. Coz seriously, it's soooo damn easy to get lost in the lifestyle especially if you don't have any self-discipline and never exercise self-restraint.

I can't agree more with you on the above. when I first got in, I knew it was only meant to see the world and earn reasonably big bucks compared to my ground job previously. As we were bonded for 2 years (or 18 months, cannot really recall), I told myself I'll stay on for the bond period and get grounded after.

But as you get into the job and becomes more comfortable as it is a routine anyway, you tend to get complacent. Which was what happened to me. Times flies (pun intended) and it was already going into my third year. At the back of my mind, I knew I need to leave soon but I just kept only flying, flight after flight, cities to cities. By the time I actually left SQ, it was exactly a year later after my bond.

Having said that, did I regret flying? Not at all. Would I want to do it again? Definitely not. But was it worth my three years as a trolley dolly? Fuck yeah man! So for those who wishes to fly, I say go for it! When I join in 2007, it was really hard to get in and although my parents were against the idea of their son becoming a flying waiter, they did not stop me either. Of course they weren't too thrilled to learn I got in on my first try and all I said was "god planned this!"

In summary, if you harbour hopes of flying, go for it! Don't wait till you're too old and think back and regret you didn't at least attempt it. BUT, please be clear on what you want to do before you fly. Be sure and plan your career path ahead.

And to those who are saying the hiring rate for guys is only 3%, you may need to get yourself updated. hehe.. in fact, I'm not sure if its bad or good but they are in dire need of crew since the past 2 years and it is an 'open secret' that it is much easier to get in now. if you've been rejected before, now's the time to have another shot and if I may add, even for those ugly ones.

Good luck!

Guest guest

no wonder la! recently been flying quite a bit for work and all I see were ugly girls and the guys were so sister! even the one in red tie! I think sia should make the recruitment tougher so that not just any tan ah kow or tan ah lien can enter. standard so disappointing, from the face right to the service!

Guest Guest

recently or maybe since last year u might have seen cabin crew not really performing cos i heard SIA has been giving them shit, their morales have been badly affected, allowances cut (lower pay), shorter stay overseas, downgrade to 4 star hotels etc.

Walk in interviews will be conducted in person on FRiday 19th April 2013 from 9am to 4.30pm at the following address; 

Regent Hotel 
1 Cuscaden Road 
Singapore 

Minimum requirements are: 
� Singapore national or Permanent resident 
� GCE O Level and above 
� Able to swim at least 50 metres non stop and tread water 
� Proficiency in written and spoken English language 
� Japanese speakers sought for Australian-Japan services 
� Valid passport with at least 24 months validity (photocopy required) 
� Personal e-mail address 

The following original documents (and one photocopy of each) must be presented at the time of the application: 
� Identification card 
� Passport 
� Highest level of educational qualification 
� One recent photo 

Candidates must be available for a 2nd round of interview on 20th April if successful, including a swim test. 

Good Luck everyone!

tumblr_ml7jw7V37B1qkremvo1_500.gif

tumblr_lqnl37K9su1qdhg8xo1_400.gif

浜崎あゆみ - 福冈市

Guest Raiden Alpha

What is the allure of being a cabin crew? Please enlighten me. I always thought it is a flimsy career that only last as long as your youth hold up...

Guest kerbaya

recently or maybe since last year u might have seen cabin crew not really performing cos i heard SIA has been giving them shit, their morales have been badly affected, allowances cut (lower pay), shorter stay overseas, downgrade to 4 star hotels etc.

you give peanuts**, therefore, you get monkeys.

**(not the amount which T.T. Durai had received)

What is the allure of being a cabin crew? Please enlighten me. I always thought it is a flimsy career that only last as long as your youth hold up...

This job is very simple!  Just wear on a mask and serve.....Work one day rest one day kind of work or sometimes work 3 days rest 2 days...haha

浜崎あゆみ - 福冈市

Guest Guest

is that the reason why they also look like shit?? hahahahahah

looks are secondary, do looks matter when you met with emergencies? i would prefer someone who is proficient in safety aspects and first aid, know what to do during emergencies and of course good in service.

Guest guest

actually flying on budget airlines as compared to sq is a much easier service. passengers pay so little compared to full fledged airlines and so the expectations are already managed and for those with the typical Singaporean mentality onboard budget airlines, I'll just give them the look and they'll get it!

and FYI, worst kind of passengers to be serving are Singaporeans, India Indians and PRCs, yes, in that particular order!

so when I move from sq to budget, its like heaven! and seriously, you pax can complaint all you want but lets be realistic here, its the price factor that is the main draw. you want service, then fly with sq lor. and if you nasty to us on sq flight, we will still smile but once at galley, we curse your whole family and give you a 'gift' in your meal during meal service.

happy flying!

Guest Guest

land if you nasty to us on sq flight, we will still smile but once at galley, we curse your whole family and give you a 'gift' in your meal during meal service.

:o :o

reminds me of the older days army whereby if the cooks dun like u, they spit into your food before serving you.

actually flying on budget airlines as compared to sq is a much easier service. passengers pay so little compared to full fledged airlines and so the expectations are already managed and for those with the typical Singaporean mentality onboard budget airlines, I'll just give them the look and they'll get it!

and FYI, worst kind of passengers to be serving are Singaporeans, India Indians and PRCs, yes, in that particular order!

so when I move from sq to budget, its like heaven! and seriously, you pax can complaint all you want but lets be realistic here, its the price factor that is the main draw. you want service, then fly with sq lor. and if you nasty to us on sq flight, we will still smile but once at galley, we curse your whole family and give you a 'gift' in your meal during meal service.

happy flying!

Good write up! haha.  Always remember this if u pay peanuts you get monkey in return! lol

浜崎あゆみ - 福冈市

Guest Guest

Are there any specific jobs or industries which allow you to travel quite a bit (biz trip and still hv time to sightsee) and pay relatively well but not as a cabin crew?

Guest Guest

why are some people here against being a cabin crew? is it because its a service job?

though i do not think it should be a lifetime career, i think its perfectly okay to do it for about two years, to travel around and see the world and get paid to do so.

i think the best time to do it for guys is right after NS, even fresh grad out of uni is ok for about 2 years, after all gays do not have to worry as much as straight guys when it comes to age - age to get married, age to start a family, the pressure of having a career before marriage etc.

Guest guest

aiyah ppl against it because majority of them are sour after being rejected for not making the cut mah... but to all these ppl, good news! if you have yet to notice, their standards have dropped terribly liao. so now's your chance to try for sq. ugly and plump gays may apply.

disclaimer: sq still maintain a bit of dignity la so for those old fogeys 30 years and above, your only option is to continue being sour grapes.

aiyah ppl against it because majority of them are sour after being rejected for not making the cut mah... but to all these ppl, good news! if you have yet to notice, their standards have dropped terribly liao. so now's your chance to try for sq. ugly and plump gays may apply.

disclaimer: sq still maintain a bit of dignity la so for those old fogeys 30 years and above, your only option is to continue being sour grapes.

Haha......... try JQ internationa la!!!!  Just need to give half Fxxx Service that's all :)

浜崎あゆみ - 福冈市

Hi guys. I am interested in going for the cabin crew interview as stated above.

Is there any online portal that I need to register first before going for it? Or can I just go there directly?

hey there.. try to go there as early as you can.. they wil check ur documents, transcript. and given a form to fill up. after that u have to wait for short interview, lets say abt 20 mins. you gotta show ur capabilites and motivation during that time. after that they wil tell u that you will get the call in the evening if you are selected for next stage which is on next day.

second days has two parts.. morning wil have a series of games, as i experienced. 10 persons per table.

1. intro urself among your tables, which choice of words is important and avoid negative opinion abt ur previous job or watever so.
2.given a topic to each table, which each table wil spilt into two teams. one side need to agree with the topic while another one will   oppose, u got 3 mins to prepare ur facts. then u will go infront of everyone and present ur facts.
3. given a list of 7 ppl(prime minister, doctor, mother, religious leader, boy scout and a celebrity), life raft can carry only 6 and u have to discard one person, choose one with reason. group assignments. 
5. MCQ about jetstar destination, location on the map, time zone calculation and some $$ simple maths calculation.

apart from above, they are observing hw u participate and give ur idea in every actions.

after that you have to wait outside the hall and wait for another round of shortlist.
average 6-7 persons from each table got into third round, but luckily 8 from my table and i was the last name to be called from my table. 

after the shortlist announce, u got 1 hr to settle the lunch.. came back and sit in the presentation for pay structure, working conditions, HR blur blur and Q&A.
then the serious test came. which they have about 10 questions which u need to answer each with facts, hw u will handle the situations, why you r suitable for this job and so on...  this take abt 1 hr... 

when everyone is grilled, they wil ask you do the swim test of 50m without stoppage. 

then after exactly, i got the calls. but getting the call doesnt mean u will join the training immediately, since each batch training have limited seat. so yea.. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Am contemplating should I try out the walk in interview anot. Already am 25. Can flying as a crew be a life long career?

what qualification do u have? dun join lah, not worth it now. they are cutting pay and a whole lot of benefits.

Guest been there done that

I disagree. go and just give it a shot while you're still in your prime. you don't want to regret not trying when you've past your prime.

Not so easy to meet those stewards socially. One thing is - they like to play with other airline staff - guys from other airlines, different nationalities. They all know each other and have a shared understanding of the airline lifestyle.

Remember too - airline people stay at their own regular hotels when they have a stopover somewhere.

Once, in Dubai I was staying at the same hotel as some stewards. After a chat with a nice Asian guy one morning, he agreed to come to my room late that afternoon. He arrived as arranged. We had a very good time for a couple of hours, but then he seemed a bit tired and I asked him why. (It was only about 9 pm.) Then he told me he and a 5 or 6 other airline guys had a wild party for the whole afternoon in one of their hotel rooms. He said: 'We had a lot of fun and frankly, I'm exhausted.'

There were two arab stewards in the group and he told me: 'You know, they are crazy for Asian men.' I smiled and asked no further questions. :)

Guest adele

READ on the internet, that senior Qantas air crew like inflight manager can make AUD $60k to $80k a year including all the allowances , profit sharing, company bonus and super annuation contributions ( their version of CPF ) after flying for about 5-7 years.

Take home pay after taxes is around $48k to $52 k net convert to SGD $ (1 Aussie doolar exchanges to S$1.25 )   is about  $60k to $65K a year.

This  works out to $5500 a   month after taxes and deducting all others.

Do Jetstar local based crew make even half of that or even less  40% of that amount.

Any body can give , roughly the pay expected for Jetstar versus SQ air crew after deducting taxes.

Guest Guest

READ on the internet, that senior Qantas air crew like inflight manager can make AUD $60k to $80k a year including all the allowances , profit sharing, company bonus and super annuation contributions ( their version of CPF ) after flying for about 5-7 years.

Take home pay after taxes is around $48k to $52 k net convert to SGD $ (1 Aussie doolar exchanges to S$1.25 )   is about  $60k to $65K a year.

This  works out to $5500 a   month after taxes and deducting all others.

Do Jetstar local based crew make even half of that or even less  40% of that amount.

Any body can give , roughly the pay expected for Jetstar versus SQ air crew after deducting taxes.

why compare jetstar to SQ? SQ crew definitely make much more.

senior SQ crew (leading and above) can earn about 10k and above SGD a month. but promotion not so fast like qantas, but are u sure qantas crew can promote to inflight manager in only 5 to 7 years?

Guest Guest

I don't think even an SQ IFS earns more than $7K a month. Now more than ever...

u dun think or u dun know? even a normal steward can earn nearly $6k in a good month, though not often.

Guest Pam Ann

Jetstar accused of exploiting cabin crew

Jetstar airlines has been accused of exploiting cabin crew and demanding they work 20-hour shifts, compromising cabin safety.

Current and former crew members of the Qantas-owned budget airline say the practice leaves them extremely fatigued.

Jetstar's afternoon flight from Sydney to Bali is a popular service for those escaping the southern Australian winter.

But for one former Jetstar flight attendant who wishes to be called James, the flight is no trip to paradise.

"You start at four in the afternoon and you finish back in Sydney at seven the next morning," he told Lateline.

"It was horrible. I felt like a slave.

"I've had a couple of times where I've had a delay on the Bali flight and that 14-, 15-hour shift would turn into a 19-hour, 20-hour shift."

Captain Richard Woodward, from the Australian and International Pilots Association, says cabin crew do not have the same industrial agreements as pilots.

"The cabin crew are suffering very badly because they don't have a regulated limit on how many hours they can do, particularly foreign crews, and so they are working maximum hours," he said.

"For instance, they are doing Sydney to Bali and back. That's about a 17-hour night - that's very, very fatiguing.

"The pilots fortunately have an industrial agreement."

The practice of making the Jetstar crews fly return shifts, rather than staying overnight like pilots, was raised by independent Senator Nick Xenophon in the Senate inquiry into airline safety earlier this year.

"When cabin crew tell me if there is an emergency they do not think they would be able to cope at the end of a 17- or 18- or 20-hour shift, then it really gives you cause for concern," he said at the time.

And concerns about fatigue are not confined to Jetstar's international flights.

Lateline has obtained over 60 incident reports that show that at least 37 crew members have filed complaints this year to Jetstar management about fatigue and exhaustion after flying the Sydney to Perth and Sydney to Darwin routes.

They have also raised serious concerns about the cabin crews' ability to deal with emergencies.

"I believe that if there was an emergency situation, crew would not be alert enough to respond accordingly," one flight attendant said.

"It is unsafe and I am concerned that it will only be when something unfortunate happens, that something will be done about this," another flight attendant said.

Flight attendants are also worried about their own safety after doing shifts that cross from day into night into morning.

"Driving home after this duty is extremely dangerous and I have found myself almost falling asleep at the wheel," one cabin crew member said.

Foreign crews under strain

And while Jetstar is pushing its Australian-based crews hard, it is the foreign-based crews who are under the most strain.

A third of Jetstar's staff are employed overseas. Their Bangkok cabin crew are employed by a company called Tour East Thailand.

Lateline has obtained a copy of the employment contract for the Thai-based cabin crews.

I believe that if there was an emergency situation, crew would not be alert enough to respond accordingly

Flight attendant

It states that crew can work shifts up to 20 hours long.

But one line in the contract reads: "The Planned Limit and Operational Extensions may be extended by the Employer."

That means in effect there are no limits to the hours they can be forced to work.

This clause is not in any contracts for Jetstar's Australian-based crews.

"Not only is a clause like that unconscionable; it just seems incredibly unsafe," Senator Xenophon said.

"How will a crew be able to cope with an emergency if they've been required to work in excess of 20 hours in just one shift? It's something that doesn't apply to Australian cabin crew for good reason and it shouldn't apply to foreign-based cabin crew who are doing work here in Australia."

Jetstar declined to be interviewed by Lateline, but in a statement said there were clear limitations on hours.

"Jetstar has clearly established duty limitations that are consistently applied regardless of where our cabin crew are based," the statement said.

"Safety is our number one priority and we have an open culture of reporting issues.

"If a member of our crew is too fatigued, then they should not operate the flight, and we communicate this openly."

Threatened with the sack

Jetstar's Thai-based flight attendants get paid a base wage of $258 a month. Each hour they fly they get another $7 an hour plus allowances.

They do not get paid for sick leave, and have half the annual leave of their Australian colleagues.

While on annual leave they get paid less than normal; that $7 an hour on top of their base wage becomes just $9 a day.

Annika, as she has asked to be called, says foreign-based cabin crew are under immense pressure.

"Asian-based crew aren't unionised and they are constantly threatened with the non-renewal of their contracts should they speak out about anything to do with their jobs," she said.

And there is an extraordinary financial disincentive not to speak out.

If Thai-based crew quit their jobs early or are sacked, they can be forced to pay back up to four-and-a-half months of their base wage.

"Some of our international cabin crew are required to pay a bond as a compensation for investment in training, if a cabin crew member leaves within two years of employment," Jetstar said in a statement.

"This is a locally based arrangement that reflects the local market conditions."

'Mean and tricky'

It's a pretty mean and tricky set of operations and Qantas really needs to come clean on this

Senator Nick Xenophon

On April 22, five Thai-based crew - exhausted from a series of international and domestic flights - pulled out of a flight from Sydney to Melbourne, complaining of fatigue.

They were concerned they would not be able to deal with an emergency situation should it arise.

In response they got this letter from their employer Tour East Thailand threatening them with the sack.

"Whilst illness, etc is accepted by your employer, poor time management is not.... TET requires from you an undertaking that you will not repeat these behaviours in the workplace," the letter said.

The letter castigated the crew members for causing damage to the reputation of their employer.

But Tour East Thailand is unlikely to lose its contract with Jetstar; Qantas owns 37 per cent of Tour East Thailand.

"On the face of it, it seems that the Bangkok-based crew are being looked after by an independent contractor at arm's length from Qantas, when in fact Qantas has an iron grip on this company," Senator Xenophon said.

"It's a pretty mean and tricky set of operations and Qantas really needs to come clean on this."

Jetstar cabin crew fear more and more flight attendants will be hired under this model: foreign-based, subcontracted, with lower wages and poorer conditions.

"It's all about the money. It's about making as much money as they can," Annika said.

"We're constantly cutting corners and pushing the crew as that's the only the area where we can save."

Topics: air-transport, business-economics-and-finance, industry, law-crime-and-justice, health, occupational-health-and-safety, travel-health-and-safety, australia

First posted Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:37pm AEST

EXCERPT FROM:  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-27/jetstar-accused-of-exploiting-cabin-crew/2813208

Guest time

I don't think even an SQ IFS earns more than $7K a month. Now more than ever...

The amount of salary below is before tax  In OZ is about 32.5 % plus GST is 10%

Occupation

Australia

AUD$

Canada

CAD$

New Zealand

NZ$

Accountant

60,100 - 92,100

50,900 - 77,600

69,500 - 107,500

Airplane Flight Attendant

46,300 - 80,000

19,700 - 38,200

53,400 - 94,680

Architect

60,100 - 111,700

36,300 - 69,500

75,000 - 141,700

INFO from : http://moving-to-australia.info/information-on-salary-australia/

http://www.gadling.com/2010/08/31/galley-gossip-how-much-do-flight-attendants-make/

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/3446466/

Hi everyone

I was casually speaking to a Qantas flight attendant last week and he said that his annual salary with allowances all in worked out to about A$80 000 a year. Can anyone verify this? If it is I think everyone should apply to QF!

How many years is he flying for QF, what is his position (Purser, F/A etc), what's his schedule like etc etc?

newtestline.jpg

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and ther

user_offline.gifDocPepz sg.gif From Singapore, joined May 2001, 1938 posts, RR: 3

Reply 2, posted Fri Jun 8 2007 05:29:15 your local time (5 years 11 months 2 weeks 5 days 15 hours ago) and read 60724 times:   newtestline.jpg Been flying for 3 years, works in J, not too sure about position

user_offline.gifEK413 au.gif From Australia, joined Nov 2003, 3898 posts, RR: 4

Reply 3, posted Fri Jun 8 2007 07:14:22 your local time (5 years 11 months 2 weeks 5 days 14 hours ago) and read 60519 times:   newtestline.jpg Quoting DocPepz (Thread starter):

Hi everyone

I was casually speaking to a Qantas flight attendant last week and he said that his annual salary with allowances all in worked out to about A$80 000 a year. Can anyone verify this? If it is I think everyone should apply to QF!

It's possible if he/she is a CSM (Clients Service Manager)...

EK413

newtestline.jpg

Hello Tomorrow... Where will tomorrow take you?

user_offline.gifFlyingroo au.gif From Australia, joined Feb 2007, 26 posts, RR: 0

Reply 4, posted Fri Jun 8 2007 07:14:31 your local time (5 years 11 months 2 weeks 5 days 14 hours ago) and read 60519 times:   newtestline.jpg "Base Salary" of an Australian flight attendant is somewhere between $40-$50K. Travel related allowances would be around $15-18K, so that's already $68K, taking the upper end of estimates. So not sure what the F/A also factored into his package but it could include:

- employer superannuation contributions

- value of any distributions from QPS (Qantas Profitsharing Scheme)

- value of any discounted travel received

But even adding all those up $80K does seem a little high although not inconceivable if the F/A did a little rounding up.

cheeky.gif 

user_offline.gifSkystar au.gif From Australia, joined Jan 2000, 1363 posts, RR: 3

Reply 5, posted Fri Jun 8 2007 07:32:27 your local time (5 years 11 months 2 weeks 5 days 13 hours ago) and read 60469 times:   newtestline.jpg During the SAS strike, Danish SAS flight attendants were reported as having monthly incomes of about DKK 50,000 per month, or about AUD 130,000 per year!

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/resor/story/0,2789,771578,00.html

This is in line with what I've been reading in aviation management books - SK's cabin crew are the highest paid in the world!

U

Guest guest

why compare jetstar to SQ? SQ crew definitely make much more.

senior SQ crew (leading and above) can earn about 10k and above SGD a month. but promotion not so fast like qantas, but are u sure qantas crew can promote to inflight manager in only 5 to 7 years?

eh... don't talk cock le! they have never earn more than 10k a month, so either your sources are blatantly lying to you or you're just making it up!

FYI, the stewards and stewardesses usually earns on average 4.5k to 5k a month and if you have two or even three long flights, maybe can hit 6k or slightly more. for those leading crew, inflight allowance and basic pay more but meal allowance still the same.. so slightly more although most times they earn slightly lesser than the junior crew. chief can earn about 6k and ifs about 7k. it's usually those old birds (ifs only) who may earn more than 8k or even more and that is after they stay with the company for 20 over years!

anyway, if you want to fly and earn more, please do it with sq, don't go budget la. unless you cmi la. I know a few fuglies and shorties in jetstar, although it is not to insinuate that sq crew all gorgeous and all. you do get your fair share of fuglies and especially now when even the senior crew are lamenting on the quality of the newbies.

whatever it is, if you feel you fit the bill, go for the sq one.

How true now more than ever before... :)

eh... don't talk cock le! they have never earn more than 10k a month, so either your sources are blatantly lying to you or you're just making it up!

FYI, the stewards and stewardesses usually earns on average 4.5k to 5k a month and if you have two or even three long flights, maybe can hit 6k or slightly more. for those leading crew, inflight allowance and basic pay more but meal allowance still the same.. so slightly more although most times they earn slightly lesser than the junior crew. chief can earn about 6k and ifs about 7k. it's usually those old birds (ifs only) who may earn more than 8k or even more and that is after they stay with the company for 20 over years!

anyway, if you want to fly and earn more, please do it with sq, don't go budget la. unless you cmi la. I know a few fuglies and shorties in jetstar, although it is not to insinuate that sq crew all gorgeous and all. you do get your fair share of fuglies and especially now when even the senior crew are lamenting on the quality of the newbies.

Guest quueet

How true now more than ever before... :)

What happen here. did you forget to comment, half hanging hahahah post

• G_M changed the title to Cabin Crew / Flight Attendant Discussion (Singapore Based) - SIA, British Airway, Jetstar, etc (Compiled)
  • G_M locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.