Male HQ

Pm Say We Can Afford Six Million Population In Sg

Guest GUEST

Guest tight underwear

If you are sardine fish - where would you prefer? In the sea or can. Those who think a can packed envionment is conducive for living ain't that sane no matter how they tried to justify it. Comparing ourselves with HK is like comparing a kite with a bird. HK has more freedom and welfare than Singapore to start with....

HK has always been crowded since the 70s. HK people are used to it, live amongst it, prosper in it. Not exactly happy with the mainlanders esp latelly, but they can bare with it. But HK people are comparatively more shrewd in politics, they know how to supervise their leaders in policies; get close to Central Gov but not too close.

Spore is getting crowded; this is progressively happening these few years. Sporeans are not getting used to the crowdedness and the vibrancy that comes with it. After GE2011, Sporeans become emboldened, try to voice up (but many still cannot verbalise properly); and unfortunately many whom are very vocal do not sound very intellectual. As a politically mature people, Spore has some way to go.

I travel extensively and admire what Spore has done and is doing. We can always dredge up the many complaints but here is my take:

- The skyline of HDB is changing. New blocks are 40, 50 and higher stories. Private condos will follow suit. Landed terraces will be out-of-fashion.

- Landscaping, foodcourts, transportation, etc. continue to improve

- Many more services (health, IT, etc.) being planned that are not announced yet.

Yes, I believe that if the population increases, Spore will have the planning to accomodate that. There will be hiccups and Ministers have to be taken to tasks but the country will cope.

it take many years more to have six million ppl in SG,by than most of BW members would be semi retired or full time retired some even dun seee the world any more. this problem concern more to the new generation,where work,play and transportation to work. dun think the gov will import the elderly from other country to squeeze with us at the old folk home?

I travel extensively and admire what Spore has done and is doing. We can always dredge up the many complaints but here is my take:

- The skyline of HDB is changing. New blocks are 40, 50 and higher stories. Private condos will follow suit. Landed terraces will be out-of-fashion.

- Many more services (health, IT, etc.) being planned that are not announced yet.

Yes, I believe that if the population increases, Spore will have the planning to accomodate that. There will be hiccups and Ministers have to be taken to tasks but the country will cope.

High-rise buildings don't exactly augur well with me, as they always translate into higher population density within an area space. Add to that cramped eating places and increased noise pollution. Like I haven't suffocated enough already.

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Foreigners who complaint about our cramp eating houses, noise pollution etc can always go back to their country if they wish to. As far as I know, eating houses are almost always abuzz with people since forever ESP during peak lunch time hour. Noise pollution is bearable of vos if u chose to stay next to mrt track Or bus interchanges Ot expressway, who can u blame?

A few days ago you said this ....

6m won't happen overnight. Look at Japan. It suffered from stagnant population growth n it's economy shrunk. Japan was a powerhouse buying America 20yeats ago. Now, america grew by leaps while Japan stayed the same for 10 years. Now it's losing it's influence n it's economy is crawling. We will be worst than Japan if similar situation happens here as our population can't feed our economy n our expectations. I hope the givt will tackle housing b transport before it reaches 6 m.

Today you said this ...

Foreigners who complaint about our cramp eating houses, noise pollution etc can always go back to their country if they wish to. As far as I know, eating houses are almost always abuzz with people since forever ESP during peak lunch time hour. Noise pollution is bearable of vos if u chose to stay next to mrt track Or bus interchanges Ot expressway, who can u blame?

So if we bring in all those foreigners who "complaint about our cramp eating houses, noise pollution etc" and you want them to "go back to their country if they wish to", then how ah ....? Will we suffer from "stagnant population growth"? When people tell you Sinagporeans want foreigners to do the low level work, but wants the higher value work for ourselves, you say they "cannot make up their mind". So can you "make up your own mind now"? LOL!

Population in all societies must increase. If the population decreases, the consequence is severe. Don't forget abt the aged will will drastically increase in 20 years. If the population stays stagnant n % of aged increases significantly, don't even think anyone can compete for jobs as there will be few. Don't forget that we are Singapore, not Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia or Philippines. We don't have land, or grow anything. Once we lose the edge of being no1 in ASEAN, we are doomed. It's very ez for any company to move 50km to Malaysia.

Oh! So if foreigners don't like it here, they can go back now? But like what you say "population decreases... the consequence is severe ..... the aged will will drastically increase in 20 years..... don't even think anyone can compete for jobs as there will be few.....once we lose the edge of being no1 in ASEAN, we are doomed", so HOW....??????

Why should foreigners be asked to go back only if they don't like it here? Why can't we get those foreign trash to head home if WE DON'T LIKE THEM HERE?

U shd try to comprehend better n learn to read. Where did I say foreigner be ASKED to go home of they don't like it here? There is a difference u know?

OK, so why should foreigners be asked to go back only if they don't like it here? Why can't we get those foreign trash to head home if WE DON'T LIKE THEM HERE? Happier now?

i think what Singaporeans dun wan is for us to become a Dubai or Abu Dhabi! look at them 90% foreigners? come on!

we are now only 60% of our population, but already everytime i go onto the train, i hear the filipino language or chinese accents! It is not they are not welcomed, rather there are jus too many of them and so many of them refuse to assimilate into our culture. I was at value shop in Toa payoh center, since most of staffs are pinoy, they were communicating to each other in filipino. i was like WTF.

it is obvious that we need immigration for the country to grow, but seriously, how long did we take to grow from 3 million to 5.2 million? is there a need for us to grow THAT fast? how can the PM expect these FT to fit in so fast? how can he expect us to fit these FT in that fast?

We are now only 60% of our population. How many % of 60% are true Singaporean. example: I am Singapore citizen but i born in malaysia. Am I a foreigner ? All my money is in Malaysia. I earn in Singapore and use it in Malaysia. This is same applied to all foreigner in Singapore. They are here to earn money and who care about courtesy. If Singaporean cannot speak foreign language, you are out from the group. To me, true Singaporean is the foreigner in Singapore. There is no place for you except in HDB. Botanic garden is belong to filipino. Jobs for non-true Singapore.

They forget one thing - internet. There are many consultant firms setup in Johor and they are providing consultancy service in Singapore. I met one of the consultant and he told me that he earn big money from Singapore and enjoy cheap petrol, cheap food, big car and big house in Johor. He do not need to pay ERP. Totally 100% take money from Singapore and spend 0% in Singapore. If the MRT link to Johor, we will have more 6M in the trains !!!.

6m won't happen overnight. Look at Japan. It suffered from stagnant population growth n it's economy shrunk. Japan was a powerhouse buying America 20yeats ago. Now, america grew by leaps while Japan stayed the same for 10 years. Now it's losing it's influence n it's economy is crawling. We will be worst than Japan if similar situation happens here as our population can't feed our economy n our expectations. I hope the givt will tackle housing b transport before it reaches 6 m.

You want more of such people to come in as part of the 6 million?? Don't go around promoting the increase of population just because some people say so!

http://motoring.asia...926-373787.html

Kicked and punched after asking for fare

SINGAPORE - His vision was blurred from the blood flowing from his eyes.

Lying on the ground, the taxi driver had lost his bearings and didn't know where he was.

He had been attacked, allegedly by a passenger, and was unable to drive to get help.

So he did the only thing he could.

He sent out an SOS to his fellow drivers, some of whom were from rival cab companies, and they rushed to the scene to help their fallen comrade.

Around 1.30am last Wednesday, Mr Gui Hwee Meng, 58, picked up three Caucasian passengers - a couple and another man - at Marina Bay Sands.

When The New Paper spoke to Mr Gui on Monday, he said the passengers had smelled of alcohol and were "a little high".

Mr Gui, who has been driving an SMRT Prestige Chrysler taxi for more than two years, said the couple alighted at Grand Hyatt Singapore.

The remaining passenger wanted to go to Newton Road. Mr Gui, a cabby of 12 years, said that when he drove along Orchard Road, the passenger got angry and scolded him for using a longer route.

He claimed the passenger, who was seated behind, knocked him on the back of his head and demanded: "Why didn't you turn?"

When they reached Gilstead Road just before 2am, the man alighted without paying the fare after being told that the taxi did not have a Nets machine.

Mr Gui said he went after the man, who asked him how much the fare was.

He added: "I told him it was $22.30, and he paid me in cash. But when I bent down to pick up my phone (that had dropped out of his pocket), he kicked me in the face."

He claimed his spectacles flew off and his bluetooth device, which had been hooked to his shirt, was also lost.

He alleged that the man hit his head twice after he fell and was left in a daze after the attack. The man then ran into a condominium nearby.

I understand that incidents like these will undoubtedly raise anti-foreign sentiments here, but I do believe that Singaporeans will have enough sensibility and maturity to realize that there are also many of us foreigners here who endeavor to make productive and positive contributions to the local culture and economy.

I can only hope that within the face of rising xenophobia, when people encounter me in real life, they would be willing to give me a chance to prove my worth as an asset or someone worthy of their mutual respect rather than being instinctually antagonized by my foreign status.

There are people like that abv "guest" who want to close sg to the outside world. That guy is basically anti every foreigner, from the guy who sweep our void decks to nurses who has to clean our backsides, to co structuring workers who build our houses, to professionals. This Guest is trying very hard to add his brand of "filth" by highlighting incidents abv like its done by the majority of foreigners. That guest targets me as he thinks I am a "hardcore"pap supporter which I am not, I am more pro Singapore than pro party. This Guest I bet u sign in under multiple nicks creating the impression that many are agreeing with him. Compare his responds with those with real concerns( mostly registered).

We sure have a slithering snake on this forum, don't we? First, he made a Doomsday prediction such as those below if Singapore don't bring in foreigners ...

Population in all societies must increase. If the population decreases, the consequence is severe.... Once we lose the edge of being no1 in ASEAN, we are doomed.

as well as.....

Look at Japan. It suffered from stagnant population growth n it's economy shrunk. Japan was a powerhouse buying America 20yeats ago. Now, america grew by leaps while Japan stayed the same for 10 years. Now it's losing it's influence n it's economy is crawling. We will be worst than Japan if similar situation happens here as our population can't feed our economy n our expectations.

But when faced with reports of what kind of foreign trash are in Singapore, he actually tried turning the tables around and started throwing false accusations out like those below,

There are people like that abv "guest" who want to close sg to the outside world.

And even went as far as to accuse "Guest" of the following

That guy is basically anti every foreigner, from the guy who sweep our void decks to nurses who has to clean our backsides, to co structuring workers who build our houses, to professionals.

And that is even after "Guest" has had stated his stand so clearly below

We do need foreign workers to do jobs that we do not want, such as those involving cleaning floors etc. Nobody "took away" those jobs when we willingly gave them up. We need foreign workers to do those lower level jobs just so that Singaporeans can be freed up to do the better paying jobs. You really should look into the offices and see how many foreign "talents" (or rather, trash) are sitting inside the office space instead of us Singaporeans.

Yes, we want foreigners to set up offices in Sg. I don't expect them to employ ONLY locals, but I do expect them to employ a MAJORITY, eg 80%, locals.

And this slithering snake can actually says he don't lie???

lol, flame me in the flaming room pla, at least I dOnt lie.

ROFLMAO!!!!

Your obsession with me looks very unhealthy, I am just a regular guy not a politician. You really think I can influence that many people is it? If u say I am a snake, a cow, a monkey, a snail, a dog, an ant, a rat, a panda, these are all nature"s wonderful creations, so I am ok with it. Once again flame me in the flaming room as this thread is started not for me but for pm n his comments .

Your obsession with me looks very unhealthy, I am just a regular guy not a politician. You really think I can influence that many people is it? If u say I am a snake, a cow, a monkey, a snail, a dog, an ant, a rat, a panda, these are all nature"s wonderful creations, so I am ok with it. Once again flame me in the flaming room as this thread is started not for me but for pm n his comments .

What makes you believe that "Guest" is obsessed with you? If you had made so many enemies on this one forum alone,

(1) to the extent that you believe all who posted as "Guest" are one and the same person instead of different people,

(2) and also to the extent that you believe that the same person is logging in with multiple names,

(3) and even have a thread dedicated to flaming you online,

then perhaps you should start wondering if you have some kind of personality flaw that makes everyone hate you.

Anyway, back to the discussion, based on some of gstc82's posts, I think he is a pro-economy, pro-growth kind of a person. And his view points are towards bringing in foreigners to support that stand. To a certain extent, the strategy of bringing in foreigners to help drive the engine of growth of Spore has been successful for decades.

Moving forward, whether this strategy continues to work or not, remains open for discussion.

What Sporeans should be aware of, is that the rising of the Indonesians and Phillipinos (note their growth in the recent years). A susbtantial part of Spore's businesses are being fed by our neighbours (esp Indon).

If we play our cards wrongly, there can be a day that even when we open our doors, no one may want to come in.

Anyway, back to the discussion, based on some of gstc82's posts, I think he is a pro-economy, pro-growth kind of a person. And his view points are towards bringing in foreigners to support that stand. To a certain extent, the strategy of bringing in foreigners to help drive the engine of growth of Spore has been successful for decades.

Moving forward, whether this strategy continues to work or not, remains open for discussion.

What Sporeans should be aware of, is that the rising of the Indonesians and Phillipinos (note their growth in the recent years). A susbtantial part of Spore's businesses are being fed by our neighbours (esp Indon).

If we play our cards wrongly, there can be a day that even when we open our doors, no one may want to come in.

Pro-economy, pro-growth but definitely not pro-citizens.

As to your statement on the strategy of us bringing in foreigners to help drive the engine of Singapore growth for DECADES, are you sure? Just because we have a few hundred/thousands or even hundred of thousands of foreigners in Sg does not imply that they were the engine of our GROWTH. And to rely on 2 million or even THREE million more foreigners for sustainability is deadly short-sighted.

And please try not to paint another one of those doomsday scenario to scare people into believing that this country is going to fall into the shxt hole if we do not bring in more foreign trash. I can paint an equally deadly picture of half the population disappearing in times of war, or half the population selling commercial, governmental, or military intelligence to their own home country even duing peace time, or perhaps half the population selling off Singapore assets to other countries.

If we play our cards wrongly, there can also be a day that we don't even have to fight any wars and we have already lost everything.

Pro-economy, pro-growth but definitely not pro-citizens.

As to your statement on the strategy of us bringing in foreigners to help drive the engine of Singapore growth for DECADES, are you sure? Just because we have a few hundred/thousands or even hundred of thousands of foreigners in Sg does not imply that they were the engine of our GROWTH. And to rely on 2 million or even THREE million more foreigners for sustainability is deadly short-sighted.

And please try not to paint another one of those doomsday scenario to scare people into believing that this country is going to fall into the shxt hole if we do not bring in more foreign trash. I can paint an equally deadly picture of half the population disappearing in times of war, or half the population selling commercial, governmental, or military intelligence to their own home country even duing peace time, or perhaps half the population selling off Singapore assets to other countries.

If we play our cards wrongly, there can also be a day that we don't even have to fight any wars and we have already lost everything.

Without foreigners, Singapore will not be what it is today. That's a fact.

As for Singaporeans, there a substantial percentage who are neither talented nor hardworking. Depending on them will not get anyone anywhere.

Without foreigners, Singapore will not be what it is today. That's a fact.

As for Singaporeans, there a substantial percentage who are neither talented nor hardworking. Depending on them will not get anyone anywhere.

Yes, it is a fact that Singapore will not be what it is today without foreigners.

Perhaps the Americans should also tell their children that they will not be where they are today if not for the British, and the Australians should also tell their children they will not be where they are today if not for the jailbirds. Human beings should be thanking the MONKEYS too. If not for the MONKEYS, we will not be where we are today as well. Every country started off relying on external sources one way or another. How far back into history do we need to look to thank others? Just becasue we relied on them decades and decades ago, doesn't mean that we are obliged to pay tribute to them for the rest of our lives.

And yes, some Singaporeans may not be up to par on their competencies. But what makes you so sure that ALL foreigners are so good? And take a look at the news paper report lsited above: http://motoring.asia...926-373787.html Do you see all Singaporeans behaving this way? Why should we even allow for ONE such foreigners on our land?

Guest Guest25

Yes, it is a fact that Singapore will not be what it is today without foreigners.

Perhaps the Americans should also tell their children that they will not be where they are today if not for the British, and the Australians should also tell their children they will not be where they are today if not for the jailbirds. Human beings should be thanking the MONKEYS too. If not for the MONKEYS, we will not be where we are today as well. Every country started off relying on external sources one way or another. How far back into history do we need to look to thank others? Just becasue we relied on them decades and decades ago, doesn't mean that we are obliged to pay tribute to them for the rest of our lives.

And yes, some Singaporeans may not be up to par on their competencies. But what makes you so sure that ALL foreigners are so good? And take a look at the news paper report lsited above: http://motoring.asia...926-373787.html Do you see all Singaporeans behaving this way? Why should we even allow for ONE such foreigners on our land?

Dun be silly and self-righteous, if Sporeans continue to be NIMBY, soon many businesses will be absorbed by neighbouring Iskandar or any countries.

Must it be a situation where it's all or nothing? Are all Singaporeans good n all foreigners bad? Take nurses as an example, do u think the young generation Singaporeans are willing to be nurses? Yes there are some who will be, but is it enough? Nurses has to do lots of "dirty" work like bathing patients, wipe backsides, trim pubic hairs etc, not many locals will be nurses even if u dramatic give a pay raise, what will the situation be if there are not enough nurses? There are lots of other industries where it's labour intensive. What about foreign spouse? Will u deny a Singaporean man the right to dictate who can he marry? Are u honna deny his foreign bride residence in his country cos u are anti foreigners? Like it or not, it's year 2012 not 1980, the world is interconnected, u cut the connectivity, people will go elsewhere. We as a country shd not open the floodgates to everyone but neither shd we shut it completely. Additional 700 or 800k people won't flood here in a short period,

Dun be silly and self-righteous, if Sporeans continue to be NIMBY, soon many businesses will be absorbed by neighbouring Iskandar or any countries.

So for that, we allow in anyone who wants to come here, including that foreign trash who bashed up the taxi driver as mentioned above, the escaped Kiwi and Brit who bashed up the local youngster, and MaChi?

Must it be a situation where it's all or nothing? Are all Singaporeans good n all foreigners bad? ..... Like it or not, it's year 2012 not 1980, the world is interconnected, u cut the connectivity, people will go elsewhere. We as a country shd not open the floodgates to everyone but neither shd we shut it completely. Additional 700 or 800k people won't flood here in a short period,

Nobody made any claims that all flow of foreigners should be closed off. You are the person who went around falsely accusing others of making that claim. And what is your definition of a "short period" to bring in 700 or 800k more people? Between 2011 and 2012, an additional 130k people came here. Within one election cycle of 5 years, we can have 650k people more equivalent to 20% of the Singapore citizens populations. Is that what you call "slow"? Like it or not, whether it is 2012, 1980, or 1960, regardless if the world is interconnected or not, all governments take care of their own citizens FIRST, before they go take care of other people's unwanted trash.

U shd go google on sg"s population stats. Before u shoot off. May I know how do u screen potential people who may commit any crime? If u can, u will be filthy rich. Did u know those idiots who bashed up that cabbie were put on the Interpol list? Do u think they can cont to enjoy life? Did u not read that one of the man came back to sg n have himself up? N of cos we will want the richer people in sg, if not than what? Get regular as u term "trash" u complaint, get rich ones u also complaint, from the examples u made, it shows u want to close the boarders in sg where no foreigners can work and stay in sg thus making us no different than a communist state.

Guest Supporter

I support you! :clap: :thumb: :clap: :thumb: :clap: :thumb:

So for that, we allow in anyone who wants to come here, including that foreign trash who bashed up the taxi driver as mentioned above, the escaped Kiwi and Brit who bashed up the local youngster, and MaChi?

Nobody made any claims that all flow of foreigners should be closed off. You are the person who went around falsely accusing others of making that claim. And what is your definition of a "short period" to bring in 700 or 800k more people? Between 2011 and 2012, an additional 130k people came here. Within one election cycle of 5 years, we can have 650k people more equivalent to 20% of the Singapore citizens populations. Is that what you call "slow"? Like it or not, whether it is 2012, 1980, or 1960, regardless if the world is interconnected or not, all governments take care of their own citizens FIRST, before they go take care of other people's unwanted trash.

U shd go google on sg"s population stats. Before u shoot off. May I know how do u screen potential people who may commit any crime? If u can, u will be filthy rich. Did u know those idiots who bashed up that cabbie were put on the Interpol list? Do u think they can cont to enjoy life? Did u not read that one of the man came back to sg n have himself up? N of cos we will want the richer people in sg, if not than what? Get regular as u term "trash" u complaint, get rich ones u also complaint, from the examples u made, it shows u want to close the boarders in sg where no foreigners can work and stay in sg thus making us no different than a communist state.

Aren't you a stupid idiot or what? You should go google Sg population stats yourself before you start implying that others are wrong. The population statistics was ALL OVER the news recently! Is that how you operate? When forced into a corner, throw whatever arsenal of accusations you have at others? What is this with the same lousy accusation of people asking to close off the borders. LOL! You sure are immature for a 37 year old, aren't you? Your same old songs are getting lame.

You want rich foreign trash? Sure, i hope the next person to be run down by a Ferarri driven by the next MaChi would be you. I guess you will still be happy when you are dying on the streets haemoraging through your nose after being knocked down by a Ferrari. Perhaps you will be even more appreciative of the "rich" foreign trash then. And while the Kiwi surrendered, where is the Brit now? Two people escaped after the bashing, why did only one return? Where is the other one? Enjoying life somewhere like what you had said? In fact, we don't even have to look at the Brit who escaped. Where is the "rich" foreign trash who bashed up the cabbie now? Has he been arrested? I sure hope the next person this "rich" foreign trash will bash up while he is still running loose will be none other than you. You think money is so darned important that we should sacrifice our citizens' lives in the pursuit of it??? You are not just immature, you are outright immoral.

As for your question on how you may screen people who may commit any crime, it only goes to show you never had any prolonged overseas exposure anywhere before. Because if you had, you would have known what screening procedures are already in place in other countries, but are sorely lacking here. I will give you an example: in no other countries will you find a person given a PR status months after being charged for a crime such as bashing up his host country's citizen.... very much how the Kiwi was given his PR status after the incident!! Or perhaps you weren't even aware of such news, as leaked out by the Kiwi's FATHER himself??

Wah dear "guest" I never cursed u, yet u cursed death on me, like what u said before karma. Your reply on screen procedures, what countries u referring to leh, tell us leh. These countries have über high tech screening procedures that it's potential long term foreign residents never ever commit any crime in those countries ever hor.

Singapore has taken in more and more undesirable foreigners but not all foreigners are like that.

The increasing complaints of presence of unruly foreigners in the past few years is proof enough.

Period.

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Wah dear "guest" I never cursed u, yet u cursed death on me, like what u said before karma. Your reply on screen procedures, what countries u referring to leh, tell us leh. These countries have über high tech screening procedures that it's potential long term foreign residents never ever commit any crime in those countries ever hor.

Karma? I looked through the posts, are the one asking for "rich" foreigners to come? Are renegating on what you want now? And please, it is common knowledge how countries such as USA and EC go about approving applicants' visas. Go lift a couple of fingers and find things out for yourself once in a while.

Guest Supporter

Don't waste breath arguing with that piece of shit. Every time I see its nick I simply skip. Just let it bark..... U have my support

Karma? I looked through the posts, are the one asking for "rich" foreigners to come? Are renegating on what you want now? And please, it is common knowledge how countries such as USA and EC go about approving applicants' visas. Go lift a couple of fingers and find things out for yourself once in a while.

Wow, u mentioned USA, you shd read more, how many Millions upon millions are working illegally there? And those who hold valid visa don't commit crime?

LOL! Yup, your posts are getting dumber and dumber. You know why there are millions upon millions of people working in USA ILLEGALLY? It's because they won't get their visas approved even if they tried. Unlike here in Singapore, even trash can come in legally and bash up our citizens. Our visa system is as good as nothing. They might as well just set up some automatic rubber-stamping approval process at the Immigration Office. In the USA, if an ILLEGAL dare do anything wrong, he gets thrown into jail IMMEDIATELY just for being an illegal. Here in Singapore, foreign trash gets into this country "legally", bash our citizens, and still have the luxury of leaving and returning this country multiple times before escaping back home.

-Support-, thanks. I just love seeing that guy make a fool of himself more and more on this forum. LOL!

• Guest locked this topic