Male HQ

Any Vegetarian Here?

curious22

dont mind me asking.

y did u stop after a year?

I have only been one for about few mths but i have not looked back since.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

I do have at least two days in a month for vegan day! Other days will be as and when I like.. So, will love to join the outing! :)

Try ANNALAKSHMI near manpower ministry. They have 2 outlets in SG and 1 in JB.

Concept is pay as your heart feel.....lol

Drinks are free also..

Air con restaurant at havelock road.

I am keen to try their JB outlet and we can arrange for an outing. Good if you know the directions to JB Outlet. Lol

hi all... we have an outing this Thursday for a simple dinner and Vegan Ice Cream at Thomson Road, Brownice Cafe.

We are meeting at Marymount MRT.... if you are interested to join... pls PM me ~~

"Success has nothing to do with what you Gain or Accomplish for Yourself.
It's What You have Done for Others."
"Development of a country has nothing to do with High Economic Growth Rates,

Its about to what extent have Human Life in the country been Enriched."

By Myself ~~~

Do you guys have an experience that your colleague feels or acts negatively of your change to vegetarian diet?

They will ask why. But i dont like to give my full answer cause it may hurt their feelings. I said because i ve made a promise to myself n to cactus lao shi.

I started low profile, bringing my lunch so that i can avoid lunching with them and then no need to explain to them. But is just sometimes i didnt bring lunch, then i have to do the explaining.

How can I manage the situation when we need to go out to eat to celebrate perhaps a birthday celebration or company outing?

Can anyone share your experience with me? Thanks

Do you guys have an experience that your colleague feels or acts negatively of your change to vegetarian diet?

I've been a vegetarian since childhood and the reaction from others is very varied. It also depends on the maturity and open-mindedness of your colleagues/friends.

You should not be too bothered about their "negativity", it usually never persists. After awhile people will take it for granted that you are a vegetarian :)

When they ask why it's bcos quite a few ppl view "full-time" vegetarianism/veganism as an oddity.

You dont have to give them your full reason. Just saying that it's a lifestyle choice should suffice right?

I realise that if you explain your decision to be based on moral grounds like non-violence or respect for all life forms ppl tend to judge you :/

Even though I'm a vegetarian since forever, I find vegans or "Jains" pretty troublesome too haha. 

How can I manage the situation when we need to go out to eat to celebrate perhaps a birthday celebration or company outing?

You seem to be over-thinking this imho. It's pretty similar to how ppl often accommodate some ppl by ordering halal or food without beef etc.

It also depends on how strictly you follow your vegetarian diet. Are you comfortable with ordering "vegetarian-dishes" at non-veg places? You can always dabao veg food and join them? Idk, depends on the venue.

There's always another secret.

Guest Theprince

It ain't easy for one to be a vegetarian in this country.

I am a vegetarian and a recent immigrant to Singapore I don't find any issues......except in food courts but then I have been to them only a couple of times in two years I have been here.

I'm not vegetarian but I do love my vegetables :thumb:  There's a mediterranean vegetarian restaurant called Original Sin at chip bee garden, opposite of holland village that serves very very good dishes. Good thing about it that it does not serve unhealthy processed mock meat, been there a few times myself and i have to say it one of the best place for a vegetarian in SG, and it's got good wines as well. You guys have try it someday! ;) 

https://www.facebook.com/OriginalSinRestaurant

Guest Theprince

I'm not vegetarian but I do love my vegetables :thumb:  There's a mediterranean vegetarian restaurant called Original Sin at chip bee garden, opposite of holland village that serves very very good dishes. Good thing about it that it does not serve unhealthy processed mock meat, been there a few times myself and i have to say it one of the best place for a vegetarian in SG, and it's got good wines as well. You guys have try it someday! ;) 

https://www.facebook.com/OriginalSinRestaurant

I agree. One of the best I have been to am quite a regular there.

Hello!!! Been a vegetarian for 21years for my life even before I wad born cos my parents converted before they had me yeahh... Feel free to pm me if any of u guys r organising makan session,thanks alot!! :D

^_^ 我会好好的等待我的王子出现。。。 :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone tried the 心满圆素食馆at People's Park Centre? They have a weekday buffet for $18.80... not sure how much one can eat of vegetarian dishes!

Not a vegetarian here but my grandma is. So we go around hunting for different vegetarian food so that she can enjoy them. We have tried the above mentioned but alar carte. I would say not bad for some of the dishes. It's under the same management as the Miaoyi at Bukit Timah.

Be cool, like a breeze...

• 1 month later...

I've been a vegetarian by choice for over 4 yrs (Well, I still indulge in drinks...)...

Hope to know more Vegetarian AJ friends here..:P

𝓜𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓼𝓮𝓮𝓴 𝓰𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝓰𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼.

90% vegetarian here. :D

My favourite so far is still cafe nature. They have quite a number of branches. Pretty affordable prices a super widespread menu. Not really into their western though.

i m not a vegetarian, but like vegetarian dishes without the mocked meat.

fortune ctr got quite a num of creative dishes

sufood not bad too

I am a vegetarian and i eat mostly vegetables and i dislike most mock meat, the only mock meat i like is mock mutton made of mushroom legs.

Vegetarian of 10 years here.. not the 100% kind cos i do take garlic & onions but avoid them as much as i could. Fortune centre is indeed a vegetarian paradise.. love the 2nd level shop's vege ba chor mee / Yong tau fu.. herbivores on level 1 very high quality vege jap food though slightly pricy... gets me all hungry thinking about them..

• 2 months later...

Vegetarian foods sometimeis more expensive than non-vege foods

If u want cheap vegetarian food u will have to go to hawker center. I everyday lunch time always go to the same vegetarian stall in bukit merah and i always order brown rice and another 3 items and it cost less than $3. I always like to find vegetarian stall that have large amount of vegetables to eat and avoid most mock meat. Mock meat there seem to be a little expansive than real vegetables but for me who dont like to get fat will avoid those.

If u want cheap vegetarian food u will have to go to hawker center. I everyday lunch time always go to the same vegetarian stall in bukit merah and i always order brown rice and another 3 items and it cost less than $3. I always like to find vegetarian stall that have large amount of vegetables to eat and avoid most mock meat. Mock meat there seem to be a little expansive than real vegetables but for me who dont like to get fat will avoid those.

I like the mock meat mutton one. The taste so good especially in curry :)

I always eat at bedok hawker vege, $2.80 but the portion was not enough for me