Male HQ

Discussion on Facts & Signs of Aging + How to cope with Aging + Aging Gracefully (compiled)

Guest GoldenYears

21 hours ago, Guest OnlyMe said:

Now that I'm alone, I must take good care of my health and not be lazy. That's the only way to survive. 

This is the spirit, to not take our good health for granted and to safe guard it. Health is the ultimate wealth.

The other thing, which is I guess more of a personal view, is that as we age, we should cultivate more simplicity and meaning into our lives..we don't need exciting lives, just simple but meaningful. And part of that is knowing the meaning of our existence, as a sole individual in this world.

someone wise said: "you enter this world alone & you leave this world alone. this cannot be changed, but how you leave, is all up to you"

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest Reality
21 hours ago, Guest OnlyMe said:

I envy those who have a partner at old age.

I was jilted by mine years ago because he went to get married from family pressures.

Now that I'm near 60yo then start looking for a new partner, it's full of pitfalls.

1. Those good ones of my calibre are already taken.

2. Okay, I lowered my expectations but still most are looking for nsa. 

3. I went back to heavy drinking again to drown my sadness. It helps a lot, sometimes  it is good to be less sober and don't be so serious.

4. I realised that I became target for gold diggers looking for sugar daddy. They are usually young guys who say they like uncles. But I'm actually quite poor. They chase after me like bees after honey.

I confess that I fell for one of them. After we were in a relationship for 6 months, he found that I'm really poor and he dumped me.

5. After being dumped twice, I lost faith in chances for a good relationship. I thought I have the good looks and fit body, I could easily get a good guy. Unfortunately, all I attracted are those looking for sex or those looking for sugar daddy.

Now I expend my time and energy on fitness exercises, drinking and other activities. Then I discovered the gay apps and tried my luck. So far, it's all a waste of time. It's all "hi daddy", "what are you looking for?", "can we have sex",.... They waste my time, I waste their time back.

6. I'm not afraid of being old and incapacitated because I'm fit and healthy. My biggest weapon is actually yoga. Many old folks have difficulty walking because their joints are worn out or stiff or arthritic. I too have joint pains and cannot escape the cruelty of old age. But yoga helped me to stretch my joints and pull my muscles to keep them supple and strong. I walk with spring in my steps with confidence. I've never been sick for many many years now. Even when I get a cold, I'll recover without medication. I also take good care of my skin and body. Even 80yo uncle wanted to touch my hand and asked me how I look so young.

Now that I'm alone, I must take good care of my health and not be lazy. That's the only way to survive.  I look at those old men at those HDB void decks, they are also around my age and they sit there idly for the whole day, no wonder they are so old and feeble.

You were dumped twice by guys much younger than you, one even taking you as sugar daddy.  It's not a secret that many mature guys preferred "fresh meat" and many of these younger guys chasing them are gold diggers.  

Have you ever consider finding someone nearer your age?  If you truly accept that, this is where you truly need to lower your expectations.   Not an average looking young punk.  

Guest Teatree
On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 2:15 PM, tomcat said:

Well, for this, exactly what a few people are already saying. Save enough money for assisted living, or really take care of yourself so you are still healthy in 70s and 80s.

However, this is only in a perfect world, because realistically, even if you have partner, he might not be around anymore. Even if you have money, pay for nurse/maid, they might still mistreat you. Elderly home also can get abused, I have seen cases. Even stay with relatives also can get abused, because not everyone has the patience to take care of elderly. 

Best is to take care of yourself now, and gain strength from being alone first. Being alone does not always mean being lonely, guys. And I know plenty of able bodied people (male and female) still active, able to walk around in their 70s. Health really is wealth. If you have financial capability, start looking into life policies, hospital plans. These are the structures you set up yourself, that will take care of you when in worst case scenario, you are alone. 

The worst thing is that you do not want to be alive on a "technicality". Meaning, only technically alive, but hook up to machines, or heavily dependent on meds, or in severe pain, or bed ridden. It's not about being alive or aging, but the QUALITY of the life you are living. And this is something we must nurture and cultivate now, when we are still young and able to.

I am an old soul, I find myself closer to my older friends, grandparents-age. I see them suffer, it really reminds me to try and put into place what measures I can to serve as my own safety net. 

There is nobody you can depend on to take care of you but yourself. Harsh but its the truth..

Agreed fully that health is wealth.  But human is human and has a life span.  You can live beyond 100 but still support is needed especially if you are single and alone.  MONEY can only cover your medical and daily expenses.  Beyond that, I think a network of friends should be nurtured.

7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Aging is only scary if you are strike with some health issue which sometimes beyond your control. Many times even eating healthy and exercise regularly doesn't mean you would not have health issue.

That's a typical fatalistic excuse.

Okay loh, like that hoh we better over-eat and over indulgence, why suffer the pain of exercising ah, enjoy life to the maximum first since we are going to have health issues anyway if we not lucky.

Their best defence is that they know someone who eat healthy, exercise, look fit and healthy and yet die of health issues. That's blatant misuse of anecdotic  statistics of few samples vs what we know generally that applies to most of us. I can easily point out studies involving thousands with carefully collected data that show that many obese people suffer lots of illnesses. He knows it and we ALL know it but he still prefer the fun and comfortable excuses.  Why am I explaining this that's so obvious? Sometimes we cannot take compatibility of intelligence of people for granted. That's why Trump and terrorists are thriving in this world. We forget that these people look and don't see, hear and not listening.

In life we can only try our best. Usually we are rewarded for our efforts. For those unfortunate few, they know they have no regrets for doing their best. 

22 minutes ago, Guest Reality said:

You were dumped twice by guys much younger than you, one even taking you as sugar daddy.  It's not a secret that many mature guys preferred "fresh meat" and many of these younger guys chasing them are gold diggers.  

Have you ever consider finding someone nearer your age?  If you truly accept that, this is where you truly need to lower your expectations.   Not an average looking young punk.  

Haha, typical bitchy remark.

The first ex is older than me. The 2nd ex is in his 30s. I once jokingly remarked that looking at our pic together, I looked younger than him. He forgot to shave that day haha and he admitted.

I still prefer looking for someone around my age. But like I said, the good ones are already taken so I had to lower my expectations. 

Yet at my age and my looks, I attracted lots of gold diggers, daddy lovers. If I say that some of them jaw dropped when they first met me, you'll come out with another bitchy dig at me, LOL.

If I'm a player, I can easily eat them all up and have ALL the fun I want. I tried that ex once because he was so eager chasing me. It was a disappointment that money is indeed very important to many gays LOL.

27 minutes ago, Guest Teatree said:

Agreed fully that health is wealth.  But human is human and has a life span.  You can live beyond 100 but still support is needed especially if you are single and alone.  MONEY can only cover your medical and daily expenses.  Beyond that, I think a network of friends should be nurtured.

I have this idea that if we live long and beyond the national average, then we are stretching our biological limits close to breaking points through our determined efforts. Once those limits start to break, they break like an avalanche.

So I was hoping that if I'm going to die then I'll die quickly and not rely on life support systems. Best would be to die in my sleep.

1 hour ago, Guest Teatree said:

I agree on a support system of similar aged friends, although I also see many elderly friends in Europe who are happy to live alone, simple and quiet. They are not mentally afraid of being alone, and are proof of "alone but not lonely". I make this comparison to Europe because our cities are getting as cramped and eventually the next trend (50 yr forecast) is elderly migration. This is also supported by weakening Asian values, where we don't have as many children, or the new generation no longer feel obliged or filial piety to care for the elderly family. Even for straight people, they have to be mentally prepared to live out their elderly years alone, or in assisted living facilities. 

Actually, I shocked my financial advisor when I said I would ideally like to plan to live until 80 years only. Imagine that coming from a person in their 30s. But anyway, I explained my reasons, and he has helped me to plan backwards, with a buffer of another 20 years. This is really his passion and God-given talent, which I appreciate and admire. He has planned it where some policies will pay out in planned stages, and some assets will liquidate itself in a staggered way. It is stable, because I am not in any hurry to multiply my wealth, or get a quick turnover. For me, I do not want or need to take a risk on my future, so my portfolio is incredibly boring. But stable. 

Together with my partner, we have calculated risks and expenditures, streamlining our lives even now to further understand our projected needs when we are in our 60s, 70s, 80s, and beyond. For a beginner, what is needed is hospitalisation plan, life policy and medical coverage.

That said, I would not chose to live beyond 80, especially if I am unwell at that stage. By that point, I should have accomplished what I need, done what I needed to do, and seen what I need to see, and said what I needed to say. If anything, it reminds me to live my life fully now, so that I won't die regretting mis-using my time here on Earth. If I am lucky to expire at 80, my excess 20 year planning will automatically be donated to charity/family, to be decided later at my choosing.

Now this is a bit more controversial, but I actually hope that Singapore society would advance by that time to legalise euthanasia. This gives elderly/sick citizens the choice to a dignified and painless death. It is scary to think of a death injection, but the reality is that there are many elderly in SG who have no money, or are sick (medisave depleted), either praying for death or thinking of ways to end their lives.

Once I stopped an old woman who was walking with her back facing incoming traffic, when there is a perfectly good path for pedestrians. She said, "Good lah, if people knock me, I die then at least I no need burden my family for funeral. We have no money!"

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

5 hours ago, Guest OnlyMe said:

That's a typical fatalistic excuse.

Okay loh, like that hoh we better over-eat and over indulgence, why suffer the pain of exercising ah, enjoy life to the maximum first since we are going to have health issues anyway if we not lucky.

Their best defence is that they know someone who eat healthy, exercise, look fit and healthy and yet die of health issues. That's blatant misuse of anecdotic  statistics of few samples vs what we know generally that applies to most of us. I can easily point out studies involving thousands with carefully collected data that show that many obese people suffer lots of illnesses. He knows it and we ALL know it but he still prefer the fun and comfortable excuses.  Why am I explaining this that's so obvious? Sometimes we cannot take compatibility of intelligence of people for granted. That's why Trump and terrorists are thriving in this world. We forget that these people look and don't see, hear and not listening.

In life we can only try our best. Usually we are rewarded for our efforts. For those unfortunate few, they know they have no regrets for doing their best. 

Not true obese suffer lots of illnesses. I know some obese their cholesterol level is normal etc. 

I am 60 this year.  My hair is greying, I no longer have the looks (I once was considered a pretty boy many many years ago), my paunch is growing bigger by the weeks, my complexion has lost its radiance and I spotted 3 grey hair in my crotch, first time, couple of years back.  So how do I cope with these changes in my life?  I just live and let live.  I don't go on diets to lose weight, I have never dyed my hair or go for facials or cosmetic surgery to fix my face.  I just go on living and be happy.  I guess it is my personality that still attracts younger men to me and we have healthy relationship and great sex.  Yes I pay for sex occasionally but most of the guys I hook up with are not after my money (I don't have much anyway).  Age is just a state of mind - always remember that!

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

Guest Teatree
19 hours ago, Guest OnlyMe said:

I have this idea that if we live long and beyond the national average, then we are stretching our biological limits close to breaking points through our determined efforts. Once those limits start to break, they break like an avalanche.

So I was hoping that if I'm going to die then I'll die quickly and not rely on life support systems. Best would be to die in my sleep.

My grandma passed away last week at 103.  She had lunch (only a mouthful), then passed motion, slept and never again wake up.  She was feeble but not sick. The only health issue was her dementia.   

Guest Teatree
19 hours ago, tomcat said:

Now this is a bit more controversial, but I actually hope that Singapore society would advance by that time to legalise euthanasia. This gives elderly/sick citizens the choice to a dignified and painless death. It is scary to think of a death injection, but the reality is that there are many elderly in SG who have no money, or are sick (medisave depleted), either praying for death or thinking of ways to end their lives.

Once I stopped an old woman who was walking with her back facing incoming traffic, when there is a perfectly good path for pedestrians. She said, "Good lah, if people knock me, I die then at least I no need burden my family for funeral. We have no money!"

I am for euthanasia too.  I expect Singapore to legalise it in time to come when the burden of the greying population on the economy become too great to bear.  I visualise that many elderly will migrate to nursing homes across the causeway due to affordability. 

The mindset of all elderly patients is the same.  Like my parents, they rather died than become a burden to their children.  This is the sad thing. 

4 hours ago, Guest Teatree said:

I am for euthanasia too.  I expect Singapore to legalise it in time to come when the burden of the greying population on the economy become too great to bear.  I visualise that many elderly will migrate to nursing homes across the causeway due to affordability. 

The mindset of all elderly patients is the same.  Like my parents, they rather died than become a burden to their children.  This is the sad thing. 

I know this feeling :( I was actually saddened when I heard my mom saying she would rather die than be on life support if she ever meets with a coma-inducing accident :( I wanted to cry but I have to look strong for her.

But to stay on track, i'd say don't stress over it. too much stress seems to age you faster than aging should.

21 hours ago, Guest Teatree said:

16 hours ago, knittinguy said:

I was actually saddened when I heard my mom saying she would rather die than be on life support if she ever meets with a coma-inducing accident :( I wanted to cry but I have to look strong for her.

Like my parents, they rather died than become a burden to their children.  This is the sad thing. 

Actually, this is not a sad thing. This is the matured thing. Being a financial/emotional/physical/spiritual burden actually outweighs the human fear of Death. We are sad cos we are young and not yet able to grasp. So don't feel sad but rather appreciate their selflessness, and honour them now while they are in good health/condition by spending more time with them. 

it is also the general fatigue of being alive for so long, my grandma said after her 3rd stroke, "if its my time to go, i surrender my will and go." she is still here with us! <3 <3 <3

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

• 4 months later...
Guest Not asking more

How do I cope with aging?

1. eat healthily and happily. 

2. exercise regularly and playfully. 

3. Think positively and help people whenever possible (siblings/parents/relatives and friends/strangers)

4. Buy what u need and not what u want.

5. Share your good fortune and positive thoughts.

Live for today!!!

P.S: What else we are asking for?

此生如此过, 应当是无悔。

Guest Fatty
3 minutes ago, Guest Not asking more said:

How do I cope with aging?

1. eat healthily and happily. 

2. exercise regularly and playfully. 

3. Think positively and help people whenever possible (siblings/parents/relatives and friends/strangers)

4. Buy what u need and not what u want.

5. Share your good fortune and positive thoughts.

Live for today!!!

P.S: What else we are asking for?

此生如此过, 应当是无悔。

And don't forget to write your will 

mentally we must not surrender/succumb to aging

always try do things we used to do during younger age

dun let other people's aging mentality affect us

learn new things/skills

I was told definition of old or young depends on our learning

young=always learning

old=stop learning

37 minutes ago, blowmenow said:

mentally we must not surrender/succumb to aging

always try do things we used to do during younger age

dun let other people's aging mentality affect us

learn new things/skills

I was told definition of old or young depends on our learning

young=always learning

old=stop learning

And we can add that we should resist to think AGAINST us:

In senior years, when we forget something or we have a bad day at the gym,

it is tempting to think:  "Oh, this is old age and I am going downhill",

and we forget that we were forgetful and had bad days at the gym when we were young too.

Grab every chance to get laid or suck a nice juicy cock.  Sex makes me feel younger and validates me as a person.

All in sex is fair.

10 hours ago, kimlo777 said:

Grab every chance to get laid or suck a nice juicy cock.  Sex makes me feel younger and validates me as a person.

I just love your straight talking style. You don't hold anything back. Love it.

do you still have your blog? Can you share the link? I seem to have misplaced it.

Thanks Bro.

On 4/13/2017 at 8:28 PM, Yas1950 said:

I just love your straight talking style. You don't hold anything back. Love it.

do you still have your blog? Can you share the link? I seem to have misplaced it.

Thanks Bro.

i stopped writing.  someone lodged a complaint (a muslim guy from malaysia actually when he saw me posting nude photos of muslim guys from different parts of malaysia).

All in sex is fair.

4 hours ago, Yas1950 said:

that's too bad bro. I used to enjoy what you wrote.

thanks.

All in sex is fair.

On 17.4.2017 at 3:45 AM, kimlo777 said:

i stopped writing.  someone lodged a complaint (a muslim guy from malaysia actually when he saw me posting nude photos of muslim guys from different parts of malaysia).

that's bad. I hope you didn't get into any problems because of this guy

Guest Guest

I f*cking hate my white hair. I am only early 30s.

Its growing like mushrooms sprouting out randomly in a field.

And the worst thing is these white hairs grow like shooting upwards vertically, while all the other black hair follows my comb style staying flat.

The white hairs seems to have their own growth direction like wanting to search for sunlight or something. Gosh.

And I notice ever since I get sprouting white hairs, my hair overall texture has changed. My hair is becoming more softer and thinner in diameter. Not just head, pubic and armpit hair has decreased in diameter too. I used to have really coarse and thick diameter hairs. And if I don't shampoo regularly in the past, my hair can be so hard and coarse like I cannot even comb it easily. 

Now its just soft hair like baby hair. What the heck.. =.=

Guest Guest
8 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

And the worst thing is these white hairs grow like shooting upwards vertically, while all the other black hair follows my comb style staying flat.

The white hairs seems to have their own growth direction like wanting to search for sunlight or something. Gosh.

And I notice ever since I get sprouting white hairs, my hair overall texture has changed. My hair is becoming more softer and thinner in diameter. Not just head, pubic and armpit hair has decreased in diameter too. I used to have really coarse and thick diameter hairs. And if I don't shampoo regularly  is in the past, my hair can be so hard and coarse like I cannot even comb it easily. 

Like that? Nice what... I like...

220px-Japanese_Deputy_Foreign_Minister_Yabunaka.jpg

This pic is that of a Japanese Vice Minister Mitoji Yabunaka , I hope my white hair will grow to be like that. Sadly, even if I do have such luck, it will only be for a short while before it blooms full grey/white...

80 and still going strong, Happy Birthday George Takei.

George Takei has a lot to smile about.  His career has lasted for many years, he's a strong voice in the LGBT community and he's reached the strong age of 80.

What do you get someone that has his own cologne, books, and catch phrase.

Well, you try to get him something that'll put a smile on his face and really make him say "Oh My!"

Howard Stern, a true straight bro, threw his friend George Takei a fantastic 80th birthday celebration. As part of that celebration, George got an eye full of young men and all their parts.

Click on the image below and let it load to join in on George's birthday celebration or go to imgur.com.

Article taken from http://instinctmagazine.com/post/what-gets-smile-george-takeis-face-nsfw

On 2016-10-9 at 1:40 AM, Guest Carpenter said:

Agree!

What is worrying is not just the lost in physical shine, but what the doctor have to say about your, once in a blue moon, blood screening result and than you became part of old-age reality.   

You joined the regular patient club, waiting at the pharmaceutical counter, for your name to be called among other elderly folks. Thereafter, you wonder whether you have enough savings for those medicine, while the clinic register your next appointment date.

When you returned home, your routine lifestyle resume - clubbing, cruising or whatever, and you were being rejected by the young and restless.  You decided to do gym, jog, swim but you also tried to conceal those aging naked fat or bones, of yours from being exposed to the world.  You while away, in those days and decided to find some jobs to do, but were rejected by society for your age.  Each fruitless days, became month and than years....

You needed money, but your CPF was locked and each year they tried to increase your withdrawal age limit. You wished to migrate but financially you can't.  You wished this island has a suburb country, a small humble cottage, away from the govt intervention, for you to live frugally, but it was an impossible dream wish.  You ate humblly to save money for medicine and monthly subsistence. Eventually, mal-nutrition caused you to become weaker and weaker.  Climbing stairs became a chores, the lift elevator did not land on your same floor, because the govt said you didn't vote for their party. 

You felt pawned, agonised those young days when you tried to performed energetically, at the National parade square, before the VIP, climbing robes and running stairs in your uniform, everyone clabbed, but now....you are just a nobody.

Emptiness brought old memories, recalling how time flies when you were, once upon a time, a young cheerful boy, at the playground thru kindergarden, surrounded by those you loved praising you, and marvelled at your handsome look.  During school days, those wonderful adventure of being a wild youth, fishing, hiking, camping, the hate/love relationship right up to your NS gunho days, you shouted, screamed and did that very stun to impress and liked by your fellowmen. Than work, cruising, upgrading,  hobbying, and all sort of adult activities you've tried.

Now, all those dissappeared swiftly into thin air and left a cloud of uncertainties before your eyes.  You shook your head, gave a loud sigh.  You lifted yourself from your chair against your weak limp, with aching back, went to the kettle to pour yourself a cup of lukewarm water and pop in your medication. A tooth from your set denture turned loose and dropped out. No money to replace.  You wonder, after today, what is next tomorrow?

The the answer came, a phone rang, the caller was an old school mates, brought news that one of your classmate has passes on peacefully.  Another relative brought news that one of your favourite uncles, who dotted you the most, did not make it.  

Each stranger who crossed your path, with simple greeting, brought consolation. Most of the time you are very much alone.  You turned on an old-time soulful songs, those that brought memories from favourite movies or singers now gone, so as to recap your time with whoever in the past.    You wished there were someone, partner/companion, nearby,  so that such remaining journey need not have to be so painful and meaningless to bear.  You badly needed a human voice and touch (not the sexual one now) to give you that spiritual lift. Each time you went out, and returned home empty, you are  reminded that you are the only one remained on this planet, as if.  

How lonesome was that during fast aging?

True harsh realities of urban living, in Singapore and elsewhere, especially here in the motherland of the merlion. Sad, but true.

But let's not focus too much on such hugely negative factors.

The above article, reads like a recipe for suicide.

8 hours ago, GuyGuy- said:

True harsh realities of urban living, in Singapore and elsewhere, especially here in the motherland of the merlion. Sad, but true.

Fortunately, this harsh reality can be avoided with some good planning early in life.

One way to do this is to cultivate our elderly and learn from them.

They can be a wealth of information on what to do and what not to do.

On 4/22/2017 at 10:58 AM, Guest Guest said:

And I notice ever since I get sprouting white hairs, my hair overall texture has changed. My hair is becoming more softer and thinner in diameter. Not just head, pubic and armpit hair has decreased in diameter too. I used to have really coarse and thick diameter hairs. And if I don't shampoo regularly in the past, my hair can be so hard and coarse like I cannot even comb it easily. 

If white hair is your only problem just dye it lah. If your white hair stick out than dont comb your other hair to make it flat or u can try wax a spiky hair. Comb your hair towards your white hair and not against your white hair.

Guest Fuckcare oldman
17 hours ago, GuyGuy- said:

Yeah, some people really caught up in their own depressing negativity that they forgot to wake up to smell the flowers.

I'm already 60yo happy go lucky old man. I don't take myself too seriously. Just got my clean bill of health from my annual medical checkup. Every body part is fine except the ole prostate enlarged which is normal with age. I do heavy exercises regularly. I'm fit and healthy. 

Of course, what I cannot control with old age, I accept them like the enlarged prostate. My cock takes ages to get hard so I'm enjoying being a bottom. I enjoy plenty of sex. I have lots of sex partners because I'm wild in bed. It helps to keep my brain and body lively. Old age need sex more than ever to stimulate the body and mind.

4 hours ago, Guest Fuckcare oldman said:

Yeah, some people really caught up in their own depressing negativity that they forgot to wake up to smell the flowers.

I'm already 60yo happy go lucky old man. I don't take myself too seriously. Just got my clean bill of health from my annual medical checkup. Every body part is fine except the ole prostate enlarged which is normal with age. I do heavy exercises regularly. I'm fit and healthy. 

Of course, what I cannot control with old age, I accept them like the enlarged prostate. My cock takes ages to get hard so I'm enjoying being a bottom. I enjoy plenty of sex. I have lots of sex partners because I'm wild in bed. It helps to keep my brain and body lively. Old age need sex more than ever to stimulate the body and mind.

You may find out that being in the state you are at 60, it only gets better as time passes. So many existential problems shrink and nearly vanish as we age, and one factor stands out the strongest: health.  So if you are fit and healthy, your problems may disappear without sickness taking their place.  An enlarged prostate can be easily taken care of with the traditional herbs like saw palmetto and others.  There is so much enjoyable in sex that if erectile problems make it difficult to top and one gives up on anal sex, there is still plenty to do to reach orgasm.  I know people who in their 70s are having the best sex of their lives, because they have the time to seek and find it, are free of prejudices, etc.

On 21/04/2017 at 4:31 PM, Asian69 said:

that's bad. I hope you didn't get into any problems because of this guy

Luckily not.  Blogspot sent me a warning notice thats all.

All in sex is fair.

• 1 month later...
Guest Samsara

Guys reaching 30's and in their 40's, when do you start noticing signs of aging, such as wrinkles, crow's feet and balding? Are you making measures to offset these changes and if yes, what measures?

Am reaching 30 this year, definitely some wrinkles are appearing especially round the eyes. I also frown alot and that gives me some wrinkles between my brows too. I don't use any moisturiser or "anti-aging" creams at all... I just try not to frown so much. Cut down on smoking or quitting altogether helps too. Exercise moderately but not too much helps as well, too much exercise will actually cause you to look more haggard. Try to eat healthily, as I feel diet also plays a part in aging. As for balding, I always had a high forehead so I don't notice whether my hairline is moving upwards haha. 

Also with aging, its just natural that we will have wrinkles and I do not see a problem with them, maybe just accept the facts of life and just live life with no regrets rather than worrying about such things :) 

1 minute ago, cutejack said:

Notice most gays look young for their ahe including myself 

Hmm... interesting observation. Why do you think that is the case? Gays have no need to be under the financial strain of supporting a family with kids? Or they have no need to pander to the whims of the fairer sex?

Guest Samsara
2 minutes ago, Lycandie said:

Hmm... interesting observation. Why do you think that is the case? Gays have no need to be under the financial strain of supporting a family with kids? Or they have no need to pander to the whims of the fairer sex?

I think it's a combination of different factors. We do not have the added pressure of taking care of kids after a tiring day at work. There is plenty of time to gym as it is a superficial community, which is both good and bad lol. In trying to achieve a good body we also take more notice of diet, which helps in the long run. 

In using social apps, I noticed there is a vast difference between the age group of 20, 30 and 40+.

5 minutes ago, Lycandie said:

Married men hardly workout im gym.mostly r singles or gays i mean i notice. Gays r attracted to looks n muscles so we tend to maintain our looks to attract/seduce them.

Guest Samsara
Just now, cutejack said:

Married men hardly workout im gym.mostly r singles or gays i mean i notice. Gays r attracted to looks n muscles so we tend to maintain our looks to attract/seduce them.

Unfortunately you can only work on your body and can't hide signs of aging from the face.

• G_M changed the title to Discussion on Facts & Signs of Aging + How to cope with Aging + Aging Gracefully (compiled)
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.