Male HQ

China's Singing Competition / Songs - 中国好声音 + 中国好歌曲 + 我是歌手 + 快乐男声 + 中国风 + 蒙面歌王 + 隐藏的歌手 + 中国新歌声 + 梦想的声音

D-boy

This Week:

Tan WeiWei  -  omgg just perfect. Honestly.
Han Hong - This song should only be sung by guys. It was just ok.
Xiao Huang Qi - Good until he sings that one super long redundant note then it reminds you how luo-suo he has been for the past one minute. Goes downhill after that.
The One - I suppose he's quite good but it was a bit too soppy and overbearing.
Sun Nan - Sigh, again It's like he has this fixed idea about how a singer should emote and then he rehearsed that over and over. I dunno, its very affected. It's a pity cos he actually has a good voice.
li jian - Following many weeks of horrible song choice, this was unsurprisingly another terrible one (made worse by the arrangement). What happened???? He was amazing at picking songs at first and now it seems that he has gone way off the mark. Still has it though - you can hear it in the way he sings.
Alin- Quite weird - although she oversang, she also sounded emotionally flat at the same time. *shrug*

Actual Placing:

The One
Li Jian
XHQ
Tan WeiWei
Sun Nan
Han Hong
Alin

Guest Can't wait

Just watched alin performance . She changed the melody of the song such that all the touching notes were gone. So it sounded emotionless though it's such a great song . How she is always top 2 is peculiar . She is always decent but never great.

Han Hong - The song doesn't seem to sit well in her vocal range.  The last note of the first time through the song sounded shaky.  I think I am too accustomed to Zhao Chuan's driving, edgy version and find her rendition somewhat lacking in excitement in comparison.  She flipped to higher notes in the final recapitulation of the chorus but it was too little too late.  Kinda boring.  

Tan Weiwei - a very versatile singer with a secure technique that enables her to do very diverse styles.  Such a talent!  Interesting instrumentation.

Sun Nan - no comments

Jess Li - She has matured much as a singer since her xing guang days; so much more control over her very fine instrument.  I just yearn for a little more vulnerability.  Her melismas come across as too articulated and deliberate.  All in all, a very commendable performance!

The One - His smoky voice will win him countless fans every time.  The arrangement was too pretentious for my taste.

Li Jian - boring.  

Alin - boring.  I don't think she even connected well with the song.

Xiao Huang Qi - Another affected arrangement with awkward reharmonization.  Not particularly impressive.

Guest kilerwhale

Spoiler:

Episode 11 rumored placing

(highlight to see)

Alin is 2nd, therefore she is safe from elimination

Sitar Tan is eliminated

Episode 12 (Breakthrough Round) will have 10 singers fighting for 4 spots in the Finals. 

The singers participating in the Breakthrough Round are Kit Chan, Li Hao Nan, Tiger Hu, Leo Ku, Jane Zhang, Jess Li, Li Jian, Sitar Tan, The One, Xiao Huang Qi

Guest Can't wait

Finally watched the entire episode:

Aside from my comments on Alin above -

Sun Nan rendition was not touching at all - it irks me to see

Scenes of audience crying always inserted into the performances. Cringe ! Too much is way too fake.

The One oversings everything . 聽海 become 聽海嘯.

Ricky Hsiao has power in his voice, but lacking in emotion. I think as a blind performer, Chen Wei Lian manages to touch me more when he sings .

Tan Wei Wei is wonderful so far. Powerful and not pretentious .

Guest Alin jiayou

I'm so glad Alin got through!

And on a side note, I finder the Korean The One's manager soooooo cute and charming! He's like the best eye candy here!

Guest guest

The One's "manager" is 金恩圣 Kim Eunsung, also known as 小五 . He's a korean from s korea, joined this china boy group called 至上励合.

Think he used to have longer hair...abit tu-tu...

https://www.google.com/search?q=%E9%87%91%E6%81%A9%E5%9C%A3+kim&newwindow=1&hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4LEND_enSG474SG474&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=3g0HVfG3D5OyuATltIDwCQ&ved=0CB0QsAQ&biw=1600&bih=773

的确,唱将一旦经过岁月的洗礼,时间的磨练后,不再是只知道一再的 "放",而是学会了如何的 "收"

洁kit让我觉得很享受,心和她的歌声引起共鸣,也融入了她的歌曲世界当中。

Edited by snowball

The chosen 4 were obvious choices....

Between Kit and The One, do you think the TV station dare to "dump" the One?

Anyway, Kit has shown that as a veteran, she does not need "screaming high notes" and "sexy dance moves".

The song choice was not a easy one but her rendition of Leslie Cheung's song was a notch above the rest.   

There was so much control in the voice and she really injected the right emotions into a song.

Bravo, Kit... you earned my respect and you have definitely done Singaporeans proud with your performance.

陈洁仪。。享受舞台, 不争排名。

这首歌以呢喃的方式开始,起伏不大, 完全靠唱工/实力。

谢谢洁仪把这首较冷门的歌曲介绍给大家。

也让大中华的观众知道你的贡献。。

** 洁仪-越来越迷人/漂亮/亲切了。。。

左右手的歌词:

不知道為何你會遠走 

不知道何時才再有對手
我的身心只適應你 
氣力回頭 不知道為何你會放手 
只知道習慣抱你抱了太久
怕這雙手一失去你 
令動作顫抖 尚記得 

左手邊一臉溫柔 來自你熱暖 
在枕邊消受 同樣記得 
當天一臉哀求 搖著我右臂 
就這樣而分手

從那天起我不辨別前後
從那天起我竟調亂左右
習慣都扭轉了呼吸都張不開口
你離開了 
卻散落四周

從那天起我戀上我左手
從那天起我討厭我右手
為何沒力氣去捉緊這一點火花
天高海深 
有什麼可擁有 留住你 
別要走 無奈怎能夠 
除下在左右我的手扣 
有愛難偷

哥哥长发的演绎

The chosen 4 were obvious choices....

Between Kit and The One, do you think the TV station dare to "dump" the One?

No doubt Kit was good, but The One was better. I actually agree with the 4 that were chosen, but if I could swop, I would have swopped Hu Yan Bin for Leo Ku.

I agree that The One's performance should get more votes than Kit.

However if you ask me to watch a 2 hour concert by him, I will probably die because he is simply "Too intense" for my liking.

His rendition of almost every song is so 猛/深情。。。老人家的我 负担不起。。太过浓烈。。。

还是来杯淡如水的演绎。。。

口音不一样是正常的。

每个人的发声处都有点不一样的。。。而且, 唱歌的时候, 我们的发音都要押韵。。

回来看看, 洁仪的唱歌口气的确有点different.

如果你听听她的中文唱发时, 你也会觉得有个洋妞在唱。。

。。不是几正是她的独特之处吧。。。

Eason and Han Hong were rushing each other ...totally not in sync and the poor musicians had to follow their tempo.

I must say it must be one of the worst rendition of "Ten years".

And Ms Han cannot sing pop for all it is worth!

She won because she is at her best, blasting semi-traditional folk songs.

两个都在强拍子。。把“十年”唱得象首激励的歌曲。。完全失去歌本来的哀怨/美感。

• 3 months later...
Guest Guest

jay chou should stop drinking his mother's milk...quite tired hearing about him talking abt his mother all the time.

how cum the thai girl did not proceed? I guess the show is organised such that there must be a teacher to take on the student? If so, it is no wonder that she did not proceed...none of the teachers could do a teresa teng...I thought naying should at least try take her on...such a loss.

waiting for alfred sim to appear...anyone knows when?

Guest Teresa Heng Heng

jay chou should stop drinking his mother's milk...quite tired hearing about him talking abt his mother all the time.

how cum the thai girl did not proceed? I guess the show is organised such that there must be a teacher to take on the student? If so, it is no wonder that she did not proceed...none of the teachers could do a teresa teng...I thought naying should at least try take her on...such a loss.

waiting for alfred sim to appear...anyone knows when?

The thai girl is at best "perfect imitation of Teresa Teng", with no personality of her own. If she belongs to only one song type, there will be no versatility to speak about in terms of grooming her further. The teachers need to look for a "winner for the competition", someone that has the voice, unique star quality that the future market wants.

She's planted into the show just for novelty purposes.

Guest guest

New singing show in China....蒙面歌王...started 17 Jul 2015...pro singers competing but they wore masks so the judges and audience can play guessing game....the most voted singer will unmask and go to semi-finals. In a way, for some audience, if they don't know who's the singer, they will be less biased.

Guest Guest

woman singing in very husky man's voice...even men cannot beat her very man's voice...she was signing in a clothed cage and everyone was thinking it was a guy singing until they removed the cloth...very unique...

this programme is now the highlight of my Sat night...

Got 2 handsome eye candies...still waiting for Alfred Sim to sing but he has got v strong competition this time, unlike on home ground where the population is so much smaller..

Guest guest

The recent china show Masked Singer follows the South Korean show of the same name...and South Korea now has a new singing show....called "I Can See Your Voice".

Guess they realise the surprise element of hearing an unexpected person sing so well or the funny moments of a tone-deaf or off-tune singing....and also an guessing element.

“I Can See Your Voice” is a program with the premise that there are a number of people in a group, some of whom can sing and some who can’t. Professional singers will then look only at hints and the outward appearance of these people to guess the person who can sing well. If someone who can’t sing well gets chosen, they will earn a prize of 5,000,000 Won; if the one who can sing gets chosen, they will be able to sing a duet with the singer....

Every episode, one contestant would be chosen...if he can't sing, he'll win money and leave. If he can sing, he will go on to the next stage. For those singers not chosen in these early episodes, they would get another chance later of the show.

Wonder when China (or Taiwan) will follow....

• HendryTan changed the title to China's Singing Competition / Songs - 中国好声音 + 中国好歌曲 + 我是歌手 + 快乐男声 + 中国风 + 蒙面歌王 + 隐藏的歌手 + 中国新歌声 + 梦想的声音
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.