Male HQ

China's Singing Competition / Songs - 中国好声音 + 中国好歌曲 + 我是歌手 + 快乐男声 + 中国风 + 蒙面歌王 + 隐藏的歌手 + 中国新歌声 + 梦想的声音

D-boy

From the postings so far (which are admittedly too few to draw any real statistical inference), it appears that we locals have a taste in music that is rather unified and distinct from that of the Chinese mainland audience.  A-lin's more westernized style of vocals appeal to us the most and Zhang Liang Yin's attempt at being a powerhouse belting diva was frowned upon.  

I must say the Chinese mainland singers are vocally very gifted.  They can toss off punishing vocal routines with no sweat.  But their sense of style leaves much to be desired.

Lifeart , you can write very well

Just watched the 5th episode. Here to share some of my humble opinions.  Feel free to disagree and comment!

[spoiler alert]

1. Hu Yanbin.  I don't particularly enjoy his singing or arrangements, but he certainly deserves credit for trying to give each song his own spin.  His rendition of "Wei Dao" was more than competent but it didn't do much for me.  Still, he doesn't deserve last spot.

2.  Li Jian.  Smooth, silky, clear, clean are some adjectives that come to mind.  Easy transition into mixed register.  He is almost like some kind of folk-song singer.   I wonder how long he can sustain interest though.  He doesn't seem as versatile as the other singers.

3. Leo Ku.  Fun performance to watch, but falls short of my idea of "electrifying".  His voice is just too "guai" and sounds kind of tight. "Monica" is probably also not a competition kind of number.  But I'm glad he has moved beyond the oversentimental ballads he has been singing.

4. Han Hong.  Technically very secure.  But after a few episodes, she gets really boring and I find myself tempted to fast-forward in this episode. As an aside, her impromptu demonstration of operatic singing was so salah.

5. Sun Nan.  Sounds too old school.  Enough said.

6. Zhang Liang Ying.  Ok, this one is the most controversial I suppose.  I hated it.  I find her belting rather annoying.  It is too close to yelling and as a result, the musical line suffers.  She is no Jessie J.  But I guess it's quite a feat for an asian to do such music.  And her runs at the very end sounded so unnatural to my ears.

7. A-lin. Her vocal style is the one I'm most comfortable with.  But at many big climaxes in her past performances, she seems to be wanting in vocal power.  .Not shiok enough!

Guest killerwhale

Spoiler

Next episode (EP 6) is the 2nd round of PK.

The PK singer, a Chinese female vocalist,谭维维got 1st place

That means, the singer at the 7th spot, [highlight to see the name] Leo Ku 古巨基, leaves the competition.

Guest killerwhale

Disclaimer:

Post #414 is a rumour.

Apparently there are many "versions" of the placement.

Guess we have to tune in to the actual show this Friday to find out.

However, the following is confirmed.

Jess Lee 李佳薇will be the 3rd PK singer to sing in the 3rd PK round in 3 weeks' time.

[spoiler alert]

1. Han Hong sounds like a closet operatic tenor with her strong chest mixed voice.  Is she lesbian?  She probably has a very strong desire to be a man.  I have no affinity for such grand revolutionary songs, so I didn't enjoy her performance much. She does look a little under the weather.

2. Leo Ku. Typical performance. Not memorable.

3. Li Jian. Surprisingly captivating rendition of Qi Qin's song. Beautiful tone, smooth and natural phrasing. When the music arrangement grew a bit heavier with bass and drums, his light voice started to sound a little out of place. In one or two rare moments, he pushed some of the notes a bit too much and sounded a little strained.

4. Sun Nan. OK, I have my prejudices but his nasal vocal colour really doesn't sit well with me at all. It sounds very pretentious and whiny to me. Side Comment: The flautist should be sacked for playing so badly.

5. Hu Yan Bing. I think he is in his element here; he has the attitude for this kind of music. With this new haircut, he doesn't look quite so bad anymore.

6. Zhang Liang Yin. Now isn't this dishy gal trying hard to impress?! The coloratura section came off sounding kinda stiff.  While she is working her butts off on stage, dancing and screeching and all, I really don't feel much heat, sorry Jane.

7. A-lin. Needs to add more edge to her voice, more attitude. See entry on Tan Wei Wei.

8. Tan Wei Wei. Be not deceived, hidden behind the sophisticated tai-tai facade is one mean vocal beast! She started crooning harmlessly a la Feng Fei Fei and just when I was about to dismiss her, she morphed into a rocker! Talk about edge and attitude! A-lin can learn a thing from her. But I don't know man, it is so weird to have such a 70s sounding melody turn into a hollering extravaganza.

Edited by lifeart

Sidetrack abit...just to mention this singer 姚贝娜 who passed away last month from cancer. She is famous for the songs in 甄嬛传 and participating in 中國好聲音 esp singing 也許明天. Her last appearance is in another china competition "Hi歌" singing newly-written songs, in dec...read she was feeling sick already....sad...rip.

驚鴻舞 + 菩薩蠻 + 離不開你

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WLKBHJMy4k

时间都去哪儿了

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4zVrlb9Hkc

Guest urban90prince90

My favourite Is A-lin, cause I'm her fan when her first album was release, and listen her song every day. Supported her for sure in 我是歌手. Check out her song and my favorite Song is 给我一个理由忘记。

Guest killerwhale

The One is the next replacement singer for China's I Am A Singer Season 3.

He is a Korean singer who had won Korea's I Am A Singer Season 2, back in 2012.

His addition to the show will definitely add some interesting elements to the show.

Spoiler Ranking: The One is ranked [highlight to show] 1st, while Jane Zhang is ranked [highlight to show] 7th.

The One is singing "That Man" which he had also sung during his competition days.

[spoiler alert]

1. Zhang Liang Ying - Sentimental ballads is not her strong suit. Adding a big band section will not save her. Not impressed.

2. Sun Nan - He sounded much better this time; not so reedy as before or at least not as irritating. The high notes were quite consistent, nasal but not too tight-sounding. He shows good vocal control in this performance.

3. Li Jian - He can't go wrong with this style of songs. Very clean and straightforward.

4. Tan Weiwei. Quite a performance! Shouts a few times too many, but the highest note came as a pleasant shock.

5. Leo Ku. Sweet voice, usual emo style of singing. Lost it towards the end and broke down sobbing.

6. Han Hong. Folk rock suits her totally. The open style of singing, the modal quality of the music really evokes the highlands of Tibet.

7. A-lin. Her voice is getting stronger but still hoping to see a significant breakthrough. Somehow her singing touches me. Her middle and low tones are gorgeous.

8. The One. Now how many shades of colors does this man's voice have? Husky low crooning to hoarse light mixed voice to strong but pliable full voice to powerful falsetto, he employs all those colors in one song. A little pitchy when singing in Mandarin, but I suppose that is understandable.

Edited by lifeart

Puppyfart, thanks for the recommendation, I had a great time watching the episode you posted.

I can't say I find the songs in this episode very touching, but they are not shallow by any means!  

The participants have shown considerable cultural and literary depth in their songwriting.  Musically,

they also dare to stray from the conventional and are able to fuse their cultural identity onto western forms

rather successfully I thought,

Singapore needs a platform like this!  Our young people need to be given space to develop their artistic sides

and be mentored by successful songwriters.

in my worthless opinion, this week's ranking should be:

Han Hong - I really like her this week. I dunno haha.

A-lin - quite solid this time round.

Li Jian - sigh, off form.

Korean Guy - meh.

Tan Weiwei - shouts every single song regardless. I honestly dunno what she's doing.

Zhang Liangying - quite tacky, but she's really pretty.

Sun Nan - someone please just put this guy out of his misery already. He's been trying to mimic Li Jian ever since Li Jian came on the show and is really really really really really unauthentic doing it. I rather have TWW shout in my ear for an hour.

However, in the actual polls, the ranking goes:

Li Jian

A-lin

Han Hong

Sun Nan

Tan Weiwei

Korean Guy

Zhang Liangying

*shrugs*

----

I change the spoiler alert to use the Forum Spoiler coverup.

Use the third top row icon to insert spoiler next time yourself.

Hendry Tan

in my worthless opinion, this week's ranking should be:

Han Hong - I really like her this week. I dunno haha.

A-lin - quite solid this time round.

Li Jian - sigh, off form.

Korean Guy - meh.

Tan Weiwei - shouts every single song regardless. I honestly dunno what she's doing.

Zhang Liangying - quite tacky, but she's really pretty.

Sun Nan - someone please just put this guy out of his misery already. He's been trying to mimic Li Jian ever since Li Jian came on the show and is really really really really really unauthentic doing it. I rather have TWW shout in my ear for an hour.

However, in the actual polls, the ranking goes:

Li Jian

A-lin

Han Hong

Sun Nan

Tan Weiwei

Korean Guy

Zhang Liangying

*shrugs*

----

I change the spoiler alert to use the Forum Spoiler coverup.

Use the third top row icon to insert spoiler next time yourself.

Hendry Tan

Omg Jane Zhang is finally out. Hope Li Jian or Chusheng wins.

Edited by joshTWjosh

张靓颖 isn't my favorite,But I like her rendition of  高凌风 signature song 冬天里的一把火 and complete with his dance move and dancers.The remix is very well done.

Not following I am Singer - it's rather boring to me.

Prefer to watch 中国好歌曲. Progressed to Episode 7 now. But this 2nd episode had a couple of rather touching songs

Anyone following?

There are too many singing competition shows happening in China that sometimes I can't even tell which is which.

And this episode tat u posted here, surprisingly it's good! There were a few songs that caught my ears, and even feel like repeating it, especially love the rhythm of the song 纪•念.

Guess I will follow this show as well other than 我是歌手

Guest snowball

踢馆不成功,只待她的突围赛有好的表现,

冠军别怀疑,不可能是外来歌手,

外来只是陪衬的,能在大陆打开更大市场,

也就袋袋平安了,所以说,别奢望计较。

There must be a conspiracy.

Just to keep Sun Nan, they have to sacrifice Jiawei.

Worst, to compensate the loss, they have to announce that she lost by 1 vote.

Pleaseeee... remove Han-hong, Sun-nan... asap...

Han Hong and Sun Nan have really passed their prime..

Can they still inject fresh elements in their songs?

I. for one, would not pay to see them at a concert..

My vote this week goes to A-lin... 

At the very least, she brought a warm glow to the show..

内定也好, 只少她带原住民的喜悦和热情带到舞台。 

Always knew that Jess Lee has a powerful and stable vocal, but everytime I listened to her songs, I can't feel much of feel (except for the 勇敢 she sang during the final for 星光大道 competition), standard 技巧大于情感派. However to my surprise, this time her 煎熬 managed to touch me. As a fellow Malaysian, I would like to cheer her up, wish she can bring a better performance during her 突围赛.

For this time, I also feel A-lin has best performance, may not sing the best among all singers, but has the best atmosphere.

IMHO Sun Nan deserves to be last.  

A-lin's performance is very cute and leaves one with a very good feeling.  But this is a

singing competition and based on the singing per se, I won't expect her to get first.

Thanks to her minge training. Li Jiawei has amazing control of her high notes.  Her upper range was bright

and well-projected without sounding overbearing and the occasional breathy tones were strategically placed.

Her low notes sound kind of manufactured and muddy.  Somehow she doesn't emote as well in that range.

A pity that she cannot stay on.

Zhang Liangying sounds better this time but I don't know man, I just get too bothered by her English

diction to be able to get into her performance. But I'm probably just being pedantic; that ang moh was moved

to tears.

Could you guys please share with me a torrent link where I could download the HIGH DEFINITION of 我是歌手 3?

I'm more into quality or high definition stuff. And I'm using xunlei to do the downloading. Thanks.

Those FULL eps on youtube are HD already. I watch them on HD TV by connecting directly to youtube.

Guest sun nan pls go home

Based on what I saw, my choice would be:

1. Tan Wei Wei

2. A-lin

3. Jia Wei

4. The One

5. HanHong

6. Li Jian

7. Sun Nan

I really felt both Alin's and Jiawei's performances were better than Hanhong! Would have loved to see more of Jiawei and no more of Sun Nan.

• HendryTan changed the title to China's Singing Competition / Songs - 中国好声音 + 中国好歌曲 + 我是歌手 + 快乐男声 + 中国风 + 蒙面歌王 + 隐藏的歌手 + 中国新歌声 + 梦想的声音
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.