Male HQ

China's Singing Competition / Songs - 中国好声音 + 中国好歌曲 + 我是歌手 + 快乐男声 + 中国风 + 蒙面歌王 + 隐藏的歌手 + 中国新歌声 + 梦想的声音

D-boy

Kit Chan does not deserve to end at the bottom of the list - she emotes with the right feeling and unfortunately, this was not what the audience preferred... Although news that she will be eliminated by Show No. 2, please take heart that Gary Cao Ge was also eliminated early in last year's installment but he managed to be in the final show (ahead of Zhou Bi-chang and Zhang Yu, who stayed on from the very first episode).

Kit may be out of contention at this moment but let us watch out for her triumphant return later... Anyway, did you noticed that the other two female singers had too much make-up on..Kit had hers done almost perfectly, just right for the status and age.. like a Tai-tai..高贵大方, 靓(亮)丽

Kit Chan does not deserve to end at the bottom of the list - she emotes with the right feeling and unfortunately, this was not what the audience preferred... Although news that she will be eliminated by Show No. 2, please take heart that Gary Cao Ge was also eliminated early in last year's installment but he managed to be in the final show (ahead of Zhou Bi-chang and Zhang Yu, who stayed on from the very first episode).

Kit may be out of contention at this moment but let us watch out for her triumphant return later... Anyway, did you noticed that the other two female singers had too much make-up on..Kit had hers done almost perfectly, just right for the status and age.. like a Tai-tai..高贵大方, 靓(亮)丽

Yupp. Kit Chan will return stronger than ever ! :)

Totally agrees. Even the singers voted kit chan as top 3. Chinese just like loud and majestic voices.

But hands down to han hong! But the show is trying to sell kit chan too! Hope she can get back in the next episode!

The show producers and directors know that they have to educate the china audience to appreciate beyond the loud and majestic. Otherwise the show cannot last as the audience get tired without variety. They are therefore recruiting these quality overseas singers to hopefully do a miracle on the china audience.

The show producers and directors know that they have to educate the china audience to appreciate beyond the loud and majestic. Otherwise the show cannot last as the audience get tired without variety. They are therefore recruiting these quality overseas singers to hopefully do a miracle on the china audience.

Let's hope for the better!

成绩公佈没太大的意外,陈洁仪的认识度对中国同胞来说,比起其他人几乎是零,因此,无法引起共鸣是意料中的事。

让我惊艳的是A-Lin,高贵典雅。能得到同行的肯定,尤其是韩虹的认同,洁仪已是不容置疑的实力派歌手唱将。

The singer, hang hong who voted as no 1 looks to me like a lesbian. And all the while she will wear suit like man, I didn't see her put up a dress when she performed.

Kit got 7th place again for Round 2...so she's out. Hope she will come back in revival round later. For the next round, round 3, she only came back to perform, not compete. Think her replacement is 李榮浩.

Kit's clips.

Round 1 心动

Round 2 心如刀割

Guest killerwhale

I think Kit might be resurrected in round 3?? Perhaps all the singers find her good as well. 

http://www.hunantv.com/v/1/103887/c/1076834.html#

10900192_1563484630562927_10982774095730

Kit is there to perform her "exit" song.

All eliminated singers have to return to sing their "exit" song at the next round of competition.

The new singer (LRH) has to compete for the Top 4 spot, if not (5th to 7th spot), he failed as a PK-er and will be eliminated.

This is the new competition format.

The "main" singer with the least votes for 2 rounds will be eliminated and a PK-er singer will compete at the next round for the Top 4 spots, if not, the PK-er will be eliminated and the remaining "main" singers will continue at the next round with another PK-er singer.

The process repeats until the "main" singer gets eliminated after 2 rounds or a PK-er singer replaces a "main" singer.

At any time, there will always be 7 singers competing, regardless of "main" or PK-er.

Saw this on the web, wonder if it's true....Kit's 2nd rendition was completely off key according to the reporters at the actual scene...

http://ent.sina.com.cn/z/y/2015-01-11/03454271313.shtml

I am doubtful. It's very hard to go off key the entire song for someone with some musical knowledge unless Kit chooses to go off key the entire song. The whole song, if sang 'as edited' on the video, is actually well within Kit's range.

I am doubtful. It's very hard to go off key the entire song for someone with some musical knowledge unless Kit chooses to go off key the entire song. The whole song, if sang 'as edited' on the video, is actually well within Kit's range.

I also find it hard to believe, esp for experienced singers...sometimes in live outdoor settings it is possible for singers not able to hear themselves well hence not easy to pitch properly but for this show not only did the singers even get to rehearse, the audience were also silent so the singers should be able to hear the music well...it's hard to believe any performance sung off-key can be corrected during post-production...

I also find it hard to believe, esp for experienced singers...sometimes in live outdoor settings it is possible for singers not able to hear themselves well hence not easy to pitch properly but for this show not only did the singers even get to rehearse, the audience were also silent so the singers should be able to hear the music well...it's hard to believe any performance sung off-key can be corrected during post-production...

I doubt so too.. the vocal range for this performance is well-within Kit's ability. Plus I never hear Kit went off key/ pitch in her live performance, throughout a song.

If that was the case, why would Han Hong kept saying Kit is good and Hu YanBin wouldn't have voted for her. The audience and contestants were immersed in her performance (unless that is edited as well). The production team is unprofessional to do such editing for this singing competition.

Having said that, I rather Kit rejects the revival round than to suffer further humiliations.

Someone posted in the comments, claiming she was in the recording for this particular episode. Apparently there's a lot of audio post-production that goes on. The reason why Kit's score is so low is cause she's too soft. And it's not as impactful live. As for ALin, she broke down crying because she cracked when singing one of her big notes, which was edited out during post-prod.

Still, Kit made us real proud! when's stef sun going up? :P

Regardless of the outcome, Kit had definitely gained some inroads into the China market.

Her results may be dismal at best but there is no disappointment actually.

With Hunan's TV station, they know how to "raise"  the singer's profile through their other programmes.

If you watch the 2nd show in its entirety, I was surprised that the parting song was Kit singing Mavis's (No) Regrets/遗憾.  She did that cover 重(翻) 译 two years ago but it went under the radar because the "promoted" song was Shino's 心动。

非常好听

To use a phrase overly said on TV recently .. I like

真正的如戏太深。。。

Guest killerwhale

Yes. 

According to one of the audience who had commented in the official FB, there were post-production enhancement of the performance.

Kit was too soft (sabotaged?!?!??) and A-lin messed up the vocals during the recording.

A-lin was crying after the performance was because of messing up, not the bullshit reason the broadcasted version stated.

Hence, both of them were the bottom 2.

Anyway, Kit will be performing "Nothing Compares 2 U" in the next episode.

Here's a video clip of her performing this song in the past.

Stef Sun stated in a recent interview that she will not be joining such competition for the time being as she wants to take care of her baby first.

I believe the audience each has 3 votes and it is possible that they were "unmoved" by Kit Chan's rendition. Anyway, Kit is not known to be a powerhouse or someone who does vocal calisthenics , so it came no surprise she was booted out.  

The audience have the absolute control and if those reports are true (虽然有点落井下石), Kit had already done her best and she should be honoured to be included in the 1st 7 singers,

Not familiar with the rules of this competition but was wondering why she didn't choose to sing her own songs like 担心 and 心痛?Thought she would have delivered them much better n it would have been a great opportunity to revive these great songs among the Chinese audience. The outcome might have been quite different. This is after all a singing contest n song choice is an important factor.

Horrible entertainment  show from China , when they introduce Kit Chan from Singapore, the Singapore flag was planted on the Indonesia map ! Hello, will people wake up ,please !

If this happens in HK, people would have complained there ! Would rather watch TVB programme.

Not familiar with the rules of this competition but was wondering why she didn't choose to sing her own songs like 担心 and 心痛?Thought she would have delivered them much better n it would have been a great opportunity to revive these great songs among the Chinese audience. The outcome might have been quite different. This is after all a singing contest n song choice is an important factor.

Save the best for the last ...

Mention song choice..

Usually in the very first show of the season, the singer sings his/her "original" signature tune and in the subsequent weeks, songs from other singers.  Kit changed it and sang Shino and Jackie's songs.  

Regardless whether she did or did not sing off-key, her song choices were NOT audience-friendly.  Yes, she was doing a fine job but she lacked that dramatic and definitive show-stopper... With her stage presence, she could have sang Broadway tunes and that song from Jackie's musical.

No wonder, the other 国宝s are distancing themselves from this show.

Guest IWonderY

usually when a singer chose to sing other singer song, they will be creative enough to re compose it into their own style.

kit chan sang the 2 songs not different from the orginial singers so the audience felt she not as gd as the orginial singer and nothing impressive.

Kit chan should knew it becos her gd friend 林志旋did tat when he was in this competition.

kit chan sang the 2 songs not different from the orginial singers so the audience felt she not as gd as the orginial singer and nothing impressive.

I disagree. Kit delivered both songs with different emotions from the original singer. In her second song, she sang it from a woman's persepective.

I also dun think a singer singing somebody else's song must change the song so much that it looses the original intend of the song writer.

A friend of mine from China said that he could not believe that Kit was ranked 7th . Kit's performance " 心如刀割” has him tearing as he was very moved by her singing. He felt that Kit was the best !

Kit's live performance is really really very good. The first time I heard her singing live was in 雪狼湖. My jaw dropped when her voice came out. Super awesome. She was very good.

That is a very good and clear rendition of Sinead's song.

It really saves the day..Kit can now walk away from the stage with her head held high..

Yes, she is one of those talented singers who are always there but always under the radar...for no apparent reasons.

Perhaps the culture and customs are so different from us but I cannot "tahan" those China-songs.... 

And this season, Han Hong et al had too much of such songs on their song lists.

Just watched the 5th episode. Here to share some of my humble opinions.  Feel free to disagree and comment!

[spoiler alert]

1. Hu Yanbin.  I don't particularly enjoy his singing or arrangements, but he certainly deserves credit for trying to give each song his own spin.  His rendition of "Wei Dao" was more than competent but it didn't do much for me.  Still, he doesn't deserve last spot.

2.  Li Jian.  Smooth, silky, clear, clean are some adjectives that come to mind.  Easy transition into mixed register.  He is almost like some kind of folk-song singer.   I wonder how long he can sustain interest though.  He doesn't seem as versatile as the other singers.

3. Leo Ku.  Fun performance to watch, but falls short of my idea of "electrifying".  His voice is just too "guai" and sounds kind of tight. "Monica" is probably also not a competition kind of number.  But I'm glad he has moved beyond the oversentimental ballads he has been singing.

4. Han Hong.  Technically very secure.  But after a few episodes, she gets really boring and I find myself tempted to fast-forward in this episode. As an aside, her impromptu demonstration of operatic singing was so salah.

5. Sun Nan.  Sounds too old school.  Enough said.

6. Zhang Liang Ying.  Ok, this one is the most controversial I suppose.  I hated it.  I find her belting rather annoying.  It is too close to yelling and as a result, the musical line suffers.  She is no Jessie J.  But I guess it's quite a feat for an asian to do such music.  And her runs at the very end sounded so unnatural to my ears.

7. A-lin. Her vocal style is the one I'm most comfortable with.  But at many big climaxes in her past performances, she seems to be wanting in vocal power.  .Not shiok enough!

It is about time for Sun Nan and Han Hong to be in the last 3..

But knowing the Chinese way, they will sail to the end.

Leo Ku seems to be the right candidate to leave....His Monica..say the word Monica slowly in Hokkien... ha ha.. was terrible.  Not a very impressive performance.  A-lin is the only Taiwanese representative, so she better not go...Jane Zhang had 2 7th spots in a row but this performance ... don't really like it.. a little "kao beh kao bu...she should try to sing Frozen's Let it go in a Beyonce style..

Li Jian, most likely to stay in the middle of the range...no ups and no downs.. 3rd to 6th positions-type of results expected for the rest of the series...the final show is slated on Good Friday..3rd April 2015.

I personally feel that Hu Yan Bin doesn't deserve to go in this episode. There is absolutely nothing wrong with rearranging the song to make it "theirs".This is far more better than just singing the original.

Han Hong underperformed this week. I felt wierd listening to 海阔天空. Like no emotions at all.

Sun Nan... Totally overestimated him.

A Lin has very nice vocals, and her songs never failed to impress me.

Zhang Liang Ying totally didn't deserve No.1. Hiring Beyonce's singers doesn't mean you could get No.1. Yelling throughout the song doesn't deserve No. 1 too.

Li Jian is not likely to end up losing. He seems to be another Kit Chan to me but Based on the show, China singers always win, trust me.

Leo Ku, I totally got sick of his songs. Period.

The only singers that I like was Kit Chan, Hu Yan Bin and A Lin. Now two of the 3 are eliminated. Pls let A Lin stay.

Just my 2 cents.

• HendryTan changed the title to China's Singing Competition / Songs - 中国好声音 + 中国好歌曲 + 我是歌手 + 快乐男声 + 中国风 + 蒙面歌王 + 隐藏的歌手 + 中国新歌声 + 梦想的声音
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.