Male HQ

Bangkok ( Thailand ) - Massage / Sauna Compiled)

GachiMuchi

sorry, I've neglected this forum and missed this. just came back from some travels myself. the incident was many months ago, i'll still answer what i can remember, from the time i posted to what i learnt after.

On 5/8/2021 at 2:27 PM, InBangkok said:

All hotels have security in place, even if it is only cameras covering every part of every floor. Having stayed in several 3, 4 and 5 star hotels, the doors are sturdy and could definitely not be kicked down unless with 4 or 5 kicks. 

major thing to remember is that hotel staff was in cahoots. what i know is that the robber was knocking on his door, and some time later, my friend saw through the viewfinder that there was a hotel staff with him so he opened. once he tried to close the door on them, they kicked it in. door did not break, obviously. but it was enough to gain entry.

As I understand it, the cash requirement is 20K Thai baht which is now around S$850. But since the hotel guest lived in Thailand there would be no cash requirement. Also, he'd surely have most of his cash in a Thai bank account. In any case, I have never known anyone arriving in Thailand with a Thai home address being required to show evidence of any cash.

all i can say is that these are idealised situations and speculations. reality is much different. it may have transpired exactly as you imagined here, or it may not. but sometimes just the prospect of easy money is enough to tempt. and no matter what is given or collected by hotel, the Singapore passport itself still remains a great temptation. I know this firsthand, being singled out in situations once i am found to be an expat/travelling Singaporean. they see $$$$. and those were, and still is, desperate times for many thais. 

If the police arrest any foreigner, even just for questioning, they have quickly to notify the relevant embassy. It would not require a few days for a friend to realise he was missing. Besides, the hotel staff would have been heavily involved in the whole affair and would also have quickly informed the Embassy.

Then if the robber was actually working with someone in the hotel, the employee would know that the man had given a Bangkok address. If he'd given a Singapore address he would also have had to provide proof of his 14 day quarantine.

thai police may have contacted the embassy, sure. but they won't contact his acquaintances or friends. it's not their prerogative. the fact of the matter still stands that my friend was reported missing first after not showing up for a few dining appointments, then found to be in police custody/procedurals when the embassy corroborated the event. as for the hotel staff, very easy to feign no knowledge. even CCTV footage records visually, not audio and definitely not whatever that was conspired beforehand. unless the investigation uncovered some proven links between the robber and the staff, there is nothing conclusive. very common in thailand.

I live in Bangkok and never heard anything about this incident until I read it here. Frankly I find the whole thing virtually unbelievable! ...Sorry but the whole episode sounds very fishy. Do you have a newspaper article with details?

like i mentioned before, it's rare something like this would be reported. and even if it was surfaced to one or two of the countless thai printed media, who cares about a robbery gone bad amidst all the apocalypse of the pandemic? as for unbelievable or ridiculous, never take your own experience as a measure of the what the world can dish out. you will be sorely surprised time and time again. 

are you a singaporean in bangkok?

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 7:06 PM, Since u r here said:

1 is Sg
Thailand PM announces quarantine-free travel for visitors from 45 countries https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/thailand-pm-announces-quarantine-free-travel-visitors-45-countries-2259711?cid=FBcna

Good, but you need to return to Singapore also! And currently from Singapore's perspective,  Thailand not on list with no quarantine. 

If you got time to do Stay Home Notice for 2 weeks 10 days on return, then fine, then you can travel to Thailand. 

Also note the second dose vaccination numbers in Thailand still quite low, your massage boy might be a spreader... ok,

need to look at it.... The published infection numbers should not be trustworthy also.

Have to consider all factors... 

Better stay at home and safe the money for a bigger splurge next year...

Edited by singalion
corrected the time frame

On 10/29/2021 at 2:50 PM, Since u r here said:

Yes, you are right, quarantine are ten days now for Thailand.

But still anyone needs to afford 10 days either unpaid leave, paid leave etc.

And for Thailand on arrival in Singapore you need to go into a quarantine facility (SHN-Dedicated Facility (SDF)) and can't do the Stay At Home notice in your own home. (There is additional cost also for the quarantine) .

Foreign Residents (Long Term Pass Holder etc) to Singapore also require a re-entry permit for Thailand back to Singapore. Therefore, it may be that you travel out but have issues in getting back into Singapore... and then need to extend the stay in Thailand until you receive the permit to return.

It sounds good but need to factor in the risks and additional costs on return. (I hope you can agree on these points I made).

still no plans to return to the land of smiles. i know they are haemorrhaging badly from having international tourism wiped out for 2 years. initially, they were happy no farangs, and boasted that domestic tourism is enough, now they have to swallow a bitter pill.

cos even now that they open, if it is not advantageous for tourists like us, we will prefer to stay away. whether this continues to be a trend, for example another country becomes more convenient to travel to, the damage to thailand's tourism industry might be more long lasting than anticipated. 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 11/1/2021 at 5:09 AM, tomcat said:

still no plans to return to the land of smiles. i know they are haemorrhaging badly from having international tourism wiped out for 2 years. initially, they were happy no farangs, and boasted that domestic tourism is enough, now they have to swallow a bitter pill.

cos even now that they open, if it is not advantageous for tourists like us, we will prefer to stay away. whether this continues to be a trend, for example another country becomes more convenient to travel to, the damage to thailand's tourism industry might be more long lasting than anticipated. 

I think every country in the world is in the same boat. 

On 10/6/2021 at 4:34 PM, tomcat said:

are you a singaporean in bangkok?

Sorry, I have also not been following this thread recently. I'm European and now live in Bangkok after several decades in Hong Kong and Tokyo.

On 11/1/2021 at 5:09 PM, tomcat said:

Finally Thailand opened to dozens of countries on the first of this month, including Singapore. You have to prove you have had two doses of vaccine and have a negative covid test within 72 hours of travel. There is also a bit more paperwork which can be seen on the Thai Embassy website. But tourists are starting to return in their thousands. When it will return to 2019 levels, no one has a clue - maybe not till 2023. And that will very much depend on when Chinese tourists are allowed out of China because they made up the majority of tourists to Thailand.

You are right that the government has been a disaster this year and the tourism industry has suffered horribly. The wave of covid infections which started in late March was all but unnecessary if rich Thais had not flouted the rules and used illegal corrupt payments to enter the country and bring the virus back with them. But many countries more or less faced the same problems.

For gay tourists the problems are primarily that the gay scene was nearly decimated by the virus and many bars and saunas have been closed for over a year. Quite a few have died. Babylon is no more and the land has been sold for redevelopment. Several have reopened in Bangkok and others announced they will reopen soon. But from what I read, Pattaya is all but dead. Only the beer bars in Jomtien Complex are open. Sunee Plaza has I think just two bars still operating. Boyztown almost nothing. At present the rules state that bars cannot serve alcohol until December 1st. Restaurants may serve alcohol but only until 9:00 pm.

I'm not sure about massage spas as I expect it is much easier for them to have survived. On its web page the popular Senso on Soi Saladaeng states it is permanently closed. Arena and Prince both announced many months ago they were closing for good but may have had a change of heart. Best to check Facebook pages for the latest information.

On 11/9/2021 at 1:44 AM, Realitybitesjock said:

I think every country in the world is in the same boat. 

mindboggling comment. no other country has its GDP comprised majorly from tourism, so to say every country is the same as thailand is a bit.....uninformed.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest Thomas Toh Tongnam

Will Bangkok VTL be launched soon? 
I miss my Bangkok experience! 
Miss being treated like a royal queen at the Malaysia Hotel! 
anyone will go if have VTL?

On 11/13/2021 at 3:09 AM, subbtm said:

Are bars like hotmale and dreamboys still open and surviving? And since babylon is no longer, what other options are there for gay only hotels/resorts in BKK? 

I heard that DJ station is now operating.

opens 6pm, drinks close at 9pm and doors close at midnight.

On 11/12/2021 at 2:26 PM, tomcat said:

mindboggling comment. no other country has its GDP comprised majorly from tourism, so to say every country is the same as thailand is a bit.....uninformed.

On 11/12/2021 at 10:24 PM, Guest King said:

It's amazing how much rubbish you post on here without actually knowing anything or saying anything of value. Please look-up the composition of the GDP of Thailand before making idiotic remarks that "its GDP comprised majorly from tourism". Tourism accounts for about 20% of Thailand's GDP, and that includes both domestic and foreign tourists. It's a bit idiotic of you to call someone uninformed when you're completely ignorant. To be fair though, this is just the latest idiotic remark that you have made on this thread.

Hm. But tourism at 20% of GDP is a huge percentage. Most countries have a range of 1 - 2% only. For Singapore it is around 4 - 5% . 

Numbers from 2018/19 before Covid. 

On 11/21/2021 at 11:07 PM, singalion said:

Hm. But tourism at 20% of GDP is a huge percentage. Most countries have a range of 1 - 2% only. For Singapore it is around 4 - 5% . 

E X A C T L Y. 

Are the trolls here getting more dense?  🤣😂 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 11/21/2021 at 2:42 PM, passinthenight said:

sigh, that is so sad, it's actually offputting. and i thought 2 am closures were early!

those were the days!

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 11/21/2021 at 2:42 PM, passinthenight said:

That’s sad. So which means GBangkok shuts the same time as well?

On 11/27/2021 at 4:40 PM, maturechn said:

Hi Bro,

I am planning to visit bkk on end Jan to Feb 2022 , during the CNY period . For my usual praying n donations , could somebody who stay in bkk likes to give some updates about the situation there . 

Really appreciated . 

感谢与感恩。

1) Valid passport

2) Apply Thai pass & SHA hotel

https://web.thailandsha.com/shaextraplus

3) Buy VTL flight back

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/travel-info/vaccinated-travel-lanes/

On 1/21/2021 at 12:11 AM, Jonathandliai said:

Not sure how relevant this is but mind sharing which hotel or how many stars? eg if this is Grand Hyatt / St Regis level of hotel, then it's very alarming to be honest.

Hi Bro Jonathan

Thank you for your kind advise and reply . 

Just got here today, after much stressing about the Thailand Pass changes the past few days. Thankful that I’m not affected after all and so glad and relieved to make it.

It was surreal stepping off the plane into Suvarnabhumi. We were the only flight at the time. Checks were not too tedious as they only needed to see the Thailand Pass QR code and the pre-departure PCR results.

It didn’t really sink in that I’m finally in a foreign land, until I got into traffic on the expressway. And thanks to the fast track option offered by the hotel, I got my arrival PCR results within two hours and didn’t have to waste too much time isolating.

Went to VCK (V Club) for my first “massage”. There definitely weren’t as many guys as before, and standards suffered as well. I lucked out with a good massage from the guy I picked, and the afters were within expectations.

Looking forward to the rest of the trip!

• 2 weeks later...

Just went back from BKK for New year countdown. Spent 12 hours overnight in a SHA quarantine hotel till negative PCR results given, then I could head out. All shopping districts are fully reopened with huge crowds during Xmas and New Year. I downloaded their trace-together app "morchana", but simply never needed to use it anywhere. Massage shops are open but the number of male masseurs significantly dropped. Due to worrying about on arrival PCR test in SG, I didn't visit the dancing clubs, heard most ppl never wear masks there. Visited the yunomori onsen new branch near Silom and made a few new friends. They informed me that the Silom branch is now the most happening in BKK. Not sure when will the VTL be open again.

Edited by dragonfly_y

On 1/6/2022 at 4:45 PM, dragonfly_y said:

Just went back from BKK for New year countdown. Spent 12 hours overnight in a SHA quarantine hotel till negative PCR results given, then I could head out. All shopping districts are fully reopened with huge crowds during Xmas and New Year. I downloaded their trace-together app "morchana", but simply never needed to use it anywhere. Massage shops are open but the number of male masseurs significantly dropped. Due to worrying about on arrival PCR test in SG, I didn't visit the dancing clubs, heard most ppl never wear masks there. Visited the yunomori onsen new branch near Silom and made a few new friends. They informed me that the Silom branch is now the most happening in BKK. Not sure when will the VTL be open again.

wah you brave go bkk!

omg huge crowds sound very scary!

can go dancing and don't wear mask?!

nobody to enforce check-ins like sg??! 

also no red shirt prefects walking around right to bio people right!

the world outside of sg is so different!

now i suddenly feel sg is so safe and secure i think better don't travel first lah 

overseas really very scary!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bangkok is just as safe and secure as Singapore. The locals all wear masks outdoors and indoors. The crowds don't seem so big anymore without the tourists. Most of the shopping areas incl MBK and CentralWorld are more quiet during weekdays when locals have to go work. 

No check in with MorChana now - the disease is endemic. 

No dancing. All the clubs like DJ are closed. 

Soi 4 bars now converted to "restaurants" and can serve alcohol till 11pm from next week. 

Saunas are still open except Babylon RIP. 

On 1/23/2022 at 11:43 AM, TopChinese said:

Bangkok is just as safe and secure as Singapore. The locals all wear masks outdoors and indoors. The crowds don't seem so big anymore without the tourists. Most of the shopping areas incl MBK and CentralWorld are more quiet during weekdays when locals have to go work. 

Soi 4 bars now converted to "restaurants" and can serve alcohol till 11pm from next week. 

Thank you for the update.

On 1/23/2022 at 11:43 AM, TopChinese said:

looks like it is stabilised. I also follow some daily life vlogs in Bangkok. the malls are still as full as ever though. only tourist sites are empty cos no tourists. 

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Bangkok is now doable over a long weekend. Test n Go applications will resume from Feb 1 which means approvals can come 3-4 days right after CNY holidays. Under the new VTL, you just need 2 PCR tests, the first taken 2 days before your flight to BKK, and the second taken on arrival can also serve as your pre-departure test if your stay is less than 48 hours.

Plenty of time to enjoy some amazing street food and the shopping. Tomcat is right that the malls are busy with locals over weekends and weeknights just like Singapore. MBK was very quiet on the Wed afternoon I went since everyone still working. 

The bars are gradually coming back to life with the new 11pm curfew. DJ is supposed to reopen this week as well. 

Prime Massage on Silom Soi 6 is very good and popular with local gays. A 2-hour foot and body massage by a strong muscular guy (they all look that way) is only 500 baht (S$20) plus 200 baht tip. Extras offered if you like..

Edited by TopChinese

On 1/26/2022 at 12:17 PM, Sudu said:

I think u missed the new update to this test and go where u need to have a second night booked on day 5 with pcr test prepaid before submitting your application for thailand pass. 

Yes the second PCR test and isolation is applicable if you stay more than 4 nights. I was giving the example of a 3 day weekend in Bangkok - which is the usual thing we all used to do before this pandemic. 

A far more relaxed itinerary could be to fly into Phuket to chill on the beach for a few days and then fly to Bangkok on day 5 for the prepaid compulsory PCR test before flying back on the VTL flight from BKK to SIN. 

Lots of options to consider. 

On 1/8/2022 at 5:43 PM, tomcat said:

Any updates? lol thinking of going over march to april.

Sorry for replying so late. I went back to V Club a few times after that, and tried Pla, Tae and Bobby. Pla and Bobby are hot and perfect for fun - massage was not the focus.

Speaking of focus, I’m enamored of Focus at I-Come Massage. He’s one of the most handsome masseurs I’ve ever encountered in Bangkok. Pity he doesn’t do more than body-to-body and a handjob. Or maybe I’m not his type… 😔

https://icomemassage.wixsite.com/i-comemassage/focus-1

Will be headed back to Bangkok for a one night stopover at the end of February.

On 1/26/2022 at 4:07 PM, Sudu said:

Hopefully what u say is true and we can hear someone here manage to get thailand pass approval without day5 booking

Test & Go applications will only reopen tomorrow morning, but information can be found on the Tourism Authority of Thailand website.

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/01/thailand-reopening-exemption-from-quarantine-test-go/

• The second RT-PCR test will not be required if the traveller’s length of stay is less than 5 nights, or his/her scheduled international departure date out of Thailand is on Day 5 or before. For example if the traveller plans to stay in Thailand for 3 days, then he/she does not have to undergo the second RT-PCR test, but he/she must leave for another country immediately. However, whether the traveller will be required to take another RT-PCR test depend on the airline and the final international destination.

I will be spending four nights in Khao Lak, before doing one night in Bangkok, and assuming I don’t have to take the second PCR because I arrive after 6pm at Phuket airport.

Kindly note that if you arrive during 00.01-18.00 Hrs., the day is Day 1. If you arrive during 18.01-00.00 Hrs., the day after is Day 1.

On 1/31/2022 at 3:54 PM, psarthmei said:

Test & Go applications will only reopen tomorrow morning, but information can be found on the Tourism Authority of Thailand website.

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/01/thailand-reopening-exemption-from-quarantine-test-go/

• The second RT-PCR test will not be required if the traveller’s length of stay is less than 5 nights, or his/her scheduled international departure date out of Thailand is on Day 5 or before. For example if the traveller plans to stay in Thailand for 3 days, then he/she does not have to undergo the second RT-PCR test, but he/she must leave for another country immediately. However, whether the traveller will be required to take another RT-PCR test depend on the airline and the final international destination.

I will be spending four nights in Khao Lak, before doing one night in Bangkok, and assuming I don’t have to take the second PCR because I arrive after 6pm at Phuket airport.

Kindly note that if you arrive during 00.01-18.00 Hrs., the day is Day 1. If you arrive during 18.01-00.00 Hrs., the day after is Day 1.

Most enlightening. Thank you very much. 

• G_M changed the title to Bangkok ( Thailand ) - Massage / Sauna Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.