Male HQ

Runners Den

2 hours ago, MikeC said:

Thanks... will wait for venue for The Performance Race 4 before deciding whether to go for it. SCM - aim for HM next year :) 

Thanks!  Signed up for Safra liao

YOLO - shirtless... hmmm may become distracted ;) 

Yup, really useful website. Thanks man :) 

I have also signed up for AHM and YOLO.   You can consider Yellow Ribbon too which is on 4 Sep.  The finish point is at Changi Prison.

3 hours ago, MikeC said:

If yellow ribbon is about integrating back into society, shouldn't starting point be Changi Prison and finish point be OUTSIDE Changi Prison, lol 

Their motto is: "Road to Acceptance".  That probably explains the public has to end the race inside the prison compound, and to form a human yellow ribbon in the big field.

32 minutes ago, orionmiz said:

Ooo I've done 3 times too, from 2011 to 2013.

Thinking of races in Europe or US.

Wow! Awesome! I had mine from 2014 to 2016. Very tempted to do again next year. Europe n USA kinda far and expensive ... Thinking of Taiwan for my next run too.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone runs around the Bedok Reservoir area? My usual running length is about 10km; recent pb just under 50 mins (usual speed is abt 55 mins) =)

would be nice to have a running partner every now and then!

7 minutes ago, cw1989 said:

Anyone runs around the Bedok Reservoir area? My usual running length is about 10km; recent pb just under 50 mins (usual speed is abt 55 mins) =)

would be nice to have a running partner every now and then!

Wow... 10km in 50 mins...

For IPPT 2.4km is 12mins.

For 10km that is consider fast !

5 minutes ago, marcoc said:

Wow... 10km in 50 mins...

For IPPT 2.4km is 12mins.

For 10km that is consider fast !

Hehe my 2.4km is faster la. 10 mins flat. I'd like to get a running partner for longer distances (above 10km) cos otherwise it's really boring...

3 minutes ago, cw1989 said:

Hehe my 2.4km is faster la. 10 mins flat. I'd like to get a running partner for longer distances (above 10km) cos otherwise it's really boring...

i can try to join u after work (on non soccer days) or sat mornings  

pm u my line id

3 minutes ago, cw1989 said:

My last IPPT was close to 11min.. =(

I used to do 10km in just below 50mins; best time for 2.4km was 9min flat.

That was like so so long ago.. and a reminder how time flies!

Nowadays, I just run to keep fit. Do my best, but don't over stress. After all, running is something I really enjoy.

Btw, 2XU run is open for registration. 2 Apr 2017.

On 17/08/2016 at 3:46 PM, cw1989 said:

Consider running with music?

1 hour ago, thorzguy said:

I used to do 10km in just below 50mins; best time for 2.4km was 9min flat.

That was like so so long ago.. and a reminder how time flies!

Nowadays, I just run to keep fit. Do my best, but don't over stress. After all, running is something I really enjoy.

Btw, 2XU run is open for registration. 2 Apr 2017.

Consider running with music?

Hehe prefer running with as little stuff on me as possible (i mean other than clothes), usually dont even bring my phone with me haha!

I also hate running rounds cos you see the same thing more than once...basically i'm just very restless la hahaha

I have just signed up for next year's Sundown full marathon and 2xu half.

Have several races lined up this year: two half marathons: the Army half, the Otter Run,

Two more races later: The 32km Newton Challenge and StanChart full marathon.

Will most likely be doing the Montreal marathon next year and am considering the KL, Kota Kinabalu, Jakarta and BKK ones as well. :)

Damn...by very early next year, I will be eligible for the veterans' (aka, old people's) category. HA!

Edited by PaterTenebrarum

On 18/08/2016 at 4:58 PM, cw1989 said:

Hehe prefer running with as little stuff on me as possible (i mean other than clothes), usually dont even bring my phone with me haha!

I also hate running rounds cos you see the same thing more than once...basically i'm just very restless la hahaha

Mobile phones nowadays are so huge that it can smash any cockroach to death instantly.

Get a music player instead. With an arm or waistband, is almost hands free running. You may stuff your keys/cards/cash etc in too.

I dislike going rounds too. At least a round of bedok reservoir is 4.3km. I hate stadiums (400m), like endless round to me. But the impact on your knees are so much better on track than others.

On 19/08/2016 at 9:44 PM, PaterTenebrarum said:

I have just signed up for next year's Sundown full marathon and 2xu half.

Have several races lined up this year: two half marathons: the Army half, the Otter Run,

Two more races later: The 32km Newton Challenge and StanChart full marathon.

Will most likely be doing the Montreal marathon next year and am considering the KL, Kota Kinabalu, Jakarta and BKK ones as well. :)

Damn...by very early next year, I will be eligible for the veterans' (aka, old people's) category. HA!

You are damn good! Still considering 2XU, and probably hang up my shoes after that...

12 hours ago, MikeC said:

Thank goodness haze disappeared this morning.  

Enjoyed my first SAFRA run today.

Hated the bottlenecks though where they narrowed the running path as it was next to the road.  Next year will train for 21 km :) but find it strange that so many people were walking for 21 km, think they should just sign up for 10 km.

It was indeed a good run. The hydration points are good and sufficient. Walking? I did walk a few times, chinese saying "lau hong" already. No phone with me, so not catching pokemon. Didn't play that game anyway.

10 hours ago, PaterTenebrarum said:

Thanks Thorzguy *  blush *

I did the 21 Army Half marathon. Aimed to complete 21km at 2 h or below. But didnt today.

2h 2 mins. Darn. Shouldnt have taken dat bathroom break :(

I was aiming for below 2hrs as well! I was doing very fine (crossed the 11km mark at 49min)....but just after the 15km, loses all steam already.. The problem for not training well and enough.

Ended up with 2hr 1min....

9 hours ago, PaterTenebrarum said:

That means we were very close then. Haha! :)

Am sure you will still be doing more runs (than I do) -  you will definitely hit below 2hrs!

2 hours ago, MikeC said:

True, there was a bottleneck at the point where the 21 km runners meet the 10 km runners, then worsened by the narrowing of lanes later on.  Guess it kills the running momentum of many runners and difficult to get momentum back again.  

Btw what is the time limit to get finisher-T for 21 km run? Or until event ends, which would be around 10 am? 

Was there a bottleneck? The only weird thing I encounter was some NS (active) boys.. run run run... then looking at their phones (phones either on waist or armbands).... then suddenly they veered off course (cannot be pee cos is like open field). I interpret that as Pokemon! Lol.

There is no time limit to the finisher tee. Organisers goes by cut off time, which is 4hrs for 21km.

15 hours ago, MikeC said:

I was doing 10 km run and at the point where the 21 km runners and 10 km runners meet, a continuous stream of 21 km participants walk in, hence causing slight bottleneck at first though not that bad cause they widened that part of the path slightly to accommodate both groups.  Then slightly further down, there was a water point where they narrowed the lanes again with barricades, worsening the bottleneck.  Not sure why they narrowed the lanes at the water point - thought they should have widened it so as to accommodate those who wish to stop to drink and allow others to pass by?

It maybe due to the (limited) lanes closure? I didn't pay too much attention. I usually grab a cup, do a brisk walk while sipping, then throw the cup into the trash bag or bin, then continue.

Walking or slower runners are fine. Just keep to the left please. I have met some runners, walking but somehow in the middle of the lane... I usually keep so left that I walk on the yellow lines; can walk in peace too. :)

I did the ST Run 2014. It was their first time doing a half marathon (me too)...and from there on I learn -  The flag off time is very important.

The 21km started something like 5.30am? The 10km flag off was an hour later. I tell you, towards Tanjong Rhu area where the route and runners merged, can die! All cluster fxxk together!! Furthermore, people came with selfie stick - selfie, wefie, groupfie... Faint...

OMG OMG OMG!

http://www.rundisney.com/disneyworld-marathon/

A marathon thru Disneyland in Florida.

And then there's the Dopey challenge where runners compete 5K, 10K, 21K and 42K runs over four different days back to back.

Sounds really fun. But damn, EXPENSIVE as fuck.

Edited by PaterTenebrarum

This morning's YRR was gruelling - the heat, the upslopes... :swear:. Not to mention my MP3 player died minutes after I started. Had to walk a distance to catch my breath before resuming jogging. On hindsight, there were several cuties - runners (2 shirtless!), road marshals, prison services personnel

On 9/3/2016 at 5:35 PM, PaterTenebrarum said:

OMG OMG OMG!

http://www.rundisney.com/disneyworld-marathon/

A marathon thru Disneyland in Florida.

And then there's the Dopey challenge where runners compete 5K, 10K, 21K and 42K runs over four different days back to back.

Sounds really fun. But damn, EXPENSIVE as fuck.

So anyway planning to do the Waltz Disney World Marathon race? The Dopey challenge is sold out though, can try the Goofy's race instead.

Edit: Seems like the Dopey challenge is available again.

Edited by orionmiz

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...