Male HQ

Runners Den

Wish I had the time to do a marathon

Now my running schedule is changed to 3 x a week, Monday Wed Fri morning, 515am to 630am ( including warm up)

Starts from my place mid Balestier..Moulmein...Novena Sq...Newton..Scotts Rd..CK Tang..Scotts Rd...Newton...Novena..Thomson Medical Centre..then back to Balestier

Its quite fun actually. Quite surprised to see quite a few runners and cyclist exercising at such hours

I find it very inspiring

Now my running schedule is changed to 3 x a week, Monday Wed Fri morning, 515am to 630am ( including warm up)

Youre such an inspiration yourself?

Starts from my place mid Balestier..Moulmein...Novena Sq...Newton..Scotts Rd..CK Tang..Scotts Rd...Newton...Novena..Thomson Medical Centre..then back to Balestier

Its quite fun actually. Quite surprised to see quite a few runners and cyclist exercising at such hours

I find it very inspiring

quick question to all you experienced runners here: I am aiming for a full marathon mid next year. My target is under 5 hours. 

Currently i do 7-8km 5-6 days a week, average pace 6.45 min per km, with increase in heart rate (no heavy breathing, can still talk). I follow up with sprinting for HIIT.

Does no increase in heart rate mean i can safely run a marathon within my target time? 

U r well prepared btm slut. U might wanna breakdown to 3-4 days a week where weekday 7km, weekend 10-12km. Remember one week Bef SCM. U must rest more...sleep more...carbo more..if u wanna run..choose tues n thurs...so u have more rest.

All the best for ya SCM. Do buy yasslf a rock tape at the expo or apply tiger rub on ya legs...n pls do not stop when u run...if not u will lose ya momentum. If u cant slow jog...breathe in out...

My last few years SCM timing...target 4hr 30mins...i end 4hr 44mins...

Sundown target 5Hr...end up 4Hr 46mins.

Good luck n hope to see u next year running events.

All the best to those running scm tmr!

42Km at orchard quite congested

21km n 10km nice routes.

Bluerunner u malay? U dah sign up for it?

Am still considering to run next year or concentrate more to gym...

Merry xmas! N happy new year!

I be home sleeping.

Guest Sport-coholic

I find it very inspiring

I'm starting to try out FIRST program <http://www.runnersworld.com/race-training/run-less-run-faster>. You may want to read it up.

Next year so many running events. Gonna start from base due to not enough mileage. Need to clock more. 12-20km weekly.

My signature full marathon gonna be SCM 2015.

My half will be sundown,army half marathon,2xu run,run 350 and real run.

My favourites 10km will be jurong lake run,safari run and pocari sweat run.

Depends on 10km and below for new running events (save $).

Keep clocking and training!

-Sg charmed

Edited by SG Charmed

I run long dist too.

Did StanChart this year. Was doing really good...then..disaster struck at the 35km mark. Had a HUGE cramp on my claves. Came without a warning. I was like "FUUCCKK." Had to slow down to a walk for 3km..then jogged really slowly towards the end. Cramps are very unpredictable.

Felt like shit cos I was not tired, but once the cramps strucks. I started hobbling. Was fucked up cos I do regular long runs...

I run run 12-15km on Tues, 12-15km Thurs and 21-30km on Sat

And do weight traning on Wed, Fri and Sun.

Most of the time, I run fro Kallang Riverside, one round around Marina Bay, towards Marina Barrage, across the bridge to Tg Rhu, up Benjamin Sears and back to Kallng Riverside. That's about 13km. For extra, I'd add little detours.

For 21-30km, I will add Orchard Road/Scotts.

And one in a while, I will take a cab to Changi Point and run back, run along Changi coast Rd. Changi Point to Ford Road area is about 21km. :)

Edited by PaterTenebrarum

Hmm. I was at sports hub earlier this year in oct/nov. I used the lockers at ocbc arena, where the badminton halls were.

They were free to use by public.

You may wanna check it out again guys.

I called up the sports hub info line before I went...

They r quite nice and will let you know about the lockers usage.

Guest Sport-coholic

Next year so many running events. Gonna start from base due to not enough mileage. Need to clock more. 12-20km weekly.

My signature full marathon gonna be SCM 2015.

My half will be sundown,army half marathon,2xu run,run 350 and real run.

My favourites 10km will be jurong lake run,safari run and pocari sweat run.

Depends on 10km and below for new running events (save $).

Keep clocking and training!

-Sg charmed

There's no army half marathon next year; think they are busy with SG50 celebrations.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice weather to run for Safari Run yesterday (12km). Our zoo is so difference now.

And the runners convenction huge turn out! Was there after run to collect marina bay dash run race pack....

Next race is marina bay dash run (5km) didnt join the marina bay run on 14 feb coz part time work.

Considering the green corridor run...

Meanwhile back to clock mileage prior race + gym (strength) + relaxing swim (condition)

Hope to break my personal best (5km-42km) and maintain my bodyfat. Too active give you so much cravings...ha..ha

• 4 weeks later...

Most runs are as per normal according to organizers.

This sat and sun is race pack collection at sengkang cc for northeast run.

This sun is Green Corridor Run 10km.

Hope i beat my pb.

-sg charmed.

Wow! This weekend gonna be a busy race pack collection!

Carnival Run @ Punggol CC

Running Hour @ City Square Mall

2XU Run @ Novena, Velocity

Fairprice Walk/Jog @ Kallang Wave Mall

15 March, Sun is Northeast Compression Run @ Sengkang

Stay hydrated! Sleep well and hope you beat ya PB too!

Wow! This weekend gonna be a busy race pack collection!

Carnival Run @ Punggol CC

Running Hour @ City Square Mall

2XU Run @ Novena, Velocity

Fairprice Walk/Jog @ Kallang Wave Mall

15 March, Sun is Northeast Compression Run @ Sengkang

Stay hydrated! Sleep well and hope you beat ya PB too!

runninghr and 2xu race pack collected. lol.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall..

Run350 race pack collection starts tmr, fri @ 11am-8pm @ Orchard Central (Check ya personal email for the info)

Sat, 21 march - Carnival 5km Run @ 6pm @ Bedok Reservoir. Stay hydrated and hope you beat ya PB.

Sun, 22 march - Running Hour @ 7am @ Marina Bay. Stay hydrated and hope you beat ya PB.

I gonna rest n carbo loading before race.

-sg charmed