Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

Guest AmosClock

The rules are meant to instill monetary discipline and create certain restriction so as not to let the market get too carried away. Do you know that there are many greedy property agent that told many potential buyers this "Prices will never come down, buy bigger so you will earn more in the future"

Yes, I understand the rule is meant to instill financial discipline. But I felt it was too strict to set the mortgage servicing ratio at 30%.

Yeah, agents say many things, but potential buyers should do their homework and find out that prices did decline in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

In todays paper......

Seems once the quoto for 2roomers are met for first timers and 2nd timers...

Then balance unsold will be released to single applications...

Wah it took them so long to be logical about it :clap: ....gosh :D

So I see those who applied  for the unsold flats this round will stand a better chance indeed.

It was reported last application saw 9000+ singles applying or which 4500 applied again.

So suddenly 4500 who applied the first time suddenly lost interest. hmmm

Here's to Arthur and to hopefully some of us here will be neighbours soon :whistle:  :whistle:

In todays paper......

So I see those who applied  for the unsold flats this round will stand a better chance indeed.

It was reported last application saw 9000+ singles applying or which 4500 applied again.

Here's to Arthur and to hopefully some of us here will be neighbours soon :whistle:  :whistle:

That is typical mannerism of Singaporean.....Kiasu-ism. When lot of people vie for the slot...even not very interested also must go in and fight for slot. Got it liao....then give up lor. :yuk:

Lucky for this kinda kiasu people....I now can have chance to applt for balance flat....if I got the earlier punggol BTO, I still need to wait 3 years plus to move in, now i apply for balance, i can get the key right after and save the waiting time. ^_^

Here's to the Kiasu people......

I did some calculation based on takeup rate of first n second timers with the balance not taken up going to singles.

In Sembawang and woodlands...all first n second timers will get a flat as takeup rate is less then quota.

The ratio of single application to available flats was 10.4 in sembawang n 7.2 in woodlands.

After the news release today...I worked it out to be 4/1 for sembawang and just 3/1 for woodlands.

Its a simple rough ratio as criteria for race is not taken into account.

Goodluck guys :D

I did some calculation based on takeup rate of first n second timers with the balance not taken up going to singles.

In Sembawang and woodlands...all first n second timers will get a flat as takeup rate is less then quota.

The ratio of single application to available flats was 10.4 in sembawang n 7.2 in woodlands.

After the news release today...I worked it out to be 4/1 for sembawang and just 3/1 for woodlands.

Its a simple rough ratio as criteria for race is not taken into account.

Goodluck guys :D

Meaning to say out of 4 application of the singles, 1 will likely to get it for Sembawang estate? :huh:

Just heard a good news from a taxi uncle who lived at Sembawang.... Think within walking distance from the 2-room Flat, Montreal Dale and Montreal Ville, there will be a new MRT station there soon called Simpang in 2016 and working concurrently with the new Punggol21 project, the vacant patch of land opposite the 2 BTO flats might be turning into a small town centre and a expressway will run through to join Sembawang to Punggol. I was overwhelmed by the new and hope that my application for the Montreal Dale will be successful. ^_^

Anyone living in Sembawang can clarify if this piece of new is genuine?

Edited by HydroNaut

The rules are meant to instill monetary discipline and create certain restriction so as not to let the market get too carried away. Do you know that there are many greedy property agent that told many potential buyers this "Prices will never come down, buy bigger so you will earn more in the future"

its true. price will drop but not to the kind its going to be verrry cheap. the best is to buy now cos price will definitely go up in years to come and the dollars u paying now will be smaller.

Just heard a good news from a taxi uncle who lived at Sembawang.... Think within walking distance from the 2-room Flat, Montreal Dale and Montreal Ville, there will be a new MRT station there soon called Simpang in 2016 and working concurrently with the new Punggol21 project, the vacant patch of land opposite the 2 BTO flats might be turning into a small town centre and a expressway will run through to join Sembawang to Punggol. I was overwhelmed by the new and hope that my application for the Montreal Dale will be successful. ^_^

Is this the line you are talking about, Thomson Line. http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/public-transport/projects/thomson-line.html

Singapore-MRT-LRT-Network-Future.jpg

In todays paper......

Really? Didnt read newspaper. :P Indeed very gd news, esp for singles who applied in woodlands n sembawang, cos only these two area with the highest number of balance flat available.

Half of the singles didnt apply in the sep BTO! Cld be these gp of singles just apply for the fun of it in last round BTO?!

Anyway, for those who didnt get a flat in previous BTO, cld be a blessing if tis round got the flat under the balance units, cos can get flat immediately. :)

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

HydroNaut /Alien

Say you got offered but not Montreal Dale or Ville will you still be interested? I think there is another spot available nearer sunPlaza.

Anyone who got lucky on the last BTO ballot....plse share how was the selection process offered? Is there a queue number for choosing etc. thnx

Edited by Marineboy

HydroNaut /Alien

Say you got offered but not Montreal Dale or Ville will you still be interested? I think there is another spot available nearer sunPlaza.

Anyone who got lucky on the last BTO ballot....plse share how was the selection process offered? Is there a queue number for choosing etc. thnx

I went recee for Montreal Dale....seem like the best choice for me. I dun think there is a nearer one. Which one you referring to? But I went to recee in the middle of the night, I sneaked into the construction site and went for my round, Montreal Dale had a very good view  of the nearby park on block 591C. Hope can get that block. ^_^  

HydroNaut /Alien

There are 3 different site at sembawang, mainly canberra st, sembanwang dr and montreal link. Only canberra st site need to wait 2-3 yrs for the flats to be build. The other two site have completed n can get keys early 2014. The site whoch near sun plaza shld be montreal link n the flats located near some landed houses, n the design of the flat looks nicer.

I am ok for any site in sembanwang but most prefer the sembawang dr.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I was checking out blk 463A along Senb Dr..those were up and ready as well.........

Wah hydro ehsai leh...go recce at unearthly hour..i think ghost prob scared of you haha kidding.

Overall I kinda like sembawang as its yet to be crowded :D

Will see what happens after he balloting then.

So looks like only 3 of us here for sembawang I think. The rest quiet quiet :whistle:  maybe that's it also ;)

I was checking out blk 463A along Senb Dr..those were up and ready as well.........

Wah hydro ehsai leh...go recce at unearthly hour..i think ghost prob scared of you haha kidding.

So looks like only 3 of us here for sembawang I think. The rest quiet quiet :whistle: maybe that's it also ;)

The montreal link site still have not completed yet, so i guess if u want to get inside to see the actual blk, then have to go at unearthly hour.

The blk463A already have pple moved in liao, so confirmed were up n ready.

Actually i never pay any attention n interested in sembawang, only during tis round BTO balance flat then i realise sembawang not a bad place.

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

So looks like only 3 of us here for sembawang I think. The rest quiet quiet :whistle:  maybe that's it also ;)

Great minds think alike... Sembawang is also good place to stay as it is also near Woodlands Causeway. Maybe if we are neighbors next time.....we can organized weekend shopping and short trip to JB to makan shopping, KTV and massage. ^_^

Dunno if you play mj, part of the reason i got the flat is also for convenience of organizing mj sessions. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my reply.... anyone can advise me what this is trying to say?

"Your balloted queue position for a 2-Room in Sembawang is 624. As your queue position exceeds the 269 units of flats on offer, we may invite you to select a flat depending on the availability of flats and ethnic quota. "

Is it successful or not? :blink:

"Your balloted queue position for a 2-Room in Sembawang is 624. As your queue position exceeds the 269 units of flats on offer, we may invite you to select a flat depending on the availability of flats and ethnic quota. "

hdb has kiv your application

you've a very slim chance unless there're a lot of rejected applications

Mine even worse......queue 700 goodness....looks like kana makan $10 again.

Strange thing is that why bother is reply about ethnic quota if got no hope.

Also seems with every application your queue number goes up the ladder...how is that possible with balloting?? Obviously balloting is not random!!

Last application got no queue number just outright....thanks but please try again....much like gaming hahaha

Well we wait n see the next round I suppose :D

My no 335....think no chance also:(

Hello where did you apply for??

Ooo no queue number at all. Was this your first time? Don't suppose so right?

I don't really see a queue number of 700 possible when only 329 units were available right.

Anyway will see what the next launch is offering.

prior to this application, i applied for sengkang

the next sales launch @ bukit batok & woodlands and i'll probably give it a miss

prior to this application, i applied for sengkang

the next sales launch @ bukit batok & woodlands and i'll probably give it a miss

Maybe woodlands chances higher cos many pple dun like woodlands.

Anyway, if queue number is 624, then must have 355 pple reject select flats then have chance. Cos units available is 269. But they didnt say how many of these 269 units left are for singles?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I find it weird...total number of 2room avail is 269 for sembawang.

Max 269 can reject only mah...

Unless the queue number is not location specific?

So Alien did you get it? Since you didn't say so. :D

The queue number is location specific. So if ur queue number is 500, so meaning if u have applied for sembawang BTO, u are in the queue number of 500 out of the total 269 units available for selection. And u might still given an invitation package and appointment date to go down to hdb, then maybe on the day itself see ur luck still have any units leftover for u to select or not. But even have also might left those very low level or unit facing no gd flat.

Haha, not so lucky, got a queue number but exceeds the total units available. :(

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

So are we consider still first timer if we are not called in for flat selection? They send me email stating something like below: 

"If you are invited to book a flat, the additional ballot chances (if any) accumulated from your past unsuccessful BTO attempts are considered to have been used up."

What does it means? :huh:

So are we consider still first timer if we are not called in for flat selection? They send me email stating something like below: 

"If you are invited to book a flat, the additional ballot chances (if any) accumulated from your past unsuccessful BTO attempts are considered to have been used up."

What does it means? :huh:

it does not apply to singles as we do not get additional ballot chances for unsuccessful bto attempts

Wah like that I hope they wont consider as first offer...if reject then one more time reject cannot apply for one year????

This way better they don't call n wait for next round I feel.

Think only when there are still flats available for you to select n u reject to select from the leftover flats, then it is consider one time liao. If there is not a single flats available on ur appointment day, dun think it is consider first offer used up.

Anyway, feel so sad now having to miss tis bto balance flat chance. Cos think tis is the only chance tht there are so many balance flats available in bto, n chance to get a flat instantly. The coming bto all have to wait 3-4 yrs before flat is ready, think by the time i get a flat already very old liao. :(

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

it does not apply to singles as we do not get additional ballot chances for unsuccessful bto attempts

Correct, tis clause doesnt apply to singles as we do not enjoy additional chances in our bto if our previous bto not sucessful.

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Mine even worse......queue 700 goodness....looks like kana makan $10 again.

Strange thing is that why bother is reply about ethnic quota if got no hope.

Also seems with every application your queue number goes up the ladder...how is that possible with balloting?? Obviously balloting is not random!!

Last application got no queue number just outright....thanks but please try again....much like gaming hahaha

Well we wait n see the next round I suppose :D

Hello where did you apply for??

Looked back on the BTO jul 2 rm flat units, all the flats are taken up in all areas, from level 2 to highest level pple also want! I believe all these takers shld all come from singles application. Other units like 3,4 & 5 rm flat still have many leftover. Looks like from jul BTO onwards, there shld be no more chance of leftover 2 rm flat. Unless all singles have fufilled of getting a BTO flat.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Like that don't know how many times must I apply before getting a flat and pay application fees to HDB.

Like i said before, think by the the time i managed to get the BTO flat, i am already very old liao!

Anyway, even i have one colleague married n applied for BTO think have at least 8-10 times, and yet cld not lucky to get one. So in the end bought a resale flat.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Think only when there are still flats available for you to select n u reject to select from the leftover flats, then it is consider one time liao. If there is not a single flats available on ur appointment day, dun think it is consider first offer used up.

Anyway, feel so sad now having to miss tis bto balance flat chance. Cos think tis is the only chance tht there are so many balance flats available in bto, n chance to get a flat instantly. The coming bto all have to wait 3-4 yrs before flat is ready, think by the time i get a flat already very old liao. :(

Yah lor Alien....I can only hope they open up the unsold BTO any size to single....I say again those unsold n not taken up hor,

I also think at this rate...get bto need to use tongkat...n tongkat ali too keke

If you read the minister's statement, they aim to clear the back log in the coming few BTO exercise; construction 3-4 years; just in time for the 2016 election.

Saw site preparation work at Simpang Kiri near Sembawang, suspect it is for BTO.

If you read the minister's statement, they aim to clear the back log in the coming few BTO exercise; construction 3-4 years; just in time for the 2016 election.

Saw site preparation work at Simpang Kiri near Sembawang, suspect it is for BTO.

What has ge2016 got to.do.with this? U rather hdb push it to 2018?

The selection exercise for the flat shld starts in mid nov, so maybe it will takes abt 1 wk or so for those who are within the total units available application to clear, then hdb can moved down the queue number to those who are beyond the queue number. Maybe by the time shld quite near end of nov. Usually the next BTO exercise to apply starts last wk of the mth. U shld able to case close ur current BTO application, n decide if u want to apply in the next round BTO.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

• Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.