Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

Well, it also shows the large amount of singles out there. :)

Not only large number of singles out there, it also means there are also large number of singles earning 5k and less.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/2-room-flats-draw-strong/828708.html

Marine boy, that is my source of information.

Wish all gay applicants get the flats they desired....

Ok thnx...just need to read their updates...they did not cover areas like woodlands...bukitPanjang...Sembawang..half baked reporting hahaha :P

Ok thnx...just need to read their updates...they did not cover areas like woodlands...bukitPanjang...Sembawang..half baked reporting hahaha :P

No need to cover cos u can find out in the application status. All the areas including unpopular places like woodlands, the application received all exceeded a lot than the 30% of the total units allocated for singles. So i think many singles have to be disappointed again in tis round BTO.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I am a bit confused here....the Hougang 2-Room Flats that are hot favorite for this time round is the balance flats from previous BTO right?

If it is so, the successful balloters wouldn't have to wait for any 3 years to built and can move in and get the the keys if successful in the ballot right?

I am a bit confused here....the Hougang 2-Room Flats that are hot favorite for this time round is the balance flats from previous BTO right?

If it is so, the successful balloters wouldn't have to wait for any 3 years to built and can move in and get the the keys if successful in the ballot right?

I think becomes hot as they are offering them to singles the unsold ones for the first time.

However I am not sure if the quota for singles remains the same for the unsold ones too?

If that is the case..it may still remain unsold as there were no takers until its offered to singles right! hmmm

No need to cover cos u can find out in the application status. All the areas including unpopular places like woodlands, the application received all exceeded a lot than the 30% of the total units allocated for singles. So i think many singles have to be disappointed again in tis round BTO.

Ok thnx but I believe they only show whats available for the unsold ones...does not show you the update on how many applicants there right? ok later I go figure out . Cheers

I think becomes hot as they are offering them to singles the unsold ones for the first time.

However I am not sure if the quota for singles remains the same for the unsold ones too?

If that is the case..it may still remain unsold as there were no takers until its offered to singles right! hmmm

I just got the info on the website with the disclaimers that due to the low supply for the Hougang flats...it is only available to Married and those applying with Parents.

Another way to cheat people $$$, even if it is mere $10. If you click submit as Single applicants....your $10 will be penalised, cause I read there is a part that mentioned if your application doesn't fulfilled the requirement stated....you $10 will be penalised.

Dunno how many singles got cheated of their $10... :yuk:

So you really have to read between the lines sometimes.

Edited by HydroNaut

Ok thnx but I believe they only show whats available for the unsold ones...does not show you the update on how many applicants there right? ok later I go figure out . Cheers

Here's the link for No of Applications Received

Not only hougang, majority of the balance flats from previous BTO also completed n no need to wait 3 yrs to built. But all the balance from previous BTO are over demand than supply. U must be super lucky in order to get selected. Rem only 30% is allocates to singles.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Not only hougang, majority of the balance flats from previous BTO also completed n no need to wait 3 yrs to built. But all the balance from previous BTO are over demand than supply. U must be super lucky in order to get selected. Rem only 30% is allocates to singles.

30% allocated to singles...but what happens for those unsold ones of previous launches...is there still a 30% allocation...what if its taken up n still there are unsold 2roomers??

I think for the unsold ones...all these flats are available to everyone incl singles since the takeup rate is done. 30% is for initial launches only....I think this makes sense....or am I sprouting nonsense again hahaha ;P

Jcho......thanks for your link....looks like best chances right now is woodlands area :D

30% allocated to singles...but what happens for those unsold ones of previous launches...is there still a 30% allocation...what if its taken up n still there are unsold 2roomers??

I think for the unsold ones...all these flats are available to everyone incl singles since the takeup rate is done. 30% is for initial launches only....I think this makes sense....or am I sprouting nonsense again hahaha ;P

Jcho......thanks for your link....looks like best chances right now is woodlands area :D

you're welcome

gotta agree with you that all the additional 2-room flats should be allocated to singles only as nobody wants to buy them when they were put on sale as far back as early 2010

No leh, according to the total application received for those additional 2 rm flats from previous BTO, there are still application for first timers, sec timers n singles. And total units available is divided among these 3 gps which is 40%, 30% n 30% lor. But i noticed tht the bulk application for the balance flats come from singles.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

you're welcome

gotta agree with you that all the additional 2-room flats should be allocated to singles only as nobody wants to buy them when they were put on sale as far back as early 2010

Dun think hdb wld be so kind n gd to give all the balance units to singles.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I just submitted my application for Sembawang....yesterday went to do a site recee (Montreal Dale/Ville)....the place not bad, just beside the Park(Montreal Green) and at one corner (peace and quiet) and within walking distance to the MRT and Sun Plaza. Just wonder why not much ppl apply for Sembawang. I even notice that the Town Advisor is Knaw Boon Wan, the present Minister for HDB....it might be spell some sign of future development for Sembawang.

But one thing is...there are 4 developments concurring at Sembawang, you cannot choose which one you want...hope I can get Montreal Dale.

Furthermore, there is no selection for the floor levels....how do we know which floor we are given or can we choose when the ballot result are out?

Anyone can advise?

Edited by HydroNaut

Not many pple apply for sembawang? Tot the total application received is ard 800 as per now? If u apply for sembawang, u can choose either one of the balance units available if got selected. U can view the balance flats unit floor n unit number available in each project in the website.

666 singles applied to 5 units in Buangkok. only 1 in every 133 will get it. really like lucky draw.

U mean the balance flat in hougang? Tis balance flat doesnt open to singles, only married couples n families can apply.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

No leh, according to the total application received for those additional 2 rm flats from previous BTO, there are still application for first timers, sec timers n singles. And total units available is divided among these 3 gps which is 40%, 30% n 30% lor. But i noticed tht the bulk application for the balance flats come from singles.

Say there are 200 2roomers available...n they portion out into 3 groups...say first timers and 2nd timers get what they want since the application rate is low...shouldn't the rest go to group3?? after all its the balance 2roomers we are talking about here.

Somehow this is not clearly spelt out. Maybe the balance will be added on to yet another round...by then the flat may be a year old or more already if not enough takers from group 1 n 2.

Anyway lets see what happens after all its the first round of balance flat on offer :D

I just submitted my application for Sembawang....yesterday went to do a site recee (Montreal Dale/Ville)....the place not bad, just beside the Park(Montreal Green) and at one corner (peace and quiet) and within walking distance to the MRT and Sun Plaza. Just wonder why not much ppl apply for Sembawang. I even notice that the Town Advisor is Knaw Boon Wan, the present Minister for HDB....it might be spell some sign of future development for Sembawang.

But one thing is...there are 4 developments concurring at Sembawang, you cannot choose which one you want...hope I can get Montreal Dale.

Furthermore, there is no selection for the floor levels....how do we know which floor we are given or can we choose when the ballot result are out?

Anyone can advise?

Oh I also try for sembawang...also don't mind the ones ready at blk 436A...I recee n notice its a good 12-15min walk to sembawang station.

Prob the reason not much takers keke

I decided to tikam///hmm maybe we can be neighbours hahaha

666 singles applied to 5 units in Buangkok. only 1 in every 133 will get it. really like lucky draw.

Not bad if u compared July BTO! During tht BTO was abt 8000 application in one area only!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Say there are 200 2roomers available...n they portion out into 3 groups...say first timers and 2nd timers get what they want since the application rate is low...shouldn't the rest go to group3?? after all its the balance 2roomers we are talking about here.

Somehow this is not clearly spelt out. Maybe the balance will be added on to yet another round...by then the flat may be a year old or more already if not enough takers from group 1 n 2.

Anyway lets see what happens after all its the first round of balance flat on offer :D

I guess they still allocate 30% to singles regardless there are how many balance units. If tis round not much takers from the 1st n 2nd gp, then they shld snowball to the next BTO again until all the flat is taken up. If there is a chance for singles to get selected for the flàt, i think they wld not mind tht the flat already 1 year or more old, cos afterall the flat still consider brand new.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Oh I also try for sembawang...also don't mind the ones ready at blk 436A...I recee n notice its a good 12-15min walk to sembawang station.

Besid the 436A, the other project 591 also consider completed liao, if u select tht project also can get keys in next yr. I find sembawang flat design looks nicer n better than woodlands from tis balance flat. No wonder the application for sembawang is so much higher than woodlands!

If u tikam n can get the balance BTO, u really need to give a treat! Haha. Getting selected for 2 rm BTO is like buying millions TOTO n win the first prize.

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I noticed a lot of residents there ride on bicycles. It was so heartlander's estate...it felt quite warm and the people there are quite helpful as I went from person to person to ask where is the location and some even wanna ferry me on his bicycle and took out their iphone to do GPS search for me.

I guess if you live in a heartland estate, people tend to be more cohesive and friendly. Yeah, hopefully.....we can be neighbours....hehehe...

I was thinking aloud especially when unsold flats are offered due no takers...

It really should be portioned according to the 3groups...40% 30% 30% etc........but once its not taken up the balance should really go to the rest that qualify....it makes no sense otherwise.

Imagine this being done over n over again in the same % with few takers...its just plain stupid...then there are new launches going on at the same time.

OK I feel better now after getting it off my chest :oops:

I was thinking aloud especially when unsold flats are offered due no takers...

It really should be portioned according to the 3groups...40% 30% 30% etc........but once its not taken up the balance should really go to the rest that qualify....it makes no sense otherwise.

Imagine this being done over n over again in the same % with few takers...its just plain stupid...then there are new launches going on at the same time.

OK I feel better now after getting it off my chest :oops:

Totally agreed on tis. Dun understand how come hdb dun allocate all the balance flats which the other gp of pple dun want to singles? Think they rather recycle the balance of flats in every BTO. Maybe tis is another way hdb make money from the singles, they want to earn ur $10 application fee when u keep trying n trying n trying!

Seriously i find 2 rm flat not popular with families n couples, look at the balance flat from woodlands in tis BTO, think almost all the 2 rm flats nobody want during the last BTO.

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Alien so you aint applying this round or cannot apply hahaha :P

Looks like just 3 of us here indicating our application :D

Cheers to Arthur and also to all applicants for this round of BTO. :D

I very old liao sure can apply for e BTO. We might be neighbour next time. :P

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Once singles allowed to buy larger BTO....2rooms bto will not be that popular again....hehe

So they better sell them quickly while they can :whistle:

I was thinking fellow bto applicants can kopi to share notes n discuss pros n cons of different launches etc....hmm :D

Edited by Marineboy

Once singles allowed to buy larger BTO....2rooms bto will not be that popular again....hehe

I was thinking fellow bto applicants can kopi to share notes n discuss pros n cons of different launches etc....hmm :D

Now they r putting all the eggs into one basket, surely the demand for 2 rm flat is high.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Yeah....limp kopi is a great idea... who knows we might be neighbours in future to come. :)

Yeah....limp kopi is a great idea... who knows we might be neighbours in future to come. :)

Indeed...sekali same block hahaha :D

I really hope that although they have quota the allotment for the 3 groups...they might actually let go the balance to other groups who applied. Its really common sense to do it. I hope they are not daft :D

They never mentioned it openly ...then again its the first time they are releasing the 2roomers that were not taken up to group3.

If they really released all the balance to singles in tis BTO, then there will be higher chance. Hdb released the balance 2 rm to singles is to 'clear stock' of all the 2 rm tht is not taken up in previous BTO. If not i believe these 2 rm flats wld forever empty.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

If they really released all the balance to singles in tis BTO, then there will be higher chance. Hdb released the balance 2 rm to singles is to 'clear stock' of all the 2 rm tht is not taken up in previous BTO. If not i believe these 2 rm flats wld forever empty.

I beiieve there is a good chance they will do so too....

Shall we start chilling the wine for the flat warming party? hahaha

Edited by Marineboy

I beiieve there is a good chance they will do so too....

Shall we start chilling the wine for the flat warming party? hahaha

Hopefully there will be a chance for flat warming party?! Haha.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

I got my 2 rooms in ponggol...Getting my key on 2015

U applied as a single? Last BTO dun think have punggol 2 rm leh? The recent BTO balance 2 rm from punggol, dun think result is out yet?!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Last BTO...he was one of the lucky ones..i remember trying for Ponggol too...kaput :D

Last bto there is punggol? Pai seh forgot liao. :P Anyway, congrats to him. :)

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Government imposed a maximum Mortgage Servicing Ratio (MSR) of 30% for financing of HDB flat purchases on 12 Jan 2013. The MSR is the ratio of the monthly mortgage payment to the monthly income. This limits the amount that one can borrow from the bank to finance the purchase of the HDB flat. Consequently less number of people are able to get a loan for the bigger flats.

Government is using the MSR to bring about a stabilising or even decline of the HDB resale market. This is opposite to the government's often quoted policy of asset enhancement.

Some people are adversely affected because with the 30% MSR, they find themselves unable to get a large enough loan for the flat they are eyeing and instead have to look for a cheaper (and usually smaller) flat to buy.

I feel that the 30% MSR is overly kaisu on the part of the government. Why make it so restrictive that I can only use $3 out of each $10 income for the mortgage payment? The other $7 do what? I feel that 40% MSR is more acceptable.

Guest AmosClock

Government imposed a maximum Mortgage Servicing Ratio (MSR) of 30% for financing of HDB flat purchases on 12 Jan 2013. The MSR is the ratio of the monthly mortgage payment to the monthly income. This limits the amount that one can borrow from the bank to finance the purchase of the HDB flat. Consequently less number of people are able to get a loan for the bigger flats.

Government is using the MSR to bring about a stabilising or even decline of the HDB resale market. This is opposite to the government's often quoted policy of asset enhancement.

Some people are adversely affected because with the 30% MSR, they find themselves unable to get a large enough loan for the flat they are eyeing and instead have to look for a cheaper (and usually smaller) flat to buy.

I feel that the 30% MSR is overly kaisu on the part of the government. Why make it so restrictive that I can only use $3 out of each $10 income for the mortgage payment? The other $7 do what? I feel that 40% MSR is more acceptable.

Of course it is for living expenses and pay bills. You make it sound as if you can live on air alone.

Yes, a portion of the $7 will be for living expenses. If we scale the example up to a gross income of $5,000, a maximum of $1,500 is allowed for the monthly mortgage payment. Some of us don't need the full amount of the remainder of $3,500 for living expenses. For example, we might only need $2,000 for expenses and wish to save $500. That leaves another $1,000 which we hope could be used as part of the mortgage payment.

• Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.