Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

No matter wht still better to own a hse, whether u r renting rm to stay or stay in ur own flat. Some pple buy hse but rent it out, n ownself rent a rm. But afterall i still think there are more advantages of owning a hse than renting.

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

U trying for the sep BTO in punggol?

Yeah, but have to see the plan for the BTO like is it near the MRT and any further development plans for that area.

Well, if nothing fanciful coming from the BTO projects then i might as well look into the higher resale market or just leave the $$$ to collect interest from CPF board. ^_^

But i heard from my friend, there will be good news for singles next year. So might as well, just adopt a wait and see.

Yeah, but have to see the plan for the BTO like is it near the MRT and any further development plans for that area.

Well, if nothing fanciful coming from the BTO projects then i might as well look into the higher resale market or just leave the $$$ to collect interest from CPF board. ^_^

But i heard from my friend, there will be good news for singles next year. So might as well, just adopt a wait and see.

I checked out the next BTO site at punggol, located next to the expressway, not say very near to LRT. But the rd outside the area quite near to sengkang compass pt. If there is a direct bus across the expressway.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

• 2 weeks later...

HDB to ramp up 2-room BTO flats supply

SINGAPORE: National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan said the authorities are working to address the huge demand of two-room Build-to-Order (BTO) flats.

In a blog post on Monday, Mr Khaw said the Housing and Development Board (HDB) will put up for sale all its balance two-room flats in non-mature estates from previous BTO exercises later this month.

The release will add 1,100 flats to the September BTO launch of about 190 units, more than doubling the number launched in July.

Another 450 units will also be launched in November.

In all, the authorities will launch some 2,500 two-room flats in non-mature estates this year.

Mr Khaw also said the authorities are altering the design and layout of BTO flats for next year.

That is to allow the ramp-up of two-room BTO supply in non-mature estates to 5,000 units next year -- about double the supply of 2-room flats this year.

Mr Khaw said the measures will enable more singles to realise their dreams of owning their homes.

In the July BTO balloting, singles were allowed for the first to time to apply for new HDB flats in the two-room category.

There were 519 two-room HDB flats on offer in the exercise.

Up to one third of the 519 flats on sale were set aside for singles. Some 8,800 singles applied for them.

Source: Channel Newsasia

It says tht they will put up sales all its 2 rm flats from previous BTO later tis mth? How come there are still so many balance? Meaning balance from couples/families application?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

not advisable to buy for investment, depends on area

But for own stay, there is no right timing, right now, COV are mostly 0, interest rates are still low, sellers upgrading thus need to sell.

On the other hand.. interest rate may rise in the next few years, due to oversupply prices will drop 5-10% on some areas

im a property agent!

It says tht they will put up sales all its 2 rm flats from previous BTO later tis mth? How come there are still so many balance? Meaning balance from couples/families application?

There's an oversupply of 2 rm flats, most places don't have the people who wants to live in 2 rm flats to start with. Imagine those who cannot afford a 3 rm flat are people who need to work close to their homes. Not forgetting the income limit they place on 2 rm flats last time.

But for own stay, there is no right timing, right now, COV are mostly 0, interest rates are still low, sellers upgrading thus need to sell.

On the other hand.. interest rate may rise in the next few years, due to oversupply prices will drop 5-10% on some areas

im a property agent!

Hi Long Curious, really? COV is mostly O? That is reallt a good new. ^_^

There's an oversupply of 2 rm flats, most places don't have the people who wants to live in 2 rm flats to start with. Imagine those who cannot afford a 3 rm flat are people who need to work close to their homes. Not forgetting the income limit they place on 2 rm flats last time.

Then they shld sell all the 2 rm flats to singles since there are over 8000 singles applied for the last BTO! But seems like the percentage of units allocate to singles quite low.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

im a property agent!

I looked thru some resale 3 rm flat, overall pricing still quite high le and many still ask cov ard 10k to 25k! Found one or two units 0 cov but dun know the unit has problem or not?! Most 3 rm resale flat avg price still starts from 330k and above.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Hi Long Curious, really? COV is mostly O? That is reallt a good new. ^_^

I feel COV should be zero...wtf valuation is already overdone in the first place... :D

Don't you all ever forget...that HDBs n Cars are leased to us...99years countdown for HDBs and 10years countdown for cars...we need to extend its lease if they allow..its never yours. 

If you feel good thinking you own it....then the system succeeded in conning you to think so.

Those who own 999years or freehold...don't be too happy...they can still screw you with some land acquiring act or create one should the need be. I feel so screwed...:P

If chewing gum can be banned....COV should be banned also. Don't give me this willing buyer willing seller shit....its just only the willing seller and tulan buyers.

I am saying this for public housing...k don't get too upset hor.

Then they shld sell all the 2 rm flats to singles since there are over 8000 singles applied for the last BTO!

Not likely to happen in the next few years unless policy shift, it's still very pro-family because the society is largely conservative (not i say one ah).

COV = $0 have

But it's not closing down sale type loh. Not all places in Singapore is favorable mah, or the place could be run down (you on tap will have disco music) kind.

Not likely to happen in the next few years unless policy shift, it's still very pro-family because the society is largely conservative (not i say one ah).

COV = $0 have

But it's not closing down sale type loh. Not all places in Singapore is favorable mah, or the place could be run down (you on tap will have disco music) kind.

Wah...like that can save on buying a hi-fi set. Free music. Hehehe.... ^_^

But from what i can see, for the new few years.....more and more new BTO projects coming up, and the measures are stepping in like not allowing PR to buy years for the first 3 years, and the debt to ratio financing policy and more people are stepping up to upgrade their flat due to the reduce prices....I guess a lot of resale flats might be left on the shelf so I guess many will tend to lower down or even dun ask for COV to sell of their resale flats. 

Well, I am adapting a wait and see attitude... :whistle:

COV = $0 have

Haha, if 0 cov but the flat run down still can save by renovation. But if the flat 0 cov but flat is haunted or loan shark then problem liao.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Hydronaut u wait and see for so many donkeys years leow, by the time u come to a conclusion u already reach 50 .. Always act fast when u  have reach the requirement age to buy a resale flat.

COV where got 0!

You dream on!

Try going to the gay enclave of Tiong Bahru then you see COV 50-100K! WTF

You obviously have not heard...I know people who actually bot the flat 50k below valuation...sellers can be desperate too whatever the reason....sometimes its must sell by date as they booked another one. Or inheritance to be shared etc.

You obviously have not heard...I know people who actually bot the flat 50k below valuation...sellers can be desperate too whatever the reason....sometimes its must sell by date as they booked another one. Or inheritance to be shared etc.

That is also partly the reason I am waiting for....at the right time, it is like striking a lottery, you can own a flat at far lower than expected price and even a prime location.

COV where got 0!

You dream on!

Try going to the gay enclave of Tiong Bahru then you see COV 50-100K! WTF

Tiong Bahru got gay enclave? I always pass by Tiong Bahru mrt for work, nice to know if got gay friendly area nearby lol

Time doesnt wait for anyone, neither opportunity. If u pass the criteria (age and financial), like the area or development (for condo), did ur calculation well, jump in!!

Waiting for price to reach the bottom is like catching a falling knife.

Too many real stories around, bought thinking it was expensive, bit the bullet nonetheless, now serving loan with a relieve coz the units are now considered cheap.

Will we be expecting prices to fall even further in 2014 and beyond?

property wont fall much one lah. it will only drop a bit or go up.

u sld commit a property now. i regret not buying a condo before 2010....now i brought a 1 bedder at 700K+ freehold at geylang when this amt of money can buy me a 2 bedder or 3 before 2010.

whatever u commit to buy now, the price is fixed at current price thus if u wait n wait, u will just pay more for same space.

will HDB give me loan , i already in my 60., Regret never buy when i was 35.Was actually waiting for the cov to drop . waited 30 yrs still never drop.

You must be kidding.....I don't think 30years ago, there is COV in force. It was much much later that COV came in place to tackle the resale market. :yuk:

the one thing everyone must do is to buy a flat when you hit 35. In fact when u r 34.75, u can start looking around...the only thing need to consider is if u buy resale flat now, u will not be able to buy new 2 room flat from hdb again, 2 room is strictly for 1st timer only...there won't be drastic price drop due to limitation of our land resources, even when price drop, owner may not sell as it would be better for them to rent out the unit to collect rent... 

the one thing everyone must do is to buy a flat when you hit 35. In fact when u r 34.75, u can start looking around...the only thing need to consider is if u buy resale flat now, u will not be able to buy new 2 room flat from hdb again, 2 room is strictly for 1st timer only...there won't be drastic price drop due to limitation of our land resources, even when price drop, owner may not sell as it would be better for them to rent out the unit to collect rent... 

If you don't take the govt grant when buying resale 3 Room, you still can buy BTO 2room in the future.

Next round BTO comes again! But tis time more choice, there are additional 2 rm flats available from previous BTO. But when u apply for the flat, u can only opt for one choice. :( So if u choose the balance flat n didnt get, waste one chance liao since total no of units are lesser than the main BTO.

But heard from the news, so far the response for the singles application very gd again!

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Can anyone offer advise?

Should I sell my resale flat n take profit n re enter the market when the cov go down further. Currently own a flat in mature estate but place very old leow.

no point unless you hope for hdb resale price to fall

Maybe the hse got ghost?! Haha.

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

That is also partly the reason I am waiting for....at the right time, it is like striking a lottery, you can own a flat at far lower than expected price and even a prime location.

Well if there comes a big disaster or another financial market crash....then the opening will be there...

You have the dough...then its your chance...but it can be a loooooong wait though.

No need for place and squatting free somewhere helps hahaha ;P

if i am not wrong u cant use 100 thousand from yr cpf to pay yr new flat when u reach 55 yrs old, it will be locked.so those still wait and see buyer should plan early before reaching certain age.

if i am not wrong u cant use 100 thousand from yr cpf to pay yr new flat when u reach 55 yrs old, it will be locked.so those still wait and see buyer should plan early before reaching certain age.

55 yr old still buy new flat? More likely at tht age buy studio flat lor.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Got Aliens more believeable hahaha

Well my kawan has lived there for many years now...ghosts or otherwise :D

Alien vs ghost, ghost shld be more scary! Haha.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Looking at the application received for tis sep BTO, almost all location the number already exceeded the number of units available for 2 rm flat.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

With 8000+ applications last month  sure to exceed with a few hundred available only.

Don't forget the fence sitters may come in and we have more people reaching 35 everytime....

Btw the alien ghost is most scary ..LOL

Wondering needs to go thru how many more BTO then the demand for 2 rm flat for singles will stablise? Looks like even now they allow singles to buy BTO, but seems like it is still a dream for a single to own a BTO flat.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Looks like the govt underestimated the demand for flats for singles. They open the gates and now it is flooded. Lol

They tot no one wld be interested in a 2 rm flat due to the small size, but they dun know so many singles r "desperate" for a flat.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

• Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.