Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

Guest FreeFlat

The government should let every single Singaporean aged above 35 a flat for free. Why are we paying taxes, gst, erp, road tax, serve army for? A flat for free is not too much to ask as its a citizen"s right. 2016, you know what to do.

Not every single Singaporean above 35 pay taxes, gst, erp, road tax and serve army. Get real.

you are so naive. Your pappy masters are training you well. This concept is very possible considering how much Temasek has. A 3 room basic flat should be given to every true blue Singaporeans.

What is wrong with this? It's our entitlement as we are Singaporeans. The government should work on this.

Don't admit to the forum what a parasite you are.  Whatever you want in life, you must work for it.  You expect free meal from hawker centre as well.  No one owes you anything.  What Temasek has got nothing to do with you; and you can dream on having a free 3 room HDB from them. For a person who demand such outrageous asset free of charge from Temasek based on your opinion of entitlement, I know for sure you are a big time failure. Continue staying wherever you are.

Just a gentle reminder, in the event of your untimely death, remind your family to burn you a paper 3Rm HDB for you to enjoy in your after life.  Btw, its not free and your family must pay for it.

you are so naive. Your pappy masters are training you well. This concept is very possible considering how much Temasek has. A 3 room basic flat should be given to every true blue Singaporeans.

What is wrong with this? It's our entitlement as we are Singaporeans. The government should work on this.

Guest WP-NSP

Don't admit to the forum what a parasite you are. Whatever you want in life, you must work for it. You expect free meal from hawker centre as well. No one owes you anything. What Temasek has got nothing to do with you; and you can dream on having a free 3 room HDB from them. For a person who demand such outrageous asset free of charge from Temasek based on your opinion of entitlement, I know for sure you are a big time failure. Continue staying wherever you are.

Just a gentle reminder, in the event of your untimely death, remind your family to burn you a paper 3Rm HDB for you to enjoy in your after life. Btw, its not free and your family must pay for it.

you are so naive. What I say is what majority of Singaporeans expects. You must be a speculator! Hdb is for regular Singaporeans, a home to stay! We don't care if property price and value increase. All we ask is a roof over our heads. You are just like your masters in white as you just dismisses me! Are you a pr?

You are so stupid. Cannot argue with substance.  Who says majority of Singaporeans expect a free 3 Rm HDB? Your group of imaginary friends?

HDB is for regular Singaporeans????   Then what is irregular Singaporeans?

Before more people look down upon you further, you better get a 2nd or 3rd job to supplement your current miserable income so that you can afford your very own 3rm HDB in your twilight years.

What I say is what majority of Singaporeans expects.

We don't care if property price and value increase. All we ask is a roof over our heads.

Are you a pr?

Dear nameless Guest,

Pls change your nickname if you can, using WP and NSP in your nick does not improve your argument, does not give you legitimacy to pretend to represent the opposition (which at 40% also has very very diverse views).

You can voice YOUR opinion, we'll respect that. But you do not represent us.

1) I seriously doubt majority of Singaporeans would want a FREE 3-rm hdb.

2) I seriously doubt majority of Singaporeans dun want their property to appreciate.

Btw DO NOT resort to xenophobia, I'm a Singaporean, and I'm sure many Singaporeans hold very different views from me and you. DO NOT question if they are pr whenever someone hold a different view from you. It reveals more about your mentality and political maturity.

Guest Zaihan Kariyani

I even fantasized about a hidden walk-in toilet into the wardrobe, so cool lor. So can hide in there, and noone know where i am. ^_^

I have the same "fantasy". Hope you got your flat. :-)

Do you guys have aged parent(s)?

All this talk and discussion about single BTO fails to address the older folks?

To the housing experts,

Is it possible for single man to co-own a new flat with the aged parent(s), even if they had used up the 2-time subsidy quota?

If yes, at what rate?

What is the maximum age of aged parent?

Say if the matured son is paying the flat through his CPF, can they apply as a family unit?

I was forking out the CASH for my parents in 1980s and after my father passed away in 1995, my name was added as the co-owner. Once things were official, I cleared all outstanding balance at once.  Now, I only have to pay the monthly Town Council fee of about SGD 50 for the 4A unit at Potong Pasir.

Yes having one space is important but would you not want to share your parents' remaining years together?

Hey Abang,

I'm no housing expert here, perhaps if you really need an answer, it will be best to call up the HDB experts at their hotline.

I think the older folks are already being addressed as they already have the studio apartment for them, those rich enough are covered under resale or able to pay/get a loan for BTO. Those not able to afford fall into the rental schemes (left to fend for themselves). Even those in landed property are facing high property tax eating into their savings. So no older folk is spared.

From the HDB website, http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyingNewFlatEligibilitytobuynewHDBflat?OpenDocument

Eligibility for BTO flats,

Public

You, the applicant, and;
- your spouse, and children (if any)
- your parents, and siblings (if any)
- your children under your legal custody, care and control (for widowed/ divorced)

Joint Single Scheme#
You, the applicant, and the co-applicants (up to a maximum of 4) must be unmarried , divorced or widowed

HDB is process are pretty complicated, so the chances (allocation % of flats to your type), loan quantum, bequest might be the considerations. As usual, the more money you have, the easier things are going to be.

Edited by keyboard

Getting HDB BTO got to do with the more money you have, the easier things are going to be? Tot at least u must have the luck to get ballot successfully for the BTO flat u have applied. If not have lots of money also no use.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Getting HDB BTO got to do with the more money you have, the easier things are going to be? Tot at least u must have the luck to get ballot successfully for the BTO flat u have applied. If not have lots of money also no use.

Last time ballot might be an issue, but now, if you look at family nucleus 2 rm flat, the subscription rate is less than 1, means everyone who applied will get the chance to select a flat. Studio apartments are in the range of less than 0.5 in some areas. Thus i say, money is the issue. Why? Because, as your age is older (loan quantum is shorter), so getting a loan with the meager income they have, it's almost impossible to pay for it if you don't already have a ton of cash waiting in your bank.

those new 2 rm BTO flat need to pay 15 k upfront  to HDB  and will be reimburse after u get marry?

I believe is upfront, then most likely go back to your "new" flat when you buy bigger one? I think it's a left hand, right hand thing.

I had always wanted to get my own place but alas I am not well off and with my mum only, had stay in a 2rm rental flat all my 30yrs of life. Back 3yrs ago, I had saved enough to get my own place with 20k cov in a prime area. It was already expensive in 3yrs ago. Many says i was stupid to plunge in. It was all of my savings ( never a high income earner) and though it was expensive 3roomer and had to slogg for another 25yrs, I never looked back.

Its great getting yr roof finally. Yes it was hard, but having a asset liability makes u work hard and doesn't give up easily, unlike my many friends who spent their $$ away meaningless and job hopping hopelessly when met with any simple obstacles. Having a goal makes u targeted and focus.

I am now planning for a bigger 4rm unit in a non-mature area with extra room for rental income for home loan and mum future aging expenses, as my current unit has increased value considerbly.

Just wanna say, , work towards it, you can do it.

Guest Zaihan Kariyani

I had always wanted to get my own place but alas I am not well off and with my mum only, had stay in a 2rm rental flat all my 30yrs of life. Back 3yrs ago, I had saved enough to get my own place with 20k cov in a prime area. It was already expensive in 3yrs ago. Many says i was stupid to plunge in. It was all of my savings ( never a high income earner) and though it was expensive 3roomer and had to slogg for another 25yrs, I never looked back.

Its great getting yr roof finally. Yes it was hard, but having a asset liability makes u work hard and doesn't give up easily, unlike my many friends who spent their $$ away meaningless and job hopping hopelessly when met with any simple obstacles. Having a goal makes u targeted and focus.

I am now planning for a bigger 4rm unit in a non-mature area with extra room for rental income for home loan and mum future aging expenses, as my current unit has increased value considerbly.

Just wanna say, , work towards it, you can do it.

Laddies and gentlewomen, that's how you use aspiration as inspiration for determination. All the best, man. You're very savvy.

Are u prepare to have all yr CPF and Hard earn saving wipe out within a day when u are selected for the BTO and start from Zero cash and work hard again?

why not? u work hard for the purpose of buying things, house is one of the main things u are saving for.

why don't u ask ur parents why they can afford u a roof...don't they feel a pinch when their hard saving and all go into family car, house etc?

u sound like those ppl who save n save and happy w the amt in the bank statement LOL.

Did those who applied receive a letter that the result will be out in mid sept?

For those who is paying with cpf. Advisable to transfer some $ to invest n transfer back for your back up fund in case u are jobless later

Investment wld loss money leh, better use it to buy flat lar.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Are u prepare to have all yr CPF and Hard earn saving wipe out within a day when u are selected for the BTO and start from Zero cash and work hard again?

No choice if u want to buy flat. So try not to buy too big lor.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

HydroNaut, did you check your application status? Can check online already leh, let us know if you got the flat ok?

For those who is paying with cpf. Advisable to transfer some $ to invest n transfer back for your back up fund in case u are jobless later

If you're able to make returns of more than 2.5% (CPF current OA interest rate), then by all means go ahead and invest. Housing is one way to make money, rental income another, these are lower risks instruments and longer term. First world countries doesn't mean the housing bubble will not crash, what will be good for Singapore in the next 5 years does not mean good for the next 30 years.

If you have experience trading in stocks, it is not difficult to accumulate 10-20% within a year for beginner/moderate trader. The best is to avoid advice from people who can earn your commission.

U mean u can check whether u got ur BTO flat online now? Tot result only be out in early sep?

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Now computer one leh, but I don't know the difference between Application Status and Application Results. Jul 13 already closed right? Why must wait till Sep then will know?

"At the end of the application period, HDB will ballot all applications for their queue position and inform applicants of the outcome of their application.

You can check the status of application when the result is announced."

I guess now check also no use, the result not out yet. Maybe can check online next wk cos they say early sep. But think chances very slim to get selected, cos just like buying TOTO. How many times u strike when u buy? Haha.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

HydroNaut, did you check your application status? Can check online already leh, let us know if you got the flat ok?

If you're able to make returns of more than 2.5% (CPF current OA interest rate), then by all means go ahead and invest. Housing is one way to make money, rental income another, these are lower risks instruments and longer term. First world countries doesn't mean the housing bubble will not crash, what will be good for Singapore in the next 5 years does not mean good for the next 30 years.

If you have experience trading in stocks, it is not difficult to accumulate 10-20% within a year for beginner/moderate trader. The best is to avoid advice from people who can earn your commission.

No leh.....didn't receive any updates on my application status when i log into "My HDB Page".

I think just let it go naturally....cos now i am having a dilemma whether to buy a 3 or 4 room resale flat on the open market as the resale prices is going down everyday. I guess even if it was unsuccessful, I will not be much affected by it.  ^_^

Edited by HydroNaut

If u have the intention of getting a bigger flat, better not to buy the 2 rm flat, wait wasted one chance of buying BTO. Haha. Anyway, just let it go naturally lor. After the result is out then decide next step.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Might as well just get the 2rm first, then MOP and sell for profit. Then get 3rm, profit can use to pay part of COV.

Condo I know can start payment before living in it to consider as MOP, not sure about HDB.

That is also another of my thoughts too. I go online and see the prices of 2-rooms. Not much out there, but already seeing some 2-room in matured estate selling it as high as $285,000 which was quite close to a 3-room in non-matured estate. Think the 2-room sengkang giving it good location near the punggol riverwalk and near the mrt...and giving it is relatively new, if you maintained it well enough and giving it some renovation facelift...it can fetch quite a good price like $230,000++.....

Also giving the thought that more and more FT will be coming in the next few years to hit the target of 6mil (or 9mil?), I guess the market for 2-room will still be there....then can sell it and get a bigger flat.  ^_^

a friend of mine (use to be  happy go lucky person)  sold his flat out of greed  and now renting room (but not happy everyday moving here and there) the profit make almost finish as he spend on luxury items and holidays.

Enter low exit high, rent low, enter low.

Which means bought low sell for high price.

Rent a unit low ensure it covers your rental for 2years then buy when the market goes down even lower.

Fattie bom bom walk down the street

Personally, I think it is great to own a property. I think for those who can afford to buy a property, it is better to get a property.

Advantage of having a HDB flat :

1. Property like HDB only appreciate and won't depreciate.

2. You can rent out the rooms and use the rental to pay for the utility bills, telco bills, your meals, etc. Any extra left after minus the expenses, you can use it for others.

3. Rental only go up or maintain, it usually don't go down, unless there is a global or economy downturn.

4. You have tenant/s for company and should there be any emergency, you can have someone around to help. e.g. misplaced keys, falls or accidents at home that requires assistance, etc.

5. Your house, you call the shot.

Disadvantage of having a HDB Flat

1. Need to contribute to CPF (for some)

2. Monies get locked for a few years and can't own another property.

3. Living with bad tenants can actually gives you more headaches.

Advantage of Renting Rooms

1. No contribution to CPF or troubled by mortgages, what you earn is what you have.

2. Can move from places to places any time, even relocation overseas with no worries.

3. Can choose where to live. e.g. nearer to place of work, thus cut down on transport and traveling time.

4. Change of environment and or place. Every move is a new environment, etc.

Disadvantage of Renting Rooms

1. No matter how long you pay for the rent every month, the room / house will still not be yours.

2. Having to put up with bad landlords or other tenants.

3. Having to move from place to place, due to whatever reason/s, e.g. bad landlord, tenants, high rentals, etc.

4. Having little or no privacy e.g. can't bring guest to your room, everything have to go through landlord, etc.

5. Rental can be very high and can get higher every year.

6. No place to call home.

Edited by GachiMuchi

a friend of mine (use to be  happy go lucky person)  sold his flat out of greed  and now renting room (but not happy everyday moving here and there) the profit make almost finish as he spend on luxury items and holidays.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Well, at least he had his fun. At the end of the day, he will have to live with whatever consequences he had carved out for himself.

• Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.