Male HQ

Taiwan - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)

jazz

Guest top

Nice one, Jackman. Makes me horny just reading it. But thumbs up to you for insisting on a condom. If I was there, I dont know if I can resist. But then, I always carry condoms with me. Never leave home without it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a week to spare in july. was thinking of taiwan. would 1 week allow me to cover taipei plus another nearby city like hualien, taizhong or kaosiong? Any recommendation is most welcome.

Or would july be better spent in japan eg tokyo or osaka?

please help :rolleyes:

??Spa??

Dont know abt how hot Taiwan is going to be.. but summer in japan is hot hot hot.. hotter than in singapore.

Also, depends on how much is ur budget. Japan is in general more expensive. But if u come in July, look out for the dates/schedule for the fireworks, be it in tokyo or osaka. July/Aug/sept is the month for Hanabi.

If u choose tokyo (and if u are comfortable with meeting up), i could help with the itinerary and show u all ard, as was done with other BWers who had liaised with me and as much as my time permits.

Between Taipei and kaosiong, the bullet train is already up, so access btw the 2 prefecture is rather convenient and cheap. (Traveling to tokyo to osaka and finally back to tokyo would cost another 200-300 dollars (i estimated) depending on mode of transport.)

The last time i have been to taiwan was in NS... hope other BWers could help to advise regarding 1wk tour in Taiwan

Andy, thanks for offering to play host :) Will let you know if i come your way. My concern for taiwan during jul/aug period is typhoon. But just thought if it is 1 week, may not do japan justice, considering the areas i can see. Holiday is such a dilemma. Otherwise other tips on taiwan would be greatly welcome :))

??spa??

not sure if anyone had PMed u on this matter already. or if u have located a hotel in XMD.. (btw, XMD is xi men ding right?) via other means. I do have a good friend in Taiwan and some BWers here have also met him before. PM me if u still looking for an ideal hotel and i might be able to link both of u up or ask him for recommendations.

• 3 weeks later...
The last time i have been to taiwan was in NS... hope other BWers could help to advise regarding 1wk tour in Taiwan

there are many travel guides available in the taipei airport for the benefit of the tourist. So don't forget to grab as many travel brochures and books once you touch down in the airport. the best part is the travel books are free and they contain very useful info. taiwan is a youth tourist-friendly country, if you're below 30...there are many discounts available for you. but you have to search the net and register yourself prior to your travel. (update: checkout www.youthtravel.tw)

I traveled on my own in taipei for 3d2n. did not have enough time to visit places like hualien etc, but it was interesting nontheless.

On my first day, i head out to JiuFen, a small town up in the hills. Most people go there for the food stalls and to have tea while enjoying the scenery. To get to JiuFen, take a MRT to ZhongXiaoFuXing station and take exit 1. The bus stop is at the exit, you'll also see Sogo at the opposite side of the street. At the bus stop, take the KeeLung bus to JiuFen. The journey will cost you 90NTD and it will take approx 30-45mins. You can spend half the day at JiuFen, and head out to Taipei 101 when night falls.

On my second day, i visited the zoo and MaoKung, another small village up on the hill. The zoo and MaoKung are within walking distance, so they share the same MRT station, which is the Taipei Zoo on the Muzha Line. The entrance to the zoo was 400NTD. Honestly, i think the zoo is just so-so only...i think Singapore has a better zoo. But hey, that's my opinion...and no harm visiting it since you're in a foreign place :) Once when you're done touring the zoo, you can take a cable car (they call it gondola) to MaoKung. I would like to advise you to visit the zoo first and only go to MaoKung at around 5pm. The sun sets at that time and the journey up to MaoKung is spectacular. And when you're up there in MaoKung, simply relax at one of the teahouses and enjoy Taipei's night scenery. Just a tip for you guys...the cable car queue to MaoKung is really really really long during weekends, so plan ahead. And the cable car service is not available on Mondays. Once when you're done in MaoKung, you would want to visit their night markets. The night market i went to was Shih Da. To reach this night market, just take the MRT to Tai Power Building and make your way to exit 4 which takes to a crossroad. You'll be able to see Wellsave across the street. Walk towards Wellsave and you'll be able to see food stalls behind the row of shops.

On the third day, I went to Danshui which is a popular destination for couples...as well as food. Danshui is by the seaside and there are many food stalls lining the streets. Besides food stalls, Danshui is famous for selling "tie tan" loosely translated as metal eggs, if i'm not mistaken. It's fermented bird egg (can't remember what bird). The shop that sells good tie tan is Ah Po (grandmother) tie tan shop.

The end of my third day was the best ever. I went to the Chuan Tang hotspring recommended by gachi machi and the place was fabulous! many thanks to GM for answering my incessant questions. Chuan Tang is basically a restaurant cum hotspring centre. If you eat 400NTD worth of food (for a person), you'll get to enter the hotspring for free. If you just wanna have a soak at the hotspring without food, you'll need to pay 200NTD. Once you're in there, just let loose and let it dangle! Everyone is butt naked in there, but discreet at the same time as it is a mix crowd. I got picked up at the steam room, which was pretty small and packed with loads of naked guys!

I hope this info may be of use to you guys who wants to make a trip to taipei. I was there in April, so the prices may not apply anymore.

Edited by bachelor_boy26

Guest -??spa??-

can anyone give me some help how could i travel from taipei to Sun Moon Lake? How much time should i cater for that? Do i need to stay overnight?

can anyone give me some help how could i travel from taipei to Sun Moon Lake? How much time should i cater for that? Do i need to stay overnight?

This is what i can find from the Taiwan DIY Travel Guide which i got from the airport

1. Taiwan tourist bus (www.taiwantourbus.com.tw)

2. Green Transit bus provides direct service to Sun Moon Lake from Exit 3 of the Zhongxiao-Fuxing Station on the Bannan Line

3. King bus offers direct bus service to the lake from the West Station next to Taipei Main Station

Hope this helps

Hi Taiwan Experts, here's my draft itinerary. Could someone give some advice on how realistic is this plan? Only 2 persons travelling and we are quite fast movers.

Thanks in advance :)

Day 1

4-5pm - check in hotel (travelling by CX)

Proceed to train station get tickets for Hualien on Day 3

Evening - XMD

Night - Shilin Night Market

Day 2

Half day FOC city tour

PM - Taipei 101, WuFenPu, Raohe Nightmarket (worth going?), HuaXi Night Market

Day 3

Morning Train to Hualien

Day Tour - Taroko Gorge

Stay over at Hualien

Day 4

Can I travel from Hualien to SunMoonLake and stay overnight?

Day 5

Back to Taipei

WuLai

Day 6

AM - YangMingShan

PM - Danshui, Yu RenMa Tou

Night - Chuan Hot spring

Day 7

AM - Yeliu JiuFen

PM - Keelung

Day 8

TPE - SIN

Day 1

4-5pm - check in hotel (travelling by CX)

Proceed to train station get tickets for Hualien on Day 3

Evening - XMD

Night - Shilin Night Market

If u are taking the Airport-City coaches, they usually stop at the main Railway Station, so u may as well get yr Hualien tics there before taking a cab or MRT to yr hotel.

If you can squeeze some time for it, do try to visit the renowned National Palace Museum, more info here. Now fully reopened after a 10 year renovation, it is worth spending a day there.

will be there late jul.

transfer to hotel is provided for, as i sign up a 3D package here, and thereafter on my own. Work out cheaper this way than i get my own tics, hotel and transfer :thumb:

Am just wondering besides ShiLin night market, what other night markets are good to go? Heard Raohe Nite Mkt not really worth going. Any comments?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys.. will probably be going to TPE at the end of Nov 2008. Any idea if there are any nice gay massage places there? Also, what are the tips expected to be given at the end of the session? I trust that there are usually "happy endings" at end of the massage, how much should I pay if that happens? If it is just pure massage, what is the market rate for massage tips? Many thanks for sharing.

I was in Taipei earlier this year and was recommended to this Taiwan straight massage place: http://www.footmassage.com.tw/

I went to the Nanjing Branch during midnight on Sunday and was pretty packed with people as well. I tried the 60-min body traditional massage and was pretty good. Had a good night rest that night.

They have male masseurs there and pretty matured ones. So if you are into matured or chubby massuers, you are in luck! But do be careful as this is a straight massage place. Not too sure if there are gay massuers.

Place is open 24 hours. While waiting for my massage, saw some Japanese men going there for massage too... My type.. haha...

Have a good time at Taipei!

During my May trip to Taipei, I passed by the Bade branch of the same chain. The place has a very calm feel and nicely decorated. Saw masseurs from their late 20's and forties, ready to serve customers who enter. As the pricing is a little over my budget, I gave it a miss. They are certainly not excessive, but felt that I did not want to pay Singaporean prices in Taipei. A few doors down, there is another store with a similar image. There, it seems the majority of the masseurs are younger. However, I cant remember the name.

I ended having my massage at a no-frills place, similar to those that Chinatown. Massage is the same but cheaper.

Btw, for those of you who likes shopping, this area should be convenient. It is about 10 mins walk from the huge Sogo store on Zhongxiao Xinsheng MRT and 3 mins walk from Breeze Center, with Gucci fronting the mall, its hard to miss.

• 3 months later...

I'm thinking of stopping over in Taipei for the weekend (2 nights) to check out the scene (I was told it rivaled Tokyo). The challenge is that I've never been to Taipei and would appreciate any advice on how to get to the city from the airport, where to stay, where to club, who to see, etc. Honestly, sight seeing isn't what I'm looking for. I just want to check out the g-men sites.

If any could give me a step by step agenda or if any has posted their travel log online that's worth following that will be awesome!!! :)

Cheers!

Beef

Edited by beef4beef

"Life it too short to be small"

Hi, 2 days can be very tight to see enough of Taipei, even just the g-scene. The g-scene there is quite vibrant especially during the weekend.

To get from Airport to town, it is recommended that you take the airport bus as taxi can be pretty expensive from airport to town. Generally, barring any major traffic jams, you can get to town from airport (and vice versa) in about 1 hr for around NT$125 to NT150 (Around S$6). List of the various bus companies that operate to-and-fro airport can be found at the following website:

http://www.taoyuanairport.gov.tw/english/t...on/taipei_e.jsp

Generally for hotel, there are cheap and expensive ones, depending on your budget. Generally, I would recommend staying near the Taipei Main Station or the XiMenTing area since these are tourist places and near the subway (MRT) stations. There are many reasonably priced and clean hotels in these areas. If you are staying near the Taipei Main Station, you can take the Airport bus from airport to Taipei Station operated by Taiwan Bus Corp. One hotel which you may wish to consider is Go Inn Taipei (http://www.gocityinn.com/index_1.php) or YMCA Youth Hostel (http://www.ymcataipei.org.tw/).

For the gay scenes, if you are into the bath-house, you can consider going to the following:

a. Office Sauna: 265 Chang An West Rd

b. Aniki Sauna (Clean and quite popular now): http://www.anikiclub.com/

For clubbing, if you are into cute young guys, you can consider going to Funky (Address: B1, No. 10, Sec. 1, Hang Chou S. Road). You should also pay a visit to the Red Mansion just beside XiMen MRT station on Saturday night. It is eye candy watching the guys having drinks there. If you are into bears, you will be in luck going there.

The hot spring there is quite a eye-feast too, in the Yanmingshan or Beitou area. However, it is recommended that you get a friend to drive you there as going there by bus can be confusing for first-timer.

Hope you will find the brief information useful.

Enjoy your stay in Taipei!

I frequent Taipei very often and yes, the Red Theatre area is very nice on weekend nights. Good looking people, bears and wolves... all gather there.

California Fitness is also a nice place to guy watch - if you are lucky, you can get into some action.

Hot Springs in Yangmingshan? Does anything happen there? Not been there yet..

Hi, 2 days can be very tight to see enough of Taipei, even just the g-scene. The g-scene there is quite vibrant especially during the weekend.

The hot spring there is quite a eye-feast too, in the Yanmingshan or Beitou area. However, it is recommended that you get a friend to drive you there as going there by bus can be confusing for first-timer.

Hope you will find the brief information useful.

Enjoy your stay in Taipei!

Hi GPFun,

Thanks so much for the response. I know know how to get from the Airport to town.

I just have to figure out now where I want to go and so where I should be staying.

Very much into the Jiraya (bear?) type so Red Mansion and Anikiclub (on Sat) for muscle hunks) sounds like the place I should be checking out. Not into the slim (even slim muscle) dudes.

And like you said 2 days isn't much. As such I'm not intending to see the life in the daytime, just the night ones will suffice.

Do you have the website to Red Mansion btw? Thanks again.

Beef

Edited by beef4beef

Recently back from Taiwan for holiday.

If you wish to go hot spring, can consider 川汤 at Beitou area, exact address 台北市北投区行义路300巷10号

Transport: Can take MRT to 石牌站 then flag a cab. Tell the driver to go to 行义路, think most of the driver should know this place. Refer the map here

Opens 24 hours, recommend go after 10pm, more happening :D Bring a small towel, if you feel paiseh naked walking in front of stranger, or you can buy from the counter there for NT$100.

• 2 weeks later...

If you wish to go hot spring, can consider 川汤 at Beitou area, exact address 台北市北投区行义路300巷10号

Transport: Can take MRT to 石牌站 then flag a cab. Tell the driver to go to 行义路, think most of the driver should know this place. Refer the map here

Opens 24 hours, recommend go after 10pm, more happening :D Bring a small towel, if you feel paiseh naked walking in front of stranger, or you can buy from the counter there for NT$100.

Thanks everyone for their advice, suggestions and feedback. Next to check out Tokyo ... heard it is very happening there, too!

• 1 month later...
Any cruising sauna or hot spring can recommend in taipei ? I prefer mature and older man Thank You!

Chuan Tang 川汤 Hot Spring at Beitou is a popular hot spring.

Just across Chuan Tang hot spring is Sha Mao Gu hot spring, which is the new happening hot spring place.

Remember to visit after 8pm. Enjoy! :)

During my last trip in Nov last year, I was at 川汤 on Friday night at around 11.30pm. Guess what, it was packed with men there, consisting of guys from 20s to 50s! I even asked my Taiwan friend, "Don't Taiwanese sleep at night" <_<

Quite a candy of guys there, but can't do much as the hot spring was packed to the brim. Enjoy your trip!

Guest Wang Lei
During my last trip in Nov last year, I was at 川汤 on Friday night at around 11.30pm. Guess what, it was packed with men there, consisting of guys from 20s to 50s! I even asked my Taiwan friend, "Don't Taiwanese sleep at night" <_<

Quite a candy of guys there, but can't do much as the hot spring was packed to the brim. Enjoy your trip!

Isnt this place far from Taipei City ? how are they going to go home or they stay there over night ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Chuck

I have a long layover between flights - 6AM til 10PM on a Tuesday. Like to get a little rest, maybe a massage or whatever from the NY flight. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Guest -asperger-

just came back from taipei, my first trip . . . and, yes, i did all my gay pilgrimages. :) thanks to all bw-ers for their recommendations in the "taiwan taiwan" thread!

for hot springs, i went to chuan tang. take the train to shi pai station and get a cab from there. it costs about SGD10. walking there is impossible and it involves trekking up a very steep hilly region. no action there (not that i was searching for it) but the place definitely is very gay, with all the looks the men there had. men-wise, nothing great on the day i went: a weekday afternoon. only one very cute bear to ogle, who made it all worthwhile. :) once you go into the men s changing room, it opens into a partially sheltered area. there are showers along one wall, a steam room, a hot spring bath (mostly unsheltered) and a sheltered shower area with wonderful massage showers.

needless to say, also the pubs next to hong lou at ximending area; can t miss it! lots of eye candies, especially if you re into asian bears. any pub there is fine as the seating area is in an open square, which although is demarcated by pubs, you can look at the patrons of other pubs as well.

also went to jin jin (gin gin) shop, which brands itself as the first gay paraphenalia shop in the chinese-speaking world. all sorts of gay paraphenalia: books, dvds, magazines, sex aids, apparels, etc. to get there, take a train to the taipower mrt station, exit from exit 1 and go straight towards where you have to cross a big junction (but stick to your side of the road). you ll get to the lane, enter it and turn at the correct alley; you can t miss all the pride rainbow flags. :) i don t have the address with me; but it s at the other thread; follow it and you can t go wrong . . . i did. once again, thanks to all who helped. after you re done at jin jin, go 2 doors down to hours cafe, a gay-owned and -operated joint for more men-watching.

another place that is crucial for the gay pilgrimage route is 228 peace park. it s near ximending and can be found on all tourist maps. this is (was?) a prominent cruising site for taiwanese gay men. it was the park that the ground-breaking chinese gay novel and tv series, crystal boys (ni zi), was centred on. rather like hong lim park, with a public toilet. ;) when i went, late in the night, a few people cruising outside the toilet. but, again, i wasn t looking for action; just something i needed to see and to be at.

2 other observations:

one, service staff in taipei was terrifically great! they really make you wanna buy from them (which i did, excessively) and don t seem to mind even if you don t. in fact, they were so apologetic that they don t have what you want!! never have i had such a wonderful retail experience with sales staff (that said, i ve never been to japan though; which i m told, the sales service they try to emulate).

two, please don t kill me for this, it s just a personal viewpoint . . . i don t find taiwanese men attractive, whether at gay spots or along the streets (for men-ogling, i prefer china or hong kong). except for the bears; they really look like those in japanese pxxns . . . hahaha, beefy, stocky, with nice facial hair . . . (that said, i ve never been to japan though; which i m told, the g-men / bears they try to emulate).

just my contribution, in gratitude to those whose contributions helped me have such a wonderful trip. thanks again to bw-ers who contributed.

Guest guest
just came back from taipei, my first trip . . . and, yes, i did all my gay pilgrimages. :) thanks to all bw-ers for their recommendations in the "taiwan taiwan" thread!

two, please don t kill me for this, it s just a personal viewpoint . . . i don t find taiwanese men attractive, whether at gay spots or along the streets (for men-ogling, i prefer china or hong kong). except for the bears; they really look like those in japanese pxxns . . . hahaha, beefy, stocky, with nice facial hair . . . (that said, i ve never been to japan though; which i m told, the g-men / bears they try to emulate).

just my contribution, in gratitude to those whose contributions helped me have such a wonderful trip. thanks again to bw-ers who contributed.

3RD - 多情种....from watching too much 琼瑶 movies :lol:

I hooked up with this young guy at the bar and he took me home for fun. After sex, he won't let me leave because he don't treat men like sex object. He wanted me to stay with him till I leave for home. I told him I wanted to look around all the gay places in Taipei and he was disappointed. He drove me back to my hotel but every night he will call me there to wait for me after work.

You can imagine his disappointment to find me already wet and 被人操过 since I just came back from Office sauna. I told him that was my way and can you believe he getting all emotional with me about our special love. Gosh that was just something I said during being screwed and he wanted me to keep my words. Too sticky for me.

Guest Guest

From the reading of the threads, 川汤 seems far away and is only happening at night. So how to get back to Ximen late at (midnight )? Any midnight buses (nite owl)? Take a cab? Is it expensive? Is there any readily cab nearby, since it is out of town. It will big thank you if anyone help me. Still thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Chuan Tang isnt really tat inaccessible.. Just take the train to Shi Pai Station and you will definitely find a cab ard. Only 130 NT to reach there. Its worth going. All the " bird" seeing especially hahaha... everyone jux walk ard in nude like nobody business... love tat. If u happen to be leaving after midnight, you can ask the counter ppl to call a cab for you. No xtra charges. Just tat cab from chuan tang back to Ximen....could be abit exp hahaha....

If possible..will be visiting there again on my next trip hopefully next yr WOH! its a mux to go. Good for health and eyes hahahaa

• 4 weeks later...
Guest taiwan fan

Hi all

I have a few questions that I hope someone can help with. Thanks in advance!

I would like to find out if it is ok to bring our luggage bags to the Taiwan sauna if we were to stay there overnight. If this is too big to fit in the locker, would they allow us to put at the counter ? Have anyone tried that before ? Do they have private rooms (need to pay extra?) where we can charge our mobile phone and camera batteries ?

In Taipei, is the sauna "the OFFICE" overtaken by "THE ANIKI" ?

And in Taichang, is the sauna ADAM or GON HWA GONG better?

thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I have a few questions that I hope someone can help with. Thanks in advance!

I would like to find out if it is ok to bring our luggage bags to the Taiwan sauna if we were to stay there overnight. If this is too big to fit in the locker, would they allow us to put at the counter ? Have anyone tried that before ? Do they have private rooms (need to pay extra?) where we can charge our mobile phone and camera batteries ?

In Taipei, is the sauna "the OFFICE" overtaken by "THE ANIKI" ?

And in Taichang, is the sauna ADAM or GON HWA GONG better?

thank you!

1. Yes you can bring your luggage to the sauna, but you will have to leave your luggage at the counter. Saunas in Taiwan varies in standards depending on which one you partonise. So don't be surprised if the rooms there are in worst conditions than some of our sauna here.

2. You will need to do some researched before you decide to stay in any of the sauna or if they even operates 24 hours.

3. I don't think you can charge your phone and batteries in the sauna rooms as most pvt rooms don't come with power supply plugs. A good thing to do is to chat up with the staff and PR with them and see if they are able to help you. I think most establishment will oblige to a certain limits. Else, pay for a cheap hotel in Xi Men Ding (there are plenty).

Aniki is new and I have not been there but heard from friends that it is the IT place to go for Muscle & Gym guys; something like our formal Towel Club. While Office Sauna is reputed to be where the mature and bears hangs out.

I have not been inside Adam or Gon Hwa Gong at TaiChung so I can't comment.

Cheers

GM, you forget to tell us your Taiwan sex encounters ?

Did u go Aniki sauna ?

There is really nothing much to tell actually. The usual; I see, I conquer, we cum. I can basically cum almost everyday and many rounds if I were to go to the sauna everyday. But then, I rather go out with friends and visit places of interest, etc. So when I go to Taiwan, I will usually go there for like 10 to 14 days. My Taiwan friend will take time off to bring me to many places in Taiwan.

Sauna in Taiwan is not any diff from sauna anywhere actually. It all basically boils down to if you are their type and if they are your type. So going to the right sauna will certainly help.

If you are the new fresh meat there, the regulars there will sure circle around you and devour you if you give them the chance. Or if you are the hunter, there should be lots of prey for you to hunt and target.

I did find lots of prey to hunt in Office when I was there a couple of years ago. Then there are Genghis Think of Men and Rainbow where the people there wasn't really as appealing to me when compared with Office Sauna.

I would love to visit Aniki the next time I go and see how it is like there. The price seems a bit high when compared with other saunas.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the chuang tang very far from taipei main station ? will it cost alot if to take a cab back ? cos if were to go late nite. dun think there be trains

it is quite far. you have to take metro to Shipai station, and even from there still hv to take a cab to reach. the place is up on some hilly place with a row of saunas. unlikely to find any cab on your way home. But think there is a valet of a neighbouring sauna, where u can ask him help to call a cab for u to reach the mrt station again

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.