Male HQ

Taiwan - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)

jazz

Guest guest in Taichung

Thanks. I managed to find an alternative. That is to go to the Chungyou or the Sogo shopping mall and make the currency change at any of these places. They even take RMB but are quite strict about the authenticity and the condition of the notes.

I went to the 宏华宫(Hong Hwa Gong) in Taichung. It is not that difficult to find. It is quite near the Taichung Railway Station, and within walking distance. Just ask any of the friendly locals and they will be able to give you some directions. The entrance fee is NT$250 and there is no limit to how long you can stay. Place is reasonably clean, comprising a hot bath area, bathing facilities much like the Japanese onsens, a TV and reading area on the B1 level. At the 2nd floor (the 1st floor is closed, but not sure what is the reason), there are all the dark rooms and a separate TV room where they show the western and japanese pxxn movies, mainly featuring bears or mature. The TV or maybe the disc is faulty as the pics are all very blurred. 3rd floor is the internet and KOK room.

The crowd are mainly mature or the 40s folks with a few young ones who are obviously after mature uncles. Generally they speak Mingnan dialect but are quite polite and considerate, speaking in lowered tones. One or 2 of the uncles were quite blatant going around hunting for their targets. The rest are quite discreet. I was there for a short while but I think this a place worth going again.

While on this, by chance I went to the Taichung Dong Bei area, where there is one Spa Resort. It is very clean and the water are hot spring water from a nearby mountain 2,000m high. The indoor public bath is a nude only area and there are various pools, of varying degree of hotness, a sauna, a steam room and a jacuzzi pool, featuring all sorts of water spouts to provide all the high water pressure for the various parts of the body. Of course, feast your eyes on the array of mainly 40s and above folks, displaying their tools unabashedly. But not much actions as all look decent and if any, are extremely discreet. One man has tattoo all over his body, really a sight to behold and I must say, sexy. But somehow, perhaps due to the taboo attached to tattooed men, alot of the guys avoided him.

There is also a freelance masseur in the resort and his skills is simply great. I think he is straight but if you want a great massage, try him.

And the best part of this whole experience is the package of using the Spa plus an hour of mssage only cost NT$1088 or roughly, S$40. Highly reommended. Here's the address: 406 太中市北屯區东山路二段光西巷78号,tel: 04-22399000. It is a bit off the road and uphill. There are only 2 spas in that area, one if under renovation; so if you ask the locals, they will be able to give you directions. From the Chungyou Shoppping Mall, you can take a public transport No. 21,31 or 85 and drop at the 大庄圆圜 stop. Enjoy.

hello forumers...right now i am in taipei...landed at 9.10 am and staying at Qstay...last night i went to Royal Spa at Nei Jiang street which is just a few blocks from the hotel...the reception guy at Qstay recommended the spa for what he termed as a 'very good massage'...anyway when i went there i was presented with a choice of guys ( i was limited to only four, maybe because clients of the spa could also reserve their favorite masseurs online...so i am assuming that most of the guys are either out on outcalls or have been reserved)on a big pc screen. The profile of each guy shown have details like height, weight as well as ratings on their massage skills and service on previous customers. The guy at the counter also showed the packages they have available but he mostly encouraged me to take up either 2 of the most expensive packages - at TWN$2500 & TWN$3200...the more expensive package includes a hot spring & foam bath plus traditional chinese acupuncture & hot oil aromatheraphy massage...since im a big fan of 'happy endings' i enquired about this as well and was assured by the counter manager that everything was already included in the package and i am not obliged to give my masseur tips unless i feel he deserves to get one...i have to say i was very happy with the service...my masseur was more than obliging in pleasing his customer...the royal spa is more on the expensive side but well worth the money in my opinion...

Hi again, so last night went to another spa/massage here in Ximen district, a spa called So Young Men Spa. It wasn't a very easy place to locate, with only a small sign above the stairwell leading to the spa. The spa itself is located on the 3rd floor. The first floor is a restaurant,the second is a dance studio. Anyway we arrived around 11.30pm and the place closing at 1 am. We were assured though that we could still request for the 2 hour massage package. Since we were there late and did not make any reservations for any of the masseurs we were given the last two available. Mine unfortunately look the least attractive both in facial features and physique, I was just hoping and praying that at least his massage skill would overcome what he lacks in looks. But alas it was even worse! And I took the 2 hour oil aromatheraphy package. The touch was softer than a girl who's afraid that she'll break something fragile. Even after I request the he massaged harder there was little or no improvement. The 'happy ending' felt forced and I indicated that I do not need it but his faced was so determined tht he kept with hand motions on my junk! It's almost funny come to think of it. My opinion on this place is avoid unless you like light feathered touches in your massages or you have prebooked your chosen masseur online. For the NTD2300 I blown on this spa it is not worth a second visit.

Hi again, so last night went to another spa/massage here in Ximen district, a spa called So Young Men Spa. It wasn't a very easy place to locate, with only a small sign above the stairwell leading to the spa. The spa itself is located on the 3rd floor. The first floor is a restaurant,the second is a dance studio. Anyway we arrived around 11.30pm and the place closing at 1 am. We were assured though that we could still request for the 2 hour massage package. Since we were there late and did not make any reservations for any of the masseurs we were given the last two available. Mine unfortunately look the least attractive both in facial features and physique, I was just hoping and praying that at least his massage skill would overcome what he lacks in looks. But alas it was even worse! And I took the 2 hour oil aromatheraphy package. The touch was softer than a girl who's afraid that she'll break something fragile. Even after I request the he massaged harder there was little or no improvement. The 'happy ending' felt forced and I indicated that I do not need it but his faced was so determined tht he kept with hand motions on my junk! It's almost funny come to think of it. My opinion on this place is avoid unless you like light feathered touches in your massages or you have prebooked your chosen masseur online. For the NTD2300 I blown on this spa it is not worth a second visit.

Hi alekzand any more updated as I will be going on 22/09 - 29/09.

Guest alekzand

Hi alekzand any more updated as I will be going on 22/09 - 29/09.

sure...depends on what ur interested in and where we are going...since both I and my travel companion are non-chinese speaking it puts a big disadvantage to be travelling in taipei...especially when it comes to locating discreet gay places...more updates soon...thanks for replying to my post...

Just came back from Taipei this afternoon.

Aniki is a must visit sauna. Go on a Friday or Saturday evening and be prepared to stay late or over-night at the place. You may get the direction to the place from Gaytopia.com. The direction given there is very accurate.

will be in taiwan next week, just wondering where are the recommended gay saunas?

sure...depends on what ur interested in and where we are going...since both I and my travel companion are non-chinese speaking it puts a big disadvantage to be travelling in taipei...especially when it comes to locating discreet gay places...more updates soon...thanks for replying to my post...

anything oso can, so anymore updated ???

Guest taipei oldbird

anything oso can, so anymore updated ???

I visit taipei every 2-3mths. I found this site very useful. If you are able to read chinese, you will be able to find the listing of

a)gayspa in taipei(shops & personal, young & mature/chubby masssuers, some sites have the massuer face/body pic)

b)gay sauna in taipei

c)gay pub/disco

d)you can even buy gay dvd (western & jap) if you able to find the link (very cheap dvd at about SGD5/pc)

e)other gay places in other cities (taichung,kaoshiung..etc)

http://www.gayspa.com.tw

Note: if you looking for taipei listing, you may click on "台北地區" on the left side in the main page

Enjoy...

going to taipei tomorrow. anyone kind to advise what is the boarding fare for taxi in taipei ? also where to shop for nice clothings at reasonable price. thanks.

boarding fare starts from NT$75 ...

there is another 2 ways of getting into Taipei City

1. NT$125 via 國光客運 (located @ T1) stopped @ 台北車站西門 - Travelling time varies as it base on traffic condition

or

2. free shutter to 高鐵. ticket to 台北車站 is NT$220 - travelling time is 10 mins ... as u are travelling @ 335km/h XD

Edited by minichub

I visit taipei every 2-3mths. I found this site very useful. If you are able to read chinese, you will be able to find the listing of

a)gayspa in taipei(shops & personal, young & mature/chubby masssuers, some sites have the massuer face/body pic)

b)gay sauna in taipei

c)gay pub/disco

d)you can even buy gay dvd (western & jap) if you able to find the link (very cheap dvd at about SGD5/pc)

e)other gay places in other cities (taichung,kaoshiung..etc)

http://www.gayspa.com.tw

Note: if you looking for taipei listing, you may click on "台北地區" on the left side in the main page

Enjoy...

Wat do the masseurs wear during they massage u ??

Guest taipei oldbird

Wat do the masseurs wear during they massage u ??

I have patronaged some massuers (30s,40s even 50s) and they were quite accomodating to customer's request. As the massage session in taiwan is 120mins, at the initial stage of the massage session,they will at least in singlet and shorts, but when come to oil massage session, they will take off their shirt (some of them even naked in front of u). In my experience, if the massuer looked yummy to me, I will request them to take off everything and they were quite accomodating.

xiaowei82...i am back in Sabah, Malaysia...unfortunately we did not frequent anymore spas except for the 2 i have mentioned...we did went back to the Royal Spa a couple more times because we found it conveniently located near our hotel QStay...my suggestion is that if you are wanting to explore the various men for men spas in taipei to get to know their mrt system because if you look at utopia map, there are usually spas located near each mrt stations around taipei...another tip which i can tell you is if you feel you want to tip your masseur because of his good 'service' - then don't give him more than NT$200...this is what the manager at Qstay told us...but i usually tip more depending on how well the masseur accommodates me...do not assume all the masseurs are gay...some are (which i found is the best)...and some are straight who just do the job as a side income...i fell in 'love' with my gay masseur and requested him twice when i visited the spa...about the gay pirated dvds taipei oldbird mentioned, yes they are available online...we were told that we could order these dvds online and they could be sent to your hotel within 2 days...the only catch is you need to order 20 pieces per order at a cost of NT$1000 (20 dvds for NT$1000)...but i say why buy when you could easily download these videos online these days what with file sharing and torrent sites...but again it is up to you...oh and we did went to FUNKY...a highly recommended gay club...we went on saturday night at 12 midnight...to enter you have to pay about NT$300 of which comes with 2 beverage of your choice...the interesting fact about clubs in taipei is that everything is located underground...there is absolutely no loud music audible if you are standing outside the entrance of the club...anyways FUNKY seemed like a wateringhole for gay friends to meet other gay friends...it was very crowded...i was a bit disappointed because despite the great music and even a live performance nobody was dancing we stayed for an only a couple hours...my last advice...bring cash...and lots of it...many shops do not accept credit cards...even royal spa don't accept credit card...oh and what i noticed gays around taipei are very body and health conscious...so maybe if you are into this as well...bring some exercise outfits and go to the California Gym in Shimen shopping area near the the Ximen Mrt station...lots of gays go there and who knows you might get lucky!...good luck and njoy ur visit...as for me...we are going again in december...my friend managed to get 2 numbers from 2 taiwanese boys...so he got some unfinished 'business' in taipei...lol...maybe you can keep us inform of your journey when you are there...

xiaowei82...i am back in Sabah, Malaysia...unfortunately we did not frequent anymore spas except for the 2 i have mentioned...we did went back to the Royal Spa a couple more times because we found it conveniently located near our hotel QStay...my suggestion is that if you are wanting to explore the various men for men spas in taipei to get to know their mrt system because if you look at utopia map, there are usually spas located near each mrt stations around taipei...another tip which i can tell you is if you feel you want to tip your masseur because of his good 'service' - then don't give him more than NT$200...this is what the manager at Qstay told us...but i usually tip more depending on how well the masseur accommodates me...do not assume all the masseurs are gay...some are (which i found is the best)...and some are straight who just do the job as a side income...i fell in 'love' with my gay masseur and requested him twice when i visited the spa...about the gay pirated dvds taipei oldbird mentioned, yes they are available online...we were told that we could order these dvds online and they could be sent to your hotel within 2 days...the only catch is you need to order 20 pieces per order at a cost of NT$1000 (20 dvds for NT$1000)...but i say why buy when you could easily download these videos online these days what with file sharing and torrent sites...but again it is up to you...oh and we did went to FUNKY...a highly recommended gay club...we went on saturday night at 12 midnight...to enter you have to pay about NT$300 of which comes with 2 beverage of your choice...the interesting fact about clubs in taipei is that everything is located underground...there is absolutely no loud music audible if you are standing outside the entrance of the club...anyways FUNKY seemed like a wateringhole for gay friends to meet other gay friends...it was very crowded...i was a bit disappointed because despite the great music and even a live performance nobody was dancing we stayed for an only a couple hours...my last advice...bring cash...and lots of it...many shops do not accept credit cards...even royal spa don't accept credit card...oh and what i noticed gays around taipei are very body and health conscious...so maybe if you are into this as well...bring some exercise outfits and go to the California Gym in Shimen shopping area near the the Ximen Mrt station...lots of gays go there and who knows you might get lucky!...good luck and njoy ur visit...as for me...we are going again in december...my friend managed to get 2 numbers from 2 taiwanese boys...so he got some unfinished 'business' in taipei...lol...maybe you can keep us inform of your journey when you are there...

then alekzand, wat does the masseurs in Royal Spa wear when they massage u :rolleyes:

then alekzand, wat does the masseurs in Royal Spa wear when they massage u :rolleyes:

they wore white singlets/t-shirts and white shorts...if you take a 2 hour session involving oil aromatheraphy, they will take off their t-shirt during the use of oil...but you can request for them to take it all off...i guess it depends on how well your masseur likes you...some will, some will not...i usually request but if they dont comply i would grab their shorts and take it off myself!!! :twisted: anyhows i always tip generously no matter how terrible the session goes...did i tell you your 'happy ending' is already included in the session?

they wore white singlets/t-shirts and white shorts...if you take a 2 hour session involving oil aromatheraphy, they will take off their t-shirt during the use of oil...but you can request for them to take it all off...i guess it depends on how well your masseur likes you...some will, some will not...i usually request but if they dont comply i would grab their shorts and take it off myself!!! :twisted: anyhows i always tip generously no matter how terrible the session goes...did i tell you your 'happy ending' is already included in the session?

oic i tot it's like bkk the masseurs will be in naked. So it means i need to tell them to be naked. :oops: but it's up to them wheather they wan to be naked anot izzit :swear: ??Wat if the masseurs dun like u <_< ?Btw how can u tell if the masseurs is gay or str8 ??? :o

Edited by xiaowei82

oic i tot it's like bkk the masseurs will be in naked. So it means i need to tell them to be naked. :oops: but it's up to them wheather they wan to be naked anot izzit :swear: ??Wat if the masseurs dun like u <_< ?Btw how can u tell if the masseurs is gay or str8 ??? :o

you really can't tell if they are gay or not...i myself asked them personally during the session, and they were pretty sincere about their answer and anyway you can always tell if they are by the way they handle you on the massage table...basically you're playing with luck...if you get a good masseur then you'll enjoy the session...if not then its not...the experience will be entirely up to you...

I am keen.... will be travelling from 29 Dec 10 to 5 Jan 11 via jetstar.

total $660.90/pax...

29 Dec 10SGDPer PassengerSIN - 7:10 AM

TPE - 11:50 AM

05 Jan 11SGDPer PassengerTPE - 19:30 PM

SIN - 0:05 AM (+1)

i m interested too

wat is the itinerary?

FOR ALL TRAVELLER - YOU CAN USE YOUR DBS/POSB CARD TO WITHDRAWL CASH AT THEIR DBS BRANCH - NO FEE CHARGER.

with a PLUS or CIRRUS printed at the back of ur ATM card, you can withdraw money at any Taiwan ATM teller with the sticker PLUS / CIRRUS. Some ATM teller like the ones from Chunghwa Bank doesnt support PLUS / CIRRUS. The sure ATM teller is Bank of Taiwan, First Bank, Cathay Bank.

Each withdrawal cost around SGD$5 and thats for UOB. As for DBS i'm not sure what is their convenience charge.

All banks accept USD as main currency. Japanese banks accept USD and YEN. Central banks, not inclusive of Business banks, supports foreign exchange such as SGD or even RM to NTD.

Hi, I am going to Taiwan too for 7 days in December. I was thinking about SGD$500. Though the rates are good in Taipei airport, I will getting into Taipei about 10pm. Kinda late to change currency. I will most probably do it in Singapore.

:)

Hi Guys,

Need some advice here !!!

Would like to know if I'm going taiwan for 7 days(with tour), roughly how much Singapore money should I convert?

Thanks =)

Hi, you can book thru the internet. I was recommanded to go to either Agoda, Hotels.com or AsiaHotel.com. Hope it helps.

Hey guys,

I am traveling to Taiwan coming few weeks and haven't gotten my hotel for Kaohsiung & Taichung city. Can anyone help recommend hotel or Qi Che Lu Guan for the places? Grateful if you can help

Elton

Guest taiwan visitor

Hi MachiGachi

I read your postings on the saunas you visited in Taipei - thanks for sharing. Can you tell me how you would rate Rainbow vs Office ? I have been to Office but never to Rainbow. My preference is chubs, bears, cubs.

thanks

Guest taipei oldbird

Hi, I am going to Taiwan too for 7 days in December. I was thinking about SGD$500. Though the rates are good in Taipei airport, I will getting into Taipei about 10pm. Kinda late to change currency. I will most probably do it in Singapore.

:)

The money changers in Taipei airport operates 24hrs, some of them operates till 11pm,so you still can change yr money from the airport. It is advisable to change in Taipei airport,as the exchange rate is much better than Spore.

Guest taipei oldbird

Hi MachiGachi

I read your postings on the saunas you visited in Taipei - thanks for sharing. Can you tell me how you would rate Rainbow vs Office ? I have been to Office but never to Rainbow. My preference is chubs, bears, cubs.

thanks

If you like cub/bear/chub, Office suits you very much, as Rainbow are mostly for young & non-chub. If you have time, you can check out "Han Si Sauna漢士三溫暖" where you can find 30s & above guys. If you like older man, you can try "Huang Gong Sauna皇宮三溫暖" or the newly opened "Da Shanghai Sauna大上海三溫暖" http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/bio42010

Guest taiwan visitor

Hi taipei oldbird

Thanks for your suggestions. I googled and found some comments on Dashanghai - not very favourable - so I went to OFFICE yesterday. Many people even on a thur. It cost NT200 (for 20 hours, with a one time out for dinner etc max of 6 hours). Some of the facilities are a little run-down but generally, it is good value for money.

Oldbird, anything in general worth sight-seeing and/or buying from Taipei ?

thanks again

• 3 weeks later...
Guest new trip

boarding fare starts from NT$75 ...

there is another 2 ways of getting into Taipei City

1. NT$125 via 國光客運 (located @ T1) stopped @ 台北車站西門 - Travelling time varies as it base on traffic condition

or

2. free shutter to 高鐵. ticket to 台北車站 is NT$220 - travelling time is 10 mins ... as u are travelling @ 335km/h XD

hi minichub,

regarding your info on item 1 above, is the transportation 24 hrs (coz i would only reach 10+pm)?

And "台北車站西門" refers to XiMenDing area right?

dear all forumers,

i am planning my 1st trip to taipei (maybe somewhere around as well), need your help & would appreciate it lots (coz read thru this whole thread but din find much info as yet)...

(1) is visa required for travel to taiwan?

(2) is it enough for a day trip to say, sun moon lake/taroko gorge, then return back to taipei? or it is best to spend 1-2 days at each place?

(3) is the expenditure high in taipei? usually how much would a person spend in a week?

thanks a lot!! :)

hi minichub,

regarding your info on item 1 above, is the transportation 24 hrs (coz i would only reach 10+pm)?

And "台北車站西門" refers to XiMenDing area right?

dear all forumers,

i am planning my 1st trip to taipei (maybe somewhere around as well), need your help & would appreciate it lots (coz read thru this whole thread but din find much info as yet)...

(1) is visa required for travel to taiwan?

(2) is it enough for a day trip to say, sun moon lake/taroko gorge, then return back to taipei? or it is best to spend 1-2 days at each place?

(3) is the expenditure high in taipei? usually how much would a person spend in a week?

thanks a lot!! :)

(1) Not needed for Singapore passport.

Also suggest check out cathay pacific for flight - sometimes have good deals but must check flight arrival time. Sometimes price is better than/comparable to Jetstar.

(2) Sun Moon Lake and Taroko Gorge are not in Taipei city itself - you might wanna see if the High Speed Rail (HSR) goes thru the provinces/cities they are in - am not sure...I went with tour group last time...I think Sun Moon Lake in Nantou and Taroko in Hualien - sorry can't remember. I guess depends if you really like such scenic places you might want to spend more time there? I'm not so much a nature person so actually I found these two places not so interesting... =P

I think there are day-trips you can arrange to go these places...

HSR website: http://www.thsrc.com.tw/en/

I don't think you need to book tickets online - you might wanna go to the train station the day before to buy the tickets for the next day...the HSR station control is in the same location as its MRT at Taipei Station, just ask around which level. In Mandarin HSR is called Gao1 Tie3...

(3) Food and accomodation is generally cheap in TPE...cheaper than HK, more ex than BKK...probably SGD 1k per person more than sufficient depending on how you spend? Night markets and food usu only pay by cash. Fancy restaurants and retail can use credit card...

E.g. a bowl of pork rice I think around NT90 as estimate? Bubble tea NT40? A normal dinner for two (not in fancy restaurant) with a few dishes costs about NT250?

For transport suggest buy an EZ link card from any MRT station - any unused $$$ can get refund from station control over the counter - so on last day or day before just remember to get your refund.

Cab from TPE city to airport is NT1000 usually - it's a flat fee...else buy a coach bus ticket from Taipei Bus Terminal but do rem to check bus timings - quite frequent usually...about 1 to 1.5 h bet airport and TPE City travel time by coach bus.. Some hotels will also help you arrange i.e. call for coach to pick you from hotel doorstep or nearby...I stayed at Royal Castle...they helped me arrange for NT5 - fee for phone call... =)

Accomodation I have tried Royal Castle and TS Hotel...both in XiMenDing. OK, but rooms in Taipei are usually small and hotels in XMD usu old so don't expect too much...Single rooms sometimes no windows!

I've not been but a place to hangout and people watch - so I've heard - is Red House or Red Theatre (Hong Lou) Square in Ximending.

Massages can try So Young Man Spa or The Royal Spa...check out on Utopia site: http://www.utopia-asia.com/taipmasa.htm

Hot springs try Chuan Tang: http://www.utopia-asia.com/taipsaun.htm

Hope this helps...

Guest new trip

Massages can try So Young Man Spa or The Royal Spa...check out on Utopia site: http://www.utopia-asia.com/taipmasa.htm

Hot springs try Chuan Tang: http://www.utopia-asia.com/taipsaun.htm

Hope this helps...

hi tw22, thanks a lot for sharing, was abt to think i am not gonna get any reply, haha...

really appreciate ur assistance! cheers! :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.