Male HQ

Budget Hotel/Hotel 81 Discussion - Check Guest I C + Showing Nric / Fin Card For Hotel 81? + Still Have Hourly Rates? (Compiled)

Guest Curious81

Guest Curious81

Heard from a friend that now hotel81 will check on both guests' IDs , Anyone can confirmed that ? Was thinking of going with my partner but will be funny if 2 guys check in together.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not Person A do the booking alone, go up to the room, and then sms Person B (and C and D and...) the room number?

Person B (and C and D...) will then enter Hotel 81 and go straight to the room directly. no checking required.

or are you saying that Hotel81 now checks the ID of all visitors entering the rooms area?

Guest Danvin

why not Person A do the booking alone, go up to the room, and then sms Person B (and C and D and...) the room number?

Person B (and C and D...) will then enter Hotel 81 and go straight to the room directly. no checking required.

or are you saying that Hotel81 now checks the ID of all visitors entering the rooms area?

I can confirm that. I was at hotel 81 last night. The receptionist demanded to look at my partner's Id.

He will not let me have the keys till he saw my partner's details.

Guest surelyugessian

if all hotel81 also like that, think will avoid going already

we'll just go to saunas then..., cheaper too.

boy-girl couples have to do it in toilet cubicles or hong lim park for a change. :whistle:

seriously, 81's staff are developing a bit of attitude.

this loss of biz will shake them up a bit.

i think they just want to make sure no unwelcome ppl in the hotel...otherwise even if 2 guys share a room nothing wrong also unless they have cctv to record ur activity and bang ur door to catch u for gay sex? i doubt so.

Guest curious81

So Danvin , both of you check in together ? from what my friend said is , even they will ask you are you checking in alone , if you say got people coming , they want to check the ID of your guest also. I think hotel still got more privacy then sauna ? heard will have people peeping one.

So Danvin , both of you check in together ? from what my friend said is , even they will ask you are you checking in alone , if you say got people coming , they want to check the ID of your guest also. I think hotel still got more privacy then sauna ? heard will have people peeping one.

Yes we both check in together but he just look at my partner's ID only. The hotel was quite empty i must say. This hotel was raided a few days ago.

probably because of this.

Hotel 81 licensee charged for allowing his room to be used for prostitution activities

By Shaffiq Alkhatib | Posted: 03 August 2010 1217 hrs

SINGAPORE: A licensee of Hotel 81 has been charged with five counts of allowing his rooms to be used for prostitution activities.

41-year-old Chu Poh Yong from the popular budget hotel chain is believed to have committed the offences at two of its branches between April 27 and June 19 this year.

They are Hotel 81 Cosy at Jiak Chuan Road in the Chinatown area and Hotel 81 Mayo at Jalan Besar.

Chu will be back in court on August 31.

He isn't the first budget hotel licensee to be hauled to court for allegedly allowing sex workers to operate in his property.

52-year-old Siah Chen Long who runs Shing Hotel at Kitchener Road in Little India pleaded guilty to a similar offence in April this year.

A licensee who knowingly allows sex workers to ply their trade within his property breaches the Hotels Licensing Regulations.

He could be fined up to S$1,000.

For a second or subsequent conviction, the licensee could be fined the maximum S$2,000.

The hotel's certificates of registration may be cancelled or suspended.

Its licenses may also be cancelled. - CNA/vm

source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1073010/1/.html

Yes, it is illegal to rent it out for a few hours too. Hence, best is stop using hotel as your xxx place as you might be the one appeared on tv or newspaper next. Also some insiders might tip the police off and thus you could get caught during the raid. Better be safe than sorry. I suggest u do it at your house or at sauna. No point paying for 1-2 hrs fun and regret the rest of the life.

so is it considered illegal between 2 willing parties without money involved i.e. non-prostitution activities?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

1. So far the info in this thread seems to be based on second hand information from friends.

Secondly do NOT know whether it is a blanket tightening of check for ALL Hotel81 branches or

only for SOME problematic branches that got into trouble with prostitution.

2. Can Members / Guest who have gone personally to Hotel81 in the Last 1 week for whatever business.

Please confirm or UNconfirm. Please mention the branch that you were at and whether the staff checked ID for you and your friend.

3. Thanks.

Guest hotel 81 guest

i am a bw member but i prefer to write this as a guest as i dun want the whole world to know i went to hotel 81 :P

my friend and i went to hotel 81 near the Kemangan mrt station along upper changi road on 13 aug 2010 night

as this is the first time i went to hotel 81, i am not familiar and asked my friend to register and check in and i just stood beside him

at the counter ....the staff only asked for my friend IC and gave him back the IC after scanning followed by the room card key.

my friend paid sgd30 for 2 hours. they did not ask for my IC .....as there are 2 female and 1 male staff, i felt a bit shy and awkward - 2 guys checked in the hotel. :oops:

luckily, they did not pay much attention on us as i think they are already used to see guys going hotel regularly ... :D

in conclusion, hotel 81 checked the IC of one person who checked in the hotel based on my experience 2 days ago :lol:

1. So far the info in this thread seems to be based on second hand information from friends.

Secondly do NOT know whether it is a blanket tightening of check for ALL Hotel81 branches or

only for SOME problematic branches that got into trouble with prostitution.

2. Can Members / Guest who have gone personally to Hotel81 in the Last 1 week for whatever business.

Please confirm or UNconfirm. Please mention the branch that you were at and whether the staff checked ID for you and your friend.

3. Thanks.

Hi Hendry1

I was at Hotel 81 Kovan on 13th August.I am not sure if other branches require to see the ID of your partner.

Guest SAD SAD

You are right some way.

The reason why they din check yours is - 81 now want to see the check-in personal.

If both party are there, then one will be sufficient.

This is the reason why your ID was not scanned.

It is confirmed that we need 2 IDs to be scanned for H81 now..

SAD SAD...

On 8/15/2010 at 11:34 PM, hotel 81 guest said:

i am a bw member but i prefer to write this as a guest as i dun want the whole world to know i went to hotel 81 :P

my friend and i went to hotel 81 near the Kemangan mrt station along upper changi road on 13 aug 2010 night

as this is the first time i went to hotel 81, i am not familiar and asked my friend to register and check in and i just stood beside him

at the counter ....the staff only asked for my friend IC and gave him back the IC after scanning followed by the room card key.

my friend paid sgd30 for 2 hours. they did not ask for my IC .....as there are 2 female and 1 male staff, i felt a bit shy and awkward - 2 guys checked in the hotel. :oops:

luckily, they did not pay much attention on us as i think they are already used to see guys going hotel regularly ... :D

in conclusion, hotel 81 checked the IC of one person who checked in the hotel based on my experience 2 days ago :lol:

if u r already there ...

Edited by steelwings

guess if u r already there besides him there is no need to see yr ID...

Tat true! i did try to check in Hotel 81 Kovan on 12 /8/10 1st , but the staff told me that now they need the other person that coming later ID ....... :(

Then i tried Fragrance whic is just beside, the staff also told me the same thing...... :(

Guest iz_ariays

Oh no... I really hope all this checking ID process is temporary otherwise my partner & I need to put our pokerface at the counters everytime we check in for the weekends. And I usually leave it to him to always do the booking while I wait outside as he is quite closeted.

Die larr~~

And it is true that if ppl decide to check in for a couple of hours, they are susceptible to raids? Can anyone confirm this, or is it just a rumour?

Thanks.

I'm working as a front desk staff for hotel 81.

Basically, we, front desk, had seen too many about transit stay until it's numb to us already. We have more paper work to do than to care about what you do in the room, unless you cause damage to the room or have more than 3 ~ 4 people in the room for a long time. Because most room is only main for two adults the most. Imagine that if we care about Guy A checking in with guy B, and Guy c checking with girl D and etc... until we knock off we still can't finish our work on the front desk... We may seen like relaxing behind the counter. But, we are not!!!

Edited by like wind

By the way, we will only be more cautious for foreigner( mainly is passport holder only) who look like prostitutes. So, the thing about checking two id is just what the HQ / boss want us to do. We are also working for other. So, please be understand as this basically is nothing if the two check in is singaporean / pr / work permit holder/ etc.

It is so embrasing for 2 guys to check-in together with both ID at hotel 81. We r all forded into corner liao. Now seems better go to remote park to do. Any suggestion?

Yup ! Confirmed. Hotel 81 at rochor and little India are checking IDs for all walk in customers asking for transit rooms. Hotel 81 had tightened their rules due to the recent prostitution case that happened in one of the branches. I do know some branches don't check.

And yes ! They are losing a lot of business recently. Check ID and nobody wanna go there for sex anymore.

At time of writing, not all hotel 81s require that both guests IDs b checked. It depends on which branch u go. Yes it can b embarrassing if they need to see both guests b present but as far as being caught for illegal activities us concerned, there's absolutely nothing to worry about. Nothing.

The issue with the recent raids is not because that these arrested girls are prostitutes, but because they are holders of foreign passports on a social visit pass with either no work permits, employment pass or have them but already expired.

Imagine if a local sporean girl have sex with a man for money in the room. How will the authorities ever proof it is such case? They never can and never will bother to. The main issue here is.... Illegal immigrants. So, a filipino maid with a valid work permit checking in with her bangla worker boyfriend will also have nothing to worry abt.

For 2 or more men checking in...local or otherwise, the main concern is..... Drug activities. If u r clean then u r safe.

A Filipino maid checking in with her bangla worker boyfriend have nothing to worry about unless.... She was reported missing by her employer.

The recent series of raids on the streets of Chinatown especially Lucky Chinatown area also only targetted illegal foreigners, mostly the china boys.

Some local male spas were not spared the raids either. Several boys were arrested but again all foreigners...

Myanmese, Thais n Viets mostly.... with no permits.

So the common denominator for all such raid scenarios, Hotel, spas, ktvs and on the streets of Chinatown, geylang etc are (illegal) foreign nationals.

For 2 or more men checking in...local or otherwise, the main concern is..... Drug activities. If u r clean then u r safe.

if there is a check/raid and no drugs were found, but all the men in the room were in various stages of undress, obviously in the middle of an orgy, will the men be charged in any way?

Forget various states of undress. Even if all the men in the room are completely naked, the police can't proof sexual gay activities are taking place...., unless they physicallly see the act of oral sex, anal penetration sex with their own eyeballs.... or unless the men confess n give a statement that they were indeed having sex.

Naked male bodies together are commonly found in public pools toilets, gym shower rooms, army n police bunks, outdoor campsites etc. How can the police proof they are having sex if the actual act if sex us bit witnessed?

It is also fine legally for a few men to b naked and having sex with just one woman in an orgy, as long as it is consensual n done in privacy.

Hotel81 like other hotel rooms have a catch from inside to prevent outsiders from barging in. I don think the police caught the girls n clients completely red handed having sex.

Its only upon checking her ID and discovered a foreigner with no permit was she arrested.

It is also not illegal if several naked men see

"How can the police proof they are having sex if the actual act if sex us bit witnessed?"

supposed to read: How can the police proof they are having sex if the actual act of sex is not witnessed?

"It is also not illegal if several naked men see"

pls ignore above quote.

Guest legal issues

if there is a check/raid and no drugs were found, but all the men in the room were in various stages of undress, obviously in the middle of an orgy, will the men be charged in any way?

I think they would not charge the group of men found naked in a hotel room, if no illegal possession or consumption of drugs was found. They do not enforce S377a if it is merely gay sex between consensual adults in a private space (e.g. not doing it in a public park).

thanks for the replies to my question!

wrt the earlier posts where concern was expressed about the checking of ID, i want to ask... why ah? if it's just checking and there is no noting down of particulars, what is there to fear or be embarrassed about?

thanks for the replies to my question!

wrt the earlier posts where concern was expressed about the checking of ID, i want to ask... why ah? if it's just checking and there is no noting down of particulars, what is there to fear or be embarrassed about?

they are embarrassed to b checked just like most PLUs are embarrassed to publicly acknowledge themselves as gay. And 2 men checking into a hotel room together is as good as doing that; declaring themselves as gay.

Guest surelyigessian

If the issue is purely fear of being exposed or fear of leaving a record, then you and your partner should check out a local sauna.

alreday tried that.

first time we went to hercules. he went first, i arrived later.

i looked everywhere for my ah pek. when i called him, his phone was in the locker.

waited for an hour. then i so pissed i left.

i refused to answer all his calls the whole nite. i so upset thinking he maybe go tackle some other young men.

the next day, we went to 10mens, after all the you know what about kiss and make up.

we were so loving together. i screw him jialat jialat. he loved every minute of it.

but, wha, my legs so tired from the squatting.

i miss making out in hotel 81, where i usually stand and screw him at the edge of the bed.

his butt raised over 2 pillows gives my just the right angle to work on his g-spot. :thumb:

so you go saunas, sometimes misunderstanding can occur, and frankly speaking screwing someone on the floor cushion is very hardwork.

Guest entrapment

you will never know... they can set entrapment to capture gay, they can excuse any crime to you too once you are caught. :blink:

After an entrapment case (entrapment for gay sex) has been thrown out of court, it seems there was no more attempt to entrap people for gay sex. In addition, the govt announced that they are not going to prosecute people for consensual gay sex between adults in private place.

So therefore it is ok for one to have gay sex among consensual adults, without illegal consumption of drugs, in a hotel room.

• IkuTube changed the title to Budget Hotel/Hotel 81 Discussion - Check Guest I C + Showing Nric / Fin Card For Hotel 81? + Still Have Hourly Rates? (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.