Male HQ

Gay / Queer Themed Movie / TV Series / Short Film / Music Video MTV / Commercials (Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)

Guest Xiaoxiong

十七岁的天空 is shit. i brought the vcd in HK...now dumped in my drawer...who wants it i can give u FREE....

frozen flower??? nothing special about it. disappointing.

There is a korean gay movie called NO REGRET. go wikipedia and google on it. The bottom guy looks cute...also acted in kr horror movie GP503

Guest Guest_kpo

Just finished watching Permanent Residence and like many had read it , wilson loved ivan too , just that his mindset does not allow him to walk out of his " I am a man , i am not gay" thinking. So instead he choose death. cos he knows ivan still love him alot over the years and he did try to do anything he can but he just cannot cross the sex with another guy line. Very sad story. they ending a bit like bishonen ? where one of them killed himself in the end ? cannot rem the reason oreadi cos very long ago. Anyway Love of Siam still my fav !!!

Formula 17 - it's good @ least for a lauff

City w/o baseball - only good for some hunky scene n nothing else!

Banquet - nice touching story

Permanent Residence - sad but touching yet very artistic

Love of siam - sweet puppy love with sad ending too

Another gay story Part 1/2 - for good lauffs

Heartbreaker club - touching

then there is a road trip or something - very sad but touching stories

Guess alot of director did not ends the movie with "forever happily after " is becos though they are fliming gay theme movies but they do not want to go against the major as in "Gay is good". Thus they will usually not have a happily ever after. Personally that is what i feel lar.

Like disney cartoon always make touching stories with happily ever after but usually the real stories is not like that. Cos that is to capture the major market.

Love of Siam is just a nice movie to watch because of these cute guys but there are so many "mistakes" ... anyway, it is my opinion only.

Same for Frozen Flowers, I watched half and could not finish the whole movie. I dont understand what director/author tried to say instead showing too much sex scenes. I think it is same a King and Clown.

Talking about Gay movies, I like Brokeback Mountain, Happy Together, ... I heard good reviews about Bishonen then will watch it soon :D.

Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people

Same for Frozen Flowers, I watched half and could not finish the whole movie. I dont understand what director/author tried to say instead showing too much sex scenes. I think it is same a King and Clown.

Frozen Flower is a story of 3 people - the king, his imperial guard and the queen.

The king and the guards were lovers for 10 years

He need an heir to succeed his throne asap otherwise got problem.

He command his guard to XXX the queen to produce an heir, thinking hes got a perfect plan - they can still be together while queen will bear a baby "as beautiful and his lover".

Then things went wrong.(1st twist)

The guard fell for the queen.

King got jealous, castrated and locked-up the guard.

Guard escaped but returned to kill the king thinking that he had killed the queen.

After he killed the king then he realised his mistake.(2nd twist)

Yes, I agree that there were too much sex scene between the quard and the queen. But I guess they were neccessary to show how the guard progress - whos first attempt failed and succeed only in the second try and subsequently begining to enjoy it.

You should continue with the movie and I think you'll enjoy it.

Talking about Gay movies, I like Brokeback Mountain, Happy Together, ... I heard good reviews about Bishonen then will watch it soon :D.

Yes, you should watch Bishonen.

Although is more than 10 years old and the sex scenes are much tamer compare to today's standard, but it was well made with a nice story too.

I would recommend the Korean movie Bungee Jumping of Their Own starring Lee Byung Hun. Just watched it again over the weekend and still moved by it. IMO one of the best gay themed Asian movies. The gay theme is not apparent in the trailer.

Edited by joshlee

I must confess i really catch no ball. Either that, or maybe the director trying too hard to make the movie 'artistic'. Like the saying goes, if u cant convince them, confuse them.....I find most art films like this, always baffling and confusing, as if the director deliberately do so in a bid to try to pull off his film as an 'artisitc', 'thinking' kind of film.....

OTherwise, this movie is not bad....i appreciate the kind of friendship btw 2 guys, one that transcends the carnal.....

Above comment is on the movie Permanent Residence, and I agree. The movie comes across as being pretentious and indulgent. It's like the director is out to make an art house movie using every trick in the book - exotic locations, incomprehensible imagery, long rambling commentary plus a liberal dose of nudity. As much as I enjoy ogling at naked male bodies, I think the overuse cheapens this movie. It's a pity though, because it had the potential to be a personal, poignant tale of love/friendship between a gay and straight man.

Edited by joshlee

Yes, "The Masseur" is from Philippines. Anyone watched it already?

Another name for this movie is MASASHITA, The Massuer. Its from Philippines and in tagalog, without subtitle. :(

The male lead Coco Martin is quite an eye candy.

He is even more daring in another movie SERBIS , where you can get a few glimpse of his huge hardon :twisted:

Edited by cock brand

Love these, good story and acting:

- The Trip (2002)

- Big Eden

- Shelter

- Priest

- Le fate ignoranti

- Naked Boys Singing (2007)

- Were the world mine (2008)

These also good, cute actors with avg acting and story:

- East Side Story

- The Curiosity of Chance

- Mulligans

- Boy Culture

For Asian movies:

- No Regrets (korean)

- Lan Yu (the first gay movie I saw, great acting but sad ending)

- Love of Siam (good story and great song)

Just watched "Bishonen" last night and feel so so disappointed.

Bad acting, bad director and very normal story. 3/10. I felt wasting my time :(.

Sorry that you find the movie lousy.

For the acting part, all the actors are new, especially Daniel Wu (Sam), it was his debut in acting so I do agree that his acting was abit green.

As for the story, I think it was quite fresh and not too bad. The dialogue was in Cantonese and you may not fully understand.

The chinese title translate literally was : A Handsome Young Man's Love.

Which young men, there were 3 of them - Jet, Sam or Ah Ching?

The story started with Jet, a popular gigolo searching for love and met a hunk, Sam, one day on the street.

He was totally attracted to Sam, found him fresh and innocent, compared to all his clients.

But he didn't know of Sam's dark past.

Story move to Sam - Sam started working in an office and met nerd Ah Ching who got madly in love with Sam and they eventually went to bed.

Sam later met another guy, an aspiring actor and got crazy over him.

But actor needed lots of money for his extravagant lifestyle, so Sam approach Ah Ching for help.

Ah Ching without hesitation went on to become a call boy to earn money for Sam to give to actor.

Sam even do erotic photography to earn extra money to feed the actor!

Sam later became a cop thats when he met Jet.

Jet committed suicide because he couldn't face his dad anymore.

When he saw his dad weeping silently in the balcony, he knew his dad saw them (Jet and Sam) in bed and he had thoroughly disappointed his dad although dad pretend that nothing happened.

The last 10 minutes is the most crucial of the story.

Sam left a letter to Jet before he died.

In the letter, Sam revealed that he knew all along about Jet's intention and that he love Jet very much too.

The story started with Jet seeking love and ended with Jet sleeping peacefully because he just discovered that he had been loved!

It seems that Jet was the predator and Sam the prey but actually Sam was leading Jet on into his trap instead.

The movie did move back and forth, sometimes now, sometimes flashback, just like Permanent Resident, so that might make the story telling quite confusing.

Wonder which part you think the director had failed.

Edited by cock brand

Thanks CB for your explanation. It is not that I dont understand what story is or what the director tried to say but what I dont like :

- Acting is really bad. Agreed all actors are new but it is not an excuse for me. May be people will say that was 1998 and gay topic was still very new but let's watch "Happy Together", it was made 1997 and the gay scenes were more "real".

- This is I dont know who I should blame director or actors. Do you feel there is love between Sam & Ah Ching, Sam & "actor" ? I did not. I only found Sam seeked sex.

- The story for me is not new at all, may be it was 1998 and now 2009.

- I watched with English subtitle and it did not mean that Sam committed suicide, only saying that he left. And if he killed himself, it is worse.

And the actress Qi Shu is only for handing the letter ? She is not a girlfriend and even does not take important role in Sam's life, only see them together one time and Jet even asked her for a FUKC ??? Cant understand what director tried to say. :wacko:

Btw, after watching this movie, I watched "The wedding Banquet" and it is really nice, funny actually :D and I do like it. :clap:

I like this conversation between A and B in Bishonen:

A: Are you gay?

B: I am if you are.

Can use it in real life lor :)

This reminds me about the Permanent Residence when the Israel guy asked Ivan when interviewing on TV. And I HATE this and found this is not real in life.

Do you think that if you are gay, will you ask another gay on TV show this question ? If you are, then it is terrible. I just HATE the Israel guy for this action even he is nice or not.

But for above quote, I think you can use in real life between 2 gay guys ;) ... for flirting :rolleyes:

I would recommend the Korean movie Bungee Jumping of Their Own starring Lee Byung Hun. Just watched it again over the weekend and still moved by it. IMO one of the best gay themed Asian movies. The gay theme is not apparent in the trailer.

Potential spoiler !!!

IMO this is not really gay movie. The main character feels the connection with another guy because that guy has something belonged to his truly first love (her, who has passed away). It's kind of reincarnation thing, make me remember to "back soon", another westerner gay movie with similar idea (soul moving between different gender).

Only I don't like this suicide thingy, why it's apparently so normal on gay movies :( ?

After Elton has a list of the 50 greatest gay movies here:

http://www.afterelton.com/movies/2008/9/50greatestgaymovies

Maurice and C.R.A.Z.Y. are not very well known but among my favourites. The list is rather US centric. Many good movies, particularly the non-English films, are not included, e.g. Hamam, Come Undone, Adventures of Felix.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watch this movie "Between Love & Goodbye"

Can you promise forever ?

How difficult is it to keep your closed relationship ?

And how important to have good friends ? So be selective :thumb:

I watch this show just the other day... it so touching and needless to say it end with a sad ending... :(

Jurong West

*When there is love, There is HOPE...*

Unexpectedly explicit!!!

Watched Shortbus long time ago, there are many nude scenes ;), story isnt special.:(

There is a scene the actor cumming into his mouth, I tried many times that position but very difficult :unsure: ... anyone here succeed ? :lol:

Watched Shortbus long time ago, there are many nude scenes ;), story isnt special.:(

There is a scene the actor cumming into his mouth, I tried many times that position but very difficult :unsure: ... anyone here succeed ? :lol:

Yeh, the movie has not much story, its more than softpxxn - theres even one 3some scene where the guys sucking off each other's hardon!

I remember that part - the actor can actually bend to suck himself!

Unless you are an acrobat or gymnast that can bend like this, otherwise you just shoot all over your own face, haha. :P

Btw, where can i get the movie "ShortBus" :)

I don't think you can get it locally since it IS considered a pxxn .. I saw it on display in Australia probably more than a year ago .. Maybe you can find the pirated version in Bangkok .. much cheaper than to travel all the way to Australia (and buy the original version as well) :P

I downloaded from gay-torrents. Its free and w/o censor. The commercial go-go boys business is similar to tat in Bangkok. Its a good movie as compared to other movie such as Shanghai panic which is very badly made.

Hi! I've also downloaded the movie last week.

Mine has English subtitles but I wouldn't mind translating for you guys.

When do you want to watch it? Anybody here with big TV? Hehehe. :-)

I downloaded from gay-torrents. Its free and w/o censor. The commercial go-go boys business is similar to tat in Bangkok. Its a good movie as compared to other movie such as Shanghai panic which is very badly made.

could only find an unsub-ed version.

mind rapidsharing it wit us? :))

• G_M changed the title to Gay Themed Music Video / MTV (compiled)
  • G_M locked, locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.