Male HQ

Swimmers club

begleitung

5 minutes ago, axefactor said:

Maybe just an exceptional few. Most of them aren't really in good shape to look good in swim briefs so they might feel self conscious. :)

you'd be surprise how good their swimming is haha. and besides the most important thing is how good you are at rescuing someone

Edited by morningglory

50 minutes ago, Torrent said:

Personally, there's another less showy method to do it without flipping 360. The method you speak of, if you don't do it right, water gets into your nose and oh god that feeling sucks the most.

tell me about it. Nose full of water, spraining my neck but nothing serious etc. Sometimes i get it right, sometimes i dont. Just as i was about to get it right, they closed. 

52 minutes ago, axefactor said:

The reason why I love swimming and for that matter most water sports is that you dun get that sticky feeling from sweating. I tend to sweat too much and I dislike it. Swimming is good overall for the body as it has the least impact on the joints and you really work those calories if you push yourself hard enough. 

Re eye candy, I have personally never seen one at Kallang so far lol..maybe wrong timing :)

True, you dont need any fancy equipment or shoes etc to swim. Plus it is low impact. 

as for eye candies, you just have to look at the mirror, axefactor. ;)

36 minutes ago, morningglory said:

ermm yeah but they do not follow the Swim Safer course. Swim Safer is targeted for kids. in adult classes, focus is placed on learning strokes and building endurance

Got it, thanks. 

going back to one person per lane, i think it would only work if slots are pre-booked so nobody has to wait forever or anywhere. 

7 minutes ago, begleitung said:

Got it, thanks. 

going back to one person per lane, i think it would only work if slots are pre-booked so nobody has to wait forever or anywhere. 

I remember during my lessons long ago, the deep pool we swam in would occasionally have one section cordoned off. And that tiny remaining section was used by several classes, as well as the general public. It was a nightmare having to navigate between strokes and while trying to hit timings.

39 minutes ago, Torrent said:

I remember during my lessons long ago, the deep pool we swam in would occasionally have one section cordoned off. And that tiny remaining section was used by several classes, as well as the general public. It was a nightmare having to navigate between strokes and while trying to hit timings.

Not sure if that would be implemented anyway. End of this month they might re-open?

do yall wear a cap?

25 minutes ago, begleitung said:

Not sure if that would be implemented anyway. End of this month they might re-open?

do yall wear a cap?

Might be open in phase two with a quota system and if they want to allow more people to swim, they might implement a timing system as well.

i do wear a cap for my swims. Protects the hair from the damaging effects of chlorine.

Just curious, how Long do you guys spend at the pool? How do you guys train?

2 minutes ago, begleitung said:

I m not even sure if i can consider it as training, as i swim real slow, unless yall. 

one hour at lunch time for 6-8 laps. 

in the evening, 24 laps in two to three hours. One lap as in 100 m. Or is that considered two laps?

One lap is 50m. The distance you swim is pretty good.

Edited by axefactor

10 minutes ago, axefactor said:

Might be open in phase two with a quota system and if they want to allow more people to swim, they might implement a timing system as well.

i do wear a cap for my swims. Protects the hair from the damaging effects of chlorine.

I just keep it within an hour, like gym. My lessons also only lasted an hour.

But of course, if you're genuinely there to relax rather than swim, you probably can exceed that timing (I know some people go to pools to sunbathe, not really to swim).

35 minutes ago, Torrent said:

I just keep it within an hour, like gym. My lessons also only lasted an hour.

But of course, if you're genuinely there to relax rather than swim, you probably can exceed that timing (I know some people go to pools to sunbathe, not really to swim).

Woww, you coach swimming? Cool!

1 minute ago, begleitung said:

Ok, thanks. 

people thought i dyed my hair due to the chlorine.  

Chlorine bleached the hair pretty badly. I recalled during my Swimming days, I spent so much time training the my body hair on the arms, pits, pubes and legs turned golden brown. Lol. It’ was pretty cool.

38 minutes ago, axefactor said:

Chlorine bleached the hair pretty badly. I recalled during my Swimming days, I spent so much time training the my body hair on the arms, pits, pubes and legs turned golden brown. Lol. It’ was pretty cool.

Now that u mentioned it, the pube hair does discoloured too. 

i did not know the lifeguards coach. Haha. 

how do u train, axefactor?

Now that u mentioned it, the pube hair does discoloured too. 

i did not know the lifeguards coach. Haha. 

how do u train, axefactor?

I usually spend two hours at the pool practising on my kicks and pulls for the 3 major strokes. Warm up is usually 500m of freestyle swim. Total distance covered is normally 2.5 to 3 Km of swim. Depending on mood and also number of people at the pool, I can usually cover more distance and include butterfly practice.

41 minutes ago, axefactor said:

been quite a long time since i last trained haha

39 minutes ago, axefactor said:

I usually spend two hours at the pool practising on my kicks and pulls for the 3 major strokes. Warm up is usually 500m of freestyle swim. Total distance covered is normally 2.5 to 3 Km of swim. Depending on mood and also number of people at the pool, I can usually cover more distance and include butterfly practice.

Woww, hardcore!!

1 minute ago, begleitung said:

Woww, hardcore!!

Hm, I wouldn’t call that hardcore. I guess it’s something I enjoy doing. And I’ve been doing that for a Long time so it’s like a habit now. Just like how some people will be damn hardcore in gyms or Cycling. And I also like to push myself. It’s kind of a challenge. 

35 minutes ago, axefactor said:

Hm, I wouldn’t call that hardcore. I guess it’s something I enjoy doing. And I’ve been doing that for a Long time so it’s like a habit now. Just like how some people will be damn hardcore in gyms or Cycling. And I also like to push myself. It’s kind of a challenge. 

That is wht i call dedication. 

when doin freestyle, do yall breathe on both sides?

I winder if there is any advantage or disadvantage of doing one or two sides. Sorry if my questions here are too amateur to yall who are well qualified swimmers. 

Two sided breathing is usually preferred by Triathletes while one sided is used for competitive. Keeping the head Low in the water is important and not breathing with every pull has the advantage of keeping the body more streamlined. But this needs practice as not many people are used to it.

3 minutes ago, axefactor said:

I’d probably go fill up my soaking tub and just soak in there to get the feeling of being surrounded by water. Lol. 

By by the way morningglory, I Guess that since you are a lifeguard, you get less time to swim?

i currently do not work as a lifeguard. so i do not swim as much as before. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.