Male HQ

Swimmers club

begleitung

2 hours ago, axefactor said:

Argh...all this talk about Swimming is making my butt itch to go back to the water..lol...damn the virus!

Yeah i miss wearing my tight low rise trunks to swim. That feeling of the sun, breeze and water on your body. And showering in the open shower after swim. 

I find that I don't have good stamina. I can do max 30 laps freestyle in about 40-45 mins. Considered very slow leisurely swim. I think i tumble & roll too much when I turn my head to breathe. It makes me waste alot of energy. I see some people can swim 50 m in like 30+/40 strokes whereas I counted myself I need like 50+ strokes for 50m. Something about my kicking or strokes needs improvement? 

16 minutes ago, begleitung said:

Could it be that you lift your head too high out of the water when breathing?

One eye should still be in the water when you turn sideways to breathe. 

Yes, that's the common mistake of most swimmers, sinking legs due to incorrect breathing 

22 minutes ago, begleitung said:

Could it be that you lift your head too high out of the water when breathing?

One eye should still be in the water when you turn sideways to breathe. 

Probably. Its almost like my entire upper body is turning when i turn my head to breathe. And yes sinking legs also an issue.

1 hour ago, axefactor said:

With Covid-19 stopping us from swimming, how are you guys keeping yourself fit?

It's hard for me to keep myself from putting on some extra fats on my tummy even with cycling. Probably need to do more body weight exercises. :D

I doubt you'd be that far off in terms of physique. You've got a great body :D. 

2 hours ago, axefactor said:

With Covid-19 stopping us from swimming, how are you guys keeping yourself fit?

It's hard for me to keep myself from putting on some extra fats on my tummy even with cycling. Probably need to do more body weight exercises. :D

I've resumed jogging but it's not as frequent as the gym and swim sessions for fear that the pain in my knees (sciatic) will return. After each jog, I just continue with some static exercises. Man, I really miss swimming.  

11 minutes ago, JYAG-sim said:

I've resumed jogging but it's not as frequent as the gym and swim sessions for fear that the pain in my knees (sciatic) will return. After each jog, I just continue with some static exercises. Man, I really miss swimming.  

Me too man! Swimming is a great and relaxing way to get or maintain those pecs. And the nice sexy tan line. Now like bloody steam or white chicken...hiaz!

Edited by yuquidam

1 hour ago, JYAG-sim said:

Swimming is still the best all round exercise that is non impact.

1 hour ago, yuquidam said:

Me too man! Swimming is a great and relaxing way to get or maintain those pecs. And the nice sexy tan line. Now like bloody steam or white chicken...hiaz!

Haha..i think most of us are quite fair already. But it has its merits. Look at those Korean boys...they look good with fair skin. Maybe I should stay fair too. After all, no one is going to see my tanline since it's hidden most of the time. 😂

1 hour ago, yuquidam said:

21 minutes ago, axefactor said:

Haha..i think most of us are quite fair already. But it has its merits. Look at those Korean boys...they look good with fair skin. Maybe I should stay fair too. After all, no one is going to see my tanline since it's hidden most of the time. 😂

Have to agree with @yuquidam on the great way to tone up the body, at least. That weekly routine of swimming up to 3 times a week didn't seem like a hassle, but I managed to lose a good 5 kg unknowingly and my body looked more toned. But me no like fair skin leh. I saw my legs yesterday before my jog and I was kinda put off by the fairness. Think I literally went, "Eeee! Why so fair?" :lol:

@axefactor I would go for dark-skinned or tanned skin anytime. Maybe this is why I find Malay and Thai guys so appealing :wub:

4 minutes ago, JYAG-sim said:

Have to agree with @yuquidam on the great way to tone up the body, at least. That weekly routine of swimming up to 3 times a week didn't seem like a hassle, but I managed to lose a good 5 kg unknowingly and my body looked more toned. But me no like fair skin leh. I saw my legs yesterday before my jog and I was kinda put off by the fairness. Think I literally went, "Eeee! Why so fair?" :lol:

@axefactor I would go for dark-skinned or tanned skin anytime. Maybe this is why I find Malay and Thai guys so appealing :wub:

i tan far too easily and it stays for months...so my tan line is still very visible. Most people would consider me not fair at all but I'm now fair by my own standards :)

6 minutes ago, axefactor said:

i tan far too easily and it stays for months...so my tan line is still very visible. Most people would consider me not fair at all but I'm now fair by my own standards :)

Reminds me of the times I enjoyed tanning till I was mistaken for a Malay guy on the bus on one occasion. Luckily I understood briefly what the makcik said and replied her in a mix of English and Malay. :lol: But nowadays, it's swim then a short tan after applying sunblock, and I'm done.

4 minutes ago, JYAG-sim said:

Reminds me of the times I enjoyed tanning till I was mistaken for a Malay guy on the bus on one occasion. Luckily I understood briefly what the makcik said and replied her in a mix of English and Malay. :lol: But nowadays, it's swim then a short tan after applying sunblock, and I'm done.

i don't stay at the swimming complex to tan. It's just training and then leaving the pool for me. I'm not used to lying down and doing nothing in the sun. lol

On 6/9/2020 at 8:28 PM, morningglory said:

when you're not breathing, keep your head in a neutral position, slightly tucked (eyes looking at the black lines). when you're turning to take a breath, imagine resting your ear on your upper arm

Thank you

Hopefully it will be clear on the pool crowd control etc. 

7 hours ago, axefactor said:

Good to hear the good news that the pools will be open this Friday! Gonna head down for a dip provided that there would be no complications arising from quotas. And I believe that you cannot use the shower facilities there. And that means less females Swimming there.

Changing room is just for changing?

If it’s opening on Fri, I think there will sure be crowd. Everyone will rush there for sure. 

From the article, SSC expect pool users to wear swimming trunks underneath their pants shorts before going to pool. That’s ok. 
And SSC also expect pool users to wear their (wet) swimming g trunks underneath their pants /shorts after swim?! All wet? Halloooooo? 😱🤬

Seriously? Which brainy think of this? Surely never go swimming before or never take public transport before? 🙈

Speechless. 

1 hour ago, begleitung said:

The article also stated:

Elite athletes are also required to wear their swimming attire under clothes to the venue and are not permitted to shower at the vicinity.

They all drive probably.

Who cares about elite swimmers? 
urinal and toilet cube (for big business) still open I guess. Can just change there lor. Who wanna see, see la. Not as if he has never seen a penis. 

32 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

Who cares about elite swimmers? 
urinal and toilet cube (for big business) still open I guess. Can just change there lor. Who wanna see, see la. Not as if he has never seen a penis. 

Meaning if elite swimmers are not demanding the sky, mere mortals should just obey. 

oh well, lets see what measures will be done then. 

1 minute ago, averageguy said:

Do they limit the no. of people entering the complex?

I suspect they may do so. The article says one person per lane. In Kallang pool, they had lanes up the teaching pool preCB too. So I am not surprised they will do the same now and will limit the number of people inside. 

Just now, begleitung said:

Meaning if elite swimmers are not demanding the sky, mere mortals should just obey. 

oh well, lets see what measures will be done then. 

You sure? Elite swimmers have the entire deep pool at OCBC closed for them. What do you call that if it’s not DEMAND?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.