Male HQ

Swimmers club

begleitung

4 minutes ago, begleitung said:

Ic. Cld u swim undisturbed?

4 me yesterday it was like the busy days in the past. So i was sure 1830 is a bad timing. Regardless of location i thinkk

Started of with just 2 persons in a lane. Then came the 3rd person. That’s still enough room for everyone although none of us swam in circle. Then came the 4th person. Nobody initiated the clockwise or anti-clockwise swim and that 4th person was swimming zigzag and squeezing into our spaces. 
Seriously, our pool users need to go for Swim Eriquette 101 lesson! 
I saw an empty ‘slot’ further down and I moved to that available slot instead. 
Overall, I would say it’s a pleasant swim. 
I have heard stories from lifeguard there that at some hours it was really jammed pack and at some other hours, it’s very empty. 

45 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

Started of with just 2 persons in a lane. Then came the 3rd person. That’s still enough room for everyone although none of us swam in circle. Then came the 4th person. Nobody initiated the clockwise or anti-clockwise swim and that 4th person was swimming zigzag and squeezing into our spaces. 
Seriously, our pool users need to go for Swim Eriquette 101 lesson! 
I saw an empty ‘slot’ further down and I moved to that available slot instead. 
Overall, I would say it’s a pleasant swim. 
I have heard stories from lifeguard there that at some hours it was really jammed pack and at some other hours, it’s very empty. 

Ikr!  I mean, why is it so hard to do lap swimming?  If there were just two of you, then fine, u can even swim upside down or whatever. 

so far i have swam thrice. At 2230 it was a bit like what you described above, maybe less hectic. 

with all due respect to the seniors, why did they have to come at 1830, like i saw yesterday.   Maybe they are still working too. 

Now that everyone's resuming their swim workouts, it's understandable that measures must take place. And with the rainy season somewhat earlier than usual, it's like a sign... The situation in public pools is quite bad, and the fact that one has to queue to enter the pool is almost ridiculous, considering the waiting time is factored into that 1-hour slot.

Seems like the SAFRA pools are a better option now. At least there's no need to book a slot but like the gyms, there's a maximum capacity of 50 patrons. The patrons can only swim as according to SAFRA, "users are required to observe physical distancing of 1 metre and are not allowed to suntan..." If the changing room is crowded, patrons have to queue outside. Of course, the erratic weather dampens such plans to swim (pun intended). 🏊‍♂️

I hope SSC and ActiveSG will make change along the way. Please don’t just complain here. Write in to voice your opinions and observations. If you don’t tell them, they won’t know. I suspect they don’t even swim and always sit inside office! Argh 

Edited by bluerunner

1 minute ago, begleitung said:

I am also going to suggest a ridiculous suggestion of 24/7 hours. 

Ehhh... don’t ‘kill’ our poor lifeguards ok. They have a life too. Some are unhappy because they have to work past midnight everyday and some pools really empty at the 11:30pm time slot. 
Ask you write in, doesn’t mean anyhow write one hor. Think abit la! 🤭

35 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

Ehhh... don’t ‘kill’ our poor lifeguards ok. They have a life too. Some are unhappy because they have to work past midnight everyday and some pools really empty at the 11:30pm time slot. 
Ask you write in, doesn’t mean anyhow write one hor. Think abit la! 🤭

Lol, must show there is a demand. Must give them higher shift allowance. Empty pools better, rite? Nonid 2 work so hard. Lol.  

On 6/23/2020 at 7:27 AM, bluerunner said:

Jio me if you start one on LINE

ok - maybe i should start - but now i am having a BIG problem with my LINE :( 

Anyone can help me?

My phone had to be reset and i alsouse LINE on my laptop (laptop  is working very well).    However, after i reinstalled my LINE, i need to key in a OTP which will be sent to my phone number....and my previous number is no longer with me :(   

anyways, my LINE ID is kevinawng and Tele is KevBWNG

I wrote to ActiveSG and SSC and I told them to:

- reconsider opening up lunch hour swim because even pre COVID there is NO swim class during that period. 
- asking them if 11:30pm-12:30 slot is meaningful. 
Reply from an Angmoh lady totally avoiding my questions and she told me:

- Now still ‘early’. Soon, 9am-6:30pm will be fully booked. 
- She lusted down the names of the pool with extended hours, emphasising that these pools open until 12:30am

Very good tai chi and totally not answering what was written in. She is replying just for the sake of ‘doing her work’ in replying to customer. 

On 6/24/2020 at 10:46 PM, bluerunner said:

- reconsider opening up lunch hour swim because even pre COVID there is NO swim class during that period. 

- She lusted down the names of the pool with extended hours, emphasising that these pools open until 12:30am

Very good tai chi and totally not answering what was written in. She is replying just for the sake of ‘doing her work’ in replying to customer. 

R u tan see khiang?  Lol....

https://www.straitstimes.com/forum/review-time-allotted-to-public-at-activesg-swimming-complexes

anyway they replied to the above giving similar answers like what u said above. 

On 6/24/2020 at 10:46 PM, bluerunner said:

The reply:

https://www.straitstimes.com/forum/swimming-complex-usage-timings-will-be-tweaked-if-needed

sounds like a c n p from the reply 2 u. 

OK, i have just created a Swimming Gang Telegram Group - BUT, how do i send invitation to you guys?

you have to give me your Telegram ID ?

My Telegram is KevBWNG

2 hours ago, Kev Ng said:

OK, i have just created a Swimming Gang Telegram Group - BUT, how do i send invitation to you guys?

you have to give me your Telegram ID ?

My Telegram is KevBWNG

Cluck on the top of the group which you have created. You will see ‘Share link’ Copy it here?

9 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Cluck on the top of the group which you have created. You will see ‘Share link’ Copy it here?

Yup- i have created a group .  Clicked on the 3 dots on the top right BUT, there is no Share Link :(  there is only Sear Members, Delete & leave group and Add to Home Screen :)

7 hours ago, begleitung said:

I think u have 2 name the link urself. 

Anyway, i also wrote to activesg to ask them release the afternoon slots as well as make public the bookings‘ availability online. Got the same reply as mentioned above by bluerunner. 

They are not ‘listening’ 

Anyone would like to start the group? Tried and friends also tried but someone my telegram does not have a "share link" 

Otherwise u guys can PM me or add me on telegram and I'll add you to the group of 2 now ha via telegram ID. 

My ID is KevBWNG

6 hours ago, Kev Ng said:

Anyone would like to start the group? Tried and friends also tried but someone my telegram does not have a "share link" 

Otherwise u guys can PM me or add me on telegram and I'll add you to the group of 2 now ha via telegram ID. 

My ID is KevBWNG

Ok mystery solved. I've created the group chat but I just go to Add Member to find the invite group link instead... So, here goes :

https://t.me/joinchat/NrawbBv7Gs1dz_uop3OA5Q

2 hours ago, MikeC said:

Just swam at Katong pool.  They divided pool into 4 “loops” comprising 2 lanes each so swim anti-clockwise. Quite confortable.

i swam only 12 laps so went to changing room early. Was empty and nice, no one standing around to peep, so could shower au naturelle and change openly.  Feels good!

Yes. Agree. You swam in the 7:30pm slot? Crowd was ok? 

On 6/28/2020 at 8:06 PM, MikeC said:

Just swam at Katong pool.  They divided pool into 4 “loops” comprising 2 lanes each so swim anti-clockwise. Quite confortable.

i swam only 12 laps so went to changing room early. Was empty and nice, no one standing around to peep, so could shower au naturelle and change openly.  Feels good!

So it is strictly lap swimming there?

6 hours ago, begleitung said:

Hows the response?

14 members now. Not bad. We also have members listed according to geo so if any plan for swim will be easy... If cos social distancing n keeping grp small is key... Not more than 5 if they wanna meet to swim. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.