Male HQ

Swimmers club

begleitung

8 hours ago, morningglory said:

Thank you so much. 
I noticed 2 things, or rather I have 2 questions::

- no lunch hour swim allowed?

- Katong pool isn’t in the list of extended hour?! 
😔

I saw Katong pool in the SG Active app for booking your timeslot.

Morning for seniors, evening for public and rest of operating hours for classes. There aren't even classes from 11am - 3pm on weekdays! :frustrated:

Why do rowdy kids and aunties waddling to pop songs get so much priority.

Edited by repressednerd

1 hour ago, repressednerd said:

I saw Katong pool in the SG Active app for booking your timeslot.

Morning for seniors, evening for public and rest of operating hours for classes. There aren't even classes from 11am - 3pm on weekdays! :frustrated:

Why do rowdy kids and aunties waddling to pop songs get so much priority.

I share the same sentiment as you. School has reopened. What swimming lesson from 9-6pm weekday?! 
That extended hours of 9:30om-12:30am, seriously?! WTF?!
I travelled past a condo a short while ago. I saw someone already swimming in the pool!! Violating post-CB Phase1. Knn 

Edited by bluerunner
Add info

12 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

I share the same sentiment as you. School has reopened. What swimming lesson from 9-6pm weekday?! 
I travelled past a condo a short while ago. I saw someone already swimming in the pool!! Violating post-CB Phase1. Knn 

school might conduct swimming lessons as well as coaches who conduct their own classes. they gotta earn too

2 hours ago, bluerunner said:

2 hours ago, morningglory said:

school might conduct swimming lessons as well as coaches who conduct their own classes. they gotta earn too

Let's hope that with phase 2, the swimming schools do maximise the 9-6pm time slot then! Even during 11am-3pm when the sun is blazing and burning the skins off the students!

7 minutes ago, repressednerd said:

Let's hope that with phase 2, the swimming schools do maximise the 9-6pm time slot then! Even during 11am-3pm when the sun is blazing and burning the skins off the students!

is not only sch the number of students per coach is now limited to 4 i think. hence coaches will need a longer time to teach.its not only schools who will use the pool.  there are coaches who conduct their own swim classes as well

49 minutes ago, morningglory said:

is not only sch the number of students per coach is now limited to 4 i think. hence coaches will need a longer time to teach.its not only schools who will use the pool.  there are coaches who conduct their own swim classes as well

What if the coaches have their swim lesson from6-9pm like what they used to do preCovid? Can we (public) complain and ask that swim class to stop?

Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose if you cram such a tight timeslot for the general public of...I don't know, possibly hundreds to thousands of avid swimmers? Imagine the kiasu rush for supermarkets and malls, and we might end up having one for swimming pools.

On an average day, the pool is usually relatively quiet from evening to closing, but I doubt that's going to be the case during P2.

1 hour ago, bluerunner said:

Basically, sea water in Si galore is murky. Water at Sentosa is better than East Cosst, less choppy but lotsa of jelly fish and sea bugs. 

I saw an actual crab (same sized as the ones you see in your coffeeshop/market) at Sentosa once, it was just hiding at the edge of the tide.

38 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

Just wondering what if there is no swim class at 3pm. Can public go in? 
Swimming lessons are usually scheduled. There will not be last minute drop in, right? 

Maybe the slots are already all filled?  But u r rute, i dont think they do drop in

maybe we cld ask activesg 

11 minutes ago, begleitung said:

Maybe the slots are already all filled?  But u r rute, i dont think they do drop in

maybe we cld ask activesg 

Now schools have reopened and it’s work day. Unless it’s PE swim lesson, where got so many swim classes? PE swim lesson is always scheduled. Cannot suka suka go for swimming. 

Well, at least, that’s not what I observed at the pool I used to go for weekday afternoon swim. 

35 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

Now schools have reopened and it’s work day. Unless it’s PE swim lesson, where got so many swim classes? PE swim lesson is always scheduled. Cannot suka suka go for swimming. 

Well, at least, that’s not what I observed at the pool I used to go for weekday afternoon swim. 

True, in fact at noons it is the only times i cld swim undisturbed. So other times before 1700 shld be relatively quiet too. 

no easy way out to control the crowds i suppose. 

2 minutes ago, begleitung said:

True, in fact at noons it is the only times i cld swim undisturbed. So other times before 1700 shld be relatively quiet too. 

no easy way out to control the crowds i suppose. 

17:00 will start to get busy. At Katong, some kids oredi came in for class under the PRC lady coach. 

6 minutes ago, begleitung said:

Lol, PRC lady coach sounds notorious. 

maybe they could make the crowd size / booked slots available online, like the parks / malls density at real time. 

She yelled and yelled. 
Can fight with the chubby loud voice man coach in skimpy swimming trunks at Kallang Basin pool. 
Both of them really yelled at their students. 

31 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

She yelled and yelled. 
Can fight with the chubby loud voice man coach in skimpy swimming trunks at Kallang Basin pool. 
Both of them really yelled at their students. 

Oh dear. Thank goodness now they r hopefully confined to before 1800?

is it katong or kb?

3 minutes ago, begleitung said:

Oh dear. Thank goodness now they r hopefully confined to before 1800?

is it katong or kb?

With the new timing, I would expect no swim class or what so ever from 6:30pm onwards. If there are still adult swim class ah...mmm...

31 minutes ago, Torrent said:

Still isn't worth the trouble to swim for the time being, will wait it off.

Well, at least if you wanna swim with someone, the beach is open now, and Sentosa is fine for privacy.

I think other than the odd timing and shorter duration, it is not that bad. 

Sentosa has dirty water. 

2 minutes ago, begleitung said:

I think other than the odd timing and shorter duration, it is not that bad. 

Sentosa has dirty water. 

At least it doesn't tell you to leave after an hour, staying on the sand to sunbathe is fine too. Any reason to wear trunks lmao.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.