Male HQ

Movie Recommendations / Reviews (Str8, Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)

Guest IslandMan

Anyone here watched it already? Whats your take? How many times have u watched it in cinema? Comments please...

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Anyone here watched it already? Whats your take? How many times have u watched it in cinema? Comments please...

I watched it last sat. And given that I'm quite easily scared shit-assed, Scre4m is more of a horror comedy to me. Laughables more than screams.

I watched it last sat. And given that I'm quite easily scared shit-assed, Scre4m is more of a horror comedy to me. Laughables more than screams.

Scream series were always a par above ordinary slasher genre movie. It actually make fun of those slasher genre. And also its very smart in the story telling and playing with audience mind. I loved it. Will actually watched a couple more times to enjoy the movie experience in the theater...

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

i want to watch scream 4 lor, but apparently no one to watch with=.=shall wait till online have the show then oops!! anw why are there so many attention seekers in this forum? not like they can gain anything for heaven sake

You brought my happiness to its peak, along with my soul. Then, you threw me down without a warning, leaving me in pieces which cannot be mended, especially my broken heart

Sorry. That was me trying to pull a fast one. I wanted to test who read IMDB also, especially for this Scream series. Trying to find hardcore fans here. Seems like theres none Scream fans here as big as me.

I'm a SCREAM fan... Watched SCREAM 4 twice...

LAME post up there. :yuk:

Anyway, back to Scre4M. Initially, I didn't want to watch it, until my friend said it has quite a good review. Yes, agree, it's more like a horror comedy movie. Don't really understand what the producer is trying to do here but I find it rather entertaining though, right from the opening scene. It's kinda funny. Love it. No regret.

Sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast

• 2 weeks later...
Guest textbook ssfam

from

http://maydaily.com/2010/08/27/fan-bingbing-curse-or-coincidence/

and

http://udn.com/NEWS/ENTERTAINMENT/ENT8/5811219.shtml

The curse of Fan Bingbing

After setting up her own company in 2007, Chinese actress Fan Bingbing (范冰冰) has earned fame and big bucks.

But those who have worked with her — call it coincidence or a curse — have suffered terrible misfortune.

Netizens identified the unfortunate trend and produced a list of the calamities that have followed Bingbing:

David Carradine, one of the leading roles in the French film Stretch, which co-stars Fan Bingbing as the leading actress, was found hanging in his Bangkok hotel room with a rope around his neck and genitals one day after the end of shooting in June 2009.

Nicky Wu (吳奇隆), who cooperated with Fan Bingbing in the 2006 film A Battle of Wits (墨攻), divorced his actress wife Ma Yashu (马雅舒) in 2009.

Zhang Ziyi (章子怡) was involved in 2 major scandals, “Ink Splash Gate” and “Donations Gate” after working with Fan Bingbing in the film Sophie’s Revenge (非常完美).

At the press conference to announce the start of shooting for director Chen Kaige’s (陈凯歌) Zhao’s Orphan (赵氏孤儿), in March 2010, the stage set up for reporters collapsed. Fan Bingbing had a leading role in the film.

Yan Po (鄢颇), boyfriend of Li Xiaoran (李小冉), who worked with Fan Bingbing in the film East Wind Rain (东风雨), was brutally stabbed on the streets of Shanghai in June. Furthermore, the movie was scheduled to premiere on April 21, but had to be postponed to the next day as all the cinemas were closed on the 21st to mourn victims of the Yushu earthquake.

The 2007 film Lost in Beijing (苹果), where Fan Bingbing had sex scenes, was banned in China.

The film Home Run (回家的路), in 2007, which starred Fan Bingbing as the leading actress, raked in a record-low box office of 550,000 yuan (US$80,900) on the mainland.

Also in Andy Lau’s (刘德华) Future X-Cops (未来警察), where Fan Bingbing was a guest performer, the film raked in the worst box office reciepts during a first week of showing among Andy’s films, in Hong Kong, in 14 years.

UDN

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lidoboi

Hey guys. Rather mundane question here. Planning fir a movie outing. Need some opinions. Thor or Pirates? Going alone. Need to chill abit. Both looks good but it will be nice to get some opinions.

pirates in imax

Thor is *swoon* such eye candy, although it's pure comic book rubbish, story line nothing to dissect even though it's directed by thespian Kenneth Branagh. Entertaining nonetheless but don't bother watching it in 3D, like no effect at all. Kinda regretted wasting my money. Overall I rate it as above average just because of Thor's swoonsomeness.

Pirates I haven't seen yet because it hasn't opened but judging from previous Pirates movies, it's on a slow and steady boring downward spiral. What's worse there's no Orlando Bloom or Keira Knightley in this one! How can? But I'll still catch it for Penelope Cruz and Johnny Depp. For those who've seen it, please let me know how it was...Good? Bad? Thanks.

Only to lie like this between the bombs, dreaming away and not alone, because time was very short.

Hey guys. Rather mundane question here. Planning fir a movie outing. Need some opinions. Thor or Pirates? Going alone. Need to chill abit. Both looks good but it will be nice to get some opinions.

If you need to chill a bit...then Thor. I often go alone when I need to "chill" and will choose something light on the mind, like comedies, or cartoons if nothing else.

Guest An eye for good movies

Fast5 is the best movie by far (at this period of time). Thor exceeds expectation. POTC is as boring as usual.

Lately I've cultivated the action of watching a movie by myself. In the past I used to only watch movies with someone and never alone. So I missed out on a lot of good movies that I want to watch. Then one day I decided to hell with it and you know what? I enjoy the alone time, the ease of buying single seats tickets if it's on a crowded day or for a popular show and I've been watching movies alone ever since.

Edited by Avecinfuser

Only to lie like this between the bombs, dreaming away and not alone, because time was very short.

based on the last 'pirate' film, it was confusing n mish mash. I suggest u see thor. Nt so messy like 'clash of titans' n dont waste money on 3D.Nt much stuff worth 3D..ing. 2D is gd enf.

Off topic- i hav been watching movies alone since d age of 13. yes,,sec 1. no big deal.wat to do? i'm a movie buff.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest parsion yields

What is the movie about? I don't want to end up wasting my time.......

There's something called Google, you know :rolleyes:

Three friends mature and a grieving mother embraces life anew in writer-director Li Yu's graceful exploration of loss and connection in Buddha Mountain, a film that could easily have been a rote, melodramatic weeper but is saved from that fate by some astute writing, strong performances and an almost utter dearth of expected devices.

Buddha Mountain is blessed with a cast of pan-Asian stars that should guarantee it moderate success in the region. Broad-spectrum festivals are likely to come calling, and the film's mainstream subject matter and high production values could make an art house release in select urban centers in Europe and North America a distinct possibility for creative distributors.

Ding Bo (Chen Po Lin, think a young Takeshi Kaneshiro before the surgeries) and his friends Nan Feng (Fan Bingbing) and Fei Zao aka Fatso (Fei Long) are a trio of 20-something outsider-y types that have no intention of sitting exams and getting into universities. When they need a new home for assorted reasons, they answer an ad placed by lonely, retired Chinese opera singer Chang Yue Qin (the awesome-as-usual Sylvia Chang), who is mourning the death of her son, and move into her sprawling Chengdu apartment.

Right off the bat, the foursome clash over lifestyle and values, with the bratty trio seeing fit to steal from her and invade her privacy. However, slowly but surely a bond among them develops and everyone eventually learns something from the next.

Although there are jumps in the growth of the characters — and as such, the story — that seem to come out of nowhere (in one minute the kids find Chang irritating and “crazy,” in the next they're fussing over her following a suicide attempt), it's hard to find serious fault when the film has such an intense veracity otherwise. The “kids” start the film living willfully guilt-free, self-involved lives and grow into young adults. Chang starts off as a withdrawn hard-nose wallowing in remorse.

Watching the young trio teach Chang to let go and live, and in turn Chang teaching her boarders about responsibility — and acting as surrogate family for each other — without hysterics is a treat not commonly found in mainstream Asian cinema. In addition, Ding Bo's crew's friendship is based on genuine affection; Fatso's sole purpose is not to be the butt of jokes.

Buddha Mountain goes astray when it detours into romantic angst and sets aside its more compelling central story for a stretch of the third act. Ding Bo and Nan Feng's nascent romance is more of a distraction than a means of revealing more about the two characters. Li and co-writer Fang were doing fine beforehand and the love story simply comes across as forced (one expected device the film succumbs to). That, in turn, takes some of the wind out of the narrative sails, and too much of what follows their relationship troubles feels like filler. With the gratuitous romantic segment excised, Buddha Mountain would clock in at a more tightly focused and consistently engaging 90 minutes or so.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/buddha-mountain-film-review-32346

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone has seen this.

In X-Men: First Class, one young mutant-human tells another, "You have no idea what I'd give to feel ... normal." It's a moment anyone who went to high school can empathize with, though it might mean something more to those who grew up gay—the adolescent experience when you discover, like the X-Men, something in your nature that makes you different from the majority of the people around you.

Parallels between the mutant experience and the gay experience pervade First Class, which opened on Friday to a weekend box-office haul of $56 million. The film, a prequel to the modern X-Men movie series, tells the franchise's origin myth: Genetic mutations create a cadre of young superheros who use their powers for good—in this case, by attempting to defuse the Cuban Missile Crisis. The mutants are, unmistakably, a social minority. The film's catchphrase is "mutant and proud," a playful riff on post-Stonewall self-acceptance, and a "don't ask, don't tell" joke even finds its way into the dialogue.

In its own way, X-Men has become the most subversive modern comic-book franchise, translating for a country of summer moviegoers the entire theater of gay politics. The agenda was set with the original X-Men in 2000, directed by the openly gay Bryan Singer. "It's not just a fantasy story," Singer reportedly told actor Ian McKellen, a fervent LGBT-rights activist, to lure him into a starring role as Magneto. "It's a parable." And indeed, it has been. In the first film, the superheroes are opposed by a U.S. senator who cries out, in a nod to Anita Bryant's "Save Our Children" campaign, "I think the American people deserve the right to decide whether they want their children ... to be taught by mutants!" The follow-up, 2003's X2, made its point more boldly, in a scene that so closely resembles a "coming out" it borders on camp—the mother asks her son, "Have you ever tried not being a mutant?" before she gives up entirely and says, "This is all my fault."

Singer moved on and was replaced by Brett Ratner (Rush Hour), not exactly known for his queer sensibilities. But if anything, 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand amped up the symbolism with a plot about a pharmaceutical company that develops a "cure" for the mutant gene. While drugs and biology play a role in other superhero movies, notably the Blade series, none has so convincingly pointed to the AIDS epidemic and the way the gay community came together in solidarity to fight it. "There's nothing to cure," an indignant Storm (Halle Berry) says at one point. "Nothing's wrong with any of us."

But what if X-Men was gay from the beginning? The idea may not surprise those who know the comic books well. Creator Stan Lee came of age as a writer in the 1960s, when anti-fascist superheroes like Captain America gave way to anti-heroes who challenged the status quo. One of his earliest creations, Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos, featured a cast that was for the time unusually diverse (black, Italian, Jewish), including one character—a scarf-wearing Brit named Percival Pinkerton—that intentionally played on gay stereotypes. “We didn’t make a big issue of it,” Lee told CNN years later. “He's just a colorful character who follows his own different drummer. He follows a different beat.”

Lee has been coy about sexually identifying X-Men, calling it one of several stories directed “against bigotry of all sorts.” At the time the comic book first came out in 1963, it made more sense to think of the characters’ plight in terms of the civil rights movement. Since then, however, it’s become a natural echo of the growing LGBT movement, which is likewise based on a minority that’s “hidden” from public view. In his article “Making Gay Sense of the X-Men,” William Earnest notes how Mystique’s shape-shifting ability, allowing her to “look like everyone else,” closely mirrors the gay phenomenon of “passing.” In one of First Class’s more poignant subplots, Mystique starts embarrassed by her “natural blue form” before learning to embrace her true appearance. Magneto chides her, “You want society to accept you, but you can’t even accept yourself.”

Source: http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2011/06/first-class-the-latest-chapter-in-the-x-men-gay-rights-parable/239959/

Edited by Suho

Guest old_news

Interesting. :)

The thing abt X-men movies and their gay undertones have been known for ages. It's even stated in wikipedia. I should be surprised if the LGBT community is not aware of the messages underlying in the movie plot or part thereof.

Anyway, when XMFC was first announced, alot of ppl were alr expecting it to carry the same tone as its predecessors. (:

Guest imseeker

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/entertainment/view/1137404/1/.html

3D pxxn film "3D Sex and Zen" to screen in Singapore with no cuts

By Han Wei Chou | Posted: 27 June 2011 1333 hrs

SINGAPORE: An international version of the Hong Kong film "3D Sex and Zen", touted as the world's first 3D pxxn film, has received a R21 (Restricted 21) rating from the Board of Film Censors (BFC), and will be screened uncut in Singapore, from July 21.

A spokesperson for Golden Village Pictures, the film's distributor in Singapore, said that they decided to bring in the film "just to add variety to what we already have at our cinemas".

Helmed by Hong Kong director Christopher Sun, "3D Sex and Zen", is a remake of a 1991 Hong Kong Category III (adult oriented) film of the same name, that was loosely based on a piece of Chinese classical erotic literature.

It revolves around a Chinese scholar in ancient China, who loses his way after becoming too deeply involved with the harem of his friend, a duke.

Japanese adult stars Saori Hara and Yukiko Suo, along with Hong Kong actress Vonnie Liu, play the female leads in the film, which also carries a BFC consumer advisory stating that it contains "Nudity, Sexual Scenes and Graphic Violence".

"3D Sex and Zen" created a stir when it was released in Hong Kong in April, attracting long queues of patrons curious about how 3D technology had been incorporated into an adult film.

The US$3.2 million (S$3.9 million) film raked in over HK$2.8 million (S$446,000) on its opening day in Hong Kong, edging out Hollywood director James Cameron's "Avatar" which took in HK$2.6 million (S$414,000).

There were even reports of travel agents organising trips for tourists from China to catch the film in Hong Kong and Taiwan, as China's strict censorship laws prevent it from being screened there.

-CNA/ha

aren't there already 3d clips of gay pxxn?

The only lead male actor noted -- hardly exciting. his interest is probably the most interesting of all ....

姓名:HAYAMA HIRO 葉山豪

國籍:Japanese 日本京都府

生日:April 10, 1975

身高:183 cm

體重:73 kilos

語言:Japanese,Fluent Mandarin, Cantonese, Fair English

興趣:Observation

tacky revolting rather than erotic scenes galore via the trailer

Edited by lct

I watched 色戒 when I was in Taiwan because I knew back then Singapore wasn't prepared to show it uncut (before they relented and released it uncut later). Wanted to see Tony's butt but alas! Even after being rewarded with a good shot of his butt and sight of his balls was no comfort or redemption to the psychological scar inflicted by seeing that two large dried black raisines!!!

So it is a definite no to this HK pxxn flick!

Guest Centrino

Advert

Just going by the rather tacky trailer, seems like there's hardly any story line...just milking (no pun intended) the 3D effects dry. Definitely not worth watching if it's just a straight soft-pxxn flick...

Guest Guest

Die liao. A lot of Chee Ko Pek Kong Kong(born in the 40s & 50s) flocking to their cinema to unleash

themselves. Well , at least they live long enuff to see a 3D soft pxxn b4 they leave this earth as horny men. What's next, 'Sex & Zen' in 5D with smell and vibrating seat? Eweee......

Guest Guest

Die liao. A lot of Chee Ko Pek Kong Kong(born in the 40s & 50s) flocking to their cinema to unleash

themselves. Well , at least they live long enuff to see a 3D soft pxxn b4 they leave this earth as horny men. What's next, 'Sex & Zen' in 5D with smell and vibrating seat? Eweee......

Hey, show some respect to these Ah-kong's hor. They have been young before. You can enjoy the show with them but you just leave them alone and don't molest them hor

I wondered why many were excited in the so called "Uncut"

In HK, the version released was 126 minutes whereas the SG version they submitted to board of censorship was only 101 minutes. Well it doesnt take a genius to figure out the missing 20 minutes was about.

in short, the film has already been self-censored.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

watched it in HK liao. Apart from one scene where Hiro Hayama showed his dick in the film, another attraction is how Vonnie Lui bared her boobs that take up the whole screen.

Don't expect much gayness in 3D Sex and Zen. It is never meant to be targeted at gays in the first place. :B)

Guest Guest

Hey, show some respect to these Ah-kong's hor. They have been young before. You can enjoy the show with them but you just leave them alone and don't molest them hor

i think they will molest me in 'slow motion' like Steve Majors in '$6,000,000 Man'.

Also I suggest paramedics should be on duty inside every screening, in case.

watched it in HK liao. Apart from one scene where Hiro Hayama showed his dick in the film, another attraction is how Vonnie Lui bared her boobs that take up the whole screen.

Don't expect much gayness in 3D Sex and Zen. It is never meant to be targeted at gays in the first place. :B)

when did he show his dick? a flacid one?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Thsiboyz

Non erected dicks are allowed to show on screen in some exclusive movies. So far I haven't seen any erected dick on screen except in the pxxns :)

Guest erect dick shown before

Non erected dicks are allowed to show on screen in some exclusive movies. So far I haven't seen any erected dick on screen except in the pxxns :)

I have seen an erect dick (and also semi-erect dicks) being shown in Singapore cinema. I forgot what was that movie a few years back. The erect dick was seen during a rape scene in an underpass in the movie. The guy was lying flat with his erect dick pointing upward (though I heard that dick was created digitally as the actor did not want to show his real dick but audience could not tell the difference)

Guest not full version

The international version to be shown in Singapore is not the full version. The full version is about 15 to 20 min longer. Certain scenes not shown e.g. the details of how the monk was seduced sexually towards the end.

Guest Huuuhhhhhhh

when did he show his dick? a flacid one?

Show his lan jiao so what? As if you can suck liddat. Suck your own flaccid cock lor make yourself song song

Guest Guest

Show his lan jiao so what? As if you can suck liddat. Suck your own flaccid cock lor make yourself song song

Buy 1st row and when they show the lan jiao, just jump up and lick the screen. Make sure dun block the uncles & aunties behind. If not, they would all shout 'LAN JIAO' at you. Hehe....

Guest Guest

I have seen an erect dick (and also semi-erect dicks) being shown in Singapore cinema. I forgot what was that movie a few years back. The erect dick was seen during a rape scene in an underpass in the movie. The guy was lying flat with his erect dick pointing upward (though I heard that dick was created digitally as the actor did not want to show his real dick but audience could not tell the difference)

There were so many semi/erected dick I saw on screen in Singapore:

1. The Football movie with Al Pacino & Cameron Diaz. Shower scene with this black man's huge semi-erect dick and one cute guy's dick in the background.

2. One European show; guys was jacking off his huge dutch sausage.

3. One UK film; guys with erected dick in condom. Won best actress for Cannes Film; dun know whicjh yr.

I also saw Tim Robbin's dick(he taped it though)in Shawshank Redemption(I hope I got it right) and Players in the states; abt 12 inch long :)

• HendryTan changed the title to Movie Recommendations / Reviews (Str8, Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)
  • G_M locked, locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked, unlocked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.