Male HQ

Pink Dot Event Discussion (2007 to Present Day) (compiled)

reflection

Enelym1978: cool dude.. if only we have many others and then we'll gather like going there together and meet up at the nearest mrt station.

Quiton: if only it does not clash with your work. It will be great to have such gathering rather than people talking and gather about gang sex and bj session all. Just clean meet up. =)

Hello everyone. I was wondering that is it possible for us all to come down and support pink dot 2013 on june 29 at Hong Lim Park? It can be a good way for us all to support one another and at the same time, getting to know each other well(instead of just ons thingy)

Do hope to see you guys there. =)

Sure thing. Went last year and will go again this year :)

Enelym1978: cool dude.. if only we have many others and then we'll gather like going there together and meet up at the nearest mrt station.

Quiton: if only it does not clash with your work. It will be great to have such gathering rather than people talking and gather about gang sex and bj session all. Just clean meet up. =)

Just clean meet up contrasts a lot with you profile pic hehe (very nice by the way :P )

Was that funny lol?

As a foreigner, can we actually be in the main dot? I mean, I heard so many things about Hong Lim Park being for Singaporeans only and that foreigners had to stand in a specific area? Or is that a legend?

I mean, I am Asian, I blend in, I don't think they check your ICs lol?

Guest zAcOn

Watched about pink dot 2012 videos, such a cool nice event! (will never happen in my country, lol)

Wonder foreigners are invited as well in this year pink dot, if have time, i may join too.

Edited by zAcOn

Umm, not being xenophobic, but I think foreigners are not allowed to join the for formation bcos of some not-so-smart license regulations...better check on the official site ;)

edit: here's the link! :)

http://pinkdot.sg/about-pink-dot/faq-for-foreign-participation/

Edited by jnbx
Don't think what you're after is more than I can be.

that video was really beautiful :')

Its is beautiful!^^

Eukay B. As - if I were to find a perfect guy, it's almost impossible. And if you were to find me as your perfect person, it's almost impossible too. Someone have to give way, start loving each other now. <p>

Guest Eric

It's all very nice in the videos, but the reality is, many gays are not like that - many are horny, sex crazed, want to have sex with as many as their cxxks (or asses) can take it. What love and relationships are we talking about here? Many just want others to accept our way of life.

I am not against pink dot, but I really don't think the theme reflects the reality of gay life in singapore.

It's all very nice in the videos, but the reality is, many gays are not like that - many are horny, sex crazed, want to have sex with as many as their cxxks (or asses) can take it. What love and relationships are we talking about here? Many just want others to accept our way of life.

I am not against pink dot, but I really don't think the theme reflects the reality of gay life in singapore.

To some extent, I get and agree with what you're saying. Ideals like gay rights and rights to love are vague. One could argue that gays have too much rights ... to love and discard, to cycle through partners after partners, only to blame society's refusal to allow them the right to love when their behaviour takes a toll on them and they become cynical.

Indeed I rather support a concrete ideal like gay marriage because it institutionalize and gives form to what a gay relationship should be like and make people responsible for their actions. However, the step to accepting gay marriage is a giant one. So I cannot discount efforts like Pink Dot, especially when they are supported by good-willed and intentioned people, as a stepping stone to something greater.

Guest lulu

I am totally moved by the story line on the Middle-age couple.  This will one day happen to every gay couple.  

携子之手 与子皆老

不离不弃 真爱无价

The video felt a little long on the first viewing. But upon repeated viewings I liked it more and more. It's got a lot of heart.

It speaks to the many of us who do not want to be discriminated against (especially at home) on the basis of our sexuality and gender identity.

Sure... there are guys/girls who will screw their way across town. That is their choice and they will have to deal with the consequences as much as they might enjoy their romps. But the gender of their partners should not matter, especially from a legal perspective. Right now, there's still a law that says that it illegal to do so if the act is between two men, and the law is still there because the government believes that most people here agree that homosexual attraction is a deviant expression of sexuality. What PinkDot is trying to do is promote the understanding that gender identity goes beyond two categories and that heterosexual couplings are not the only valid ones.

Guest Guest

Eric is right, the younger ones have ideas about true love this and that and a beautiful picture but once they get older and more experienced they will see the realities of gay life. some people choose not to care at first but 'unfortunately' this is a prevalent model in the gay community and they eventually slowly accept it and follow it. just saying....of course you have the full liberty on how you wanna lead your life.

Guest ERIC

I am totally moved by the story line on the Middle-age couple. This will one day happen to every gay couple.

携子之手 与子皆老

不离不弃 真爱无价

what is the percentage of people who get together for more then 3 years, or 5 years in Singapore? And we now talk about chaps who are together till middle age.

The fact is, many young gays in Singapore screw like there is no tomorrow, and one day, when they are no more young, they will hang around, together with old cows of their same age. There are, but very few chaps who lovey doves till one of them dies. Look around you, u guys know what I am talking about.

Pinkdot may have a noble message, I respect that. But knowing how gays behave in singapore, the video just beautifies gay relationships.

see, his posting just prove my point. ULtimatey thinks the guy in video is cute, and will start having dirty thoughts. Nothing wrong, since that is how gays behave. My point is, don't start beautifying gay relationships. We simply have not arrived.

P/s- sorry ULtimatey, for having to use u as an example.

Hahahah I was kinda afraid of this happening when i posted it too haha. thinks the guy is cute =/= i wanna fk him right

watched the video, but couldnt understand:

a. the girl called the mum and why want to talk dont want to talk ?

b. a group of customers were laughing at the waitress. is the waitress a transgender ? is she the same girls that call her mum ?

c. why the girls cried in front of her mum during makan time ?

There's a lot of truth in it.

Well said.

Edited by TheVisitors

watched the video, but couldnt understand:

a. the girl called the mum and why want to talk dont want to talk ?

b. a group of customers were laughing at the waitress. is the waitress a transgender ? is she the same girls that call her mum ?

c. why the girls cried in front of her mum during makan time ?

a) The mom hung up on her. The mom doesn't want to talk to her.

b) They're laughing because she cross-dresses. And not, it's not the same girl that called her mom, wtf. How did you even arrive at that?!

c) Seeing how her mom treated her over the phone, we can safely assume that mom doesn't like or want to hear what her daughter says... for whatever reasons. So maybe the mom said something along the lines of "You freak, how dare come home, blahblahblah...". you can imagine how hurtful that is. Hence, the tears. 

U sure u won't be called up for a biz trip? ;p

Hopefully I'll be around this year... Attended last year, it's more fun if u go earlier, picnic n take some pictures when it's not so crowded.

Not as of today hehe

I'm even thinking about getting a room with a view on Hong Lim Park at the Park Royal :)

Just watched the official video for PinkDot 2013. It always touches me somehow.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1dQCsfEJ5o#!

Hope that such touching video will promote more tolerance against fellow Singaporeans again PLUs. There are always scenes that the straight community dun see which are featured in the video.

Hope that more people will be at the Pink Dot to support the event....as the numbers get bigger each year....I hope that the authority will see/hear our presence.

Hello there!

To mark Pink Dot in Singapore on 29 June, we are sending copies of the book "I Will Survive: Personal gay, lesbian, bisexual & transgender stories in Singapore" to each of the Family Service Centres (FSCs) in Singapore, as well as  school counsellors in universities, polytechnics & junior colleges.

FSCs are community-based social service agencies staffed by professional social workers and counsellors. They run a range of services, including counselling, information and referral, and community support programmes. There are approximately 40 FSCs spread out across Singapore, serving residents regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, ability and hopefully, sexual orientation too.

Having a copy of the book in every FSC means that the professional staff who work there can learn more about the struggles & challenges faced by the LGBT community in Singapore, and learn about how they continue to survive and thrive.

Sending copies to the student counselling centres in the local universities, polytechnics & junior colleges would also help them understand better the issues that LGBT youth may be facing.

To find out more about this campaign, and to offer a contribution, can I invite you to check out this campaign page:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i-will-survive-in-family-service-centres

It’s OK if you’re unable to contribute, but if you believe that this is important, then please share this with your friends through your blog, email, or social media.

Thank you & Happy Pink Dot in advance!

Leow Yangfa

Editor, I Will Survive

book.jpg

Guest Guest

Hello there!

To mark Pink Dot in Singapore on 29 June, we are sending copies of the book "I Will Survive: Personal gay, lesbian, bisexual & transgender stories in Singapore" to each of the Family Service Centres (FSCs) in Singapore, as well as  school counsellors in universities, polytechnics & junior colleges.

possible to purchase a personal copy as an individual?

• G_M changed the title to Pink Dot Event Discussion (2007 to Present Day) (compiled)
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.