Male HQ

Cruise Club Sauna @ Chinatown (No Ads allowed)(Closed 28 Oct 2019)

CruiseClub

Each club has their type of crowd and pros/cons.

CC is one of those where the crowd is more picky and fussy about who they get it on with.

Good or bad, that really depends on you. If you think you've got what it takes, it's probably the club for you.

But if you kanna rejection and don't like the club, then don't take it personally. It's just part and parcel of cruising, nothing to do with the club.

It is, however getting on in years with wear and tear.

If you want quantity and is less discerning on who you get it on with, then probably KB would be more suitable. as the club caters to the general dude on the street.

So it's more crowded which is logical, since it's almost every other dude.

It does have a more compact layout that is better maintained.

Also CC tends to have a quick turnaround, where you can be in and out of the club within an hour.

It's not like KB, where the patrons like to hang around for a long time, especially the mature group, which is good for those who want more social interaction.

Just depends on what you are in the mood for, personally I think it's great that there are two different clubs that cater to different segments.

So no point smearing this club or that club. Each have their own pros/cons

Live and let live. 

🤐

3 hours ago, CumdrinkNgo said:

we left at 730pm is empty...late means = after midnight ?

22 hours ago, LeanMature said:

You mean Saturday at 7.30pm also empty ?

This is just not true. Been going to cruise for a couple of years now and weekends esp saturdays or sundays before holidays are always jampacked. To the point there is no space to move around. Pls stop lying and smearing the club.

1 minute ago, cuteboyy said:

Cruise club is closing soon... :(

Halloween joke ?.... last week was full house, ran of lockers  and queue till road side Korean shop

On 10/15/2019 at 8:33 AM, Guest Jowow said:

This is just not true. Been going to cruise for a couple of years now and weekends esp saturdays or sundays before holidays are always jampacked. To the point there is no space to move around. Pls stop lying and smearing the club.

8 minutes ago, cuteboyy said:

Cruise club is closing soon... :(

So who is telling lies ?

33 minutes ago, Guest Joker said:

Halloween joke ?.... last week was full house, ran of lockers  and queue till road side Korean shop

15 minutes ago, cuteboyy said:

Yaaaaa they are closing soon..

Queue up to Korean shop but is closing soon.  Lol.  

Don't read and response to guests' post

Guest death by arrogance

But haven't plenty of us predicted this years back: the threatening closure. (see below posts just from 1 1/2 years ago)...

Cruise died on the stubbornness of it's owners / managers to reinvent the business model and on the ignorance of market signs. 

Upscale prizing with declining facilities, freebies leading to an entitlement culture and just spectators standing around not doing anything (because it was free).

Cruise was a sort of coming out charity to cater for young gays to explore gay sexual activities for free.

It was a failed business model as it did not look at the long term profits or the long term requirements to run a place as Cruise on profit.

Cruise should have started removing the free entries, just have some benefits on reduced entrance for young guys below 27 at certain timings or maybe free entry at some certain fewer timings and I m sure it would have had chances to survive. I m sure the younger guys had still visited the place. An online survey of their customer base would have told them where the problems are, as I said stubbornness of the owners...and a sort of arrogance on them ignoring who the real king is (The customer). I m sure with a revamp on pricing and being more "Captain/ Commander" friendly, guys would have frequented Cruise more often..   Now, they don't want to take the risk in renewing lease  and renovating the place. Too late is too late. I m quite sure the owners paid from their own pockets on certain months to cover the rental and expenses.

Let's remember the good times we shared in the past at Cruise...

And there is some good news for the future: We will see more eye candy in the other sauna places after 28 October...

On 5/26/2018 at 11:45 AM, Guest Nostalgic said:

The number of patrons have been decreasing alot. The cafetaria and movie studio have been deserted. Like a ghost town. Last time used to be full of people chit chatting in the cafetaria. So much merrier and full of living. Jacuzzi n steam room also like a ghost town. 

On 5/26/2018 at 11:57 AM, CumdrinkNgo said:

Bad reputations, standing statues, free loaders- non paying patrons, and  bad customer service, bad patrons attitudes........etc  .....caused other patrons moving to other customer friendly competitors ( Shogun, Keybox and Ten Men Club) , where these other spas are more welcoming, by staff or other patrons, as more entertaining social place than Cruise Club, have seen long queues at their entrance, running out of lockers and towels etc.

On 5/26/2018 at 1:52 PM, bigdanbeam said:

That's the main factor for bad profit. Anyway they wont be able to for free forever. At most 10 years :whistle:

On 5/26/2018 at 2:17 PM, LeanMature said:

Just imagine age 18 - 27 enter FREE, 28 - 37 charged like $18 and above 37 (including retirees) pay $23.  A retiree has to subsidize for a working adult ?  Such age discrimination establishment don't deserve any support.  

27 minutes ago, Guest death by arrogance said:

But haven't plenty of us predicted this years back: the threatening closure. (see below posts just from 1 1/2 years ago)...

Cruise died on the stubbornness of it's owners / managers to reinvent the business model and on the ignorance of market signs. 

Upscale prizing with declining facilities, freebies leading to an entitlement culture and just spectators standing around not doing anything (because it was free).

Cruise was a sort of coming out charity to cater for young gays to explore gay sexual activities for free.

It was a failed business model as it did not look at the long term profits or the long term requirements to run a place as Cruise on profit.

Cruise should have started removing the free entries, just have some benefits on reduced entrance for young guys below 27 at certain timings or maybe free entry at some certain fewer timings and I m sure it would have had chances to survive. I m sure the younger guys had still visited the place. An online survey of their customer base would have told them where the problems are, as I said stubbornness of the owners...and a sort of arrogance on them ignoring who the real king is (The customer). I m sure with a revamp on pricing and being more "Captain/ Commander" friendly, guys would have frequented Cruise more often..   Now, they don't want to take the risk in renewing lease  and renovating the place. Too late is too late. I m quite sure the owners paid from their own pockets on certain months to cover the rental and expenses.

Let's remember the good times we shared in the past at Cruise...

And there is some good news for the future: We will see more eye candy in the other sauna places after 28 October...

On 5/26/2018 at 2:17 PM, LeanMature said:

Just imagine age 18 - 27 enter FREE, 28 - 37 charged like $18 and above 37 (including retirees) pay $23.  A retiree has to subsidize for a working adult ?  Such age discrimination establishment don't deserve any support.  

A retiree has to subsidize for a working adult ? .= a lure to yandao to sex for free with paid clients

Saunas come and go. It's already remarkable they lasted 8 odd years. 

So personally, i am grateful that they existed at a time that provided much fun.

It's hard to sustain a sauna business for the A+ crowd these days.

The A+ crowd hardly goes to saunas, as they have their own parties which are keeping them pretty busy.

The only ones that go saunas are probably the B crowd and the older gen, which is more viable business-wise.

Well, enjoy the saunas, while they last.

C'est la vie

16 minutes ago, Square said:

So personally, i am grateful that they existed at a time that provided much fun.

The A+ crowd hardly goes to saunas, as they have their own parties which are keeping them pretty busy.

The only ones that go saunas are probably the B crowd and the older gen, which is more viable business-wise.

C'est la vie

when business bad, they could have rent the facilities for pvt parties or change in theme parties like in Europe and Thailand.

Just plain stubborn owners.

Anyway, they reaped from new coupons sales last month and now sudden close.

1 hour ago, West93 said:

RIP to them. Maybe once they're closed all the cute twinks would go to Keybox. Hahaha. Like how back then Absolute closed and everyone went to Cruise. Memories. 

Like when Towel Club closed and everyone went to One Seven. Memories...

I need to ask @fab  if this is the Buddhist Impermanence in action.

19 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Like when Towel Club closed and everyone went to One Seven. Memories...

I need to ask @fab  if this is the Buddhist Impermanence in action.

I feel so sun ho crossover project.

Anyway here you go.

http://www.chinabuddhismencyclopedia.com/en/index.php?title=Saṁskṛta

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

4 minutes ago, fab said:

I feel so sun ho crossover project.

Anyway here you go.

http://www.chinabuddhismencyclopedia.com/en/index.php?title=Saṁskṛta

I didn't know that the sun ho crossover project had something in common with Buddhism.  

Also,  gay saunas never crossed my mind as samskrta dharmas,  but now that I think of it

they also have appearances,  at least the sexy appearances of the guys who go there.

Guest BabyBoomer
51 minutes ago, Guest jac said:

A retiree has to subsidize for a working adult ? .= a lure to yandao to sex for free with paid clients

First of all, few of the young are yandao. Those not yandao yet self entitled are the most obnoxious, just a glance at them and they think you want to molest them. They roll eyes at you just to show they are superior even though you are totally not interested in them.

The retirees pay to get this type of discrimination? Only the hard core pitiful ones maybe. The rest are the baby boomers who are internet savvy, their interests are broader, they are the young of yesteryear Towel Club, not your pitiful 老色狼。

They are a big group and many businesses woo them. A big group automatically becomes trend setters like hunkle, dad bod etc.

8 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

This is kinda sad. I had fun in the two times I went there. And the showers were so much better than in keybox.

Oh well. Hope the staff does well.

The staffs? They also play a huge part of declining customers visit. 

22 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

Staff only greet angmo. Asian long face...sure toooooh

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Snobbish look, don't want to do frequently cleaning and maintenance...  All leads to failure... Customers want good service. What they get is bad impression, and thats it. Add on the statues and vases. How fun can it go? 

2 hours ago, Kimochi said:

Unemployment is hell and not something I wish on anybody. They were also pretty okay when I visited the last time... 

5 hours ago, West93 said:

RIP to them. Maybe once they're closed all the cute twinks would go to Keybox. Hahaha. Like how back then Absolute closed and everyone went to Cruise. Memories. 

Absolute closed, they went to Cruise. Now Cruise closed, they go Keybox. Will Keybox be the next victim ?

wp_mainimage_20191022_950x425_goodbye.jpg?w=950&h=425&crop=1

from the site

Bye bye CC. I've met quite a number of dudes for ONS when it was just opened. Until the recent years, there were more people folding arms and wait for their star to fall. Plus the place was more overrated compared to other clubs, hence gave up this place for hookups altogether.

I hope those who fold arms and waited for their mr right dun end up in KB. Else poor KB will have to take up the culture from this old club.

Edited by sum1outhere_03

Will you be my valentine's? :D

14 minutes ago, sum1outhere_03 said:

wp_mainimage_20191022_950x425_goodbye.jpg?w=950&h=425&crop=1

from the site

Bye bye CC. I've met quite a number of dudes for ONS when it was just opened. Until the recent years, there were more people folding arms and wait for their star to fall. Plus the place was more overrated compared to other clubs, hence gave up this place for hookups altogether.

I hope those who fold arms and waited for their mr right dun end up in KB. Else poor KB will have to take up the culture from this old club.

Too late. Already happening. 

9 minutes ago, West93 said:

Too late. Already happening. 

The reason why they fold arms and stand like Stanford Raffles is because they enter free and has nothing to lose except their time.   This might change if they are paying customers, or at least more proactive. 

I pay to get in. But doesn't mean I wanna get it on with anyone and make the most out of my entrance fee.

I'd rather hang around and look for a match, then to just fuck anything that moves. 

It's a typical kiasu mentality, like paying for a buffet and just grabbing anything just to make the most of yr cost. 

53 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

The reason why they fold arms and stand like Stanford Raffles is because they enter free and has nothing to lose except their time.   This might change if they are paying customers, or at least more proactive. 

Guest Justaguest
1 hour ago, LeanMature said:

Absolute closed, they went to Cruise. Now Cruise closed, they go Keybox. Will Keybox be the next victim ?

Very likely KB will be the next one to close down too. Although KB boost that they always run out of lockers n long Q, etc but most of them are free entries. Maybe it's time that KB should pick up the lesson from Absolute n Cruise. This will be their conclusion having "charities" all the while with all the free entries. Think, KB ...  n goodbye Cruise. 

6 hours ago, Kimochi said:

Huh really? last time when I work there, I would clean the area often. Afterall that was my job, to keep the place clean. I always smile and talk to the guest when I was working at the bar counter upstairs. Maybe things have changed over the years.

3 hours ago, barocco80 said:

Sad indeed... but overall having good memories there. 

Same with me. 

I have never missed museums, cultural centers, churches closing down,

but my biggest nostalgia are for...  gay saunas closing down.  :lol::(:lol:

Whatever makes one happy...

Guest ang moh
7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Totally untrue. I m Ang Moh. Cruise entrance staff greeted me with arrogance and sheer rudeness. One time even suggested I should go back to my hotel when I only asked if it's possible to re-enter after midnight and was just asking. I can receive 250 msgs on gay apps within 3 hours in South East Asia. I m a 35y  Tom Hardy looks guy without beard. I never had felt so discriminated as with Cruise in Singapore.  After my 5th visit I never went again as the entrance staff pissed me off with their incredible rudeness.

Finally this day has arrived, with past years of feedback and field reports, many like the owner, staff and avid supporter choose not to see this coming. Dirty facilities, rude staff, diminishing paid patrons, arrogant statues  and failure to improve on feedbacks.

This lesson ought to be lesson for all spa owners be it Shogun, TMC or Keybox, feedbacks ought to be recognised and taken seriously. It was the paid patrons, who contributes to Cruise Club failure, as they choose to ignore patrons feedback. Not to be complacent on FREE PROMOTION ENTRY, that lead the disasters RIP of Cruise Club.

Many patrons , especially those contribute to CC revenues and subsidised FREE VISITS to others, have paid for their price to visit this museum despite website stating its No. 1 spa in Singapore, best muscles guys in asia etc cheating all that was in good perspective with online deceptions that all is well...all comes to nothing....with a great RIP on Deepavali,

RIP....ONWERS NOTHING TO LOSE AND GOING ON LONG HOLIDAYS with profits and revenue earned.

Total Winners are the freebie statutes, hunting for free admission elsewhere

Edited by CumdrinkNgo

17 hours ago, Square said:

C'est la vie

The problem is the B crowd want to act like they are A crowd....

Yes sauna come and go just like FB... Don't need to blame anyone,  perhaps just ask ourself,  "don't we always want something new,  someone new? "

No matter how successful and packed a sauna can be in the initial stage, there will always come a day when they will eventually packed up and go, perhaps re-brand and come back again with a new name at a new place. 

9 hours ago, xydboy said:

Huh really? last time when I work there, I would clean the area often. Afterall that was my job, to keep the place clean. I always smile and talk to the guest when I was working at the bar counter upstairs. Maybe things have changed over the years.

Wa last time you worked there? Didn't see you...  Should be you work when cruise just newly opened and still fresh ~ with bar counter still opened! By the time I went cruise the bar counter had already left empty. 

Its good that you do your job diligently though (hugs ) :lol:

Edited by Kimochi

11 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

Someone said above there was still long queue in Cruise.  I suspect they queue for free entry.  Cruise owners were in fact running a non-profit organisation.  

And did you see someone laughing at their reply? 

Edited by Kimochi

True dat. All saunas will close down one day.

So I don't see the need why some members postulate the sauna's demise as there could be many reasons for its demise.

I don't see any benefit in any sauna closing down, it just means one less place for ordinary dudes like me to go to.

Oh well, haters gonna hate.

13 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

The problem is the B crowd want to act like they are A crowd....

Yes sauna come and go just like FB... Don't need to blame anyone,  perhaps just ask ourself,  "don't we always want something new,  someone new? "

No matter how successful and packed a sauna can be in the initial stage, there will always come a day when they will eventually packed up and go, perhaps re-brand and come back again with a new name at a new place. 

10 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

could me rental issue

rental always a killing in Spore

and air con bill water bill 

I had the same thought, thinking of all the places that had to close due to building owners not renovating the leases.  Like at the time the Towel Club, the first Keybox, perhaps Raw,  Queen Resort.  Saunas who rent, can never be sure of surviving.  When the sauna owner also owns its land, they can exist forever, like Babylon in BKK.

8 hours ago, boyyy92 said:

Oh wow it’s closing. Wonder if I should go one last time...

Join the crowd that is packing Cruise now,  haha.

• G_M changed the title to Cruise Club Sauna @ Chinatown (No Ads allowed)(Closed 28 Oct 2019)
  • HendryTan locked this topic