Male HQ

Is Anal / Oral Sex A Must? Is Sex Important In A R/ship? + R/ship Without Sex Possible? (compiled)

virgoan57

Guest Ironrod

What's the point of having a r/s if I don't have sex? I will just keep the guy as "friend", "Buddy", "BFF" whatever name you call it for good friends without sex.

I gym hard, I look good just to seduce my bf lol - so no sex is totally out of the formula of a r/s for me.

I don't mind jerking myself off when my sex drive goes beyond what he can provide but minimum once every week I think is reasonable.

Guest DecentBoyLovesRaw

I don't mind jerking myself off when my sex drive goes beyond what he can provide but minimum once every week I think is reasonable.

*perspires*

If your bf can't satisfy you, let me know...

sex doesnt have to be a part of relationship... for us, It is the bond, chemistry and companionship. we sleep same bed, kiss, hug, cuddle, try do things together ... sex is just a bonus.

Guest Hypersexitive

but i just dont feel right. maybe im not ready for sex yet

I only heard of woman not ready to conceive but they still enjoy sex live (with condom). However I have not heard of anybody who said they are not ready for sex as a couple, just like you are not ready to masturbate. May be, when urge comes, you and your lover will just self-masturbate each other in the toilet and get the maximum satisfaction doing so? Oh, may be you just prefer to oral, but that is sex too, righ?

Different people are attracted to different people at various level. Some people need sexual connection, some spiritual and others emotional.

There are people who are pan sexual or asexual. If you are feeling asexual as a natural part of you, you need not feel stressed or "abnormal" about it.

However, if your asexuality is stemmed from fear of intimacy, or shame and guilt about having male to male sexual behaviours, then you might need to find some help on that.

Human is not black and white, plenty of us live in grey areas, in different shades of grey.

Not an issue if your partner feels the same way.

If he needs regular sexual activity like most of us do, and you are not ready for it, the relationship will suffer from it.

Unless you are fine with your partner having sex with other guys to satisfy libido and being in a loving r/s with you

Not that sex can have any forms, some kisses can be very wild... and do you j/o each other or together? Do you watch pxxn together etc...?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest prettyfunny

You agree but your name is "ilovesex" - isn't it oxymoron?

Lol that's what I thought haha. But maybe he means he love sex eventhough sex is not necessary in a relationship.

Doesn't need to be anal, a specific kind of sex. But the initial poster is unclear. Sometimes he posts he is not ready yet - this is fine, everyone has different comfort zone for when in a r/s is the right time. But he also says he is just not interested, like lacking desire fir sex. Sorry bit that is not normal it is a medical problem (possible psych problem, but more likely physical). Go see your doctor. If he can't find anything physically wrong you should seek a therapist (there are two sex therapists in S'pore).

Having no sex doesn't make a relationship equal to regular friendship (unless you never had that strong emotional connection beyond regular friendship to begin with, in which case, might as well find a fxxk buddy instead). It sounds like pure fairytale romance, but if you have ever found someone who you love wholeheartedly, and who loves you wholeheartedly, you would understand what I mean.

But having sex do spice up a relationship. It depends on how you see sex. It's not just about indulging in hedonistic pleasure (not that there's anything wrong with this, we all have biological needs after all). It can go beyond that, something can definitely be said about sharing intimacy with your boyfriend. Sex is probably not a must, but having a healthy dose of sex every now and then can make a big difference in your relationship.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Guest Blaidd_drwg

Having no sex doesn't make a relationship equal to regular friendship (unless you never had that strong emotional connection beyond regular friendship to begin with, in which case, might as well find a fxxk buddy instead). It sounds like pure fairytale romance, but if you have ever found someone who you love wholeheartedly, and who loves you wholeheartedly, you would understand what I mean.

But having sex do spice up a relationship. It depends on how you see sex. It's not just about indulging in hedonistic pleasure (not that there's anything wrong with this, we all have biological needs after all). It can go beyond that, something can definitely be said about sharing intimacy with your boyfriend. Sex is probably not a must, but having a healthy dose of sex every now and then can make a big difference in your relationship.

Good advice.

My take is that sex in a relationship has to be seen from a specific context.

The core foundation of a loving relationship is 2 trusting and mutually preserving individuals working towards a long-term objective. If your experience of sex falls within this thought area, then sex is important as a way of syncing both of yourselves together. Of course, if you and your partner are like-minded in the objective of "not keen on sex", by all means, there is nothing wrong with that. Just that some of the more sexually active users here will be scratching their heads in disbelief. But really, there is nothing wrong.

Sex as a purely hedonistic thing in or out of a relationship carries a different context which does not need much explaining.

In conclusion, you can view sex as a transcending experience or trivial fun. and "importance" is relative to your view on sex. Time taken to initiate sex depends from individual to individual, from couple to couple based on this conclusion.

Just wondering how long into a relationship will you be before you would consider to have sex. To me Im not really keen on having sex in a relationship so Im not sure is there's something wrong with me or is it normal. What do you guys think?

Nothing wrong.

But a question: while u are not keen on having sex in a relationship, are u keen on having sex with others outside a relationship?

;)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest

that's e problem in this circle. everything is abt looks & sex...

Well, different ppl got diff standing in r/s so see what ur partners wants =)

It's only a problem if u don have the looks and not good at sex. In such a case u have to find a partner who looks for other qualities like caring heart, understanding, hardworking etc.

But u have to accept that when his sexual urges come, which wil b frequent if he is relatively healthy n young, he may fantasize having sex with others instead of u most of the time.

Sex is a part of a relationship, it's not relationship is a part of sex. Next, there are different degree of sex which the couple comfortable with. Not every couple engage in anal sex, some feel satisfied with mutual Jo. Some won't do oral sex due to some specific reasons etc etc. At the end of the day, hv their urges met and love towards each other expressed? Intimacy can be expressed in many forms, not only thru love making. Day to day concerns and care for each other emphasized more feelings for each other. Can't expect to have hot wild sex in every session.

My ex was a ver top and when we were together, he tried his best to perform as a bottom. After few sessions, he complained discomfort and bleeding. We reduced anal fun significantly and had our intimacy in other ways. To me, concern and care shown much more than sexual intercourse. Body contacts such as cuddle to sleep and great foreplay are jus as fulfilling. Nvr force and obligated, afterall sex is jus a form of expression :)

Won't that depends on the partner as well. I have ever met a guy who has a bf. His bf is travelling frequently.

He admit that his bf and him has not have sex for a long time. But he is comfortable with that, just on companion basis.

But he really really love to suck cock. I feel that it is quite painful for him.

Well in specific cases such as long distance relationship or one partner has been posted away for a long time, the aexual urges have to be settled somehow. Based on individual's principle, they can either stay mono by DIY or searching for their preys. However long time separation is unhealthy for a relationship :)

• 4 months later...

Yea me.

Awhile back, I thought I liked this guy, so I thought why not?

But every time we meet, we seemed to have sex.

You see, I don't really like sex. (Ok, prolly I'm weird.) [Correction. I'm weird.]

So tadah. Ended it.

How to seek revenge 101: Know him. Befriend him. Make him trust you wholeheartedly. Destroy him. Utterly.

By typing this I fear no one's gonna friend me. :c

I don't like anal sex but I am fine with other forms of sex. It is just a matter of preference I guess. And yes, I have been in a relationship with a guy who only wanted sex all the time we met too. Some people say that sex is 99% sex and 1% care and concern but again, this is subjective. Everyone has different ideals and balances in a relationship. What's important is to sort out the balance with your partner and try to accomdate to each other :)

What is true love?

Yeah.

I ended one seemingly fine relationship because in spite of my love for sex and time constraints disallowing my ex date to see me often (only on the weekends),he would rather see me on Sunday to have fun and not Sat to have dinner.

There are times when I would prefer the relationship bit.

Like when the sex gets monotonous hahaha.

Yeap indeed. I would say for the initial phase of a relationship, sex might comes in more often into the picture. But when the relationship gets longer, its really about a simple dinner and the companionship much more than sex. Thats what me and partner going through now and we are definitely fine with it.

• 3 months later...

There are many couples who don't have much sex be it currently or in their later years,

when they're prolly bored stiff of each other. (not literally of course)

Not everyone's a fan of anal sex.

I don't see why a relationship can't go far without it.

Unless the parties involved are heavily into anal sex and consider it an essential requisite for a partnership.

Sex is but an activity in which BOTH PARTIES partake together, directly or indirectly creating 'BONDING' between couples. It also ensures that both parties are 'happy' (mostly due to orgasm) after partaking in such activity.

If boredom is the main reason for breaking up, then the lack of such 'bonding' activities might directly or indirectly impact the relationship.

Try adopting same hobbies (baking, cooking, etc.) to, maybe, compensate for the 'bonding' session on bed.

On the otherhand, if boredom isn't the main reason, having or not have sex doesn't really matter.

"Well, I didn't know it would come to this but that's what happens when you're on your own."

When u are young or new to gay sex, u think that anal sex is impt or determine alot of things.

But as you get older and have more experiences in life, you will realise that you can do w/o anal sex and some couples do not engage in anal sex at all. Cheers.

I certainly think it is possible!

had a past r/s that is completely without anal sex at all, both of us prefer foreplay to anal

I guess it depends on the two parties to see what they want out of the interaction they have with each other

As to how much potential there is, well, I know of a friend who didnt have any anal with his bf, they lasted for 4 years as of now and are still going strong..so I guess only time will tell?

I had a friends who were a couple for over 3 years. It was after they've ended when one of them confided to me that part of the problem is the lack of anal sex. It wasn't so much that my friend who confided to me couldn't do it, it was more a balance of power issue. His philosophy is if his bf refuses to bottom, he wouldn't do it either. So I did ask what they do then for sex? It was mostly school boy sex stuff. jerking off.

Love. 

each couple has their own needs, so before attch you should know what you and the other party liking.

love is not just about anal sex, but the caring and feels between both.

Guest johnsonklt

I'm wondering if any of you has been in a long term relationship where anal sex is not involved? Kissing, hugging, rubbing, cuddling, oral... anything but anal sex?

Does it last that way? Or must it go there?

I'm not a bottom, but I'm a very lousy top also. My tool is not big enough and I don't last long. I don't enjoy doing it. However I love the feeling of intimacy with another body. I enjoy cuddling, kissing, caressing...

Does it mean I'm hopeless? Could somebody share their experience?

ya I agreed, as long as both guys enjoy non-anal fun & still click.

I too dislike being anal

I too am also the few rare ones that dont do anal sex. I dislike oral sex also as i dont want anything dirty like shit or urine inside my mouth. As for foreplay i do love to do some of it. To me love does not equals to sex and i do not need sex. All I wish in a relationship is that the man i love would care for me, hug me and cuddle me is more than enough. I also wish to buy a house together with him and stay with him forever. If my partner need any sex, he can go find another guy to have sex with as long as he love only me. But i will emphasize that he must have safe sex only.

There was once this guy who I dated long ago. He said he don't like anal. He is something like your case; handsome but not good for sex. Yet he liked me. We cuddled, kissed and he told me all his troubles. But I told him frankly that I am a bottom. Still he wanted me to change for him. I told him I'll try but cannot promise.

But it was really difficult for me and I played behind his back. He found out by examining my anus. He was furious because he simply cannot understand what is so great about dirty anal sex.

Anyway I told him that in order for us to bond beyond just friends, we need to connect physically at least once. It is difficult to describe the emotional feeling when a man is inside your body doing things to bring out the ecstasy of sex.

That was a bad mistake. He couldn't perform and I was like huh?? After that we knew we could never be compatible and there is no point trying; it will waste our precious time.

You really need to test your partner for compatibility before you start to commit emotionally.

Maybe your ex suits me as i like handsome guys but dont do anal and oral sex.

To each his own. Not sure what is the phobia regarding anal. Enjoy it if you wish. Avoid it if you wish.

I just had a great anal session today. My partner enjoyed it too. We sealed it with many rounds of kisses and great intimacy. And even when it was over, we enjoyed the glow of a great intimacy before we headed for the showers.

Relax. Let is happen. Go with the flow. Sex is not for analysis under the microscope.

I had a friends who were a couple for over 3 years. It was after they've ended when one of them confided to me that part of the problem is the lack of anal sex. It wasn't so much that my friend who confided to me couldn't do it, it was more a balance of power issue. His philosophy is if his bf refuses to bottom, he wouldn't do it either. So I did ask what they do then for sex? It was mostly school boy sex stuff. jerking off.

This is quite sad huh? I was in a relationship for 2 years, where I started off as a top. Over time, the both of us became versatile and we started taking turns to be top and bottom.

But it was really difficult for me and I played behind his back. He found out by examining my anus. He was furious because he simply cannot understand what is so great about dirty anal sex.

How does one examine an anus to see if it's been played with?

Guest kikikaka

If one thinks his relationship must havr anal sex, that will be darn shallow!

My partner and I have been together for 9 years and we are both happy to have mutual handjobs and the occasional blowjob on Vday./Xmas.

Guest Guest ~ 1/0

..........mostly school boy sex stuff. jerking off.

Such judgemental ego. He never jerked off after leaving school? Hmpphhh.

My partner says he has far better orgasms being jerked off than topping.

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.