Male HQ

Hot/Cute Guys Reactivated (images ONLY) + Yahoo's #Fitspo series - TikTok & Twitter are not allowed! (Please read the first post for instructions)

sphere

Sunday Times Hot Bod (9 November 2014)

Daniel Chan, 41

Pilates teacher

ST_20141109_zpsb38634e2.jpg

Height: 1.78m

Weight: 75kg

Exercise Regimen: I do an hour of gymnastics strength training in the morning before work five days a week, focusing on connective tissue dynamic strength. And I'll then do Pilates every day before lunch, focusing on joint mobility. Every night, I'll do gymnastics stretched before I go to bed.

Diet: I eat almost everything except that I try to avoid wheat on weekdays. My carbs source is mostly from rice or anything made from rice flour. For my lunches on weekdays, I'll have chicken or tuna salad and for dinner, it's either the typical mixed rice set with less rice, or Western food with salad.

yeah...there r some freaks who eat anything and still stay lean.....why huh?

yeah...there r some freaks who eat anything and still stay lean.....why huh?

Its all about the metabolism rate. If you have huge amount of muscle mass, you would also tend to have higher metabolism. So you can eat more (not just anything) and yet still be as well. But still it's your definition of lean, cause studies have shown that comparing sedentary lean and fat people, the lean people burn more because they tend to adopt a more "active" lifestyle, such as walking around during tv breaks, moving from one place to another, etc and all these contributes to daily energy expenditure/  

ST - Mind Your Body (13 November 2014)

Fang Jianyong, 25
Student

0F234Sm.jpg

Height: 1.77m

Weight: 60kg

Mr Fang Jiangyong is proud that running has taught him to be disciplined and more positive.

"Being a self-coached athlete, I have to be disciplined in carrying out all the scheduled workouts," said Mr Fang, who is currently studying for a University of London degree in Singapore.

His love for running has also allowed him to practise positivity.

"There will be setbacks, such as injuries, that prevent athletes from reaching their goals," he said. "However, we have to keep moving forward. It is not about looking back on how much that was lost, but about how much we can gain if we can make use of setbacks to make us better athletes and people."

Mr Fang, who is single and has a younger brother, relates this way of thinking to life, which is not always smooth sailing. His father is self-employed and his mum is a housewife.

He has participated in numerous sporting events, including the recent The Straits Times Run at the Hub. "Running events help to promote a better sporting culture and are good opportunities for friends and family to spend time together," he said.

---------------

What is your diet like?

I do not have a strict diet regimen, but I will try to avoid deep-fried food because I tend to fall sick after consuming too much of it.

I try to consume more carbohydrates before training, as they provide me with energy throughout the session. I also take more protein after my workout to aid in my recovery. My standard post-workout recovery food is a protein milk shake.

Fruit, such as oranges and kiwi fruit, are part of my daily diet as they help to boost my immune system and prevent me from falling sick.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Sunday Times Hot Bod (16 November 2014)

Gabriel Tit, 25
Civil servant

34734159863_3ed460fd05_o.jpg

Weight: 79kg

Exercise Regimen: I train at the Singapore Weightlifting Federation's gymnasium three times a week. Every session lasts two hours. I do dead lifts and squats during these sessions. On the days I am not there, I do calisthenics for an hour per session.

Diet: I eat two meals a day and practice intermittent fasting. My meals are low in carbohydrates. I like steaks, lean meat and leafy greens.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Sunday Times Hot Bod (9 November 2014)

Daniel Chan, 41

Pilates teacher

ST_20141109_zpsb38634e2.jpg

Weight: 75kg

Exercise Regimen: I do an hour of gymnastics strength training in the morning before work five days a week, focusing on connective tissue dynamic strength. And I'll then do Pilates every day before lunch, focusing on joint mobility. Every night, I'll do gymnastics stretched before I go to bed.

Diet: I eat almost everything except that I try to avoid wheat on weekdays. My carbs source is mostly from rice or anything made from rice flour. For my lunches on weekdays, I'll have chicken or tuna salad and for dinner, it's either the typical mixed rice set with less rice, or Western food with salad.

I'm sure my friend approves of all your kind reviews ;)

I'm sure my friend approves of all your kind reviews ;)

What kind of friend? :P

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

SeannyShortcake has so many hot friends like Lewis, Daniel, etc. *envy *envy

Well, logically speaking, one having hot friends, does not automatically makes one hot

Some are not hot, but like to stand with the hot ones to borrow some light

I think on the kinder side, everyone is unique and hot in their own ways, but so it happens others exudes more heat ( or even charisma) than them

I admit. Some guys are as hot as molten magma..... they  literally can burn your eyeballs....

what if he thinks he is friend with them but in actual they are not friends with him?

Oh Lewis is definitely not my friend.

Sigh if I'm not Daniel's friend then quite jialat liao.

Well, logically speaking, one having hot friends, does not automatically makes one hot

Some are not hot, but like to stand with the hot ones to borrow some light

I think on the kinder side, everyone is unique and hot in their own ways, but so it happens others exudes more heat ( or even charisma) than them

I admit. Some guys are as hot as molten magma..... they  literally can burn your eyeballs....

Your post is quite irrelevant.

He was envious because he wants to know hotter people.

Naturally I'm not here to boost my own limelight (or lack thereof).

Edited by SeannyShortcake

Sunday Times Hot Bod (16 November 2014)

Gabriel Tit, 25Civil servant

ST_20141116_zpsc56165d3.jpg

Height: 1.78m

Weight: 79kg

Exercise Regimen: I train at the Singapore Weightlifting Federation's gymnasium three times a week. Every session lasts two hours. I do dead lifts and squats during these sessions. On the days I am not there, I do calisthenics for an hour per session.

Diet: I eat two meals a day and practice intermittent fasting. My meals are low in carbohydrates. I like steaks, lean meat and leafy greens.

Love his family name Tit. Haha. Is he chinese?

Sunday Times Hot Bod (23 November 2014)

Warren Yap, 25
Civil servant

35504877436_477c2d9780_o.jpg

Height: 1.71m

Weight: 83kg

Exercise Regimen: I work out at the gym six times a week, and focus on the muscles in different parts of my body, like the back, chest, legs, arms and shoulders. To increase the intensity of my workouts, I do 15 to 25 repetitions of each move per set. I also run on a treadmill or at the track for about 30 minutes weekly.

Diet: For the last four months, I have abstained from carbohydrates. I take them only once every two weeks. My diet is high in protein, moderate in fat and low in carbohydrates. My sources of fat are nuts, avocados and peanut butter. I eat six small meals a day, roughly every three hours. I also stay away from fruit juices because they contain too much sugar.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Sunday Times Hot Bod (30 November 2014)

Marcus Koh Zhi Wei, 23
Architectural coordinator & part-time student

35504877466_025083333e_o.jpg

Height: 1.75m

Weight: 80kg

Exercise Regimen: I focus mainly on muscular endurance and toning my physique by hitting the gym at least two to three times a week. I focus on the form and correct posture required to target various muscle groups. Occasionally, I cycle, swim and play football.

Diet: Depending on my fitness goals for the year, I typically have four to six meals a day. By keeping an optimum balance of carbohydrates, fats and protein, I aim to build some lean mass without too much fat.

I consistently include brown rice, wholemeal bread or even wholemeal pasta as my source of carbohydrates. Fruits and vegetables are a must.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Marcus Koh Zhi Wei, 23

ST_20141130_zpse32aaa83.jpg

Exercise Regimen: I focus mainly on muscular endurance and toning my physique by hitting the gym at least two to three times a week. I focus on the form and correct posture required to target various muscle groups. Occasionally, I cycle, swim and play football.

Diet: Depending on my fitness goals for the year, I typically have four to six meals a day. By keeping an optimum balance of carbohydrates, fats and protein, I aim to build some lean mass without too much fat.

I consistently include brown rice, wholemeal bread or even wholemeal pasta as my source of carbohydrates. Fruits and vegetables are a must.

Today's hotbod is really hunky! He seems like he would be the kind of guy with a fitness or bodybuilding related instagram account

Today's hotbod is really hunky! He seems like he would be the kind of guy with a fitness or bodybuilding related instagram account

He does have an IG account, and some of the posts are about making fun of the inexperienced ones in the gym

He does have an IG account, and some of the posts are about making fun of the inexperienced ones in the gym

Well it shows the maturity of certain people. Everyone has to start somewhere in the gym including myself. Plus, there is no one size fits all training as well. So instead of making fun of others, show them the skills. If you ask me personally, his body is definitely not proportion...big arms but small legs. 

He is on wet type. The ripped ones are the dry type.

If you see him in 2011, you know the answer. His body type is not meant to be that big....at most he can be the typical model muscular type. He is approaching the big boys type.

He doesn't look very ripped to be on "certain things" leh.

Edited by bodybuildMLY

With all due respect, I think today's hot bod is too overly bulky until it honestly is quite off-putting.

Why is there a need to train until like some freakishly huge giant?

Agreed. He should stop bulking up anymore now and start some cardio before he turns into the Incredible Hulk.

Personally I prefer the lean toned athletic body, tho also not to the extreme runner, marathon type.

All members, do remember not to go off topic eh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday Times - "sundaylife!" section (30 November 2014)

Online fitness stars - Fitness model was a thin and sickly child

35504877476_cbab8dd53c_o.jpg

It is hard to image that Mr Darren Stephen Lim, now a sinewy fitness model and personal trainer, was once thin and sickly.

"I had childhood asthma and was constantly falling ill," says the 36-year-old bachelor, who has more than 4,200 followers on his Instagram account @dslasher.

His health improved during his teens when he started playing basketball and soccer.

While serving national service, he got hooked on a Japanese boxing manga series called Hajime no Ippo. "Many of the characters in that comic were ripped and I wanted to look like them," he says.

He started working out in the gym three times a week when he was 21 and says he saw a difference in his physique within six months. "My shoulders showed up. I could see they were more shapely."

Shortly after that, he earned a diploma in sports and leisure from a private school and became a certified personal trainer by age 23. His certification is from the Federation of International Sports, Aerobics and Fitness, which touts itself as the world's largest instructor certification agency. Graduates of its International Training Course receive an internationally recogised certificate.

"I took the course because I wanted to know the science of the body, to better understand how a body functions. I wanted to look good and be fit too," he says.

But he was also busy building up his career by working various jobs in retail and corporate communications. In 2006, however, his focus shifted towards fitness after he took up various health-related courses to upgrade his skills and knowledge.

"I realised there was a lot I did not know. I also learnt that to be a good trainer, I needed to put my clients' interests before my own," says the 1.73m-tall Mr Lim, who weighs 72kg.

He started taking in clients and trained them at their homes or condominium gyms.

In 2012, he started an Instagram account "for fun" and has been posting on it once every few days since last year. His pictures and videos show him working out with different types of equipment such as the Smart Muscle Board to train balancing and TRX Rip Trainer for multi-directional exercises with resistance.

One of his photos made it to Instagram's Popular Page last year and the number of his followers grew steadily.

Mr Lim, who set up his own gym called D.Fitness in East Coast Road last November, says he tries to post "something positive" each time. "I want to show that fitness is not just about brawn and nothing else."

He tries to infuse fun into his routines with a range of different workouts named after superheroes, such as Spiderman, Captain America and Ironman.

A Spiderman workout, for instance, entails climbing up a flight of stairs backwards and doing callisthenics, while a Captain America routine involves lunges, push-ups and movements with the Bosu ball, a fitness training device that he uses to mimic the character's shield-throwing actions.

One of his clients, housewife Sarah Saatchi, 33, attests to his creativity. The Iranian, who is based in Singapore, has trained with him for the past two years and says he can device workouts without the use of tools. "He changes things around for me each time. He can give you a programme even if you don't have a gym," she says.

Mr Lim says exercises such as lunges, pus-ups and squats can all be done without equipment.

He splits his time among about 70 clients, of whom 20 are based overseas. They came to know of him via social media and word-of-mouth. He charges between $100 and $180 for an hour-long session. For overseas clients, he gets them to send videos of themselves working out, then makes Skype calls or e-mails them to correct their movements and improve their workouts.

He maintains his personal fitness by working out five to six times a week in his gym.

Asked about the flip side to his growing online profile, he says he gets the occasional rude comment but shrugs it off. "Empty vessels make the most noise," he says.

He does not keep track of the number of followers he has on Instagram or the number of "likes" he gets for his photos.

"I'm just committed to making my body stronger and better, so that I can make others better," he adds.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Marcus Koh Zhi Wei, 23

ST_20141130_zpse32aaa83.jpg

face cmi. the body shape so big so weird i suspect he uses steroid?

anyway, whats there to make fun of inexperience. some ppl anyhow pull n push to get over it. not everyone wants to get big muscles like him. 

Sunday Times Hot Bod (7 December 2014)

Joel Tan, 24
Student

35504877496_db6a64c6a9_o.jpg

Height: 1.73m

Weight: 70kg

Exercise Regimen: I train five times a week at Iron Fitness Singapore, with four strength days and one conditioning day. For strength workouts, I focus on bench press, squats and dead lifts. For conditioning workouts, I focus on body weight movements such as pull-ups, push-ups, skipping and weighted sled work. This is to prepare for powerlifting competitions in 2015. Each training session lasts about 60-90 minutes.

Diet: I basically eat anything and do not have a strict diet, but I try to hit my daily protein intake of one gram per pound of bodyweight. I also try to eat immediately after training and get at least eight hours of sleep. I eat two servings of fruit per day.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

retired at 49?

wow.

The new ST 100 Hot Bods e-book actually only contains 50 past male hot bods, while the first 50 would be female of course. Not sure if it is possible to post all 50, but maybe post some as suggested by moderator.

The first one is not the best but the only one with the "then" and "now" update. Here goes:

Screenshot_2014-07-29-07-45-16_zpscd3c9c

Screenshot_2014-07-29-07-47-54_zpscd13b6

Sunday Times Hot Bod (14 December 2014)

Timothy Tan, 25
Owner of a health food business

35504877526_2b9667c892_o.jpg

Weight: 72kg

Exercise Regimen: I exercise six times a week. Each session is not more than an hour. I focus on two or more muscle groups each time so that by the end of the week, i would have worked on every muscle group. I also play football and basketball for leisure.

Diet: Most of my meals consist of food that provides me with protein and fibre, like meat, fruit and vegetables. I take carbohydrates only once in three days. Even when I do take them, I stick to complex carbs like wholemeal bread, cous cous and half-wheat food. This is a diet I've come up with to cater to my lifestyle so that I eat healthily and do not put on extra weight.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Timothy Tan this week looks hot. Youth is an asset, no doubt.

Agreed.

Likewise for Darren Stephen Lim (not in Hotbod), hot eh! Haha.

Sunday Times Hot Bod (21 December 2014)

Yong Zen Ming, 25
Freelance personal trainer

35504877566_a9a6891430_o.jpg

Weight: 78kg

Exercise Regimen: I go to the gym six times a week. My rest day is Sunday. At the gym, I target different parts of my body. I do high-repetition exercises to maintain a lean body. My shoulders are my favourite muscle group to work on. I do frontal and side raises using weights and also shoulder presses. In my free time, I play basketball.

Diet: I take four to five meals a day. They consist of high protein and low-fat food such as chicken breast, salmon and lemon-grass beef. When I'm training at the gym, I will eat meals with carbohydrates before and after my session, and I also take a lot of vegetables and fruits. On Sundays, I will eat any food I want.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

• sphere changed the title to Hot/Cute Guys Reactivated (images ONLY) + Yahoo's #Fitspo series - TikTok & Twitter are not allowed! (Please read the first post for instructions)
  • Bern featured this topic