Male HQ

Hot/Cute Guys Reactivated (images ONLY) + Yahoo's #Fitspo series - TikTok & Twitter are not allowed! (Please read the first post for instructions)

sphere

Sunday Times Hot Bod (19 April 2015)

Tan Chun Leng, 24

Student

ST_20150419_zpsdyrwt2p5.jpg

Height: 1.76m

Weight: 80kg

Exercise Regimen: I train up to 10 times a week - four dragonboat, three canoeing and two weightlifting sessions in the gym. Dragonboat and canoeing training is mostly cardiovascular in nature and keeps me lean and fit.

Diet: My meals contain high amounts of carbohydrates and protein. For example, brown rice supplies energy for my intensive training. Protein from eggs, soy and protein shakes aid in muscle recovery. I avoid fried and oily food but I believe eating them once or twice a week is acceptable due to the training I do.

Protein from eggs, soy and protein shakes aid in muscle recovery... is he a vegetarian? 

Egg is not exactly vegetarian.

Protein from eggs, soy and protein shakes aid in muscle recovery... is he a vegetarian? 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

You know Chun Leng very well?

Without knowing the person, it is very easy to tell, especially those who have experience and knowledge. Our human body can under hypertrophy but unfortunately our own Mother Nature has its own system to limit its capability to grow further due to genetics. You can easily do this by comparing pre and post pics.

Xydboy can help to explain this further as it is his specialized field.

Edited by bodybuildMLY

You know gear users very well?

I roll on the floor laughing at this comment so loud. So sorry about it =p Just in case someone asks, I don't know the person well but I've seen the way he trains and what he tells people. Well, a thief won't go around to tell people he steals.

Edited by xydboy

Guest Guest

Yes I saw him before. He is definitely fit, lean and well-toned, but he is not meant to be that big.

Not meant to be that big? What do you mean by that?

Straits Times - Mind Your Body (23 April 2015)

Matthew Quek, 37

Teacher, singer, composer

spacer.png

Height: 1.73m

Weight: 70kg

He is used to feeling tired every morning. And it is not because the history teacher has an early start of 5am on weekdays or the need to juggle his other life as a singer, composer and vocal coach.

He suffers from two sleep disorders - severe obstructive sleep apnoea and narcolepsy, a chronic brain disorder that causes periods of extreme daytime sleepiness. He may fall asleep suddenly at any time, though it tends to happen only when he is seated and chilling out, he said.

"The narcolepsy itself already kills the urge to exercise." said Mr Quek, who is married to a public servant. But he pushes himself to exercise every day, as it helps to keep him fit and his sleep disorders in check.

Mr Quek has also struggled with learning difficulties since he was young.

"My mother went through shock in the hospital before giving birth to me. That caused irreparable brain damage, especially in the left hemisphere of my brain," he said.

"I had incredible difficulties in spatial reasoning, grasping scientific concepts and fine motor movements." His condition was finally diagnosed during his national service days.

Mr Quek launched his eighth solo album and first bilingual album Embrace in February. The songs were composed to raise funds for the Dyslexia Association of Singapore.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Sunday Times Hot Bod (26 April 2015)

Luke Yap, 22
Undergraduate

spacer.png

Height: 1.67m

Weight: 67.6kg

Exercise Regimen: I train up to 11 times a week with the national kayak sprint team. This involves paddling as many as nine times a week, with two sessions of weights and running training.

Diet: Due to the high volume and intensity of training that I go through, I try to eat four big meals a day. I usually start the day with a bowl of cereal and milk. The other three meals would be something along the lines of mixed vegetable rice in order for a balanced diet. I indulge in a lot of ice cream on weekends.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Guest Guest

they like to interview all these young adults between 20 t0 24....cos they are still studying, other than that, spend alot of time in gym and sports.

be realistic la. go interview older adults for motivation instead.

Guest Guest

Sunday Times Hot Bod (26 April 2015)

Luke Yap, 22

Undergraduate

ST_20150426_zpsbevtip58.jpg

Weight: 67.6kg

Exercise Regimen: I train up to 11 times a week with the national kayak sprint team. This involves paddling as many as nine times a week, with two sessions of weights and running training.

Diet: Due to the high volume and intensity of training that I go through, I try to eat four big meals a day. I usually start the day with a bowl of cereal and milk. The other three meals would be something along the lines of mixed vegetable rice in order for a balanced diet. I indulge in a lot of ice cream on weekends.

Last week and this week standard poles apart. Worse this week one talk rubbish even bigger. Last week 7 days a week train 10 times already nonsense and today this guy says 11 times. How many days a week they have?

Guest Guest

Last week and this week standard poles apart. Worse this week one talk rubbish even bigger. Last week 7 days a week train 10 times already nonsense and today this guy says 11 times. How many days a week they have?

Why do you assume people train once a day only? Making assumption is this is making an arse out of yourself!

be realistic la. go interview older adults for motivation instead.

They do have older ones, you could refer to those from 12 April, 15 February, 1 February, 18 January, 9 November.

Its not uncommon for national team athletes to train twice a day, sometimes going up to three times depending on the kind of training they do. It could be a mix of cardio/resistance training coupled with sea training for those who are rowers/paddlers. From what I heard from my fellow rowers, they row in the early morning 7am, and they hit the gym or some other forms of land training in the afternoon/evening, depending on their time schedule.

Guest Guest

Yeah..I am only a squash player and I train twice a day...morning with a coach for an hour and afternoon with other players for another 3 hours for 6 days a week, so that is 12 times a week! Wonder why no one asks for my pic!

Straits Times - Mind Your Body (30 April 2015)

Christopher Cheong, 18

National swimmer, student at TJC

National swimmer Christopher Cheong's warm-up exercises

spacer.png

Plank

(to warm up the core abdominal muscles)

Prop up on elbows while lying on your front.

Place elbows directly under shoulders, so they carry most of the weight.

Spread your feet hip-width apart and come up on the balls of your feet.

Engage your abdominal or core muscles and contract thigh muscles to pull yourself up. Your back should remain straight and hips should stay parallel to the floor.

Hold the position for 10 seconds, then gently lower body back towards the floor.

Repeat 10 times.

spacer.png

Side plank

(to warm up the oblique muscles)

Lie on your right side with your knees straight.

Prop your upper body up on your right elbow and forearm.

Raise your hips until your body forms a straight line from your ankles to your shoulders.

Hold this position for 10 seconds, and repeat 10 times.

Do the same for the left side.

spacer.png

Scissor kicks

(to warm up the core muscles)

Lie down on the floor, facing upwards. Place your hands under the buttocks.

Raise both legs about 50cm off from the ground. Raise your head slightly off the ground.

Lift and lower the legs alternately, like using a pair of scissors.

Do a set of 10 repetitions.

Keep abdominal muscles flexed at all times.

spacer.png

Squats

(to warm up the leg muscles)

Stand with feet shoulder-width apart. Keep the back in a neutral position.

Slowly bend your knees, hips and ankles, lowering the body until the thighs and lower limbs are at a 90-degrees angle. Hold the position for 10 seconds.

Return to the starting position. Repeat 10 times.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Tricep stretches

(to warm up the arm muscles)

Take the right arm and pull it across the chest by cradling in the crook of the left arm.

Pull the right arm slightly towards the body with the left arm.

Hold the position for 10 seconds, repeat 10 times. Switch arms and repeat.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Sunday Times Hot Bod (3 May 2015)

Fariz Adam, 27
Personal trainer

spacer.png

Exercise Regimen: I train at the gym five times a week. I'm experimenting with a workout programme focusing on frequency whereby I complete an extended set with short rest intervals in between.

Diet: I follow a ketogenic diet. On weekdays, I consume foods that are high in fat like steak, butter and cream, and low in carbs, like fibrous vegetables. On weekends, it will be foods that are high in carbs such as rice, bread and potatoes. I also enjoy dark chocolate which I eat only on weekends.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Fariz Adam, 27

Personal trainer

ST_20150503_zps8vbkwwlt.jpg

Exercise Regimen: I train at the gym five times a week. I'm experimenting with a workout programme focusing on frequency whereby I complete an extended set with short rest intervals in between.

Diet: I follow a ketogenic diet. On weekdays, I consume foods that are high in fat like steak, butter and cream, and low in carbs, like fibrous vegetables. On weekends, it will be foods that are high in carbs such as rice, bread and potatoes. I also enjoy dark chocolate which I eat only on weekends.

Nice gain....lean gain!

Guest Guest

Fariz Adam, 27

Personal trainer

ST_20150503_zps8vbkwwlt.jpg

his tits position don't look natural

Straits Times - Digital Life (6 May 2015)

Fang Jianyong, 25

National middle-distance runner

spacer.png

His training bag: I have been using this New Balance bag for three months. It is pretty spacious and I can put in two pairs of shoes. It has a separate compartment for my Apple iPad mini and smaller compartments for my phone and wallet.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Fang Jianyong, 25

ST_20150506_DL_zpsuw71bqhr.jpg

His training bag: I have been using this New Balance bag for three months. It is pretty spacious and I can put in two pairs of shoes. It has a separate compartment for my Apple iPad mini and smaller compartments for my phone and wallet.

He's cute.

Sunday Times Hot Bod (10 May 2015)

Clifford Yow, 23
Student

spacer.png

Height: 1.74m

Exercise Regimen: I engage in strength training at least three times a week, targeting different parts of the body for each session. I'll go for runs on Sundays and Thursdays, with each run between 5km and 10km. I will also swim if I have the time, for distance up to 2km.

Diet: I don't count calories or watch my diet but since young, I've been avoiding fried food and sugary drinks. Because I stay in a hostel, I cook a lot - I steam or boil my food. I don't usually take sweet stuff like dessert.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Fang Jianyong, 25

ST_20150506_DL_zpsuw71bqhr.jpg

He's my type of guy. He will be a good husband. Haaaaa

Fang Jianyong, 25

Was he the one who posed a series of topless army wear pic before?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Straits Times - Sports Section (16 May 2015)

spacer.png

Joseph Schooling, who made waves at the Commonwealth Games and Asiad last year, says it is crucial that Team Singapore lap up the home-ground advantage during the SEA Games.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Sunday Times Hot Bod (17 May 2015)

Lim Boon Keat, 37
Senior executive

spacer.png

Height: 1.71m

Weight: 67kg

Exercise Regimen: I focus on exercises that help me perform better during my IPPT test. Every alternate day, I do 40 push-ups and sit-ups, and I play badminton once a week. I run 3km twice a week to improve my endurance.

Diet: I eat fruit and drink plenty of water. I refrain from having supper and try to stay away from deep-fried food. If I have over-indulged, I try to take in less carbs and go for more greens in my next meal.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Lim Boon Keat, 37

Senior executive

ST_20150517_zpsy1utpebw.jpg

Height: 1.71m

Weight: 67kg

Exercise Regimen: I focus on exercises that help me perform better during my IPPT test. Every alternate day, I do 40 push-ups and sit-ups, and I play badminton once a week. I run 3km twice a week to improve my endurance.

Diet: I eat fruit and drink plenty of water. I refrain from having supper and try to stay away from deep-fried food. If I have over-indulged, I try to take in less carbs and go for more greens in my next meal.

Did they declare real weight or just come out with any figure from the sky?

171cm and 67kg and still so skinny? Another one also has questionable height and weight proportionality by looking at the photos.

Terrible.. nobody measures those on the spot while interviewing. Uncredited info max.

Guest Guest

Lim Boon Keat, 37

Senior executive

ST_20150517_zpsy1utpebw.jpg

Height: 1.71m

Weight: 67kg

Exercise Regimen: I focus on exercises that help me perform better during my IPPT test. Every alternate day, I do 40 push-ups and sit-ups, and I play badminton once a week. I run 3km twice a week to improve my endurance.

Diet: I eat fruit and drink plenty of water. I refrain from having supper and try to stay away from deep-fried food. If I have over-indulged, I try to take in less carbs and go for more greens in my next meal.

When Sunday Times feature Tan Chun Leng weeks ago, that should be the standard of hot bods they must feature every week.

Sunday Times - Main Page & Sports Section (17 May 2015)

spacer.png

National Tay Jia Wei has his twin brother Jia Jun in his corner, but the rest of his family is dead set against his sport.

As his mother Jean puts it: "Which mother would want to watch her bleed?"

Welterweight Jia Wei, 20, took up boxing at 14 to fend off school bullies who teased him for being overweight. Family objections made him stop for a while, but he returned to his passion and persevered, winning medals he did not show anyone at home.

No. 1 supporter Jia Jun said: "Even if my family doesn't understand and support him, I do. He has a great ability to stay motivated."

Jia Wei insists he won't be alone when he steps into the SEA Games ring, as he's counting on crowd support.

spacer.png

Tay Jia Wei (right), practising with his biggest supporter - his twin brother Jia Jun - took up boxing in a bid to stand up to bullies who teased him over his weight of 80kg when he was 14.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

• sphere changed the title to Hot/Cute Guys Reactivated (images ONLY) + Yahoo's #Fitspo series - TikTok & Twitter are not allowed! (Please read the first post for instructions)
  • Bern featured this topic