Male HQ

Hot/Cute Guys Reactivated (images ONLY) + Yahoo's #Fitspo series - TikTok & Twitter are not allowed! (Please read the first post for instructions)

sphere

Sorry guys, please stick to the topic on Hotbods from the Straits Times eh, as GM had previously moved some of those "out of topic" posts eh.

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Sunday Times Hot Bod (28 December 2014)

Khairul Fadly, 25
Freelance film crew

spacer.png

Height: 1.79m

Weight: 74kg

Exercise Regimen: I try to hit the gym at least five times a week, after work in the evenings. I divide my sessions into the different body groups I want to work on. For example, I may work on my abs one day and my arms on another. I mainly do weight training for these exercises. My only form of cardio exercise is skateboarding, which I do once in a while.

Diet: I have a simple meal for breakfast like cereal with milk because of my busy schedule. I usually have Western food for lunch, like chicken chop and pasta, mainly lots of meat for a high-protein intake. Dinner time is also made up of lots of meat. I avoid junk food and sugary drinks, and stick mostly to water. 

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Sunday Times Hot Bod (4 January 2015)

Zainuddin Abdullah, 24
Health supplements salesman

spacer.png

Height: 1.71m

Weight: 80kg

Exercise Regimen: I focus on a specific group of muscles each weekday. I start each day with cardio exercises like running for about 30 minutes, followed by resistance training. In the evenings, I lift weights for about 1 1/2 hours. On weekends, I do heavy weight training for about 45 minutes each time.

Diet: I prepare meals at home and take them with me when I am out. I cook with olive oil and avoid meat with skin. I take lots of water and have been off sodas or artificially-flavoured drinks for the last six years. I take three main meals and light snacks like almonds and walnuts. I have vegetables or fruits at every meal.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Zainuddin Abdullah, 24

ST_20150104_zpsbcdd543d.jpg

Exercise Regimen: I focus on a specific group of muscles each weekday. I start each day with cardio exercises like running for about 30 minutes, followed by resistance training. In the evenings, I lift weights for about 1 1/2 hours. On weekends, I do heavy weight training for about 45 minutes each time.

Diet: I prepare meals at home and take them with me when I am out. I cook with olive oil and avoid meat with skin. I take lots of water and have been off sodas or artificially-flavoured drinks for the last six years. I take three main meals and light snacks like almonds and walnuts. I have vegetables or fruits at every meal.

Looks disgusting with big arms but flat chest

Zainuddin Abdullah, 24

ST_20150104_zpsbcdd543d.jpg

He is just 24 years old??? He looks more like 36-37 years old. 

Sunday Times Hot Bod (11 January 2015)

Ong Hee Chai, 26
Wholesale manager

spacer.png

Height: 1.83m

Weight: 74kg

Exercise Regimen: I train at a gym where I do a lot of metabolic conditioning and strength routines. A workout on a "metcon day" may include 100 reps of kettlebell swing, 75 pull-ups, 50 squats and 25 handstand push-ups. I will do as many rounds as possible for 20 minutes. On a "strength day", I go for a lower rep range like 10 sets of 3 reps.

Diet: I prefer natural foods. I keep my sugar intake low and try to go for complex carbohydrates like sweet potatoes. I have chicken chop or steak if I am eating out. Side dishes will normally be baked potato and salad with no dressing.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Too much..*ahem*

Yeah its should be *ahem* *ahem* *ahem*. These people should go for a good blood test and do a proper check-up. Hopefully they do not suffer from stressed liver, high blood pressure, high liver enzymes, high cholesterol, cholestatis and other liver-related diseases. 

Recently, I see lots of young guys abuse the *ahem* *ahem*.

Straits Times - Mind Your Body (15 January 2015)

Davide Romeo, 25

Actor & model

spacer.png

Height: 1.72m

Weight: 68kg

For Mr Romeo, performing in Peter Pan, The Never Ending Story is like getting a good workout.

The actor and model plays the role of the very young boy Michael Darling in the musical, now on at Resorts World Sentosa till Jan 20.

Just in the first 10 minutes alone, he jumps, runs and does acrobatics and stunts, he said. There are also flights on harness, choreographed dancing, and more running and jumping.

Despite all this, Mr Romeo still does extra workouts before and after the show. "Doing eight shows a week is already a very good way to maintain my body, but since I want to improve my physical looks and my craft, I always work out, even after the show," said the Swiss national.

When he's back home in Gordola, Switzerland, he visits the gym regularly. "I always did sports. I am an active person. I like to play basketball, swim, do judo and I also enjoy going to the the gym."

He also kept very fit when he studied at the Academy for Physical Theatre in Switzerland from 2008 to 2011. "I had dance classes, acrobatic classes and other physical activities every day," he said.

Instead of tiring him out, the daily workouts helped him to concentrate on honing his craft, he said.

The bachelor, who has two brothers and a sister, will be heading home when the show ends to perform as a clown in a Swiss circus show. His mother is a salsa dance teacher and his father is a crane operator, butcher and gardener.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Sunday Times Hot Bod (18 January 2015)

Derrick Teh, 33
Entrepreneur

spacer.png

Height: 1.7m

Weight: 59kg

Exercise Regimen: I try to exercise 3 to 4 times a week. I would have preferred to do more if not for my irregular working hours. I engage in exercises such as resistance training, high intensity interval training and 3-5km runs. I also do abs roller exercises when I am in Singapore.

Diet: I go for more protein, fruits and vegetables and less carbohydrates and fats. When I need a snack, I have yoghurt, fruit or protein shakes. I also take multi-vitamins with antioxidant, green tea supplement and fish oil. My mantra is: Eat what the body needs, and not what it wants.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Sunday Times Hot Bod (25 January 2015)

Eugene Cheong, 23
Undergraduate

spacer.png

Height: 1.75m

Weight: 83kg

Exercise Regimen: I work out five to six times a week, spending an hour per session on average. Intensity is the name of the game here, as I usually cover six to seven exercises in the session. During leaning or the competition phase, my workouts usually extend to 90 minutes as I include more exercises and variations while keeping the rest time low, so as to ramp up metabolism.

Diet: During my bulking phase, I eat six to seven meals daily. During my cutting phase, it's eight to 10 meals a day and I increase my intake of protein and healthy fats while decreasing my carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are mainly starchy, such as oats and brown rice. Protein sources are poultry, beef or salmon.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Eugene Cheong, 23

Undergraduate

ST_20150125_zps6dcc7593-1.jpg

Exercise Regimen: I work out five to six times a week, spending an hour per session on average. Intensity is the name of the game here, as I usually cover six to seven exercises in the session. During leaning or the competition phase, my workouts usually extend to 90 minutes as I include more exercises and variations while keeping the rest time low, so as to ramp up metabolism.

Diet: During my bulking phase, I eat six to seven meals daily. During my cutting phase, it's eight to 10 meals a day and I increase my intake of protein and healthy fats while decreasing my carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are mainly starchy, such as oats and brown rice. Protein sources are poultry, beef or salmon.

bodybuilder!

Eugene Cheong, 23

Undergraduate

ST_20150125_zps6dcc7593-1.jpg

Nice body but not very good looking

Straits Times, Mind Your Body (29 January 2015)

Building up a lean look

BIO BOX

Shane Pow, 24

spacer.png

Height: 1.78m

Weight: 71kg

Looking at Pow's toned physique, it is hard to believe he used to be an overweight child.

He started to play basketball for his primary and secondary schools from the age of 12 and that quickly melted the fat.

At 18, Pow got his start in showbiz as a part-time presenter for SPH RazorTV's sports segment "Livewire".

Then a stint in the 2011 Manhunt contest got him spotted by a talent management company, Beam Artistes, which set him up for a career in TV acting.

The MediaCorp artiste, who lives with his 50-year-old mother and 30-year-old sister, is known for his roles in sitcoms such as Channel 8's The Recruit Diaries and Channel U's Served H.O.T..

He is now filming the drama serial, The Journey: Our Homeland, the finale of a trilogy depicting the development of Singapore.

On March 1, he will be taking part in the sixth edition of the Men's Health Urbanathlon, an urban obstacle race, together with big names as Singapore mountaineer Edwin Siew.

The event is organised by Singapore Press Holdings Magazines and HiVelocity, and is supported by Sport Singapore.

Participants will have to navigate obstacles that require skills such as balancing, swinging and climbing. The race is open to men and women aged 18 and above. Registration closes on Saturday.

How do you keep fit? 

I try to go to the gym three times a week, spending one to 1 1/2 hours there each time.

I also run about twice a week, covering 5km each time.

Sometimes, I run from my home to the Woodlands Sports Stadium, which is less than 1km away, and then I do 100m sprints at the stadium track.

I prefer to do sprints than run long distances. I also enjoy basketball - I play every week with former schoolmates.

How has your exercise regimen changed over the years? 

I used to run every morning and go to the gym five times a week, but I can no longer do that because of my hectic work schedule. I work an average of 12 hours a day, from 7am to 7pm. Once or twice a week, I may even work till midnight and be back at work at 7am the next day.

On those days, I will have no choice but to skip exercise.

I also had to switch my focus from strength to endurance training. Having a lean body, instead of an overly muscular one, allows me to take on more acting roles.

What is your secret to looking fabulous? 

I think the most important thing is to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Now that I cannot exercise as much, I'm more careful with my diet.

It is also important to take care of my skin while I am still young. I use skincare products designed for men twice a day.

Has there been a time when you were not fit and fabulous? 

I was a very fat kid and was in my school's Trim and Fit club from Primary 1 to 5.

My friends used to call me "fatty" because I ate a lot and hardly exercised. I could have seven to eight full meals in a day, eating plenty of carbohydrate-laden dishes.

Still, I managed to do pretty well for my National Physical Fitness Award test in primary school, getting a silver or gold grade.

Have you ever sustained any injury from exercise?

When I was studying at Ngee Ann Polytechnic, I tore my anterior cruciate ligament in my right knee during a basketball training session.

I was at the peak of my basketball career then, playing for my school as well as the national youth team, but the injury sidelined me for 1 1.2 years.

I had physiotherapy for about six months and, for a few years after that, I wore a knee brace whenever I played basketball.

I have since stopped playing basketball competitively. Now, I just play the game for fun.

What is your diet like? 

I don't count my calories and I am currently on a low-carb, high-protein diet.

On a typical day, my breakfast would comprise two slices of wholemeal bread with three eggs, without the yolks.

For lunch and dinner, I try to avoid oily and fried food. Instead, I eat lean meat, fish and lots of vegetables. I try not to consume carbohydrates after 5pm so as not to gain weight.

What are your indulgences? 

I have a soft spot for sausages and fries. Of course, I don't eat these every day. I try not to have a more than two cheat meals a week.

What do you do to relax?

I like to read and listen to jazz or rock music.

Music helps me to unwind and keeps my mind off things.

For me, exercise is key to maintaining a healthy work-life balance. So no matter how hectic my schedule is, I try to squeeze in at least an hour of intense exercise on most days.

What are the three most important things in your life?

Firstly, my family - they are the most important people in my life. Without their support and love, I wouldn't be where I am today.

Secondly, food. I'm a foodie and eating makes me happy, which is why the next most important thing is exercise - so that I can continue to eat. Plus, the adrenalin rush from exercise makes me happy.

Would you go for plastic surgery?

No. My parents gave me my looks and I'm contented with them.

Do you think you're sexy?

I think I'm sexy in my own way, not just in my appearance, but because I am confident and take pride in my work.

I feel that men who are serious about what they're doing are the most good-looking.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

i m impressed n amazed by the effort n discipline of these guys to look good.

Imo, dieting is the hardest.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Shane pow now trained to have a lean body instead of muscular body? No wonder now he seems to look smaller built and not as big as before?! Anyway, he revealed where he stay exactly?!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Sunday Times Hot Bod (1 February 2015)

Michael Lee, 56
F&B businessman

spacer.png

Exercise Regimen: I take part regularly in triathlons and half-marathons. I train five times a week for two hours per session. The sessions consist of weight training and an 8- 10km run. On one of those days, I also go for a 30-lap swim.

Diet: I start the day off with wholemeal bread or cereal with milk, an sometimes with yoghurt and fruits. Lunch and dinner usually consist of brown rice, vegetables and white meat, or sandwiches. I seldom eat snacks or have supper but I enjoy my favourite nonya kueh once a while.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

how do many of these very muscular guys maintain their body?  They dont need to work one?

there is this guy at gymboxx who trains everyday. i think he really no need to work.

Sunday Times Hot Bod (1 February 2015)

Michael Lee, 56

F&B businessman

ST_20150201_zps202e968b.jpg

Exercise Regimen: I take part regularly in triathlons and half-marathons. I train five times a week for two hours per session. The sessions consist of weight training and an 8- 10km run. On one of those days, I also go for a 30-lap swim.

Diet: I start the day off with wholemeal bread or cereal with milk, an sometimes with yoghurt and fruits. Lunch and dinner usually consist of brown rice, vegetables and white meat, or sandwiches. I seldom eat snacks or have supper but I enjoy my favourite nonya kueh once a while.

Can Sunday Times have a standard on the guys featured every week?

Can Sunday Times have a standard on the guys featured every week?

I think for his age, the condition of his physique is already quite remarkable. He looks fit, toned, healthy and confident. Besides, at that age, he probably doesn't have to take off his shirt to charm the pants off anyone - perhaps with experience, charisma and the gift of gap. ;)

ksy1f2jn2osi403qdr6f.gif

I think for his age, the condition of his physique is already quite remarkable. He looks fit, toned, healthy and confident. Besides, at that age, he probably doesn't have to take off his shirt to charm the pants off anyone - perhaps with experience, charisma and the gift of gap. ;)

Augustine Lee sure looks better than today's ST Hot Bod as a senior citizen

10013544_548223228626806_1069806573_n.jp

Augustine Lee sure looks better than today's ST Hot Bod as a senior citizen

10013544_548223228626806_1069806573_n.jp

this kind whole day everyday gym one? nothing but gym? not realistic lah.

i rather ST feature common ppl who have body that is achievable.

Sunday Times Hot Bod (8 February 2015)

Daniel Koh, 18
Student

spacer.png

Height: 1.77m

Exercise Regimen: I'm in Temasek Polytechnic's kayak racing team, so we train quite frequently and vigorously at times - sometimes up to 9-10 times a week. We usually try to hit the gym around three times each week and two of those sessions will be focused on strength training. I prefer to focus more on endurance training, as I feel it's better for overall performance during races.

Diet: I just started bulking up about five days ago, and I'm eating six meals a day. My meals are mainly focused on carbohydrates such as rice and oats. My protein intake consists mostly of salmon and steak. I'm aiming to hit at least 78kg by the end of May and start cutting before my competition in October.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Guest Sport-coholic

Shane pow now trained to have a lean body instead of muscular body? No wonder now he seems to look smaller built and not as big as before?! Anyway, he revealed where he stay exactly?!

According to his interview on Men's Health, it's because he's filming "The Journey: Our Homeland" based in the 70s and the producer told him that he looked too buff as there wasn't a gym culture in those days.

So sad huh? Even your body is at the whims and fancies of Mediacorp.

No choice I guess, given that hectic working hours, but then again, if Zheng GePing can find time to workout and achieve that bod, then he should too since he is still young. (I know, probably Zheng GePing is less busy, that's why, haha)

• sphere changed the title to Hot/Cute Guys Reactivated (images ONLY) + Yahoo's #Fitspo series - TikTok & Twitter are not allowed! (Please read the first post for instructions)
  • Bern featured this topic