Male HQ

Hot/Cute Guys Reactivated (images ONLY) + Yahoo's #Fitspo series - TikTok & Twitter are not allowed! (Please read the first post for instructions)

sphere

No problem. Yes, indeed - some, and I've already posted all in the past few pages, haha.

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

gay men go gym to look attractive to attract other guys

straight guys gym to attract who? girls dont bother about guy figure as much as gays right?

some straight guys are also teaser, make you feel can see but cannot touch....i would like to think all these guys are gay or bi until proven straight :)

some straight guys are also teaser, make you feel can see but cannot touch....i would like to think all these guys are gay or bi until proven straight :)

Think even the guy is gay, also doesnt mean u can see n touch leh?!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Sunday Times Hot Bod (24 August 2014)

Noel Ong, 24
Student

35464225856_9a5ba09c9a_o.jpg

Height: 1.75m

Weight: 60kg

Exercise Regimen: I climb twice a week, mostly bouldering. Each session is a short and intensive full-body workout which lasts around four hours. Exercises like pull-ups are a major part in my workout. I mostly do 20 reps of five sets per workout, twice a week. To cool down after my climbing session, I do pull-ups on fingerboard to work on my tendon strength.

Diet: I like to eat a light meal before and after my workout to fuel up for the exercise and for muscle recovery. The meal is mainly carbohydrate-based and topped with protein-rich meat like chicken breast and vegetables. I have a sweet tooth but I believe regular workouts make up for the indulgence.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Each session is a short and intensive full-body workout which lasts around four hours.

Four hrs is short to him? No wonder he is so fit.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Noel Ong, 24

Student

ST_20140824_zps1591f127.jpg

Exercise Regimen: I climb twice a week, mostly bouldering. Each session is a short and intensive full-body workout which lasts around four hours. Exercises like pull-ups are a major part in my workout. I mostly do 20 reps of five sets per workout, twice a week. To cool down after my climbing session, I do pull-ups on fingerboard to work on my tendon strength.

Diet: I like to eat a light meal before and after my workout to fuel up for the exercise and for muscle recovery. The meal is mainly carbohydrate-based and topped with protein-rich meat like chicken breast and vegetables. I have a sweet tooth but I believe regular workouts make up for the indulgence.

He is more on the lean scrawny side. 4 hours is too long and cortisol will build up after one hour of workout. Best is to workout less than an hour but do intense training; be it for cardio or weights training. 

He is more on the lean scrawny side. 4 hours is too long and cortisol will build up after one hour of workout. Best is to workout less than an hour but do intense training; be it for cardio or weights training. 

He's just not your cup of tea lol.

His workout is centred around performance,not so much muscle gain.

Edited by SeannyShortcake

Actually 4 hrs for a workout is a bit too long. Unless u r toking like some hiking or cycling which may take 4 hrs or more.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

*blink blink* cortisol is not the sole precusor to muscle atrophy. Muscle building occur over a duration of time, that moment of cortisol (1 hr after workout) would not be that significant. Moreover there are a cascade of events which results in overall muscle growth even a workout beyond an hour. I would personally see it as muscle ATP/glycogen depletion for a 4 hour workout.

*blink blink* cortisol is not the sole precusor to muscle atrophy. Muscle building occur over a duration of time, that moment of cortisol (1 hr after workout) would not be that significant. Moreover there are a cascade of events which results in overall muscle growth even a workout beyond an hour. I would personally see it as muscle ATP/glycogen depletion for a 4 hour workout.

True, but here we are assuming that this person is working out 4 hours on regular basis. There are scientific reviews on cortisol building up if this continue on regular basis. Hence, working out in such a long period if a person wish to grow will be a drawback for him. 

Straits Times - Mind Your Body (28 August 2014)

Mr Ivan Low, 29

2UthyaW.jpg

Height: 1.63m

Weight: 53kg

After completing his national service in 2008, Mr Low picked up running to stay in shape.

To keep motivated, he runs with a group, made up mainly of buddies from various Safra or running clubs.

Mr Low works in the membership and alumni relations department of a private educational institute. A perk that his job offers is being close to training facilities - a running track and a gym.

The bachelor will be taking part in the Safra Singapore Bay Run And Army Half Marathon 2014 on Sunday.

For the first time in 23 years, Operationally ready national servicemen (NSmen) were involved in the event's route planning. A group of 23 participants, including Mr Low, did a trial run along the proposed running route.

They suggested adding a new section along Rhu Cross, a wide road which can accommodate a high volume of runners, and to provide more lighting in the early morning at dim sections of the route.

About 40,000 runners, mainly full-time national servicemen, NSmen and their families, have registered for the event.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Straits Times - Mind Your Body (28 August 2014)Mr Ivan Low, 29ST_20140828_MYB_zps7f7b8bcd.jpg

He has the quality of a top grade bottom. Not heavy, can carry him up to do the 火车便当 style.

He has the quality of a top grade bottom. Not heavy, can carry him up to do the 火车便当 style.

He is a pretty mean top! Can thrust and fuck for very long time! My arse was so sore after the session w him.

Sunday Times Hot Bod (31 August 2014)

Landdis Su, 24
Student

35464225926_4a43b8ac9a_o.jpg

Height: 1.85m

Weight: 88kg

Exercise Regimen: My Exercise are targeted at improving my discus throws. I usually train 4-5 times a week. My regimen consists of Olympic weightlifting and resistance training targeted at core muscles because they are important for my sport. I also perform sprints and jumps. To keep my body flexible and injury-free, I always stretch before and after training.

Diet: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I ensure that I load up with carbohydrates. I am on a high-protein diet to maintain my muscle mass. This includes chicken, beef and fish. I try to stay away from junk food but indulge once in a while.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Sunday Times Hot Bod (31 August 2014)

Landdis Su, 24

Student

ST_20140831_zps3c72528d.jpg

Height: 1.85m

Weight: 88kg

Exercise Regimen: My Exercise are targeted at improving my discus throws. I usually train 4-5 times a week. My regimen consists of Olympic weightlifting and resistance training targeted at core muscles because they are important for my sport. I also perform sprints and jumps. To keep my body flexible and injury-free, I always stretch before and after training.

Diet: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I ensure that I load up with carbohydrates. I am on a high-protein diet to maintain my muscle mass. This includes chicken, beef and fish. I try to stay away from junk food but indulge once in a while.

Solid bod with high quality muscles

True, but here we are assuming that this person is working out 4 hours on regular basis. There are scientific reviews on cortisol building up if this continue on regular basis. Hence, working out in such a long period if a person wish to grow will be a drawback for him. 

I did not say that cortisol won't build up, i'm just saying that cortisol is not the sole precursor for muscle protein synthesis.

I did not say that cortisol won't build up, i'm just saying that cortisol is not the sole precursor for muscle protein synthesis.

I believe you mean muscle breakdown, because protein synthesis develops and grows muscle. So, in this context, what are other possible causes of muscle breakdown other than cortisol? Perhaps we can share more on this platform.

Sunday Times Hot Bod (7 September 2014)

Lee Le Jian, 25

Student

35373747781_5397700544_o.jpg

Height: 1.7m

Weight: 65kg

Exercise Regimen: I go to the gym four times a week and spend at least two hours lifting weights. I focus on strength and muscle endurance training. I follow an exercise principle known as form, speed and weight. Form means the correct way of doing an exercise. Speed is one of moderation and weight is the maximum I can lift without compromising form, and thereby injuring myself. I usually do four sets of 8 to 10 repetitions per set.

Diet: I always go for the most natural form of nutrients such as eggs, chicken, nuts, vegetables and fruits. I always make sure my meals are balanced. During weekends, I indulge in fried food, desserts and some chocolate.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Straits Times - Mind Your Body (28 August 2014)

Mr Ivan Low, 29

ST_20140828_MYB_zps7f7b8bcd.jpg

Height: 1.63m

Weight: 53kg

After completing his national service in 2008, Mr Low picked up running to stay in shape.

To keep motivated, he runs with a group, made up mainly of buddies from various Safra or running clubs.

Mr Low works in the membership and alumni relations department of a private educational institute. A perk that his job offers is being close to training facilities - a running track and a gym.

The bachelor will be taking part in the Safra Singapore Bay Run And Army Half Marathon 2014 on Sunday.

For the first time in 23 years, Operationally ready national servicemen (NSmen) were involved in the event's route planning. A group of 23 participants, including Mr Low, did a trial run along the proposed running route.

They suggested adding a new section along Rhu Cross, a wide road which can accommodate a high volume of runners, and to provide more lighting in the early morning at dim sections of the route.

About 40,000 runners, mainly full-time national servicemen, NSmen and their families, have registered for the event.

This is motivating for another 1.63 guy like me  :clap:

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all"

No problem eh, lean n mean. :)

I believe you mean muscle breakdown, because protein synthesis develops and grows muscle. So, in this context, what are other possible causes of muscle breakdown other than cortisol? Perhaps we can share more on this platform.

Yes, apologies for the typo as well as the late response (i don't come here very often). It should be muscle breakdown. Sometimes we cannot put it clear cut of muscle breakdown or muscle synthesis. Just because we see growth, it does not fully represent 100% synthesis. The reason why we see growth is because the synthesis outweighs the breakdown. At the same time when we see breakdown, it doesn't mean that muscle is literally breakdown, it could also mean the blunting or reduction in muscle protein synthesis. I believe many instance when people relates to muscle growth, they will always look at it from hormonal level. That is pretty common in the industry. More often then not, nobody ask why do we see what is happening at hormonal level. You asked me what are the possible causes apart from cortisol, and my answer is that there are many. One of which, which was studied is Tumor necrosis Factor(TNF)-alpha, which has been shown to demonstrate association with catabolic pathology. In fact there are many other stuff which are in play, but i do urge you to read far and wide and beyond the level of cortisol. The body is complex, it is not possible for one component to hold full responsibility of what is happening and observed at large scale. 

Just fyi in case you would like the reference which i quote to give you the answer: http://ajpregu.physiology.org/content/279/4/R1165

Edited by xydboy

Yes, apologies for the typo as well as the late response (i don't come here very often). It should be muscle breakdown. Sometimes we cannot put it clear cut of muscle breakdown or muscle synthesis. Just because we see growth, it does not fully represent 100% synthesis. The reason why we see growth is because the synthesis outweighs the breakdown. At the same time when we see breakdown, it doesn't mean that muscle is literally breakdown, it could also mean the blunting or reduction in muscle protein synthesis. I believe many instance when people relates to muscle growth, they will always look at it from hormonal level. That is pretty common in the industry. More often then not, nobody ask why do we see what is happening at hormonal level. You asked me what are the possible causes apart from cortisol, and my answer is that there are many. One of which, which was studied is Tumor necrosis Factor(TNF)-alpha, which has been shown to demonstrate association with catabolic pathology. In fact there are many other stuff which are in play, but i do urge you to read far and wide and beyond the level of cortisol. The body is complex, it is not possible for one component to hold full responsibility of what is happening and observed at large scale.

Just fyi in case you would like the reference which i quote to give you the answer: http://ajpregu.physiology.org/content/279/4/R1165

Wow... I need to brush up on my biology first...

I wonder if people who gym and for their desired bods are all biology experts.

aiya gym means gym....dont think so much about the science ley.

as long as u go to gym regularly, anyhow pull and push some weights, u will see result.

Really so easy meh?!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Sunday Times Hot Bod (14 September 2014)

Benjamin Tan, 25
Events executive

35373747871_a0694fc728_o.jpg

Height: 1.79m

Weight: 71kg

Exercise Regimen: I try to go to the gym 3-4 times a week, with each session lasting about an hour. I start off with a 10-minute cardio workout on the treadmill and work on my different muscle groups on various days. This involves the legs and the back, chest and triceps, and shoulders and core, and consists mostly of resistance training.

Diet: I consume one protein shake every morning to maintain my physique, and have an apple while on the way to work. I usually have hawker food for lunch, which is mostly protein-based. On days when I do not exercise at night, I have fish soup or a salad wrap, otherwise I will eat a normal dinner of rice and side dishes. I also try to keep my sugar intake low during meals.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

In today's Sunday Times as well - water polo player Paul Tan (30) with his coach Yu Lei (43).

35504531255_b57f37ddd3_o.jpg

35504531265_2ca66eeb31_o.jpg

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Noel Ong, 24

Student

ST_20140824_zps1591f127.jpg

omg is this guy like some african orphan? somebody get him some food!!!!

Sunday Times Hot Bod (21 September 2014)

Edric Timothy Lim, 28
Sports Programme consultant

35373747971_86fb48278e_o.jpg

Height: 1.88m

Weight: 89kg

Exercise Regimen: I visit the gym five to six times a week for about 60 to 90 minutes. I believe in high-intensity training as I do not do much cardio. I keep my rest time between 45 and 60 seconds. I believe that functionality should be key and that exercises should improve strength, flexibility and range of movement. This will be of more use in daily activities as well.

Diet: I usually pack my meals during weekdays and have one or two cheat meals during weekends. I go for less carbs and more protein, except the cheat meals.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Sunday Times Hot Bod (28 September 2014)

Muhammad Khairi Abdullah, 23
SCDF firefighter

35373748051_7ea960a770_o.jpg

Height: 1.77m

Weight: 73kg

Exercise Regimen: I start my mornings with cardio exercises by running up and down the stairs for about 15 minutes. And I hit the gym about five times a week doing strengthening exercises with weights for about one to two hours per session. On top of that, I go for 3km night runs about twice a week.

Diet: I avoid junk food, take lots of greens, fruits and oats. I abstain from fatty foods as well and get protein from chicken breast and salmon. I never take soft drinks and always go for water instead.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

Also in today's Sunday Times, Lifestyle - "Sibling power" (28 September 2014)

35374027951_d971d4e8de_o.jpg

Mok Ying Rong, on not being stressed out over the achievements of her brother Ying Ren (both above), which include winning a gold medal for the marathon event at last December's South-east Asian Games. She won the women's 21km Sundown half-marathon in June.

Edited by sphere
New image hosting site

• sphere changed the title to Hot/Cute Guys Reactivated (images ONLY) + Yahoo's #Fitspo series - TikTok & Twitter are not allowed! (Please read the first post for instructions)
  • Bern featured this topic