Male HQ

Runners Den

Guest Sport-coholic
8 minutes ago, JYAG-sim said:

Well, you win some, you lose some. Me thinks a sports jacket is better than a finisher tee? Cheer up buddy!

The sports jacket is only for past participants. Finisher tee for a 5k/10k run? :huh:

sean_sean, wanted to do the 50 hours nonstop run but the thought of going round and round and round Bedok Reservoir kinda made me think twice, cos I prefer to run from point A to point B, or perhaps run around a bigger circuit. How was the experience like? Do share. :)

Almost signed up for yesterday's Garang Warrior as well. Was *this* close to signing up when I looked at my schedule and noticed I had RSVPed for a friend's wedding. So couldnt go. Next year then.

This mth, will be doing the ST run and the Sundown 42km. Yay!

Did my 35km long run ystrdy, ran from home near Kallang, through the Southern Ridges, around NUS, and down South Buona Vista. The slopes made the route pretty difficult. U guys should try. :)

On 2 May 2016 at 10:16 AM, PaterTenebrarum said:

sean_sean, wanted to do the 50 hours nonstop run but the thought of going round and round and round Bedok Reservoir kinda made me think twice, cos I prefer to run from point A to point B, or perhaps run around a bigger circuit. How was the experience like? Do share. :)

Almost signed up for yesterday's Garang Warrior as well. Was *this* close to signing up when I looked at my schedule and noticed I had RSVPed for a friend's wedding. So couldnt go. Next year then.

This mth, will be doing the ST run and the Sundown 42km. Yay!

Did my 35km long run ystrdy, ran from home near Kallang, through the Southern Ridges, around NUS, and down South Buona Vista. The slopes made the route pretty difficult. U guys should try. :)

The he weather was freaking hot from morning until around 3pm. Luckily a short period rain swept the heat away. The weather afterwards was cooling and nice to run. Tbh this was the first time I run at Bedok reservoir. That's why idm running around the same circuit. As a medal hunter, this race is indeed attractive :)

A man who stays in a cave.

8 hours ago, sean_sean said:

The he weather was freaking hot from morning until around 3pm. Luckily a short period rain swept the heat away. The weather afterwards was cooling and nice to run. Tbh this was the first time I run at Bedok reservoir. That's why idm running around the same circuit. As a medal hunter, this race is indeed attractive :)

Yea indeed, weather was really good in the late afternoon on the first day
Weather on the second day was terrible though 
Freaking hot and hardly any clouds 
Anyone who's looking to join this 50 hours run the next time, advisable to apply sunscreen lotion
The trees there are not sufficient to provide enough shade in some areas:)

Guest Sport-coholic
7 hours ago, jocker said:

always shower there every year…is a motivation to run fast back

Are you sure? There wasn't one last year. Where did you shower? :P

Guest Sport-coholic
12 hours ago, sks1001 said:

Dunno.... I am curious too...

I don't think runners will take the effort to shower there lah. Probably, a quick rinse, wipe dry, change of fresh clothes and off they go.

Sundown was fun!

Ran the full 42km. However, I dont understand why many walkers often fail to keep to the left to allow runners to pass. Said "excuse me" MANY times as some walkers chose to chat, take selfies, hold hands..in the middle of the path! Fucking keep to the left! Haizz.

It was very irritating. It is perfectly fine to walk but some did so in the middle of the path or on the right side, blocking runners.

Had several near misses. 

This cld have been avoided if walkers flagged off according to their timing instead of rushing to the front with faster dudes and depriving other faster dudes from being flagged off earlier. 

Anyway..rant over! Haha! To the guys who did Sundown...well done! :)

Edited by PaterTenebrarum

7 hours ago, PaterTenebrarum said:

Sundown was fun!

Ran the full 42km. However, I dont understand why many walkers often fail to keep to the left to allow runners to pass. Said "excuse me" MANY times as some walkers chose to chat, take selfies, hold hands..in the middle of the path! Fucking keep to the left! Haizz.

It was very irritating. It is perfectly fine to walk but some did so in the middle of the path or on the right side, blocking runners.

Had several near misses. 

This cld have been avoided if walkers flagged off according to their timing instead of rushing to the front with faster dudes and depriving other faster dudes from being flagged off earlier. 

Anyway..rant over! Haha! To the guys who did Sundown...well done! :)

Not only in full marathon, even in other distance categories. Not only in Sundown Marathon, even in other running events. Not only in running events, even in parks. There are people who don't care even if there are other people around them.

15 hours ago, hunkchaser said:

Not only in full marathon, even in other distance categories. Not only in Sundown Marathon, even in other running events. Not only in running events, even in parks. There are people who don't care even if there are other people around them.

ya man. road hoggers. :/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, MikeC said:

Hi, new to taking part in running races.

I just started running 10 km once a week at east coast.  Would like to sustain and maybe progress to longer distances by next year (taking it slow as I want my shin and knee to slowly adapt).

Any recommendations for 10 km runs to participate in for rest of year?

Also, as I was reading this thread - just wondering if many participants walk-run HM.  I just thought that I would only take part in HM when I am able to run non stop for HM but concerned it is not good for my knees. Although my neighbor said if correct gait, should have no problem.

There is still the YOLO run which is 10 km n also the Safra run 

14 hours ago, MikeC said:

Hi, new to taking part in running races.

I just started running 10 km once a week at east coast.  Would like to sustain and maybe progress to longer distances by next year (taking it slow as I want my shin and knee to slowly adapt).

Any recommendations for 10 km runs to participate in for rest of year?

Also, as I was reading this thread - just wondering if many participants walk-run HM.  I just thought that I would only take part in HM when I am able to run non stop for HM but concerned it is not good for my knees. Although my neighbor said if correct gait, should have no problem.

U may browse justrunlah running calendar. Lots running events await for u ;)

A man who stays in a cave.