Male HQ

Taiwan - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)

jazz

On 09/03/2017 at 3:11 PM, Guest Poke Dot said:

I remember somewhere near the red house, got a shop sells ba chang served in a gravy.

Yes, I found the ba chang, it's fantastic! Best bachang ever! The shop is called Wang Ji Rice Dumplings...attaching photos here cuz it's a must-try, so delicious... The fishball soup and bowl rice cake are also unique and flavourful. Really enjoyed this shop.

Sorry if this thread suddenly looks like BW's Imperial Kitchen thread ^_^

tp1.jpg

tp2.jpg

tp3.jpg

21 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Yes, I found the ba chang, it's fantastic! Best bachang ever! The shop is called Wang Ji Rice Dumplings...attaching photos here cuz it's a must-try, so delicious... The fishball soup and bowl rice cake are also unique and flavourful. Really enjoyed this shop.

Sorry if this thread suddenly looks like BW's Imperial Kitchen thread ^_^

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes, really delicious... bought some back the last time.

On 09/03/2017 at 3:11 PM, Guest Poke Dot said:

If got time take a bus to Yehliu Geopark.

That was a great recommendation, tks. Enjoyed the unusual stone formations and the lovely seabreeze - wonderful escapade from the urban buildup. For those looking to explore more of Taipei, here's a panoramic view of Yeliu Geopark:

yeliu.jpg

Guest Poke Dot
On 13/04/2017 at 10:17 PM, Cube3 said:

That was a great recommendation, tks. Enjoyed the unusual stone formations and the lovely seabreeze - wonderful escapade from the urban buildup. For those looking to explore more of Taipei, here's a panoramic view of Yeliu Geopark:

I miss the food and snacks from the night markets - fried milk, fried chicken etc. My last trip there included days to Alishan, Sun Moon Lake, and back to Yang Ming Shan. Planning to hit Hualian side some time... soon i hope.

41 minutes ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

I miss the food and snacks from the night markets - fried milk, fried chicken etc. My last trip there included days to Alishan, Sun Moon Lake, and back to Yang Ming Shan. Planning to hit Hualian side some time... soon i hope.

Toroko Gorge near Hualian is a must. After all the different sights over the years, nothing still beats the majesty and grandeur of Toroko. - And...what is fried milk? Saw the 'penis' pastry, the mee sua etc. but, fried milk?

Guest guest tw
11 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Toroko Gorge near Hualian is a must. After all the different sights over the years, nothing still beats the majesty and grandeur of Toroko. - And...what is fried milk? Saw the 'penis' pastry, the mee sua etc. but, fried milk?

blogger-image-643070210.jpg

but nothing beats Hualien's 炸彈蔥油餅

Guest Poke Dot
13 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Yeah, definitely will wanna head to the gorge.

Deep Fried Milk

Crunchy crispy outside and delicious sweet ooey gooey milky inside. It wasn't that common, only saw it at some of the night markets, probably @ Shilin or Raohe.

Depends on the length of your holidays and the budget involved, you can definitely start from Taipei and travel around the island by long distance buses and trains.  I did a 2-weeks solo trip last October and travel through Taipei-Jiaoxi-Yilan-Hua Lian-Tai Tung-Kao Hsiung and back to Taipei for the remaining 2 days.  

To maximise your time and stretch your money, take the train and long distance buses and find places to stay near the subway or train station.  I am not ashamed to stay that I stayed at youth hostels most of the time.  There are several clean and inexpensive hostel in the vicinity between Xi Men Ding and Taipei Main Station.  Just check through the Agoda/Trivago/Booking websites for good deals.

3 hours ago, abang said:

Depends on the length of your holidays and the budget involved, you can definitely start from Taipei and travel around the island by long distance buses and trains.  I did a 2-weeks solo trip last October and travel through Taipei-Jiaoxi-Yilan-Hua Lian-Tai Tung-Kao Hsiung and back to Taipei for the remaining 2 days.  

To maximise your time and stretch your money, take the train and long distance buses and find places to stay near the subway or train station.  I am not ashamed to stay that I stayed at youth hostels most of the time.  There are several clean and inexpensive hostel in the vicinity between Xi Men Ding and Taipei Main Station.  Just check through the Agoda/Trivago/Booking websites for good deals.

thanks for the tips!!

On 18/02/2017 at 5:09 PM, Guest tj85 said:

anyone know what happened to Rainbow Sauna? went there last month but it was closed and sign out the front in Chinese only, which I can't read

www.facebook.com/pg/Soi13in/about/

Rainbow Sauna closed in December 2016 and opened at a brand new purpose build sauna under the name "Soi 13in" Address is No 13, Sec 1, Minshend East Road, Zhongshan District Phone 0225236270

1. Every 16 hours entry NT$500. 10 entries for NT$3,500 (there's another special for a 20 visit card). ( I think the sign says you can go out for 4 hours - but not sure how that works)
2. Specials: Monday to Sunday offer period 12:00am ~ 01: 00am & 18:30pm ~ Pm19: 30 Admission fee of NT$200  (stay 8 hours, can not go out) offer period is limited to Republic of China ID Card.

From the photos it looks like they installed a serious water management system with large holding tanks outside.

soi2.jpg

soi.jpg

soi3.jpg

soi4.jpg

soi7.jpg

soi6.jpg

soi5.jpg

On 30 March 2017 at 2:17 AM, quanjishou said:

may i know if dada left royal?

i never been to taiwan but planning to go this year.

after reading earlier post seem like a lot of ppl like dada but when i go to the royal site cannot find his name there

He mentioned that he wished to go on a work holiday this year when I engaged him last year. 

On 22/04/2017 at 0:11 AM, Guest baba said:

He mentioned that he wished to go on a work holiday this year when I engaged him last year. 

Any idea what type of work holiday he is engaging? Really like to keep in touch with him as a friend.

Guest Cute Exec

Will be going to Taipei in May for 4 days 3 nights with bf first time. Do not know which location in Taipei is good for Travelling.  Can any one please recommend me an affordable hotel with good location and easy accessible. Thanks.

Guest Cute Exec
11 hours ago, Cirac said:

Ximending is an ideal starting point - close to most amenities and popular tourist spots. Any hotels in that area is pretty decent in price too.

Thanks for the helpful tips. But any specific hotel in Ximending? Better to be gay friendly and allow 2 guys in a quuen size bed room?

There are a few options through gay resources online - but what I've gathered is the hotels in ximending are generally quite gay friendly. You won't have any issues with most hotels - but for what it's worth, the popular hotels include InHouse, SWIIO and Won Star. 

BTW I'll be in Taipei 10-14th June - anyone visiting then too?

Edited by Cirac

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been a lurker on here for quite a while, but thought I’d share my trip experience to Taiwan last week. (FYI, I’m a white, very chubby bear ~40 years old who used to live in Taiwan that can only speak basic Mandarin, so your mileage may vary.)

I started off with a massage at YF-spa, as this was closer to my hotel than the ones in Ximen.  I also wanted to experience a B2B massage.  I used Line to arrange the massage with the shop - was incredibly convenient process and the provided directions on how to get there were good.  The shop was not as nice as Royal Spa (which I visited last year) - a little more grungy and not as nice facilities in general - but still not bad.  I selected Vic.  He was very friendly (much more friendly than he looks in his pics) and he spoke a bit of English.  I did the 90 minute Motion massage ($2600 NT).  I think the overall massage aspect was not quite as good as what I had with the masseuse at Royal, but still quite satisfactory - a treat after a 12 hour flight.  There was also not an extended break like I had had at Royal.  The warm oil was great and I definitely enjoyed the B2B aspect.  I think I was his 4th customer of the day, but Vic really did a good job.  I’d go back again.

I went to Emperor (皇池) hot springs late Saturday evening.  Lots of Taiwan bears - and very few covering themselves - you can leave your towel in your locker (I think it was two $10 NT coins to rent locker).  Very nice eye candy for those into bear.  Also a number of non-bears to feast the eyes on, too.  From what my Taiwan friends reported and has been discussed here previously, the gay non-bears are largely at Huang Ding (I didn’t make it there on this trip). But as mentioned previously in the forum, Emperor is a ‘just looking’ hot spring.  Even though it was night time, there were several children there.  Late late night, things may be different - but still it’s not an exclusively gay place.  Note that over the last several years, it seems that several of the separate hot springs on the same road are now merged under the Emperor hot spring name - I went to the original - I believe it’s referred to as number 1.

Later Saturday night, I went to try out the new Soi 13 in.  I got there a bit before midnight and saw the sign - for locals, between 12:00-1:00 AM, the price is less than half ($200 NT as opposed to what I paid of $500).  It definitely seemed to cause a spike of people to arrive then.  The facilities were quite nice - a huge improvement over the old Rainbow in Ximen.  And wow, if you’re into twinks, it’s a great place.  The clothing policy was nude - so they just give you little towels.  Most guys used one to hold over their crotch.  There’s a sizable steamroom and a couple of pools to soak in, in total slightly smaller than the old Rainbow I think.  On the lowest level, besides hallways of private rooms, there is one large dark room for play.  However, as is typical of what I’ve seen in Taiwan in the past, most people were pretty shy and not doing things until later at night.  At around 2:00, it was incredible - so many guys in there (more than 30 I’d guess).  Luckily, there was one guy that was attracted to chubs and we were able to get together.  He had been disappointed at the lack of chubs/bears there but had come for the first time just to see what was there since it was relatively cheap.  It sounds like Aniki will have some tough competition.  I believe Aniki would have cost me and my new Taiwan friend $1,000 NT each to go in.  For Soi 13 in, I paid $500 and he only paid $200.  In the past, with the facilities not even comparable, Aniki was an easier choice (albeit still expensive).  With the newness of Soi 13 in and the deep discount to locals, I’d be surprised that Aniki will keep many local TW customers without doing some significant discounts.  Of course there is a gym there and I think facilities are nicer overall and have electronic system is pretty cool.  Will be interesting to see how things go over time.

Some downsides of 13: there weren’t that many rooms and people often would end up overnighting there and taking up a room.  So after 3:00 AM, it’s hard to find a room to have some fun in.  Also, towel was quite small to dry off with.  And for bears/chubs (or people into that group), it’s not an ideal place.

Monday night, I went to I/O.  It’s advertised as a hattenba - no hot tubs, but did have a steamroll (though it was not operating when I was there).  Overall, was not as old as Han’s in Ximen and seemed much cleaner.  I got there pretty late in the evening - around 10:30 PM.  There were only 5 customers there besides myself - 4 were already paired off and 1 was sleeping.  By 11:30, I was the only person in the place.  While the place stayed open until 2:00 AM, the front desk clerk said he doubted that anyone else would come.  From what I heard, on the weekend nights this can be busy place - and is popular with bears and those who like bears.  So I ended up walking 15 minutes to Soi 13.  It was more crowded than I expected for a late Monday night, but still not a bear friendly crowd. Again, was nude dress code - so was awesome to watch really sexy twinkish guys walking around just with little towels in front of them - some hot tight ends.  Again, as experienced Saturday night, the later the night got, the harder to find a room.  By 3:30 or so, people were starting to sleep in the common dark room since there were no rooms left.  So perhaps not an ideal place to plan on overnighting.  

But of course Taiwan has such awesome food and kind people - was a wonderful trip.  It’s been almost a week since I got back to US, but I’m already missing Taiwan.

On 5/9/2017 at 6:58 AM, DanielDeclan said:

I will be Travelling to Taiwan next month... Wanted to experience the hot spring... can anyone recommend a gay friendly hot spring bathhouse?

Closest to Taipei, I believe there are two main hot springs that are frequented by gays:

Huang Ding (皇鼎) - lots of gays - though in theory not all gay (though I cannot imagine straight guys going there by choice).

Emperor (皇池) - more for bears and their admirers.  Mixed crowd of gay and straight but seems mostly gay.  Depending on when you are there, often times there are children in the public baths.  So more of a 'look, but don't touch' sort of place.

On 4/17/2017 at 10:31 AM, Smiles said:

In Taiwan sauna, where do you wear your locker keys to indicate your role (top, btm or vers)? Is there a difference of wearing the locker keys in other countries?

In talking with some Taiwan friends at Soi 13 in recently, it doesn't sound like it's as universally used as in Tokyo.  And one friend said bottom was on right wrist, while in Tokyo, right wrist signifies tops (at least at a couple places I was at in Tokyo earlier this year).

On 5/16/2017 at 3:59 AM, C172 said:

Closest to Taipei, I believe there are two main hot springs that are frequented by gays:

Huang Ding (皇鼎) - lots of gays - though in theory not all gay (though I cannot imagine straight guys going there by choice).

Emperor (皇池) - more for bears and their admirers.  Mixed crowd of gay and straight but seems mostly gay.  Depending on when you are there, often times there are children in the public baths.  So more of a 'look, but don't touch' sort of place.

Just back from Taipei, went to Huang Ding. Liked the experience, met some nice guys.

There is also another one nearby called Chuan Tang, it has an attached macrobiotic restaurant. Actually Huang Ding also has a restaurant, so I think the concept is steam and relax, and then follow with dinner/supper. (Although this is not compulsory lah)

Between the two, I find Huang Ding more conducive for us gay guys. Chuan Tang is smaller in general, and it has kids almost everytime I was there, with straight fathers and ah gongs. So the only place to really get some action is the super cramped steam room. It is literally a shed, and I think even then, some of the straight guys might be in there as well, so it is a bit risky.

On 5/9/2017 at 9:58 PM, DanielDeclan said:

I will be Travelling to Taiwan next month... Wanted to experience the hot spring... can anyone recommend a gay friendly hot spring bathhouse?

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 18/05/2017 at 2:55 PM, tomcat said:

Just back from Taipei, went to Huang Ding. Liked the experience, met some nice guys.

There is also another one nearby called Chuan Tang, it has an attached macrobiotic restaurant. Actually Huang Ding also has a restaurant, so I think the concept is steam and relax, and then follow with dinner/supper. (Although this is not compulsory lah)

Between the two, I find Huang Ding more conducive for us gay guys. Chuan Tang is smaller in general, and it has kids almost everytime I was there, with straight fathers and ah gongs. So the only place to really get some action is the super cramped steam room. It is literally a shed, and I think even then, some of the straight guys might be in there as well, so it is a bit risky.

Been to Huang ding twice. It's like a gay sauna. In the steam room, there's fondling, hand job and blow job. Some carry the action out of the steam room, either in front of the massage rooms or at the resting corner. 

On 5/21/2017 at 11:03 PM, Lust123 said:

Been to Huang ding twice. It's like a gay sauna. In the steam room, there's fondling, hand job and blow job. Some carry the action out of the steam room, either in front of the massage rooms or at the resting corner. 

i didnt realise this until i went with my friend. he was telling me that the steam in the steamroom in huang ding seemed to have some aphrodisiac added to make you feel horny

19 hours ago, wintersnow said:

i didnt realise this until i went with my friend. he was telling me that the steam in the steamroom in huang ding seemed to have some aphrodisiac added to make you feel horny

so did u feel much horny in there?

maybe its the sexual atmosphere in there

On 3/13/2017 at 11:19 PM, pipi said:

Think of going to Taipei Pride this year. It's on the last sat of Oct. Anyone keen?

Just check Tiger Air for flights to Taipei.  Round trip ticket is about SGD 220 (including taxes and admin fee).

Anyone going... can choose to stay at either hotels or hostels...cheaper if twin sharing room.

PM if you are interested to go..we can probably form a small group of visitors for this parade and probably, if time permits do a little sight seeing in the eastern part of the island.

一年一度的朝圣又来了!

有人(老饼也行)要参加今年的台北同志游行活动吗?

我看过虎航的机票。。现在去taipei要新币220.。

有兴趣者,可邮电我。

住旅店或青旅都行。。

除了红楼, 101, 象山, 皇池等等台北(同志)旅游区, 我们也可以去东部玩-礁溪,宜兰(夜市加温川),花莲(太鲁阁)。。看海,看山,看日出。。慢活。。。

Guest Cute Exec

Recently came back from my first Taipei trip with my bf. Wow so many eye candies in Taipei. 80% look so fit, tall and like model. So good to live in Taipei. Good foods, polite people, clean streets and best many eye candies :D 

Living expenses in Taipei about the same in Singapore :( 

The Red House quite good. So crowded in weekend. Many gays.

Guest Cheh
On 5/26/2017 at 11:42 AM, abang said:

Just check Tiger Air for flights to Taipei.  Round trip ticket is about SGD 220 (including taxes and admin fee).

Anyone going... can choose to stay at either hotels or hostels...cheaper if twin sharing room.

PM if you are interested to go..we can probably form a small group of visitors for this parade and probably, if time permits do a little sight seeing in the eastern part of the island.

一年一度的朝圣又来了!

有人(老饼也行)要参加今年的台北同志游行活动吗?

我看过虎航的机票。。现在去taipei要新币220.。

有兴趣者,可邮电我。

住旅店或青旅都行。。

除了红楼, 101, 象山, 皇池等等台北(同志)旅游区, 我们也可以去东部玩-礁溪,宜兰(夜市加温川),花莲(太鲁阁)。。看海,看山,看日出。。慢活。。。

Ehhh Potato SPG why you go Asian country ?? Why you no go AMDK country ??

you no shame ahhh 

Why are there guests who like to pick up (verbal) fights?

My preference for AMDK has nothing to do with my impending participation at the Taipei Gay Pride.

Please don;t bother to infuriate me nor flame me for my preference.

One more thing: Although this is cyber world, please use proper English that you were taught in school.

Using Singlish slangs only pigeonholed yourself to minions-standard...

Guest taiwan pride 86
On 2016-11-7 at 10:49 PM, Guest my Taiwan Holiday said:

though of going taiwan pride this oct . think if i just go 27 to 29 oct or 27 to 30 oct... issit worth my trip ?

On 5/23/2017 at 1:21 AM, wintersnow said:

On 5/23/2017 at 8:28 PM, XgymX said:

so did u feel much horny in there?

maybe its the sexual atmosphere in there

Hmm, I was inside. It did feel less hot than other steam saunas I've been in. And it was also not pitch dark, just dim. The door is also just a normal sliding door that opens to a small outdoor sitting area, with natural light.

So I think the shapes in the steamroom and overall atmosphere makes it quite stimulating. I did not smell any weird thing while inside and I don't think the operators want to spend extra money, or risk someone having a reaction to a substance aphrodisiac they are adding.

The whole establishment also has a women's section, upstairs restaurant and outdoor cabins for karaoke/steamboat , so it's not a gay focused business that will need to cater things like aphrodisiacs to its customers. I don't think it is nice to spread half-truths.

Keep in mind, there is also open touching and massaging between some regulars who knew each other. So, in general there is more open activity that in Chuan Tang or Emperor. We were chatted by two or three different guys, and they all said that often the foreigners would come and be easily singled out because they treat Huang Ding just as a sex place. He also said, some of them act inappropriately and have to be taken out. 

In actual reality, it is a kind of safe place for single gay, or married closet men. So to all who come to this place, (or any other place you are visiting) please be mindful of the local cultures and don't just think about being horny and naughty. We might come and go, but these hidden spots are very important to the local community as a place of refuge or safe haven. 

Taiwanese are so polite and tactful, they won't say it but basically, don't mess it up for them please. Thank you.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.