Male HQ

Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)

715 chest is really quite interesting looking. They are so properly defined. Almost mannequin like. To each his own la. Its all in the package.

I had never see 715 topless picture.

Can u post a sample so that I get a better picture how interesting is his chest.

Thanks

Anyway, recently 715 quite popular .

Maybe he had happy ending with mediacorp high post people

That's why can get so much attention and get to act in many show.

I had a friend that is a model. He told me that in order to get publicity and contract for work.

Sometimes need to let these high post people makan tou fu then will get the job.

Else no matter how handsome you are also no use. Media and modelling industry is like dat one leh x

Edited by ixmog

I had never see 715 topless picture.

Can u post a sample so that I get a better picture how interesting is his chest.

Thanks

Anyway, recently 715 quite popular .

Maybe he had happy ending with mediacorp high post people

That's why can get so much attention and get to act in many show.

I had a friend that is a model. He told me that in order to get publicity and contract for work.

Sometimes need to let these high post people makan tou fu then will get the job.

Else no matter how handsome you are also no use. Media and modelling industry is like dat one leh x

The high post person is from Raintree & a very charming one too! That's why 715's getting so many movie roles & special treatment to 'focus' on movies. Lucky guy, this 715...

There is another hunk in the show- Dai Yang Tian who I think is many times more handsome that 715. How come nobody is mentioning him here? The girls are crazy about him.

like it or not, with the last episodes showing tonight (2 episodes finale, following HK TVB style to have 2 episodes as finale?) Little Nonya will be the biggest winner in terms of Star Awards performance and viewership.

At least half of my colleagues have said they will rush home (or by now, they had already rushed home) to watch...

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Guest 无眼看下去

无眼看!finale last 2 episode shown 1 hour already, but still so dragy......

雷声大, 雨点小! 越看越烂...... too much publicity, let us have too much expection, finally too disappointed !

Guest -snowball-

you guys keep complain & complain yet keep follow the series till final, i never watch TCS series for almost 10 years, i rather sleep, coffee with frds or read, go gym or watch SCV etc, you all can man

Just watched the final ep of this popular drama, like million others I suppose. Lol. I can understand the appeal of this series- well-made, full of dramas (lots of rapes and injustice) and cleverly incorporating Peranacan culture and food as parts of its captivating drama.

I did manage to catch some eps and I must say that the best performance in the series comes from Pang Ling Ling. :thumb: She captures the pathos and rage of that nonyan woman perfectly. It is the best performance of her career.

Jeneatte is fine. Joanne Peh is prettier and better. And the rest of the cast are strong. Especially all the villains! And why, why do these villains die so easily in the show while the good guys like Joanne suffer like mad for eternity? The scripwriter is a sadist.

Edited by erection day

Just watched the final ep of this popular drama, like million others I suppose. Lol. I can understand the appeal of this series- well-made, full of dramas (lots of rapes and injustice) and cleverly incorporating Peranacan culture and food as parts of its captivating drama.

I did manage to catch some eps and I must say that the best performance in the series comes from Pang Ling Ling. :thumb: She captures the pathos and rage of that nonyan woman perfectly. It is the best performance of her career.

Jeneatte is fine. Joanne Peh is prettier and better. And the rest of the cast are strong. Especially all the villains! And why, why do these villains die so easily in the show while the good guys like Joanne suffer like mad for eternity? The scripwriter is a sadist.

i noticed in sg drama, the bad one will die fast, easily w/o any form of torture like Hk drama...very anti-climax. i still find sg script writers poor in givign good satisfatory ending.

My two cents about Little Nyonya: in short - trying too hard.

After reading so much accolades over the internet about Little Nyonya, I personally find it intriguing that people would actually find a Mediacorp drama serial great. So I watched a few episodes, read the synopsis and this is what I gather:

(1) It's a 'been-there-done-there' script. Evil stepmother, evil stepsisters, someone kena raped, tortured, unrequited love - what's new? Granted that great drama always revolve around these themes, there has got to be a better and fresher way to tell the story.

(2) Lazy script writing. Too many soliloquies. Why can't you tell a story without having someone constantly talking to himself/herself?

(3) Lighting. What's up with the yellow lighting? Did the production team discover Sepia and decided to go OD on it? Producer / Director has little experience on how camera angles should go to make the story convincing. eg. Bad Ass follows Pierre Png to a deserted street where they are at least 6 feet apart. Suddenly they are so damn close to one another when Bad Ass stabs Pierre with knife!

(4) Poor casting. Xiang Yun, Lin Meijiao and Pan Ling Ling look too young for their characters. Felicia Chin's boyfriend (Nat Ho?) is unconvincing as a Hongkonger who grew up in Canada - he speaks like a Singaporean?!

Then again, there's always a silver lining:

(1) The two actresses that played Ah Tao (young/old). Excellent.

(2) Killer theme song written by Chen Jia Ming - saved the day.

(3) The fact that Mediacorp took the effort to do a drama which is closer to our hearts. Let the Hongkongers do their contemporary serials, what the heartlanders miss and want is the old Singapore and Malaysia.

running, cycling and yoga. 

Guest love it hate it

it's so interesting to note all the comments for little nonya. this, in itself, is testament to the interest it generates!

and hey, whether one likes it, hates it, or neutral to it, the fact is that it is the highest rated chinese serial for the last 15 years. and i agree with miles that despite the negatives, there are the positives and my take is that the combination of these probably contribute to the popularity of the show.

my only wish now is that mediacorp will dub it in baba patois too!

apart from adding authenticity to the whole production, the nuances of the baba language will definitely make the show even more intriguing!

:-)

Guest lalala

What I like about the show:

1) bai wei xiu is quite good, especially tonight's episode as a mad woman. Sure win for supporting actress this year.

2) touching theme song, can hear over and over again and still get mesmerised

3) the beautiful costumes and pottery... they add colors to the show... not every time get to see so many nonya stuff... stir quite a bit of interest for me on the nonya culture

4) the delicious looking food... the kueys looked more delicious than those I see at sheng siong... maybe becos of the presentation... and the long table feast like buffet... makes me hungry...

What i don't like about the show

1) the bad guys lack dept and character... villians like charlie zhang and son just seem overly bad or 100% evil... where got people want to kill wife with baby, or allow son to go murder the grandson??? just too fictitious.... should have attempted to show some human side of the bad guys....

2) ending too arupt..... suddenly all the bad guys die and everyone marry and live happily ever after??? How did the son of little nonya grow up? And the half-dozen children of chen xi didn't even make appearance.... a time gap of 30 top 40 years not accounted for at all....as if the production team run out of budget and have to end everything hastily....

Overalll

-- very good show.

Hopefully, we do not have to wait for another 10 years for mediacorp to produce something watchable again...

yes whether you like it or not, it did manage to generate interest and viewership, even for me, whom had only watch 1 full episode, rushed home to watch the finale.

However the ending brough a big big HUH? that's it?

Reading today papers and other online info, the biggest unhappiness was Yuniang was not with Chen Xi. I knew sorrow ending will have more impact, esp the next day the aunties will feel sorry for the couple. Hence mediacorp made it that way. However that kinda defected Yuniang's motto in life, that's not to surrender to destiny.

Personally the best moment was when Xu Mei Zhen appeared in Yuniang's place and asked her to return the money. To me, that's good acting, the tone of voice was mild and yet you can deeply felt the sadness in her. Much better than the rest of the "evil" ladies whose acting were simply grinded their words with eyes wide open.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Much better than the rest of the "evil" ladies whose acting were simply grinded their words with eyes wide open.

If you had grown up with old bibiks and nyonyas who are the "kurang ajar" (insolent, brassy) type, then you will understand that they do grind their words with their eyes wide open like mata kuching (local variety of longan). And if you understand baba patois, their words are sharper than knives and they sear you to the bones. :blink:

"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok"

I agree....

I grow up with nyonyas... people like my grandma, gran-aunt, etc... their gossips and "hints" which they drop onto you can really kill.... So, at times, I felt that they have the skills to usse words to "kill" a person... haha...

The babas on the other hand, people like my grand-uncles, are the quiet ones...

I dunno, but this is what happened in my family...

Guest ImLovingIt
My two cents about Little Nyonya: in short - trying too hard.

Hi miles, its a long time you did not write stories here. Why dun you start writing your story about the "Little BaBa". Remember to add more spices to your story, we like it real hot here. :rolleyes:

I agree....

I grow up with nyonyas... people like my grandma, gran-aunt, etc... their gossips and "hints" which they drop onto you can really kill.... So, at times, I felt that they have the skills to usse words to "kill" a person... haha...

same for my grands... the women were the ones who can kill with their words.

the male elders in my family were the quiet ones.

Guest couchpotato

Agree that the ending was too abrupt, could have expanded to 35 or 40 episodes for a better conclusion like the relationship between Yueniang and Paul, how they raised Yuzhu's son, Chen Xi and Libby, how the evil women suffered their past karma etc.

However, it was through this show that I understand the differences between peranakan, baba and nonya. Used to know some peranakan gays who like to address themselves as nonyas and I thought that the 3 words above were synonimous <_< . Now that I know the meanings, can peranakan gays and lesbians be referred to as banyas and nobas respectively? :D

I agree....

I belive this episode of Little Nyonya brings back memories of those who are living in a typical Cantonese family in the 60's too.

My family and 3 uncles family live under one roof.

FOUR extended families living together with my grandma in a BIG house with 8 rooms.

I grow up in a true blue cantonese family and witnessed how my grandma treats my mum, how my aunties gossips and backstab her.

She just suffer in silent.

HOW my father 'bo-chap" attitude pissed me off...To date...he is still the same. He is pissed off with me now :swear:

Then I was very young and cannot fight back even I know I am angry with all those Bitches.

Looking back, I do admire my mum. A submissive wife and daugther in law.

Believe me folks, there is such thing call "RETRIBUTION".

Two of my aunties loss their sons as years passed. Both died a tragic death.

One aunt jump to her death because of depression.

The other aunt is also having relationship problems with her children.

for those who love the theme song 如燕

here's the lyrics

歌名: 如燕

演唱: Olivia Ong 詞曲: 陳佳明 編曲:Terence Teo

製作人: 陳佳明 出品: 華研國際音樂私人有限公司

愿意合上眼 才能美梦无边

别让悔 熏乌了从前

也许碎片 才能让回忆展颜

何妨瓷花 拼凑明天

谁带我寻获 幸福的模

却自己 谜中困锁

谁为我留下 缱绻的天涯

信物 是抹晚霞

Chorus:

思念如燕 它飞舞舌尖

若是真爱 配尝几分苦甜

意念婆娑 时间里推磨

追随到何处才结果

燕如针线 在青空缝编

几幅女红将以泪缀点

誓言斑驳 情雾只是经过

风雨中且让我 盈步 婀娜

anyone can translate this? or 白化 it?

i really dun understand this line >> 几幅女红将以泪缀点

*when your mind goes out of control*

Guest -hitex-
Agree that the ending was too abrupt, could have expanded to 35 or 40 episodes for a better conclusion like the relationship between Yueniang and Paul, how they raised Yuzhu's son, Chen Xi and Libby, how the evil women suffered their past karma etc

when and if mediacorp have a part 2, probably the above will be included.

Guest chingchong

here's the translation for those asking for it...

歌名: 如燕

演唱: Olivia Ong 詞曲: 陳佳明 編曲:Terence Teo

製作人: 陳佳明 出品: 華研國際音樂私人有限公司

愿意合上眼 才能美梦无边

only when you're willing to close your eyes, then you're able to weave your beautiful dreams

别让悔 熏乌了从前

don't allow hate, to smudge your past

也许碎片 才能让回忆展颜

maybe the broken pieces, can allow the memory to display its colours

何妨瓷花 拼凑明天

what more the porcelain, piece together the puzzle of tomorrow

谁带我寻获 幸福的模

who is the one who brings me to embark on the quest, for the mould of bliss

却自己 谜中困锁

but yet is the one, who is trapped in its own puzzle?

谁为我留下 缱绻的天涯

who is the one who left me, the ends of the world that is attached with tenderness,

信物 是抹晚霞

the keepsake token, being the lightly painted sunset glow?

Chorus:

思念如燕 它飞舞舌尖

Yearning someone is like a swallow, that soars at the tip of the tongue

若是真爱 配尝几分苦甜

if it is true love, will be able to savour both its bitterness and sweetness

意念婆娑 时间里推磨

the will swirls and dances, grinding in the sands of time

追随到何处才结果

where will this chase finally come to fruition

燕如针线 在青空缝编

the swallow is like a needle, threading in the clear sky

几幅女红将以泪缀点

and these few pieces of embroidery, which will be further adorn by tears

誓言斑驳 情雾只是经过

there is a loophole in the everlasting pledge, the fog of love is transient

风雨中且让我 盈步 婀娜

so please allow me to set foot through this life of rainstorm, with steps of finesse and grace

Enjoy :thumb:

=============

minor typo edited by Gachi

• IkuTube changed the title to Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.