Male HQ

Ghosts, Spirits Encounters & Supernatural Haunting Discussion + 7th Lunar Month (Compiled)

biguy

13 hours ago, Guest 7th Month said:

Do you burn joss paper, incense, and other paper form of material items during this ghost month? is it really can be received from the other side?

this is a very basic form of 烟供. they do not receive whatever you burn. it's only the smoke offering from burning these joss paper / incense. so please skip all those TV, iPhone, durian (JUST SAW THIS RECENTLY), iPads, etc. they can't receive anything whatsoever. if burning a paper iPad can create another iPad that they can use over there, then need to burn SIM card, or screen protector anot? or base stations? cannot right..

+65 9090 four four nine six (WA), fourthandthird (Line)

Tiong Bahru market vicinity

$80 / hr - tui na + minor fixing + bone setting (if necessary)

$35 (approx 15 mins + -) - 抓根 Zhua Gen ($5 bundling discount applies when not done stand-alone)

$50 flat rate - treatment of lower back / disc herniation issues. Add $10 for additional area.
Gua sha - $15

$36 bonesetting-and-go (5 - 10 mins)

Daily 10am to 10pm last appt but please text in advance. Special early / ultra late appts are possible, just book in advance.

Please keep your mask on 😃

Guest Guest
11 hours ago, Guest Cyrius Lee said:

Open your eyes, ears and everything before buying a house. Just do not buy a flat because it is sold at a discount. Buying a house in Singapore is a very big deal as it is expensive and loan repayment will go until our age 40s. My friend learnt it the hard way so just sharing her story for those buying HDB flat.

This is my friend story thus just sharing only for us to be careful when buying a house. Below is my friend's point of view's story to prevent any misunderstanding.

I still remember when my office phone rang, my husband was on the line saying that he spotted a good HDB 4 Room house deal at Jurong west street 81 blk 840. I am not going to reveal the floor number to prevent scaring the people living the floor in that particular street.

So, we arranged a viewing with the agent and bought it on the spot!A little bit of history I am going to mention so that if you came across similar case do consider carefully. When we viewed the flat, we found that it was renovated extensively, and we were told that the owner only stayed for a short while and moved out.
As the owner had bought the flats from HDB direct, they cannot sell the flat yet (5 years rule), so they moved out to a rented flat and later rented a shop unit.

I came to know from research online and other families nearby that Jurong West was previously a cemetery like lim chu kang cemetery (which explained the close distance) and it had been reclaimed for the housing projects. Aka which meant I lived above a cemetery/dead people. More I research, more I find out that many blocks in Jurong west are haunted through the plentiful ghost stories about that place. which scared me as I had just gotten married recently and paid 400k+ for the house.

So please do your research before you purchase a flat which I learn the hard way.

Ok! now I will list all the incidences happened during my two and the half years there.

1) As I was watching TV in the hall, I used to see several times a black shadow darting at the corner of the room. One night after watching TV alone, I think it was about 2.00am and I was walking to sleep, I heard a voice (very clear) calling me "MaMa!" once and instinctively.
I turn my head to my left where the voice came from. My whole body went cold when there was nothing there at all! My wife and only daughter were sleeping soundly.

2) It was in the afternoon; my wife was washing her hair in the toilet.
As she was sitting on the stool bending forward holding the shower above her head washing her hair. Suddenly, she felt that someone gave her a hard push above her head. She unable to see that time coz her eyes were covered with shampoo. Then immediately, she opens her eyes and call out to my daughter. She found that my daughter was indeed playing in the hall all the time.

3) It was when a new neighbour moved in next door and when they came over to get to know us. My wife was at the gate chatting with them. And my daughter and I was watching TV in the hall. The next evening after dinner in the hawker centre, we met them in the lift. Then, during our conversation, they mentioned, "Where is your boy?" We told them that we only got a daughter, but they insisted that they saw themself, my daughter in the hall watching TV and there was a boy at the staircase playing and he was about 5 years old! Both husband & wife saw that!

4) There was one evening at about 10.00pm. I was having my bath then when I turn to face the wall behind me, I got a shocked!! There was a transparent figure like a human (do not know gal or guy) moved from one wall to another!
I was shaking like a leave and naturally used the hot shower spray and spray to that direction.

Nothing happen at all, so I quickly rushed out.

5) This last one is the final straw we able to take before we moved out to our private apartment which happened the tenancy just expires. (Pls note we can only sell after 5 years for resale flat).

I forgot to mention that all this time during the night when we are sleeping in our locked master bedroom, we always heard noises like someone twisting our room handle and trying to open the door. I did check many times to no avail.

Ok! One evening after watching TV, we all went to sleep. As we entered our master room,

I wanted to switch on the TV in the room to continue watching the program. We all got a shock!

There was a pair of deep lighted shinning blue eyes on the TV screen.The TV was not even switch on! Just to make sure is not a fault, I even pull out the plug from the socket! The pair of eyes was still there!

So, all of us rush to the second guestroom and locked ourselves inside.Both my wife and daughter are crying like shit. I was also shivering but had to put up a brave front.

While they fallen asleep later, I stayed up till morning. Guess what? We moved that morning! We managed to sell off to another guy after it luckily even though it was at a loss.

This is a true incidence witnessed by three of them and shared to me. I hope it help anyone who wishes to buy a house in anyplace. Please be more careful when buying house because it is our biggest investment in Singapore in my view.

In today's red hot property market, those HDB hunter buying their 1st home will not mind getting a stigmatised unit knowingly if the price is right.

Guest 7th Month
6 hours ago, fourth said:

this is a very basic form of 烟供. they do not receive whatever you burn. it's only the smoke offering from burning these joss paper / incense. so please skip all those TV, iPhone, durian (JUST SAW THIS RECENTLY), iPads, etc. they can't receive anything whatsoever. if burning a paper iPad can create another iPad that they can use over there, then need to burn SIM card, or screen protector anot? or base stations? cannot right..

sorry for my zero knowledge on this. Does burning joss paper/incense or smoke form these offering will kind of do any good for the deceased/ghost? 

Guest Me Think
22 minutes ago, Guest 7th Month said:

sorry for my zero knowledge on this. Does burning joss paper/incense or smoke form these offering will kind of do any good for the deceased/ghost? 

I think joss and incense smoke, once permeate into the air, mingled with the angry spirit will help soften their anger and make them harmless. With food offerings included, it makes them even happier and they may end up protecting you instead.  

36 minutes ago, Guest 7th Month said:

lol sorry for what. no issues at all. well, it's still a kind of offering. but what they really need is a proper liberation (or mass liberation) to move on from here. either that or a 师父 comes along, and then they wish to work for the person and join his / her altar. then they can gain merits thru helping sentient beings, thereby gaining ascension / levelling up possibilities.

$35 (approx 15 mins + -) - 抓根 Zhua Gen ($5 bundling discount applies when not done stand-alone)

$50 flat rate - treatment of lower back / disc herniation issues. Add $10 for additional area.
Gua sha - $15

Daily 10am to 10pm last appt but please text in advance. Special early / ultra late appts are possible, just book in advance.

13 minutes ago, Guest Me Think said:

I think joss and incense smoke, once permeate into the air, mingled with the angry spirit will help soften their anger and make them harmless. With food offerings included, it makes them even happier and they may end up protecting you instead.  

you're pretty close! protecting, not so much. but at least with the right amount of offerings, they will leave you in peace. 

Gua sha - $15

7 hours ago, fourth said:

Dont anyhow burn things to ghost. If you burn mobile phone, they may call you at late night. If you burn aircraft, they will fly to visit you anytime lol 😮

58 minutes ago, fourth said:

you're pretty close! protecting, not so much. but at least with the right amount of offerings, they will leave you in peace. 

Their ears need to be soothed too, play chanting music, to help lift them to better places, so that they won't bother you again.

I’m curious whether the kind of incense burnt will affect the spirits as there was one occasion my colleague burnt a kind of coiled incense at a cemetery and a cleaner there told us that he could see the spirits and apparently they didn’t like it. Luckily, I guess due to my colleague’s good intent, the cleaner told us that the spirits following behind us were trying to calm the other spirits and in a way protecting us while we did our work. Of course, whether the cleaner was telling the truth could never be verified. We were just grateful nothing happened to us. 😊

Edited by Coolbriz

Be cool, like a breeze...

8 minutes ago, Coolbriz said:

I’m curious whether the kind of incense burnt will affect the spirits as there was one occasion my colleague burnt a kind of coiled incense at a cemetery and a cleaner there told us that he could see the spirits and apparently they didn’t like it. Luckily, I guess due to my colleague’s good intent, the cleaner told us that the spirits following behind us were trying to calm the other spirits and in a way protecting us while we did our work. Of course, whether the cleaner was telling the truth could never be verified. We were just grateful nothing happened to us. 😊

I don't quite believe in spirits but when one's love one passes away, he or she will be living in one's heart forever.  

Guest Try and see
2 hours ago, Guest Raymend said:

This lady embalmer deals with dead people all of her working hours and yet she is not haunted nor see ghosts.

It's possible. Most likely she doesn't have the 天眼, and/or her 煞气/阳气 is strong, so ghosts tend to avoid her. Even if they are in her presence, they cannot manifest themselves to her.

Conversely, someone who works a normal office job might see ghosts very often.

Moral: it's not the occupation; it's your innate spiritual constitution and gifting  😃

Hey you handsome hotties, any of you know where to find stories about the haunted masionette at Jurong West st 42? Been Googling it but can't find. Really curious to read all about it. Please help if you can. Thank you so much in advance. 😘

Guest Try and see
1 minute ago, Zealouslogue said:

Hey you handsome hotties, any of you know where to find stories about the haunted masionette at Jurong West st 42? Been Googling it but can't find. Really curious to read all about it. Please help if you can. Thank you so much in advance. 😘

Is it the one where a certain Malay girl used to stay? (The one who has the ability to see ghosts.)

Just now, Guest Try and see said:

Is it the one where a certain Malay girl used to stay? (The one who has the ability to see ghosts.)

I should think so. I don't know... 😥

Guest Try and see
38 minutes ago, Zealouslogue said:

I should think so. I don't know... 😥

She mentioned that she grew up in a masionette which was quite haunted. And because she could see ghosts from young, she had a rather miserable childhood. (e.g. Each time she saw a ghost, she would usually get sick with high fever.)

Some viewers have identified the location of her childhood masionette as being in Jurong, although she herself has never disclosed its location. So maybe it's her childhood home that you are talking about?

BTW She doesn't live there currently as she has married and lives elsewhere. But she still has the third eye so she can see "them" even in other people's houses, for example.

Below is one of her videos. Do check out her channel.

What's amazing is that quite a few American youtubers have made reaction videos to her videos!  👏

38 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

She mentioned that she grew up in a masionette which was quite haunted. And because she could see ghosts from young, she had a rather miserable childhood. (e.g. Each time she saw a ghost, she would usually get sick with high fever.)

Some viewers have identified the location of her childhood masionette as being in Jurong, although she herself has never disclosed its location. So maybe it's her childhood home that you are talking about?

BTW She doesn't live there currently as she has married and lives elsewhere. But she still has the third eye so she can see "them" even in other people's houses, for example.

Below is one of her videos. Do check out her channel.

What's amazing is that quite a few American youtubers have made reaction videos to her videos!  👏

Thank you! 

2 hours ago, Zealouslogue said:

Thank you! 

Its that same production group that made that midnight run encounter reversing walking Jap soldier , right.

31 minutes ago, Guest Mikk said:

Its that same production group that made that midnight run encounter reversing walking Jap soldier , right.

I'm not sure. You could check it out too. 

Guest Try and see
3 hours ago, Guest Mikk said:

Yes, she's the one who encountered it!

Her Jurong masionette is featured in that clip also (below).

I nearly died of fright when I watched it for the first time!!

3 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

Yes, she's the one who encountered it!

Her Jurong masionette is featured in that clip also (below).

I nearly died of fright when I watched it for the first time!!

These videos seem so scary. I wonder how she survived... since they are true stories... 

Guest Michael

Hi everyone. Does anyone else here have experience with finding dimes frequently and in the most random and strangest places? Is it of any significance or is it coincidental? I don't go looking for them. It happens when I least expect it. I have a hunch about what it *might* be but I want to hear your thoughts on it first to see if it confirms what I feel it might be or not. I will share at a later time in the comments after I see your responses. Thanks!

3 knocks on my bedroom door!

This is my first time posting anything and I’m usually a very personal person. I don’t like putting anything out there unless it’s got me thinking or bothered. I was in my bedroom and heard 3 knocks on my door. When I opened it nobody was there. So I went to my niece's room and asked her if she was in here the whole time? She said yes and asked why I told her I heard something knock on my door and her face went blank. She said she heard something knock on her window three times as well. What does this MEAN?

5 hours ago, Guest Mark said:

This is my first time posting anything and I’m usually a very personal person. I don’t like putting anything out there unless it’s got me thinking or bothered. I was in my bedroom and heard 3 knocks on my door. When I opened it nobody was there. So I went to my niece's room and asked her if she was in here the whole time? She said yes and asked why I told her I heard something knock on my door and her face went blank. She said she heard something knock on her window three times as well. What does this MEAN?

It could be a big fan of this:

120px-Zoso.svg.png

Guest Guest
5 hours ago, Guest Mark said:

Winds rattling the door and windows. Very common. 

hola~

just thought those who are interested to keen to offer food items for 7th month and whether you're a newbie or expert, i hope you're able to get something out of this tutorial, and tonight is the night to do it.

As for those who do not believe nor subscribe to this tradition, please don't flame. 

Here goes:

1. After dark hours but before 11pm for best timing. (After dark means after sun has fully set)
2. you can choose from 3, 5, 7, or 9 offering items. the items has to be as traditional as possible. (i) peanuts (ii) sunflower seeds (cannot to be de-shelled) (iii) white rabbit original flavor (iv) Marie biscuits (or other old school biscuits) (v) gem biscuits, etc. 

3. 5 Oranges.
4. Paper / plastic plates for your offering items (orange no need)
5. 1 set of joss sticks and 1 pair of candles. 

6. For this basic offerings procedure, we will not be burning joss paper. But if you have a small stack of it that you wish to burn, please go ahead, but no need to splurge or buy billions of currency for them.

Laying out:

1. Lay the 5 oranges in a straight line along the side walk.

2. place the offering items on your paper plates.

3. light candles and stick them apart. 

4. light joss sticks and stick 5 joss sticks into the center orange.

5. pay your respects and then stick the rest of the loose joss sticks one by one into the surrounding area. Do NOT say your name or where you stay. Not necessary.
6. leave for the night and come back next morning to clear and dispose. do NOT consume ANY of the food items that you have offered.

There's a closing procedure on the final day. I will post that up later.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-07 at 12.29.42 PM.jpeg

Gua sha - $15

中元 is actually paying respects to our 冤亲债主, people whom we have wronged, harmed, or done wrong against in our previous lives.

The oranges are for the boundary lords (地主). Paying respects to them and thanking them for keeping things in order in the spiritual realm. The food items are for your 冤亲债主 to feast on, so that they will not come and feast on your 福报 and your well-being. 冤亲债主 will always be ready to feast on the good things in your life, cuz you owe them (due to whatever entanglements in previous lives whatsoever). 

On the last day, there would be 1 black stout, and 1 beer for the Boundary Lords. And again, for helping keeping things in order. and then a few more food offering items to send your 冤亲债主 to their respective realms.

excessive burning of joss papers is reeeeeeally unnecessary. so, yeah..

Gua sha - $15

don't have to say anything really =) just avoid saying your name and where you stay. 

Gua sha - $15

4 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Thanks for sharing! But thought praying should be done tmr instead (after 12mn) instead of tonight (7 Aug)?

子时 is 11pm =) i would usually do it at about 10.45pm to match the timing. 

Gua sha - $15

Guest Ignorant

Thanks for the kind sharing. Oh dear, I had originally thought that the Seventh Month and Qing Ming are both for burning offerings (must draw circle and write their death lunar dates on the papers) to our deceased parents / ancestors downstairs my HDB block at the government designated burning area / urn? Have I been doing the wrong things all these while? Must I make offerings to my 冤亲债主 by any random drain (as shown in the picture above) and not burn downstairs (which must/will be cleared almost immediately and not left to be cleared the following day)? And must we make offerings twice (once at the beginning and once at the end of the Seventh Month / Qing Ming) and not just once? Thanks for your kind advice...

1 hour ago, Guest Ignorant said:

Thanks for the kind sharing. Oh dear, I had originally thought that the Seventh Month and Qing Ming are both for burning offerings (must draw circle and write their death lunar dates on the papers) to our deceased parents / ancestors downstairs my HDB block at the government designated burning area / urn? Have I been doing the wrong things all these while? Must I make offerings to my 冤亲债主 by any random drain (as shown in the picture above) and not burn downstairs (which must/will be cleared almost immediately and not left to be cleared the following day)? And must we make offerings twice (once at the beginning and once at the end of the Seventh Month / Qing Ming) and not just once? Thanks for your kind advice...

don't be sarcastic la. if you wanna be a jibai go somewhere else. i stay at a walk up apartment. we clear our own things the next morning. this is just basic tutorial if someone wants to start offering. if you have your own ways of doing it, by all means, go do it. you want find trouble, go somewhere else. that's my fucking kind advice. 

Gua sha - $15

this one i dunno leh tbh xD

Gua sha - $15

Guest Pam Anderson

How come non Asian chinese people who dont do the Lunar seventh month offerings , burnings, rituals   like ang moh, Africans, pacific islanders, south Americans .

Lan Lan Bor Tai Jee , even if they fuck care about Hungry Ghost month, dont celebrate , its just like any other ordinary day.

And less carbon footprint , no pollution no smoke, no nightmares or bad dreams for children.

Why arh , ang moh and other non chinese  exempted

• G_M changed the title to American Native Indian Discussion!
Guest Got offer got good.
10 minutes ago, Guest Pam Anderson said:

How come non Asian chinese people who dont do the Lunar seventh month offerings , burnings, rituals   like ang moh, Africans, pacific islanders, south Americans .

Lan Lan Bor Tai Jee

If you don't burn, the spirit will LLBTJ disturb you.  You want that to happen to you meh?  If you offer, they happy and may let you win lottery. 

8 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Thanks for sharing! But thought praying should be done tmr instead (after 12mn) instead of tonight (7 Aug)?

Ah yes let me clarify! closer to 11pm on the DAY of Chu Yi itself for this year. Meaning, if Sunday is Chu Yi, Sunday night 11pm.

If you want to do it early, then 1am on Sunday morning would be the earliest. which i am doing later.

Anything earlier before this timing is only for the 鬼差.

Then again, to be very safe, on Chu Yi itself after dark to before 11pm is always a safe timing.

Edited by fourth

Gua sha - $15

19 hours ago, fourth said:

中元 is actually paying respects to our 冤亲债主, people whom we have wronged, harmed, or done wrong against in our previous lives.

The oranges are for the boundary lords (地主). Paying respects to them and thanking them for keeping things in order in the spiritual realm. The food items are for your 冤亲债主 to feast on, so that they will not come and feast on your 福报 and your well-being. 冤亲债主 will always be ready to feast on the good things in your life, cuz you owe them (due to whatever entanglements in previous lives whatsoever). 

On the last day, there would be 1 black stout, and 1 beer for the Boundary Lords. And again, for helping keeping things in order. and then a few more food offering items to send your 冤亲债主 to their respective realms.

excessive burning of joss papers is reeeeeeally unnecessary. so, yeah..

Respect and thanks for sharing this. I have lots of Chinese friends and growing up with them, I have actually participated and performed these rituals together with them. I glad to be included with spiritual rituals, too. Really brings our cultural diversity closer while better understanding each other.

Love, peace and respect.

Unlike the Chinese folk religion/ Taoist animist tradition which in my opinion imbibes fear, confusion amongs Chinese older generation and some young chinese people of this part of the world.

The buddhist Ulambara featival incorporates compassion, love for deceased members of family, loved ones.  Even have compassion  for wandering spirits of unknown identity and unclaimed deceased.

Guest Guest
Just now, Guest Guest said:

In HK , where 95% are of Chinese race , this practice is not allowed though due to environmental pollution and protection ! 

I meant those paper money burnings , food and items not being allowed on the pavements in HK 

Guest 7 month

“Do not say your name or where you stay”?
Oh dear, I always uttered my name and my office address during the offering below my office. I thot is to tell them not to disturb us

Guest Home Decor
16 hours ago, fourth said:

Ah yes let me clarify! closer to 11pm on the DAY of Chu Yi itself for this year. Meaning, if Sunday is Chu Yi, Sunday night 11pm.

If you want to do it early, then 1am on Sunday morning would be the earliest. which i am doing later.

Anything earlier before this timing is only for the 鬼差.

Then again, to be very safe, on Chu Yi itself after dark to before 11pm is always a safe timing.

Is it ok to light tealight candles at home during Ghost month?   I always find it very conducive and romantic to light my tealight holders around the house.  It exudes warmth and romance every other months, especially on a rainy day.

Guest tyler nipples
22 hours ago, fab said:

Most citizens of a country have been brain washed by propaganda. 

Japanese think they are the victims of world war 2.

Chinese believe their govt have done the right thing during Tian an Meng. 

American white think they are the heros and the native American the trouble makers.

My dear

Tian an Men

5 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I meant those paper money burnings , food and items not being allowed on the pavements in HK 

In SG where everything is about technology,  they should encourage people not to burn paper money but use bank transfer or maybe create apps like "pay hell"?

Food and item OK but the people must be around and not just leave it there overnight, attract the rats in the night and the birds in the morning. Cleaner will also have a hard time to clear up the mess left behind. 

Guest 紫荆花
6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

In HK , where 95% are of Chinese race , this practice is not allowed though due to environmental pollution and protection ! 

6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Oh yes, they don’t burn on pavements, they burnt stuff on the roads and they opened umbrellas to protect them from sunlights 

spacer.png

• G_M changed the title to 7th Luna Month aka Ghost Month + Basic offerings for the 'good bros‘ (compiled)
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.