Male HQ

Singapore Local News! + Crime & Punishment (Non Gay) (Compiled)

pinkslut

12 minutes ago, Guest reports said:

In his judgment, Justice Chan Seng Onn noted that "some time prior to her termination", Ms Parti had expressed unhappiness at being made to do additional work.

"There is reason to believe that the Liew family, upon realising her unhappiness, took the pre-emptive first step to terminate her employment suddenly without giving her sufficient time for her to pack, in the hope that Parti would not use the time to make a complaint to MOM."

Once she made clear - upon being fired - her desire to complain to MOM, the Liew family "followed up with the police report to ensure her return would be prevented", said the judge. "In my view, the Liew family might not have made a police report had Parti not made her express threat on Oct 28, 2016 to report the matter to MOM."

Anyone would have filed the police report if they saw that they are shipping their own personal belongings out of their country. If they want "to ensure her return would be prevented", they would NOT have filed the police report, because the police would have told her to return to Singapore for the investigation!  But in any case, if the maid gets jailed, we have one foreign trash in prison; If the family gets jailed, we have PAP cronies who are holding all the GLC directorship in prison. So, either way, Singaporean WINS! Muahahahahahaha  😈😈😈😈😈

Guest logic vs unlogic

In your logic most karung guni in Singapore would commit theft. Clearly those in your opinion who take items from the roads at houses or semi-attached houses as the owners might not have discarded the property intentionally or did not have any intention to place it as a gift (but for the bin collectors to dispose it off).

If a law is unsettled, it can be interpreted in both ways.

As usual a very petty way of thinking.

Did you remember that article about "Freegans" because you were taking disposed food items out of rubbish bins in Singapore?

By the way you took the quotation out of the context  (The case of this maid is not about taking food out of rubbish bins):

Can Freegans be Arrested for Theft When Dumpster-Diving for Food in Singapore?

2b3c13c0-4505-11e7-a278-45ebc5454920_Singapore-Legal-Advice-Red.png.cf.jpg
Siu Farn Chew SingaporeLegalAdvice.com 13 February 2018

Singapore

The law on abandonment in Singapore is currently unsettled. Lawyer Ronald Wong is of the opinion that the concept of abandonment may not be recognised here:

“As a matter of policy, it would be problematic if where someone disposes property, whether intentionally or accidentally, it would be deemed that he no longer has any right to the property. It would be prudent to take the Williams v Philips approach [in English law] whereby a person is taken to make a ‘gift’ of property in their rubbish to the rubbish collection company. And if there was an unintentional disposal, then there was no intention of such a gift, and the title to the property remains with the person.

If it were any other way, the practical and legal repercussions would be quite severe, with everything ranging from the losing of valuables to corporate espionage (people dumpster-diving for documents etc.)”

That said, even though Singapore’s position on the law on abandonment is currently unclear, section 16 of the Environmental Public Health Act provides that all rubbish brought by anyone to a public disposal facility, or collected by employees, contractors or agents of the National Environmental Agency (NEA), will be NEA property.

Therefore, freegans who take food from public disposal facilities or from the rubbish collected by NEA personnel could be committing theft against the NEA, even if not against the food’s original owner.

In any case, section 10(1) of the Environmental Public Health (Public Cleansing) Regulations prohibits “raking or grubbing” through refuse bins, refuse bin centres or refuse vehicles, or removing things from them. Those convicted will be guilty of an offence (even if not for theft) and will be liable to fines up to $5,000 depending on whether they are repeat offenders. Freegans may wish to take note of this when combing through trash bins for food.

14 minutes ago, Guest logic vs unlogic said:

By the way you took the quotation out of the context  (The case of this maid is not about taking food out of rubbish bins):

Yes, If a law is unsettled, it can be indeed be interpreted in both ways.  And in this case, if the items are not even outside of the house in the rubbish bin, and if they are still indeed inside the house, then the maid should have an even weaker case! Should jail the maid even longer!

Now, what happens to those who made false accusations, fabricate evidence, gave untrue declaration and thus wasting public resources (like police and judicial times)? and the police inspector who did not follow proper protocol? 

In any civilized country, someone who did all these will be prosecuted. 

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

Accused of theft, then acquitted: Police report by CAG chief's family was to stop maid from complaining to MOM, says judge

Published Sep 6, 2020

The family had also recorded a video of the items taken out of the boxes after Ms Parti left.

In the video, Madam Ng said she wanted to get a karung guni man to help her "move" them. Her son replied: "You cannot get the karung guni man here. It's still her things, mum."

Justice Chan said this indicated that the Liew family intended to throw the items away. "I do not get any impression that the Liew family would have the habit of keeping old, unwanted or spoilt items in the house and not discard them."

1 minute ago, Guest logic said:

Accused of theft, then acquitted: Police report by CAG chief's family was to stop maid from complaining to MOM, says judge

Published Sep 6, 2020

The family had also recorded a video of the items taken out of the boxes after Ms Parti left.

In the video, Madam Ng said she wanted to get a karung guni man to help her "move" them. Her son replied: "You cannot get the karung guni man here. It's still her things, mum."

Justice Chan said this indicated that the Liew family intended to throw the items away. "I do not get any impression that the Liew family would have the habit of keeping old, unwanted or spoilt items in the house and not discard them."

It's just natural for old woman to want to take the easiest way out and throw things away, but is the case against the mother now? Or is it against the father and the son? And from the son's words, this prove that he really did not have the intentions of finding HIS things inside. It's surprising that the judge should only take into account the "mum's" words, but failed to take into account the "son's" words. 

Anyway, just becasue one person is wrong doesn't mean that the others are right. In any case, the best scenarios will be this: Foreign Trash Maid goes to jail for theft AND PAP-Crony Family goes to jail for making maid work in two places AND police inspector goes to jail for failing to obey protocols. Then the whole case will show just how screwed up our judicial system is. Then maybe Singapore will wake up! Muahahahahahaha  😈😈😈😈😈

1 hour ago, Guest reports said:

Once she made clear - upon being fired - her desire to complain to MOM, the Liew family "followed up with the police report to ensure her return would be prevented", said the judge. "In my view, the Liew family might not have made a police report had Parti not made her express threat on Oct 28, 2016 to report the matter to MOM."

WTH .... Coming from nothing less than a JUDGE, any evidence to support such a claim? Or is this a classic case of ....

JHK can come over from today - Page 2 - www.hardwarezone.com.sg

If this is what our judicial system is all about, we might as well don't go without one. Shame shame shame...

On 9/4/2020 at 9:16 PM, mith said:

these rich families are really the lowest class of people, cheap, blame, lie, cheat about small things in life! the pettiest of type!. 

Many people in rich families are trash.  

Didn't Jesus said: 

"I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Fewer people in Singapore would need to have maids if they were not so cheap to get.   It would be a denigration of the value of human life,  if not for the fact that coming from such poor countries, the maids also benefit from the system.  But this does not justify abusing the system.

I am so happy that I don't need a maid.  Even if I had one, it would be difficult for her to steal $34K from my house.  The most expensive thing I have is my grand piano,  and it is too heavy for a maid to take with her.  :) 

Guest Low SES vs High SES in law
On 9/5/2020 at 10:16 AM, mith said:

these rich families are really the lowest class of people, cheap, blame, lie, cheat about small things in life! the pettiest of type!. 

These are the people who were often given many awards, recognitions and praises from the Singapore leaders and other associations or institutions.  In Singapore, such hide profile and rich people were almost always exonerable from the most hideous thing they did.  In return, these billion dollars wealthy people will get a share of some form of punishment, in the form of paltry fine for just couple hundred dollars.

Guest I DO!!!
3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Many people in rich families are trash.  

Fewer people in Singapore would need to have maids if they were not so cheap to get. 

Singapore has a crumbling social system.   The high cost of livings has crippled many families and forced them to work and leave their elderly and baby behind in the household. Thus maids became part and parcel of necessity to take care of the vulnerability at home, while the fit went out to work for survival. 

Maid should not be employed by rich people to do triple chores - household cleaning, looking after their adult child, manned the owner's business and do other beck-n-call breaking service.   Some of these people, can even allowed to employ more than 1 maids per family, because they could afford too.

Protest in Singapore is illegal, even if one person standing in the middle of a remote forest and with a placard is considered punishable by law and hurled into prison.   However, rich people (aka the partisan MP) can still organise a "legal" protest in whichever term they decide for themselves.  This brings to the point of one country two system.  Legal protest is considered for the powerful and illegal protest for the ordinary people.

As our leader once mooted. Aristocracy is going to be the norm, which means, they are referring to themselves in the future Singapore.  Not many Singaoreans have a brain to foresee what was to come but I DO!!

17 minutes ago, Guest Low SES vs High SES in law said:

These are the people who were often given many awards, recognitions and praises from the Singapore leaders and other associations or institutions.  In Singapore, such hide profile and rich people were almost always exonerable from the most hideous thing they did.  In return, these billion dollars wealthy people will get a share of some form of punishment, in the form of paltry fine for just couple hundred dollars.

4 minutes ago, Guest I DO!!! said:

Singapore has a crumbling social system.   The high cost of livings has crippled many families and forced them to work and leave their elderly and baby behind in the household. Thus maids became part and parcel of necessity to take care of the vulnerability at home, while the fit went out to work for survival. 

Maid should not be employed by rich people to do triple chores - household cleaning, looking after their adult child, manned the owner's business and do other beck-n-call breaking service.   Some of these people, can even allowed to employ more than 1 maids per family, because they could afford too.

Protest in Singapore is illegal, even if one person standing in the middle of a remote forest and with a placard is considered punishable by law and hurled into prison.   However, rich people (aka the partisan MP) can still organise a "legal" protest in whichever term they decide for themselves.  This brings to the point of one country two system.  Legal protest is considered for the powerful and illegal protest for the ordinary people.

As our leader once mooted. Aristocracy is going to be the norm, which means, they are referring to themselves in the future Singapore.  Not many Singaoreans have a brain to foresee what was to come but I DO!!

61% asked for that.

21 hours ago, singalion said:

The problem is more on what you can trust and what not.

The second problem is where to you start and where do you stop.

Do you check every textile item you buy to wear? Where is it manufactured? Who is behind?

My problem with Breadtalk was more their refusal to publish whether they use Trans Fat in their products or not. Not sure if they ever published whether their products are transfat free.

Then I thought they are anyhow overpriced (from start).

The business model was, be at a heavily frequented spot.

Did you know they used artificial baking smell to attract people?

I don't think you can avoid Changi Airport, once you are traveling.

Your office or some facility management might be run by Surbana or Capitaland.

You do a course at CDAC?

Got some shares at the SGX?

It is probably not possible to avoid any of those SG companies...

Here is a list of LIEW MUN LEONG appointments (probably he is holding much more positions):

Chairman of Changi Airport Group.

Mr Liew was the founding Group President and CEO of CapitaLand Limited. He is currently the Chairman of Surbana Jurong Private Limited.  Mr Liew sits on the boards of Singapore Exchange, Singapore-China Foundation Ltd and the Chinese Development Assistance Council. He also chairs the Board of Temasek Foundation Nurtures CLG Ltd, the Management Advisory Board of NUS Business School and the NUS School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE) Industry Advisory Board. He is a Senior International Advisor of Temasek.

Comment: His best position is probably on the Continuing and Lifelong Education, ha ha. Seems he forget this for himself in character building and soft skills.

aiya, do one's best. no need to go on strike. no need to go hungry also...

what i meant was, exercise your consumers right and spend wisely. for example, dont eat breadtalk out of habits, out of convenient... 

go to the airport if u need to travel, but no need to spend tons of money while waiting for your flight...

no need to live lifes scrutinising every small prints every raw materials also... 

of course, i know many, too many people go thro life not knowing, not thinking, but thats life!

btw, you save me much trouble by doing my sleuthing for me... i'll consciously take note of the LIEWS involvement/business, and think twice if i ever need to spend my $.

Guest Favoritism
9 minutes ago, mith said:

aiya, do one's best. no need to go on strike. no need to go hungry also...

what i meant was, exercise your consumers right and spend wisely. for example, dont eat breadtalk out of habits, out of convenient... 

go to the airport if u need to travel, but no need to spend tons of money while waiting for your flight...

no need to live lifes scrutinising every small prints every raw materials also... 

of course, i know many, too many people go thro life not knowing, not thinking, but thats life!

btw, you save me much trouble by doing my sleuthing for me... i'll consciously take note of the LIEWS involvement/business, and think twice if i ever need to spend my $.

Singapore should not be an "ATM" for very few people in control of your wealth.  Singapore belongs to everyone, not the cronies or family-linked few.  Corruptions should not be allowed to manifest by a very few people in such a manner.  The kangaroo law must stand against them, not favour them.

47 minutes ago, Guest I DO!!! said:

Singaporeans marry so late that there is a huge gap between grandparents and grandchildren? 

If a generation is  25 years, then grandparents are about 50 years older than their grandchildren.   If baby is 3 y.o,  the 53 year old grandparents are TOO OLD to take care of their grandchild and the household,  buying groceries, cooking etc.,  not to mention taking care of themselves?  Do they have to feel "left behind" and vulnerable?  53 years IS NOT OLD!.  Not even 63!

My father died when I was a baby and my sister a toddler, so my mother went out to work while my grandma, my "Oma", took care of us and the household.  There was no need nor the money for a maid, but we had a cleaning lady come once a week to do the heavier cleaning.  

Since then I have heard countless stories of children being raised by their grandparents,  like my late bf.  Are Singaporeans so spoiled?

Guest I DO!!!
1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

Singaporeans marry so late that there is a huge gap between grandparents and grandchildren? 

Are Singaporeans so spoiled?

No.  LIke I said. Singapore does not have a social system.  Singaporeans were married late because they do not have sufficient savings to buy a house, raise their family and look after their unemployed elderly likely with all sorts of medical conditions. The jobs in Singapore is not stable due to influx of cheap foreigners to compete those lost jobs.  There is no true labour Union to speak up for the workers.  Most bosses worked and network with the government, to ensure they are willed to their wishes except the workers.  Once you are poor, lost your jobs or down with medical problems, your children and babies will be at stake and became the casualty of their parents situation.  You will then have to decide whether to feed your infant or foot the hefty medical bills of grand parents. Besides, when you are forced to work beyond official hours and 6 days a week, where to you find the energy to have sex?  Where to find luxury living for Signaporeans and how can you said they are spoilt?  Singaporeans are living in prison made with gold bar stolen from them. The leader are the one taking its possesion

Seriously, you people really know how to Borrow Topic and Shoot Freely (借题发挥).

One idiot use it to shoot Foreign Talent, another idiot shoot the garment, next one shoot the rich people and then quote bible verse. 

GkJiW29.gif

KNN, all go out of topic and shoot at everything!

Thus this topic will be locked!

• G_M locked this topic

Sit back, open up your pack of popcorn and let's see who will win: Ho Ching's Temasek defending her crony, or LHL's AGC condemning HoChing's crony. LOL...

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/companies-markets/temasek-cautions-against-jumping-to-judgment-over-liew-mun-leong-ex-maid-case?utm_medium=social-organic&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1599555317

[SINGAPORE] Temasek said its senior international business advisor Liew Mun Leong has contributed to Singapore and its people, and his track record at various firms attests to that.

The investment firm's comments come days after the Singapore High Court acquitted Mr Liew's former Indonesian domestic worker of theft, in a judgment that also raised questions about the motivation of Mr Liew and his family in lodging a police report against the maid.

Mr Liew is also the chairman of Changi Airport Group and Surbana Jurong.

Temasek International chief executive Dilhan Pillay Sandrasegara said on Tuesday: "There are many individuals who have contributed to both public service and to the private sector in Singapore for the benefit of Singapore and our population as a whole. (Mr Liew) is one of those persons, and his track record at CapitaLand, at Changi Airport Group, and at Surbana Jurong attest to that."

He was responding to questions from The Straits Times (ST) at a virtual media conference on Temasek's performance, and was asked whether Mr Liew's actions go against the company's values and whether it would be looking into the issue.

Mr Pillay said he would not comment further, citing ongoing proceedings on the case.

However, he said: "I think we should hear from Mr Liew on his side of the issue, and not come quick to judgment until we've heard all sides of things." Mr Liew had declined to comment on the judgment when contacted by ST.

Last Friday, the High Court acquitted former domestic worker Parti Liyani of stealing from Mr Liew, who is the former chief executive of CapitaLand, and his family.

Ms Parti, 46, who was working for the Liew family from 2007 to 2016, was accused of stealing more than S$34,000 worth of items from them. After a trial in the State Courts, she was found guilty on four counts of theft and sentenced to jail for two years and two months in March last year. She appealed to the High Court against her conviction and sentence, and was acquitted last Friday.

Justice Chan Seng Onn, in a detailed 100-page judgment on the case last Friday, found the convictions against Ms Parti to be "unsafe". He cited the handling of the evidence by the police, the recording of the allegedly stolen items and the improper motive behind the allegations of some family members.

In his judgment, Justice Chan noted that "some time prior to her termination", Ms Parti had expressed unhappiness at being made to do the additional work of cleaning the house and office of Mr Liew's son Karl Liew.

"There is reason to believe that the Liew family, upon realising her unhappiness, took the pre-emptive first step to terminate her employment suddenly without giving her sufficient time for her to pack, in the hope that Parti would not use the time to make a complaint to MOM (Ministry of Manpower)," the judge noted.

When Ms Parti threatened to complain to MOM after her sudden termination, Mr Liew and his son followed up with a police report to prevent her return to Singapore to make the complaint, said the judge.

"In my view, the Liew family might not have made a police report had Parti not made her express threat on Oct 28, 2016 to report the matter to MOM."

Earlier, the Attorney-General's Chambers and the MOM said on Sunday that they are studying the case to assess whether further action ought to be taken in this case.

The police also said that they would be looking into several observations on police investigations made by Justice Chan.

THE STRAITS TIMES

1 hour ago, stock-top said:

.... which really brings this article up into the light: https://www.onlinecitizenasia.com/2020/09/09/newspaper-cutting-of-singapore-attorney-generals-past-making-its-round-within-legal-fraternity/

Newspaper cutting of Singapore Attorney General’s past making its round within legal fraternity

Police report filed on alleged wrongful removal of files by Lucien Wong and another lawyer but case eventually was stood down

On 9/9/2020 at 11:17 AM, Guest Guest said:

Sit back, open up your pack of popcorn and let's see who will win: Ho Ching's Temasek defending her crony, or LHL's AGC condemning HoChing's crony. LOL...

HAHAHAHAHA! Looks like Ho Ching won!!!

Attorney-General recuses himself from reviewing CAG chairman Liew Mun Leong's maid case

https://sg.yahoo.com/news/attorney-general-recuses-himself-from-reviewing-cag-chairman-liew-mun-leongs-maid-case-072041558.html

1 hour ago, And then said:

what contribution? you mean he didn't get paid royally for those roles? 😏

almost sounds like he sacrificed something for the sake of our country, WTF

Exactly.

Unless he's a payless volunteer,  else please don't misuse the word contribute. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

HAHAHAHAHA! Looks like Ho Ching won!!!

Attorney-General recuses himself from reviewing CAG chairman Liew Mun Leong's maid case

https://sg.yahoo.com/news/attorney-general-recuses-himself-from-reviewing-cag-chairman-liew-mun-leongs-maid-case-072041558.html

Look like LHL is having the last laugh, now that Ho Ching's crony left all his public posts! Lol! 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/liew-mun-leong-steps-down-as-chairman-of-changi-airport-group-surbana

Liew Mun Leong steps down as chairman of CAG, Surbana Jurong after ex-maid acquitted of stealing

Ex-maid of Changi Airport Group chairman now a free woman after court grants discharge on remaining charge

Published Sep 8, 2020, 2:55 pm SGT Updated Sep 9, 2020, 2:19 pm
Law Correspondent

SINGAPORE - Four days after she was acquitted of stealing from the family of Changi Airport Group chairman Liew Mun Leong, a former domestic worker has been cleared of all criminal charges.

Last Friday (Sept 4), the High Court overturned the convictions against Indonesian Parti Liyani, 46, on four theft charges for stealing about $34,000 worth of items.

On Tuesday, Ms Parti was granted a discharge amounting to an acquittal for the fifth charge, for fraudulent possession of property, at the State Courts, after the prosecution applied to drop the charge against her.

This charge related to 18 items in her possession - not linked to the Liew family - that she was suspected to have "fraudulently obtained" and for which she was accused of failing to give a satisfactory account of how she came to obtain them.

The items comprised six ez-link cards, a pawn ticket, brand-name bags and wallets, two watches and fashion accessories such as earrings and necklaces.

According to the charge sheet, the items were of "unknown value".

It is unclear if the brand-name goods, including a Miu Miu bag and two Prada wallets, were authentic.

These items were found on her at the airport when she returned to Singapore in December 2016 to find work after being fired by the Liew family on Oct 28 that year.

After her acquittal on the remaining charge, her lawyer, Mr Anil Balchandani, asked District Judge Eddy Tham to order the items listed in the charge to be returned to her.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Gabriel Lim said he would sort this out “offline” with the lawyer.

Mr Balchandani also asked for Ms Parti’s information to be removed from the criminal registry.

The district judge rejected this application, saying that she can take action if these charges are subsequently held against her.

After the hearing, a spokesman for the Humanitarian Organisation for Migration Economics told reporters that Ms Parti will return to Indonesia after resolving administrative matters.

Ms Parti has been staying at the shelter run by the migrant workers group since she returned to Singapore.  

In March last year, Ms Parti was found guilty on four counts of theft and sentenced to jail for two years and two months.

Last Friday, High Court judge Chan Seng Onn allowed her appeal. In a 100-page judgment, he found the trial judge's decision to convict her was unsafe.

The reasons included how the evidence was handled by the family members before they were photographed by the police five weeks later, and that two police statements were taken from the Indonesian without an interpreter.

The High Court judge also found that there was improper motive on the part of Mr Liew and his son Karl in making a police report against Ms Parti.

The Attorney-General's Chambers, the police and the Ministry of Manpower are now looking into the case.

Guest commoner

Just wonder if in front of the judge any commoner would receive any "mitigation" if he had done any good deeds and contributed to society.

It is laudable for those guys to speak out but in certain matters it is better so simply shut up and keep quiet.

Don't add more hurt on the commoners. Thanks

Guest re-employment of olderwork
20 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Look like LHL is having the last laugh, now that Ho Ching's crony left all his public posts! Lol! 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/liew-mun-leong-steps-down-as-chairman-of-changi-airport-group-surbana

Liew Mun Leong steps down as chairman of CAG, Surbana Jurong after ex-maid acquitted of stealing

In fact, Liew Mun Leong even passed the age of "re-employment of retired employees" which is currently set at 67 years with the age of 74 of Liew Mun Leong.

There had not been any other competent people to sit on these positions?

And why must one single guy sit on top of so many Chairman and Board of XYZ positions in such a small country?????????

Might he get bored in retirement and knowing too many secrets and would start writing biographies?

Was the reason he kept on working because the Government closed a lot of golf courses some years back?

ST:

SINGAPORE - Mr Liew Mun Leong has stepped down as chairman of Changi Airport Group and Surbana Jurong, days after the High Court acquitted his former maid of theft and raised questions about his motivations in lodging a police report against her.

He has also resigned from his positions as senior international business adviser at Singapore investment company Temasek and as a board member of Temasek Foundation.

In a statement on Thursday (Sept 10), Mr Liew, 74, said he had decided to bring forward his retirement from these roles.

Is there actually any maximum cap for salaries to be earned from all those positions?  Does any one here know this?

In some countries there would be a cap if you work for Government linked companies.

He should have stepped down earlier to facilitate for others to find employment who had been given notice due to the Covid-19 Employment Terminations....😁

Guest sacribution
12 hours ago, And then said:

Damn, you are so bitter:  he sacrificed his own maid and had to make his son confess for having worn undersized female undergarments by cross dressing.

He will go into the books in some years for having contributed to the liberalisation of gay rights in Singapore... Bet ya!

19 hours ago, fab said:

Exactly.

Unless he's a payless volunteer,  else please don't misuse the word contribute. 

He did help to "contribute" ar - into the pockets of rich shareholders and his own. Ownself fatten ownself pocket. Even make "profit" out of their maid by making her clean son's house and office for free. Such RICH contributions to society's RICH!

Feel sickened to the depths of my stomach. What they did not only warm, but really HEAT UP the cockles of my heart.🤬

What rotten integrity!

Edited by yuquidam

For a senior officer of Temasek to chastise the public for not hearing him out after the Court of Appeal judge Chan S O had written a 100-page judgement is utter stupidity, no less. A bird has better brain than that. Refuting the judgement outside the court room would only earn him a charge for Contempt of Court. What a bird brain!

Edited by yuquidam

a few things :

1. why moderator closed and locked a previous topic on this case, and also the topic on dee kosh? both cases are still ongoing? i can understand locking up the one on election after the election is over. 

2. liew stepping down is way over due. he is likely pressure by the various boards members to do so after the ugly truth of this case is exposed to public.

3. i still havent see any public apology by liew to the maid for tarnishing her name! the maid said she has forgiven liew but a public apology is appreciated.

4. and where's the compensation to the maid? this is on his conscious to set thing right. this compensation im talking about must come from liew in person, and has nothing to do with the legal system, or what the court further action will be.

If you read his latest statement, he isn't remorseful. Instead, he doesn't think he has done anything wrong in framing the maid. He rebutted:

“I genuinely believed that if there were suspicions of wrongdoing, it is our civic duty to report the matter to the police and let the authorities investigate accordingly,”
Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/i-dont-wish-my-situation-be-distraction-liew-mun-leong-retires-all-public-service-business

His son committed deceit and was found guilty in 2017, so why didn't he report his son to the police then? Didn't he say "it is our civic duty to report the matter to the police and let the authorities investigate accordingly”?

Really disgusting, full of lies and unrepentant, thinking the public is stupid.

You read what he said in the first trial, you can see that he was doing all he can to make the maid go to jail.

And now he retires, not sacked. He get don't know how many millions more from his retirement package. But if sacked, he won't get any retirement package.

7 hours ago, mith said:

1. why moderator closed and locked a previous topic on this case, and also the topic on dee kosh? both cases are still ongoing? i can understand locking up the one on election after the election is over. 

Yes, I also think this case and Dee Kosh's shouldn't be locked now. They are still ongoing. The moderators instead can remove any flaming posts from those threads, if any, and keep the threads open instead, for people to share and learn new information and perspectives.

Edited by happiness

Guest Satanic Dancer
22 minutes ago, Sizzler said:

Why do we need to be "cautioned" about forming our opinions? If Liew / Temasek have nothing to hide, why do they worry about what people think?

The Rich and powerful people's sensitive feelings need to be protected at all cost. Their lives live only on praises, flatters and make-belief glory. Anything outside that line "glam", must be silenced. You will see their own pack coming together to destract your thoughts and bring you back to idlolising them again.

Guest Guest fired back

Liew criticised DBS Land for leaving behind a big mess, while boasting his own achievements.

Former DBS Land CEO fired back at Liew: "Is it necessary to denigrate the work of others to glorify one’s own achievements?”

https://www.onlinecitizenasia.com/2020/09/11/ex-dbs-land-ceo-to-liew-is-it-necessary-to-denigrate-others-to-glorify-ones-own-achievements/?fbclid=IwAR2SVs5ypfkoze5kGBdvmeY-OwrMnWG3MQcreTYzNKzGqeQiNOOyoGH3kcE

6 hours ago, Guest Satanic Dancer said:

The Rich and powerful people's sensitive feelings need to be protected at all cost. Their lives live only on praises, flatters and make-belief glory. Anything outside that line "glam", must be silenced. You will see their own pack coming together to destract your thoughts and bring you back to idlolising them again.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest consumer
On 9/10/2020 at 11:17 AM, And then said:

Exactly, it doesn't takes a genius to run some property company that has a near monopoly of most shopping malls in Singapore. His biggest contribution was to sacrifice YOU as a consumer or merchant constantly increasing cost of doing business and passing it on.

The proverbial "face that launched a thousand ships" is often used to describe the unsurpassed beauty of Helen of Troy. for which a massive war was mounted on her behalf when that thousand ships were launched. But yet today, the face that launched a thousand ships which led to the war between Ho Ching's Temasek and LHL's AGC looks like that below. Hahahahahaha ... No wonder there are more gays around now compared to ancient Greece.

Changi Airport Group chairman Liew Mun Leong tells court he had suspected  maid of stealing for many years, Courts & Crime News & Top Stories - The  Straits Times

46 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

The proverbial "face that launched a thousand ships" is often used to describe the unsurpassed beauty of Helen of Troy. for which a massive war was mounted on her behalf when that thousand ships were launched. But yet today, the face that launched a thousand ships which led to the war between Ho Ching's Temasek and LHL's AGC looks like that below. Hahahahahaha ... No wonder there are more gays around now compared to ancient Greece.

Changi Airport Group chairman Liew Mun Leong tells court he had suspected  maid of stealing for many years, Courts & Crime News & Top Stories - The  Straits Times

woman are the downfall of man. A woman casued the down fall of a fine looking handsome man like Mun Leong. I say Mun Leong is a hot daddy. A full head of hair, a face thats wrinkled with knowledge, a body thats fit amd stout.

Mun Leong had done so much for singapore. He gave us the best malls, the best hotels, the best airport. Mun Leong had changed the way we shop, we dine and we enjoy life by travelling.

We gays must stand united with Mun Leong in his time of need. We must stand with mun leong and help him raise up like an Lion again!

#IstandWithMunLeong #BeBraveMunLeong #MeTooMunLeong #TimesUpMunLeong #BLMmunLeong #GaysWithMunLeong #HotDaddyMunLeong

57 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

woman are the downfall of man. A woman casued the down fall of a fine looking handsome man like Mun Leong. I say Mun Leong is a hot daddy. A full head of hair, a face thats wrinkled with knowledge, a body thats fit amd stout.

Sick Puking GIF by joonasjoonas

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

We gays must stand united with Mun Leong in his time of need. We must stand with mun leong and help him raise up like an Lion again!

But stand with him means we go against LHL's AGC leh....

But again hor... stand against him means we go against HC's Temasek... 

So how? Or maybe he turned into opposition supporter, so that's why he kenna condemned by AGC and tio sacked by Temasek?? 

emoji think GIF

• G_M changed the title to 4 months' jail for man who molested Scoot stewardess on board flight to Singapore
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.