Male HQ

My Experience from Masseur on BW Thread

I had a very bad experience with Joe @ Bartley just now. When I arrived inside his unit, he told me if I want to go shower, I need to do it fast cos he has a client at 5pm. I was late 7mins. Then the next thing he told me was if he had known that I was big size, he would have said no. I understand that he has health issues. But he never asked me in the first place if I'm big size or what. He could have been clear that he does not accept guys like me. So after arguing with him, he asked me if I could stop the massage. I said yes. What a time wasted.

On 11/12/2021 at 3:39 PM, GreggBaskins said:

I had a very bad experience with Joe @ Bartley just now. When I arrived inside his unit, he told me if I want to go shower, I need to do it fast cos he has a client at 5pm. I was late 7mins. Then the next thing he told me was if he had known that I was big size, he would have said no. I understand that he has health issues. But he never asked me in the first place if I'm big size or what. He could have been clear that he does not accept guys like me. So after arguing with him, he asked me if I could stop the massage. I said yes. What a time wasted.

I think it’s important to get the facts right  so that other readers do not have negative perception toward my service since you decided to blast it openly in this forum. If you recall it correctly, you are the one who said that I shouldn’t have even started the massage then. That’s why I said “ok let’s stop it”. And when you arrived, you took your own sweet time to change, shower and get ready. As you wanted a shower before the massage, I just informed you to make it a quick one as I have another customer at 5pm. I don’t think I am in the wrong to say that as I was just telling you and not rushing you per se. Please understand that I also need time to clean up the massage bed, toilet after each use and to prepare myself for the next customer. If you take it the wrong way, I apologise for it. 

Edited by Whitedays

To be fair, I would like to share my experience with @Whitedays

I remember also waited for awhile, before going up to his apartment. But it was not that big a deal for me. I don't typically arrange massage on a schedule packed day so long as the massage itself was enjoyable, that was what matter. He was not rude to me. Skill was very acceptable. Overall was a wonderful 6–7 out of 10

We all have our weakness, not everyone is a perfect business person who is savvy handling customers from all walks of life. We give and take a little, so the experience can be as comfortable as possible from both sides. I am certain it was just the wrong delivery of words on the wrong day that caused this. 

Joe had apologised and @GreggBaskins had voiced his frustration. So maybe... tat's a closure?

We go for massage to feel better  after our hard work feeling tired n aches from work. Not for fun. And every massuer need to make sure we leave their place feeling better n their customers ache or other issues have resolved. N NOT just make sure their cash drawer is full end of the day by scheduling customers as many as possible n close to each other. My point of view. Notice some home-based massuers are considerate enough by ensuring that we leave their premises with issues resolved. For eg. The waxer n massuer at serangoon and also wellness massage by ET near NEX. Slow n steady guys. God bless such people.

Edited by cutejack

On 11/17/2021 at 11:23 PM, likeexecmen said:

Joe does have a tendency to cancel as and when he pleases.

He'd confirm on a slot but will cancel later with some excuse.

It's probably coz he chooses his clients, so he'd confirm one first and then switch it out later depending on who he wants to service.

Ditched him already as there are quite a few to choose from these days.

The ones who continue to go to him will probably get tired of him and venture to the new kids on the block soon enough.

Joe makes a comfortable 5k a month from massages therefore he doesn't need my business. 

Now I support other budding masseurs. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 11:23 PM, likeexecmen said:

Joe does have a tendency to cancel as and when he pleases.

He'd confirm on a slot but will cancel later with some excuse.

It's probably coz he chooses his clients, so he'd confirm one first and then switch it out later depending on who he wants to service.

Ditched him already as there are quite a few to choose from these days.

The ones who continue to go to him will probably get tired of him and venture to the new kids on the block soon enough.

I suspect he may suffer withmental issue

Here is my two cents worth.

I’ve been to Joe a few times and for me his service has been good. Skill wise, he applies good pressure and his techniques are not repetitive. He is always very friendly to me and not a clock watcher. He did cancel of me once before, but that was in advance and he offered alternatives to reschedule. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/6/2022 at 3:17 PM, Loverofmassage said:

Emmanuel Retreat @ Havelock Road (In-call only)

Probably one of the most discussed massuer because of his pricing. So i decided to give it a try. And here is my two cents worth.

massage bed: Yes

Shower: Yes. Not attached.

Skill: 7/10

cleanliness: 6.5/10

ambience: 6.5/10

pricing: 3.5/10

First of all, The location is not too near to train station for now. Located at a older neigborhood. The massage room is nearer to the walkway but i didn't hear anything cause the room is kind of further divided. 

First impression of the place is well decorated. I do feel that the massage room was abit small. the room was kind of kept dark/lightly dim. the clock was quite big as it's neon in color but he rush through the process. 

He is definitely an above-average massuer with a touch sensual massage but he is able to pin-point knots and ease it. If you set your agenda right, He will probably be able to do a good job. His skill is a mixture of technique. So if you know what you prefer, i think you can let him know.

Why the cleanliness is lower, the toilet did have a tint of smell, might be the drainage but yeah, after you used the soap and shampoo, you won't be able to smell. The nice touch is fresh towel are given before and after massage. 

Ambience, most of the basic criteria are set in place, music, air-con, diffuser and dim-light. I think he did his best. Unless you have set a place to do this, it's abit hard. 

As for pricing, i think what was been discussed whether it's worth the price, my personal opinion, I won't pay that much not because he is not good but it's just too high a cut. I cannot justified. Yup. 

I did tried also, don't think I will return.

Probably one of the most discussed massuer because of his pricing. So i decided to give it a try. And here is my two cents worth.

First of all, The location is not too near to train station for now. Located at a older neigborhood. The massage room is nearer to the walkway but i didn't hear anything cause the room is kind of further divided. 

First impression of the place is well decorated. I do feel that the massage room was abit small. the room was kind of kept dark/lightly dim. the clock was quite big as it's neon in color but he rush through the process. 

He is definitely an above-average massuer with a touch sensual massage but he is able to pin-point knots and ease it. If you set your agenda right, He will probably be able to do a good job. His skill is a mixture of technique. So if you know what you prefer, i think you can let him know.

Why the cleanliness is lower, the toilet did have a tint of smell, might be the drainage but yeah, after you used the soap and shampoo, you won't be able to smell. The nice touch is fresh towel are given before and after massage. 

Ambience, most of the basic criteria are set in place, music, air-con, diffuser and dim-light. I think he did his best. Unless you have set a place to do this, it's abit hard. 

As for pricing, i think what was been discussed whether it's worth the price, my personal opinion, I won't pay that much not because he is not good but it's just too high a cut. I cannot justified. Yup. 

On 3/7/2022 at 2:31 PM, gstringuy26 said:

I did tried also, don't think I will return.

Thanks for trying and reviewing.

The price point is a bit too high for many of us to try randomly, so your feedback is helpful. An occasional splurge could be worthwhile if we’re getting rave reviews.

• G_M pinned and unpinned this topic

Lols I for one have never had issues with Hayes' massage being too soft. If you had requested for deep tissue massage I trust you would get the full feel of his strength.

Also his oils are blended fresh and with such quality oils his prices are fair. 

On 3/14/2022 at 8:08 PM, geizershow said:

Lols I for one have never had issues with Hayes' massage being too soft. If you had requested for deep tissue massage I trust you would get the full feel of his strength.

Also his oils are blended fresh and with such quality oils his prices are fair. 

Maybe those that prefers hard massage can try him, friendly guy and a bit stocky. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2022 at 3:04 PM, Loverofmassage said:

Hi Guys,

Back with some reviews. 😃

Hayes Home Based Massage ( Serangoon North)

Skill: 6/10

cleanliness: 7/10

ambience: 6/10 (Great Effort) 

pricing: 6.5/10

So managed to try Hayes. His skill on that day when i did my massage was ok. I preferred slightly stronger massage hence i only gave 6. But i do have feel if you like a relaxing massage. it's not too bad.

As for Cleanliness, it's a old place, not run down. He kept it nice and even though the room is small, it was ok. He re-arranged my clothing to make sure it's laid properly, i appreciate that. the toilet has not divider so the whole floor gets wet. He is clean, wiped his hands before touching my head.

Ambience else, music is played, light is dimmed. Something he can't control, there was a reno going on but thank god, only for awhile. 

I think pricing is ok. might not be the easiest to travel to in my opinion. 😃

Finally found time to visit Hayes over the Easter long weekend for a 60 minute session, after reading the review here.
Hayes has a soft spot for the beautiful monstera plant as can be seen in his wall decal, ornamental plant and head rest cover, etc. All are in the print of the green leafy plant nicknamed Swiss Cheese. So nice.
For me, no attached bathroom is ok. The common bathroom outside the room is fine. Location is also not an issue. Accessible by 103 from Serangoon or 116 from Hougang. 
More importantly, Hayes is friendly and skilful. His style is a mix of both long and short strokes. Very therapeutic and does wonders to my stiff shoulders.
Ambience is good and small gestures such as a warm towel and cup of water all add up to good service.
Thanks to loverofmassage for unearthing this gem.
"If you want to do something, do it well and do it beyond expectations." I think Hayes lives by this adage.
Looking forward to the next session with him.
That's all.

thank u @Loverofmassage for taking time to compile this list:

1. Chivas from Woodlands. (went 1 time).

2. Robin - A Trained Therapist That Does Outcall & Incall @ Tampines ( 1 time).
3. Dylan D’Bodywork ( 1
 time).

4. Leslie from Bedok (1 time). 

5. JD Studio @Serangoon ( 1 time).

6. SPA'DLITE ( 1 time).

7. Water Spa @ Chinatown  ( 2 times in 2022, about $90 for my 1st visit ).

8. KELVIN, Sago Lane ( 1 time in 2022).
9. 2nd floor near Toilet, PPC (cheated me of $20, 1 time in 2022).
10. Cloud Nine Body Care - Farrer Park MRT ( 2 times ).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I do plus size guys. 🫡

I do plus sized clients too. 👌🏽

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, 

I'm back, gonna be sharing a few of my experiences again. 😃 Here is the first one!

Healing Touch Spa In Jb (Malaysia) 

After the border reopens for a few months, i thought to just check out JB and since alot of people have mentioned this place before, i thought to go take a look. 

Here are the reviews

First impression: There is no signboard and it's on the third floor. So you need to press a doorbell and the gate will be unlock for you to climb up. So it's abit scary haha. 

Upon entering, there were a few guys, i think they are massuer playing mobile games and i was asked to enter "an office". It was very smoky if you have asthma, you should think twice. Choose a massuer and the package you want. 

1. massage bed: Massage is done on a bed in a room.

2 Shower: Yes but it's not attached and the shower room don't have very clean.

3. Skill: 5.5/10 - It's really so-so and i guess the whole intention is not massage. Sorry i'm abit slow to realise that.

4. Cleanliness: 5.5/10 - It's quite dim and dark so i'm really not sure. 

5. Ambience: 5/10 

6. Pricing: 6/10 - Because of our strong currency, i gave a 6 but based on MYR, i don't think it's worth.

So for me, it's a one time visit again. 😃

10 minutes ago, Loverofmassage said:

Hi all, 

I'm back, gonna be sharing a few of my experiences again. 😃 Here is the first one!

Healing Touch Spa In Jb (Malaysia) 

After the border reopens for a few months, i thought to just check out JB and since alot of people have mentioned this place before, i thought to go take a look. 

Here are the reviews

First impression: There is no signboard and it's on the third floor. So you need to press a doorbell and the gate will be unlock for you to climb up. So it's abit scary haha. 

Upon entering, there were a few guys, i think they are massuer playing mobile games and i was asked to enter "an office". It was very smoky if you have asthma, you should think twice. Choose a massuer and the package you want. 

1. massage bed: Massage is done on a bed in a room.

2 Shower: Yes but it's not attached and the shower room don't have very clean.

3. Skill: 5.5/10 - It's really so-so and i guess the whole intention is not massage. Sorry i'm abit slow to realise that.

4. Cleanliness: 5.5/10 - It's quite dim and dark so i'm really not sure. 

5. Ambience: 5/10 

6. Pricing: 6/10 - Because of our strong currency, i gave a 6 but based on MYR, i don't think it's worth.

So for me, it's a one time visit again. 😃

What kind of massage was it?

SPA @ Geylang / NO.1 Men's BWellness @ City Gate 

Been to both the geylang and city gate. In term of location, I would prefer Citygate but this is based on 2 location.

Geylang Branch

- First impression was abit run-down and rooms are partition but no door only curtains. Payment is collected immediately and have to take photo for "the boss".

1. massage bed: Yes.

2 Shower: I didn't ask for it as my experience was not nice. The first time, the massuer was like having a block nose. Second time, Massuer was in a rush.

3. Skill: 6.5/10 - The technique and all are there as i think they are kind of train but you will know if they are going through the motion or not.

4. Cleanliness: 5/10 -

5. Ambience: 4/10 - No Ambience

6. Pricing: 6/10 - Go during promo, quite affordable.

CityGate Branch

- First impression, they just took over the place which i think used to be a facial place and start operation asap. 

1. massage bed: Yes

2 Shower: Yes, it's like those portable one, the only thing is that it's transparent so everyone who walk past can see. 

3. Skill: 7/10 - It's not too bad. 

4. Cleanliness: 6/10 - Too fabric spray that makes me think they got re-use the towel. 

5. Ambience: 6/10 Got music. haha

6. Pricing: 6/10 - Go during promo, quite affordable.

Overall, you can go and try, i mean they got alot of massuer and i only try 3 so yeah. All the best guys!