Jump to content
Male HQ

Singapore Local Gay News [LGBT Related News] (Compiled)


GuestWriter
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest STUPID FOOLS LIKE YOU
On 2/28/2022 at 5:40 PM, Guest Guest said:

 

Good for you if you are paranoid and always fear of prosecution..

 

trickle down effects which are more harmful!!!... Please elaborate. Don't just cut off here after you have done your screaming. 

 

Your ignorance and stupidity is not my problem. Unless you are a handicap you can google it yourself...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

do not use the phone when at toilet, esp when u r one who couldnt control urges
Furthermore a Teaching professn educating future gens?! + higher SES socialeconomic status at condo yet still...
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/jail-fine-former-secondary-school-teacher-voyeur-video-film-investigation-officer-2581131
Jail, fine for former school teacher who took videos of students, colleagues and police officer in toilets

 


& stop using phones by joining telegram for fun and pics! for work purpose yes, feel free to use the phone but.........

 

Edited by Since u r here
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Caught by luck
On 3/23/2022 at 5:30 PM, Since u r here said:

do not use the phone when at toilet, esp when u r one who couldnt control urges
Furthermore a Teaching professn educating future gens?! + higher SES socialeconomic status at condo yet still...
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/jail-fine-former-secondary-school-teacher-voyeur-video-film-investigation-officer-2581131
Jail, fine for former school teacher who took videos of students, colleagues and police officer in toilets

 


& stop using phones by joining telegram for fun and pics! for work purpose yes, feel free to use the phone but.........

 

Police IOs are naturally quite neurotic and paranoid. He must also be quite narcissistic to think that people are filming him BUT only this time, he struck gold. 🤭

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2018 Safra swimming pool to siloso TOilet filing
https://www.zaobao.com.sg/realtime/singapore/story20220329-1257319?fbclid=IwAR33rANl8OebyxVumuM2tpbei_fDTsj6wPFtwzgQc8pdJkf2zoVv3vw9fPE
Fr Jp & sg
Shd be b4 Covid!
and then molest


 

一年内在男厕偷拍男童约50次,到了日本不忘继续偷拍一名男子和三名男童的臀部,还在大巴窑游泳池男厕内严重非礼一名男生,工程师上得山多终遇虎,一次偷拍时被逮着,最终入狱挨鞭。

被告梁卓良(译音,48岁)案发时是一名工程师,他面对51项抵触影片法令和一项严重非礼的控状。他在今天(3月29日)承认其中10项,余下交由法官下判时一并考虑后,被判坐牢23个月又四周,以及打鞭三下。w Whippings


and why ONLY boyz ??? not men? easier to Prey on??!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

 

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

 

结缘不结

不解缘

 

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

 

看穿不说穿

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I m wondering is the officer doing it for fun and he is abv mid-40s???!!

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/police-station-inspector-push-nsf-heads-criminal-force-2623796?cid=FBcna&fbclid=IwAR0jgXM-uB2zQxT1LXt_ltcY16duIEl-NilY0q5mvZQv_KoMNWhHx__Rj1U

 

Police station inspector fined for pushing the heads of 2 NSFs towards his groin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

 

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

 

结缘不结

不解缘

 

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

 

看穿不说穿

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/28/2022 at 3:35 AM, Guest You are a FOOL said:

Only brainless idiots like you will be fooled by their hollow words of sophistry. It's not just the prosecution but the trickle down effects which are more harmful!!!

 

He is not a brainless idiot.  He is simply a troll who enjoys heated discussions.

 

You are right that this ruling is a black eye in Singapore's judicial system.   It is clear like water that the intention of the ruling is to prevent the repeal of a law that cannot be applied for its intended purpose.  And now the purpose of this ruling is to preserve a tool for discrediting, humiliate a minority in the hands of people and institutions full of bigotry who have political power in the country.  

 

Guest Window Shoppers is right that 377A is maintained for display purposes only, a display of homophobia.

 

 

On 2/27/2022 at 8:59 PM, Guest News said:

 

In a way true as well, the repeal of 377A should be decided by the parliament and not the courts.

 

 

True as well?  Your parliament is driven by politics, while the courts SHOULD BE driven by jurisprudence.   Courts should be a watchful eye who decides what should be a law and what should be not, a protection against the idiocy of a parliament or congress.  

 

In America, the Supreme Court has the last world on what should or should not be a law.  We all see how corrupted Congress is.   However, as of late we also see how corrupt some judges of the Supreme Court are! 

DAMN!  Bad example!  Forget about America!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Ewww
On 4/13/2022 at 8:41 PM, fab said:

One look can tell he is gay. Not motivated by lust motivated by what? Humiliation of others? Would a gay man humiliate a lesbian by simulating sex with her? It is not funny but disgusting and humiliating!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Try and see
On 4/13/2022 at 8:41 PM, fab said:

 

Not sure if he's gay or straight, but he definitely looks like the kind of guy that no gay guy would want to fuck, and no girl would want to be seen with.

 

So the closest thing to sex that he can ever experience is to push people's head towards his groin.

 

Sad, pathetic man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
OOGACHAGA Hears YOU! Inviting your feedback about us.
 
Since 1999, Oogachaga has been supporting countless diverse members of Singapore's lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning & gender-diverse (LGBTQ+) community through our various services & programmes: counselling, community outreach, corporate engagement, training workshops, support groups & advocacy efforts. 
 
For the first time, we're inviting the community to tell us the impact of our work as an organisation. Will you please help us?
 
Oogachaga Hears YOU! is an anonymous, online survey with 20 short questions, which will take you approximately 8 mins to complete. Whether you're a former or current service user, workshop participant, ally or donor, or someone who may have just heard about us, we want to hear from you!
 
Please click on this link, and help us continue to do better: https://bit.ly/OChearsYOU2022
 
Thank you for helping us to continue supporting Singapore's LGBTQ+ community.
 

OC hears YOU.png

OogachagaCARE is an online counselling service by Oogachaga for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ+) community. You can also reach us at:

However, if you need to talk to someone urgently because you're in emotional crisis, feeling suicidal or affected by suicide, please consider:

Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 24hr suicide prevention hotline: 1-767 (1-SOS)

Oogachaga is a community-based, non-profit professional organization working with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ+) individuals, couples and families in Singapore since 1999. Visit us on www.oogachaga.LGBT / www.congregaytion.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Try and see

Man forced 14-year-old boy to masturbate

The man, who is 27 years older than the boy, also pressured his victim to become his 'brother' 

June 18, 2021
 

SINGAPORE – To escape punishment after he had violated a 14-year-old boy in 2005, Lim Leong Sze fled Singapore and was on the run for 10 years.

 

He absconded in 2010, shortly before he was to be charged for the offence, and was repatriated in February last year by the Malaysian authorities.

 

The 57-year-old Singaporean pleaded guilty in court on Friday (June 18) to one count of carnal intercourse against the order of nature under Section 377 of the Penal Code.

 

The court heard that Lim, who was a debt collector at the time of the offence, started talking to the Secondary 2 boy on Internet chat programme mIRC in September 2005, posing as a woman in her 20s under the moniker “Angel16”.

 

The two later moved their conversation to MSN Messenger, where Lim asked the boy, who would be 30 years old this year, to perform a sex act in front of a webcam.

Thinking Lim was a woman, the boy complied. Lim secretly filmed him.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Chua Ying-Hong said the boy suspected something was wrong when he got a call on his home phone from an unidentified caller.

He asked Lim whether he was a boy or girl but Lim did not reply. Wary, the boy blocked Lim on MSN.

 

Lim called the victim again and told him that he had video footage of him.

 

He told the boy to repeat what he had done on the webcam again, failing which he would post the clip on the Internet, or tell his father about the incident. The boy complied.

 

Lim, asking the boy to be his “brother” , then suggested they meet. Still worried about the video, the boy agreed.

Over soya bean drinks in Geylang, Lim showed the boy obscene videos before taking him to his office, where he performed a sex act on the teenager.

 

In shock, the boy moved away and said he was uncomfortable.

 

Lim took him to a pub before sending him home.

 

On Sept 25, 2005, Lim once again asked the boy to perform a sexual act in front of the webcam.

 

The boy refused and reported the matter to the police two days later. Lim was arrested on Sept 29, 2005.

 

Court documents did not state how Lim escaped, or how he was found by the authorities.

 

In mitigation, Lim’s lawyer Wee Hong Shern said no force or violence had been used on the victim and Lim’s scheme did not involve a great deal of sophistication.

 

He added that Lim is remorseful and wants to turn over a new leaf.

 

Lim is due to be sentenced on July 12.

 

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/man-blackmailed-teen-obscene-video-and-sexually-violated-him-fled-spore-10-years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

12 months' jail for HIV-positive man who had sex with 2 men without telling them of risks

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/hiv-positive-man-jailed-sex-2-men-1918381

SINGAPORE — While the authorities were investigating a man for having sex with another man without disclosing he had the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), he committed the same offence — this time, with a colleague.

On Tuesday (June 7), the 48-year-old Singaporean was sentenced to 12 months’ jail.

He pleaded guilty last week to one count of engaging in sexual activity without informing his partner of the risk of contracting HIV, with another charge taken into consideration for sentencing.

Under the Infectious Diseases Act, individuals who know they have HIV or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (Aids) have to tell their sexual partner of the risk. Their partners also have to voluntarily agree to accept the risk.

The accused cannot be named due to a court gag order, which is usually imposed in cases of accused persons who have HIV.

READ ALSO

HIV-positive individuals still face discrimination despite employment laws to protect them

His lawyer Sunil Sudheesan, who sought a high fine, said he will be filing an appeal against the sentence. Ministry of Health (MOH) prosecutor Andre Moses Tan had asked for 24 months’ jail.

The accused was diagnosed with HIV in July 2017 and has been receiving treatment in the form of antiretroviral therapy.

His viral load was found to be undetectable when he got tested roughly every six months from November 2017 to January this year. Court documents showed that his viral load was consistently under 20 viral copies per ml of plasma.

A doctor from the National University Hospital said in a memo that there was effectively no risk of transmission of HIV from someone with an undetectable viral load to a sexual partner, even if he did not use condoms during penetrative sex.

Mr Sudheesan added that his client had “erroneously thought” there was no need to disclose any risk of transmission of HIV to the victim since he could not sexually transmit it, and that he was also afraid of the stigma against the disease.

Nevertheless, the court heard that when he was diagnosed, he had been informed of the requirements under the Infectious Diseases Act.

WHAT HAPPENED

READ ALSO

More than 13 years’ jail for HIV-positive man who repeatedly had sex with underage girl he met at animal shelter

The court heard that the accused, who worked as a public relations consultant, first engaged in sexual activity at his home with the first victim on Oct 10, 2019.

He neither informed the other man of the risk of contracting HIV from him nor obtained his voluntary agreement to accept that risk, the MOH prosecutor told the court.

The next day, the Singapore Police Force informed MOH that the victim had alleged he was sexually assaulted by the accused. Court documents did not state how the victim found out about the accused’s HIV status.

The health ministry immediately began investigating the matter.

However, about one-and-a-half years later while investigations were still ongoing, the accused offered his male colleague a ride home in the late hours of April 23 last year.

They took a private-hire ride but decided to go to the accused’s home instead. When they got there, the accused took the other man to his home and asked if he wanted to have sex.

READ ALSO

HIV-positive man who donated blood gets 3 months’ jail, fine for lying about sexual history

The victim agreed “after some resistance”, Mr Tan told the court.

Mr Sudheesan, the accused’s lawyer, said his client had been drinking alcohol before that.

A few months later on Sept 30, a report was lodged with MOH when the victim revealed that the accused had performed oral sex on him without telling him he had HIV.

He was charged with the offences in October last year.

He could be jailed for up to 10 years, fined up to S$50,000, or given both punishments for each offence.

Edited by StockBottom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

this is unethical  , tks for sharing

On 6/7/2022 at 2:48 PM, StockBottom said:

A few months later on Sept 30, a report was lodged with MOH when the victim revealed that the accused had performed oral sex on him without telling him he had HIV.

and we shd take note that : we shdnt assume that undetectable means u r "cleared" , many kept assuming it
No Hiv means no hiv , undectable clearly means u r a Hiv carrier although small load (that applies to covid viral load too) 

 

  • The man was diagnosed with HIV in July 2017 and had an undetectable viral load with treatment
  • This meant he could not sexually transmit the infectious disease
  • His lawyer said that he thought this was why he did not need to inform his sexual partner

    may i confirm whether the same law ought to apply all kind of sexual acts incldg petting and other kind of possible sexually transmitted diseases too
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/7/2022 at 1:58 AM, Since u r here said:

this is unethical  , tks for sharing

and we shd take note that : we shdnt assume that undetectable means u r "cleared" , many kept assuming it
No Hiv means no hiv , undectable clearly means u r a Hiv carrier although small load (that applies to covid viral load too) 

 

  • The man was diagnosed with HIV in July 2017 and had an undetectable viral load with treatment
  • This meant he could not sexually transmit the infectious disease
  • His lawyer said that he thought this was why he did not need to inform his sexual partner

    may i confirm whether the same law ought to apply all kind of sexual acts incldg petting and other kind of possible sexually transmitted diseases too

 

More and more information is coming around about the potential infectiousness of people who follow the HIV antiviral treatment and have become "undetectable".  It seems that this infectiousness is practically zero.  This knowledge should remove most of the rejection for people who contracted HIV.

 

I have not read anything about the two with whom the HIV+ person had sex with.  Did they develop HIV too?  This should be a consideration in the sentencing of the case.

 

The law should take into account whether the "victims" contracted the virus,  and whether a test of the accused reveals an "undetectable" level or not.  If the undetectable is confirmed and the victims were not infected, the penalty should be minimum or simply a probation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Dunknoe
On 6/8/2022 at 9:27 PM, Steve5380 said:

 

More and more information is coming around about the potential infectiousness of people who follow the HIV antiviral treatment and have become "undetectable".  It seems that this infectiousness is practically zero.  This knowledge should remove most of the rejection for people who contracted HIV.

 

I have not read anything about the two with whom the HIV+ person had sex with.  Did they develop HIV too?  This should be a consideration in the sentencing of the case.

 

The law should take into account whether the "victims" contracted the virus,  and whether a test of the accused reveals an "undetectable" level or not.  If the undetectable is confirmed and the victims were not infected, the penalty should be minimum or simply a probation.


If the victim contracted the virus, this will be an aggravating factor that will make the punishment more severe. If the victim does not contract the virus, it is fortuitous and it is not a mitigating factor and will not result in sentencing discount. 
 

Probation is not a punishment suitable for offenders above the age of 21. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2022 at 9:08 AM, Guest Dunknoe said:


If the victim contracted the virus, this will be an aggravating factor that will make the punishment more severe. If the victim does not contract the virus, it is fortuitous and it is not a mitigating factor and will not result in sentencing discount. 
 

Probation is not a punishment suitable for offenders above the age of 21. 

 

This case shows how arrogant the law is in your country and how its intention is to punish, punish.

 

And how solid is this clause "without informing his sexual partner"?  If the sexual partner gives his consent, then there is no offense?  Does the consent need to be certified in writing?   What if the "victim" initially consented,  and then later claims that he did not?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i felt even if it is not "transmitted" still you are Hiv Poz, you should inform

e.g. a husband has just recovered from covid recently, before kissing gdbye his kids and wife, it is perfectly fine to just mentioned i just recovered from covid and i have low viral load 

there is nothing wrong with informing
it takes a few seconds to explain that " have been a poz w undetectable load"

THis is sg yes, i admit our laws are archaic, no doubt but what to do ?( if our pinkdot event could help to push? rather than..)
many discussion on forums and twitter:  u could participate there too



Sorry to say many have assumed medical advanced! and there are alot of pills to protect, nevertheless we must warn ourselves if we became poz with low viral load, we still  have to take a few seconds to inform 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reminds me a bit of this https://asia.gay/2020/12/02/coming-out-as-singapores-youngest-person-openly-living-with-hiv/

Serophobia!

 

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/forum/forum-review-infectious-diseases-act-after-hiv-positive-man-charged

 

Forum: Review Infectious Diseases Act after HIV-positive man charged

Action for Aids Singapore (AfA) is disturbed by this recent case (Jail for man who did not tell sex partners about HIV-positive status, June 8), in the light of current medical evidence on the transmission of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).

It was reported that the HIV-positive man sentenced for non-disclosure of his HIV status to two sexual partners was diagnosed in 2017, had been on treatment and had an undetectable viral load.

It has been scientifically proven in several large clinical studies that people living with HIV who are optimally treated with anti-retroviral medications and have suppressed viral loads in their bloodstream cannot transmit the HIV virus to their sexual partners.

This has been confirmed and endorsed by the World Health Organisation, international experts, and other scientific organisations.

It is therefore timely to review the law requiring notification of positive HIV status prior to sexual relations where people with HIV have been regularly attending follow-up consultations and faithful in their adherence to medications.

People living with HIV are still heavily stigmatised in society and the publicity over such cases makes things worse for them.

 

It also undoes the work that AfA and other organisations have been doing to reduce HIV-related stigma and discrimination, and reduces the effectiveness of the HIV control programme.

 

We therefore call upon the Ministry of Health to review the relevant parts of the Infectious Diseases Act.

Law reform is necessary to bring our legislation in concordance with current scientific evidence and biomedical advances.

Roy Chan (Professor)
President
Action for Aids Singapore

Sumita Banerjee
Executive director
Action for Aids Singapore

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2022 at 11:59 AM, Since u r here said:

There is nothing wrong with informing
it takes a few seconds to explain that " have been a poz w undetectable load"

In an ideal society where there's no stigma around hiv, I would agree that informing would be easy to do. But stigma around hiv still exists, and the act of hiv positive people informing the other party takes a lot of deliberation and courage to do especially since you dont have any idea how the other party may respond. And I think rejection is very common when you say you are hiv positive even before you can explain how undetectable works. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2022 at 10:59 PM, Since u r here said:

 

i felt even if it is not "transmitted" still you are Hiv Poz, you should inform

e.g. a husband has just recovered from covid recently, before kissing gdbye his kids and wife, it is perfectly fine to just mentioned i just recovered from covid and i have low viral load 

there is nothing wrong with informing
it takes a few seconds to explain that " have been a poz w undetectable load"

THis is sg yes, i admit our laws are archaic, no doubt but what to do ?( if our pinkdot event could help to push? rather than..)

 

 

You think like an intelligent person.  But not everyone is like this.  The arrogant professionals of law will argue that perhaps the law needs some change, but the law is the law and has to be enforced. So it does not matter if this victimizes some accused, who is (yuck) gay by the way. What is important is to preserve the purity of law enforcement.  This is the same attitude of religious professionals towards "divine law",  that it does not matter that it makes no sense, since "only God knows what his intentions are".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Get real

Fact is most gays are horny af. That is why viruses like HIV and Monkeypox keep on spreading mostly within the gay and bi community. If gay men don't know how to live a balanced life, let such viruses help teach them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Melvin
On 6/10/2022 at 8:40 AM, Guest Get real said:

Fact is most gays are horny af. That is why viruses like HIV and Monkeypox keep on spreading mostly within the gay and bi community. If gay men don't know how to live a balanced life, let such viruses help teach them.

when u said gay it means men right ?? 

So why dont u used word like most men , instead of gay ?? 

Most gay are horny , straight man are not is it ?? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2022 at 7:40 PM, Guest Get real said:

Fact is most gays are horny af. That is why viruses like HIV and Monkeypox keep on spreading mostly within the gay and bi community. If gay men don't know how to live a balanced life, let such viruses help teach them.

 

What a MISERABLE post!    So the HIV virus should teach gay men how to live a balanced life?  I hate to think what is "a balanced life" in your mind.  A life of virginity?

 

Viruses are not teachers.  Getting infected is not a lesson.  It is a sad misfortune that nobody deserves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2022 at 8:40 AM, Guest Get real said:

Fact is most gays are horny af. That is why viruses like HIV and Monkeypox keep on spreading mostly within the gay and bi community. If gay men don't know how to live a balanced life, let such viruses help teach them.

I guess by your definition of living a balanced life, one has to go church every Sunday, and only have sex once a week?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2022 at 3:26 PM, Since u r here said:

Every year such reports will surface on local mainstream media one week before Pinkdot. The crime was commited 4 years ago, police report made 2.5 years ago.

 

Police highly inefficient in solving crimes, but maintenance of negative image associations, recall and suggestions of same sex crimes with Pinkdot by the msm goes on like a well-oiled machine and clockwork every year.

Edited by Spugnatura
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pixar's Lightyear, with same-sex kiss, likely to be rated M18 in Singapore

 

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/entertainment/pixars-new-movie-lightyear-with-same-sex-couple-will-not-play-in-14-countries

 

SINGAPORE - At a recent press conference, actors Chris Evans and Taika Waititi held their ground over the inclusion of a same-sex kiss in their animated film Lightyear.

That scene has caused the film to be banned in 14 Asian and Middle Eastern countries. In Singapore, it is likely to receive an M18 rating from the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), the highest for a film from Pixar animation studio. 

It would restrict entry to those aged 18 or older. 

The rating is in keeping with standards set by another film featuring a same-sex couple, the Marvel superhero film Eternals (2021), which was similarly the highest rating received by a Marvel film. A classification for Lightyear is expected on June 14 or just before its release in cinemas on June 16.

American actor Evans, 41, responding to a question about the show of affection between the same-sex couple, says that films should “absorb the times and reflect it outward”.

In Lightyear, Evans plays the title character of the space explorer Buzz Lightyear. In the Toy Story universe, this movie inspires the creation of the toy of the same name found in the Toy Story film franchise (1995 to 2019).

In the film, Buzz's close friend is a female space ranger (voiced by American actress Uzo Aduba) who marries another woman. A scene showing milestones in the couple's relationship includes a brief kiss.

“That’s what people want out of movies,” says the actor, who rose to global prominence starring as Captain America (2011 to 2019) in the films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).

Quoting actress Julianne Moore, he adds that “the audience doesn’t come to see you, they come to see themselves”.

“And I think that is the world we are living in right now. That’s the right move - to have these kinds of representations, to have them find a home on the screen,” says Evans. 

His comments came before it was announced that several countries would ban the film. 

His co-star, the New Zealand film-maker and actor Taika Waititi, 46, plays Maurice “Mo” Morrison, a member of Lightyear’s team. Speaking at the same online conference, he says that he is “very happy” with how the same-sex couple was depicted in the film, saying it that was not a token portrayal. 

He hopes that one day, scenes featuring same-sex couples will not feel important enough to be commented on. 

Waititi says: “It would be nice to slowly, hopefully, get to a place where you don’t even have to think about it and it doesn’t have to be a talking point. Because that’s the world we want to get to. 

“Then we can actually focus on even more intense things that we have to worry about, you know?”

A Lightyear producer told Reuters that authorities in China had asked for cuts to the movie, which Disney declined to make, and she assumed the movie would not open there either.

Disney has not received an answer from Chinese authorities on whether they would allow the film in cinemas, Lightyear producer Galyn Susman said. But she said film-makers would not make changes to the movie.

China has rejected other on-screen depictions of homosexuality in the past. And homosexuality is considered criminal in many Middle Eastern countries. 

"We're not going to cut out anything, especially something as important as the loving and inspirational relationship that shows Buzz what he's missing by the choices that he's making, so that's not getting cut," Susman told Reuters at the movie's red-carpet premiere in London.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a big fan of wakeup.sg, but ...

 

https://wakeup.sg/both-parents-female-hdb-replaces-cartoon-after-people-with-too-much-time-read-too-much-into-it/

 

“Both parents female?” HDB replaces cartoon after people with too much time read too much into it

 

Iris Koh again 🤬

 

featured-image-post-1-2-750x375.png

 

hdb-disneyland-1-750x432.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Looks like they didn't like House Speaker Pelosi's hint some days ago...

MHA reminds foreign businesses in S'pore to be careful about advocacy of divisive issues like LGBT

 

SINGAPORE - Foreign businesses are reminded to be careful about advocacy on issues in Singapore that could be socially divisive, the Ministry of Home Affairs has said.

 

Such issues include those surrounding the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community, said the ministry in a statement on Thursday (Aug 4).

 

It was responding to media queries arising from United States House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's call for the business community in Singapore to support the LGBT community here as more American businesses are establishing offices in Singapore.

 

The ministry said that while foreign businesses are free to promote diversity in their companies, they should be careful about advocating such issues.

 

"These are matters for Singaporeans to discuss and come to a consensus on how to move forward," it said.

Mrs Pelosi was in Singapore on Monday, and led a group of six US congressmen on a visit to the Indo-Pacific region this week.

 
 

She and her congressional delegation met President Halimah Yacob, as well as Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan, at the Istana. They also had meetings with Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong and Senior Ministers Teo Chee Hean and Tharman Shanmugaratnam.

 

 

Mrs Pelosi also attended a reception organised by the American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore.

 

In a statement on the visit, she said: "We engaged with leaders of the business community and underscored the importance of public-private sector collaboration to foster strong economic growth across the region.

 

"We asked for their support for the LGBTQ community in Singapore, as more American businesses are establishing and adding offices in Singapore," she added.

 

The statement comes as the Government has been consulting various groups of Singaporeans on Section 377A of the Penal Code in recent months, as it decides on the next steps.

 

The law - which criminalises gay sex - is not actively enforced, a position that the authorities have reiterated since it was discussed at length in Parliament in 2007.

 

Last Saturday, Law and Home Affairs Minister K. Shanmugam said the Government is considering how best to balance the issue. He said that while many Singaporeans agree that sex between men should not be a crime, most also do not want the current position of marriage being between a man and a woman to be changed.

 

The minister also called for moderation from both sides - those for as well as against the repeal of Section 377A - and for them "to avoid extreme positions and demands".

 

 

 

Which also means companies registered in Singapore with foreign shareholders are not local companies???

Or does it say, Corporations and the business sector has no say when it comes to social, political or employment issues???

They cannot voice on local corporate issues? No???

And where do you draw the line?

 

Did the government realise that LGBT is also a manpower, HR issue?

 

What happened to their words on "inclusive" society?

 

 

Edited by singalion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/4/2022 at 2:18 PM, singalion said:

Looks like they didn't like House Speaker Pelosi's hint some days ago...

MHA reminds foreign businesses in S'pore to be careful about advocacy of divisive issues like LGBT

 

SINGAPORE - Foreign businesses are reminded to be careful about advocacy on issues in Singapore that could be socially divisive, the Ministry of Home Affairs has said.

 

Such issues include those surrounding the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community, said the ministry in a statement on Thursday (Aug 4).

 

It was responding to media queries arising from United States House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's call for the business community in Singapore to support the LGBT community here as more American businesses are establishing offices in Singapore.

 

The ministry said that while foreign businesses are free to promote diversity in their companies, they should be careful about advocating such issues.

 

"These are matters for Singaporeans to discuss and come to a consensus on how to move forward," it said.

Mrs Pelosi was in Singapore on Monday, and led a group of six US congressmen on a visit to the Indo-Pacific region this week.

 
 

She and her congressional delegation met President Halimah Yacob, as well as Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan, at the Istana. They also had meetings with Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong and Senior Ministers Teo Chee Hean and Tharman Shanmugaratnam.

 

 

Mrs Pelosi also attended a reception organised by the American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore.

 

In a statement on the visit, she said: "We engaged with leaders of the business community and underscored the importance of public-private sector collaboration to foster strong economic growth across the region.

 

"We asked for their support for the LGBTQ community in Singapore, as more American businesses are establishing and adding offices in Singapore," she added.

 

The statement comes as the Government has been consulting various groups of Singaporeans on Section 377A of the Penal Code in recent months, as it decides on the next steps.

 

The law - which criminalises gay sex - is not actively enforced, a position that the authorities have reiterated since it was discussed at length in Parliament in 2007.

 

Last Saturday, Law and Home Affairs Minister K. Shanmugam said the Government is considering how best to balance the issue. He said that while many Singaporeans agree that sex between men should not be a crime, most also do not want the current position of marriage being between a man and a woman to be changed.

 

The minister also called for moderation from both sides - those for as well as against the repeal of Section 377A - and for them "to avoid extreme positions and demands".

 

 

 

Which also means companies registered in Singapore with foreign shareholders are not local companies???

Or does it say, Corporations and the business sector has no say when it comes to social, political or employment issues???

They cannot voice on local corporate issues? No???

And where do you draw the line?

 

Did the government realise that LGBT is also a manpower, HR issue?

 

What happened to their words on "inclusive" society?

 

 

 

Which is probably why foreign businesses hesitate to hire and train sinkies for good jobs.

 

Can't even voice basic human rights; forget about executing big innovations that will disrupt everyone (eg. look at how many years it took to allow electric vehicles to enter Singapore). 

 

We're just a great place for foreign businesses to park capital, not to grow. Better to invest resources and grow in places that have basic human rights.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 5:31 AM, Luciusc said:

 

Which is probably why foreign businesses hesitate to hire and train sinkies for good jobs.

 

Can't even voice basic human rights; forget about executing big innovations that will disrupt everyone (eg. look at how many years it took to allow electric vehicles to enter Singapore). 

 

We're just a great place for foreign businesses to park capital, not to grow. Better to invest resources and grow in places that have basic human rights.

Please la. You think foreign business is so vocal meh. 

 

Look at blizzard game company, sexual harassment. Google got case where they fired employee for critising company. Or was it Facebook? 

 

Isn't tesla also like that? About working from home then musk said if you want to work from home, you can pretend to be working somewhere else. 

 

Its only dumb local who have no world view and perception. 

 

You want to fight for basic right? Go march. Go speak. Go protest. Go educate. Go host townhall. Go do stuff. Instead of expecting foreign business to throw money to make advertisement to fight for your cause. 

 

Business exists to sell stuff. The moment business start preaching ideology and shit. You'll have cake shop who refuse to sell cake to gay people. You'll have hotel cancelling on lgbt ceremonies.... 

 

Business should be neutral. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/10/2022 at 7:14 PM, Guest Business said:

Please la. You think foreign business is so vocal meh. 

---

Business should be neutral. 

 

Business should be neutral?  Sure! 

 

Slavery used to be a business.  The slave handlers didn't kill their slaves, they even protected them because they were their merchandise.  But anything else, that was their personal problem.

 

Safety belts and anti-lock brakes in cars are not business neutral.  They cost money.  Leaving out trans-fats from food products is not business neutral.  They have to be replaced with more expensive components.

 

You should come to the US and join the Republican party.  Then you can fight against government regulations, that burdens businesses with dictates that increase costs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
counter