Male HQ

Swimmers club

begleitung

On 8/8/2020 at 2:01 PM, axefactor said:

More like they spit in the water. Usually it's the old folks who have horrendous awful habits, not only do they spit in the water, you can also hear them clearing their throats continuously in the showers. That's why these days I wear my slippers while showering.

That is really grossss. Sometimes u hear them doin that throat clearing at the pool 2

On 8/8/2020 at 2:01 PM, axefactor said:

More like they spit in the water. Usually it's the old folks who have horrendous awful habits, not only do they spit in the water, you can also hear them clearing their throats continuously in the showers. That's why these days I wear my slippers while showering.

I thinkk i shld do that 2. 

thk goodness ocbc pool is not like that. 

Telegram Swim Gang - https://t.me/joinchat/NrawbBv7Gs1dz_uop3OA5Q 

Group started in end June and now we have 29 members.  We have also grouped the group by location to facilitate swim meet.  some have also met for swim  :)   and SAFE Distancing adhered too :)   

Feel free to join...

Went for a swim at amk 2 weeks back. Felt that 1hour was kinda short. 1hr30min is more ideal.

They are very strict with the timeslots as there is a next batch of swimmers waiting at the gantry as I exit.

Also not sure why bishan pool isn't open :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 4:52 AM, Kev Ng said:

Telegram Swim Gang - https://t.me/joinchat/NrawbBv7Gs1dz_uop3OA5Q 

Group started in end June and now we have 29 members.  We have also grouped the group by location to facilitate swim meet.  some have also met for swim  :)   and SAFE Distancing adhered too :)   

Feel free to join...

How is the grp so far

17 hours ago, swimming_trunk said:

Anyone here swims in the east? 

Whr exact?

by the way, went 2 clementi 4 this week n saw a chap was allowed 2 suntan. In case people r into that. Mayb the guards did not care as it was just one person doin. The deck chairs were at the shallower / farther from entrance pool. 

1 minute ago, begleitung said:

Dats y the difference 

initially i thought the pool content wld b tested and treated 2 international standards 4 sure, but i was just wondering y the perceived tastee difference. Now dat u mentioned it. 

Hehe.. some activesg pools pour in chlorine like no need money... the water irks the skin so much even leave a layer of chlorine after u bathe, u fe yr lips auto will know why the water diff.. ocbc water better maybe becos of better swim ettiq, activesg .. u know la.. public pool.. alll kinds of uncles, kids .. spit n pee etc all in ..

32 minutes ago, Enci said:

Hehe.. some activesg pools pour in chlorine like no need money... the water irks the skin so much even leave a layer of chlorine after u bathe, u fe yr lips auto will know why the water diff.. ocbc water better maybe becos of better swim ettiq, activesg .. u know la.. public pool.. alll kinds of uncles, kids .. spit n pee etc all in ..

Woww, have u seen them doin that before?

the pouring. 

i feel my hair is less sticky afterr swimming at ocbc than the activesg pool. Nevertheless i m thankful 4 the safe and affordable pool entries, compared 2 elsewhere. 

9 hours ago, begleitung said:

the pouring. 

i feel my hair is less sticky afterr swimming at ocbc than the activesg pool. Nevertheless i m thankful 4 the safe and affordable pool entries, compared 2 elsewhere. 

Its an open secret.. try the water at jurong lake gardens.. confirm u know th diff, that very much explains the ppl swimming there.

10 hours ago, begleitung said:

the pouring. 

The only clean n pour n test the water before opening n after closing..

U should try hong kong tung chung pool.m  terribly nice.. during winter. The pool becomes warm. Water silky soft with mild fragrance.

Edited by Enci

6 hours ago, begleitung said:

Kb. 

i wonder if its the same in other pools 2, whr classes r allowed againn in evenings. 

i will writee 2 them 2 alloww afternoon use on weekdays. 

Wah this must feedback to them. It’s just not fair to public pool users le. The swim classes are allocated slots but they end up eating into the public’s and causing crowd and unsafe environment. 

33 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

Wah this must feedback to them. It’s just not fair to public pool users le. The swim classes are allocated slots but they end up eating into the public’s and causing crowd and unsafe environment. 

Exactly. It started last week but i think they r aware of it. It was the day the activesg ceo e-mailed everyone informing of the changes etc. I don’t think there is bigger crowd, just fewer slots / lanes for other swimmers, i guess. The crowd number stays the same. The blocked off 2 lanes for lessons. 

This was what he conveyed:

5. Data has also shown that the demand for peak hour swimming class slots are somewhat higher than off-peak slots i.e. (demand at Our Tampines Hub and Hougang is more than thrice the supply, while Heartbeat@Bedok, Sengkang, and Bukit Batok is twice). As such, the coaches may not be allocated their preferred slots and adjustments to the children’s swimming classes will have to be made. We seek your kind patience and understanding as we actively explore ways to free up more slots for all users, whilst still keeping within the safety management measures.“

6 hours ago, begleitung said:

The writer made some valid points there. I also agree with him. 
There will be more easing measures in Oct. Hope to see something positive from SSC 

Past 2 weeks experiences at Katong Swimming complex were nightmares!

Already limited time to swim.. half of the lanes reserved for those trainers 😔 often bumped into other public swimmers in remaining public lanes 😖

Gee.. cnt they train elsewhere or other timing! Underage for early 6+ and 7+ morning slots yet evening with them training.. For us who work from 8am to 7pm, this is farking annoying! what kind of regulations ... really dnt make freaking sense!

Does anyone know why dont they reserve morning slots exclusively for seniors 8+ morning onward?

Sigh...

Edited by Geo

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.