Male HQ

Pink Dot Event Discussion (2007 to Present Day) (compiled)

reflection

Guest Aiyoh

This Visitors is picking a fight with his favourite punching bag Ironrod... again.

It's like the 7th or 8th time visitors is purposely picking on ironrod.

Don't forget visitors also trolled Girl on quite a number of occasions, and for that matter, justgymguy as well.

This Visitors is a quarrelsome bitch!

Moderators must take note and ban this querulous, pretentious and presumptious ass who loves picking bitch fights.

Guest PinkDot

Supporting for the first time this year with my sister. Anybody knows how long is the event. I need to work and will only reach 7+pm

WHAT: PINK DOT 2012

WHERE: Hong Lim Park

WHEN: Saturday, June 30, 2012

WHAT TO BRING: Pink lights!

WHAT TO WEAR: Of course, PINK!

TIME: Activities commence 5.30pm, Concert begins at 6.30pm, Dot is formed at 7.30pm, or when it is sufficiently dark

First Night Pink Dot lights up Hong Lim Park

http://pinkdot.sg/more-than-15000-singaporeans-at-pink-dot-2012/

Fourth Pink Dot outshines previous records, with over 15,000 Singaporeans coming together in a dramatic spectacle of glowing torches, light sticks and mobile phones to celebrate the freedom to love

Pink-Dot-2012-Formation_low-res-682x1024.jpg

Singapore, June 30, 2012 – Tonight, over 15,000 Singaporeans turned Hong Lim Park into a sea of shimmering pink lights, for the first-ever night Pink Dot. For the fourth time since 2009, thousands of straight and LGBT Singaporeans came together to celebrate inclusiveness, diversity and the freedom to love, with the formation of a giant Pink Dot in Speakers’ Corner. This was a 50% increase over last year’s number, continuing a four year trend of growth.

An annual event that aims to raise awareness and foster deeper understanding of the basic human need to love and be loved, regardless of one’s sexual orientation, Pink Dot has become one of the most visible and well known events for inclusiveness and diversity in Singapore. It has inspired similar events around the world and has helped bring together Singaporeans in a way that promotes love without antagonism.

Pink Dot spokesperson Paerin Choa said: “Each year, thousands of Singaporeans come together to affirm their support for inclusivity and diversity, and it is a humbling experience to see the number of participants increasing and that so many are supportive friends and families of LGBT individuals.”

“Each Pink Dot, we hear many stories of how the event has brought families and friends closer together, and helped LGBT people feel positive about their sexuality or gender identity. This is extremely encouraging and it is Pink Dot’s goal to engender an appreciation of Singapore’s diversity – regardless of race, language, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.”

Prior to the formation of Pink Dot, participants were treated to a line-up of some of Singapore’s favourite celebrities during the Pink Dot 2012 Concert and addresses were made by Pink Dot 2012’s ambassadors, actor Lim Yu Beng, comedian Kumar, and former TV-personality-turned-resident-faghag Sharon Au.

“Straight people take family support for granted yet this may not be possible for many LGBT individuals,” said Sharon Au, Pink Dot 2012 ambassador. “Imagine living in isolation, and not being able to share their pains, sorrows, hopes and aspiration. That is the reality of many LGBT people in Singapore, and I encourage Singaporeans to break through this barrier to their LGBT friends and family members, and to show that you support their freedom to love.”

“They may live in fear of your disapproval, even though you are already aware and are just waiting for them to open up. Take that first move, reach out and show that you care and love them without prejudice.”

In 2009, the inaugural Pink Dot was attended by 2,500 people. In 2010, this figure nearly doubled, to 4,000, and in 2011, more than 10,000 people came out in support of the freedom to love.

“This is a beautiful, glowing Pink Dot but we need to go a step further beyond tonight and take this glow with us when we leave,” said Actor Lim Yu Beng, Pink Dot 2012 ambassador. “We need to love ourselves, love each other, and love the community we are going back into. Because as long as discrimination and prejudice, media censorship or 377A are around, we know that there’s still a lot to be done in this society.”

“However, we can fight fear and ignorance with love and acceptance, because every light we shine, every piece of ground we stand on, helps shade and fill in the gaps in this beautiful red and white we live on.”

Pink Dot 2012 was held at Hong Lim Park on June 30th, and pictures and videos of the Pink Dot formation, celebrations and participants are available at the below links.

Video: http://wtrns.fr/Xb98iZK53xcmCsa

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pinkdot/

Visit Pink Dot’s blog: http://pinkdotsg.blogspot.com/

View Pink Dot’s videos: http://www.youtube.com/pinkdotsg

And join our facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/pinkdot

The forming with the pink lights looks so beautiful and nice! And the turnout is getting bigger and bigger, really a great and successful event. :thumb:

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Guest Pink Pong Ball

Nice pink gallaxy. Day or Night the big gay family never fail to come together with a common purpose - that gay people will forever be part of this society. The pink light is to shame this undecisive govt for keeping 377A which is the most discriminative sign against gay people. I am sure the collective pink light have also touched the root of God's love. If gay people don't go to heaven, who will.

It truly gets better for all of us! I might have missed most of the event as I was late but seeing the huge turnout warms my heart! I was there with my sister, my buddy, my cousin and her girlfriend. We ate at BBQ Chicken after that and went CU KTV Pub. Nevermind I lost my voice due to bronchitis, or I had to work the whole day. I just felt that Singapore is getting better in accepting our community. Freedom to love baby!!

Edited by ewannatic

Was in couple shirt with my bf.

Event is good. As usual, the forming of the dot is the highlight. Pink light is a really good idea, it's heartwarming.

Edited by derryfawne

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Much love to the organizers! I felt I really belong to this massive group of people. I also felt the warmth and love when we all sang True Colors!

Btw, what's with guys and their dogs last night? Seen a few of them around. Some of the dogs even had pink accessories. LOL. The dogs and some of their owners were extremely cute! *Melts*

PLAY was happenin' last night! I was with friends who knew how to have a good time so it was dancing like there's no tomorrow. There were also a lot of women in the club. I assume they're our lesbian friends having a good time. Made the dance floor more exciting than ever!

Overall, it was really a memorable night. =)

Edited by radialhead

Although the State Flag fly-pass (from NDP combined rehearsal) was not planned, but it really tied in nicely for the surprise Majulah Moment at Pinkdot to show an inclusive Singapore someday (that's the theme for this year too!).

Edited by yiswim

An alternate profile | http://www.dudesnude.com/members/885057/

Guest Windom

It was a really beautiful Nite~~!! lots of Pink and love and understanding~~So looking forward to the next Pink Dot and hopefully we can burst the park soon and moving on to a bigger place HAHA

I attended PinkDot for the fourth time today. I was so proud. So beaming proud. We have done it again. We, the people of Singapore, the lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgendered, queers, questioning, curious, undecided, and our straight friends, families, colleagues and loved ones, have done it again.

I was so proud.

I was so proud that we could stand here together, once again, in a sea of pink, believing and knowing that we have the freedom to love, knowing that if we have the commitment and dignity to love whom we love genuinely and sincerely, and to be loved in return, that we can continue to live our lives with pride, with honesty and with our strength in belief, that we are leading fulfilling, proud and inspirational lives, as our own.

As the helicopters flew over with the Singapore flag and we start serenading to the national anthem, my heart beamed with so much pride. I am a Singaporean. I am a proud Singaporean, living in a place, where even if there was 377A, or even if our society is perceived as being conservative, I can be here, I can be who I am, I can be proud that I am someone whom I can respect, and whom can live a life like all of us here, proud, and affirmed. I sang the national anthem with pride. Never have I felt so much pride for Singapore and my fellow Singaporeans before.

As the jet planes flew past next, it felt almost like a sign that our government was blessing us with their congrats – our pride, our reason to be. It was almost we are together as one, regardless of race, language or religion, and sexual orientation, as host Lim Yu Beng, had said. Indeed, we were – families with strollers. A single father with his adopted child. Gay friends dressed in dynamic costumes. Everyone, in every creed, dancing alive to the music and even if they were standing awkwardly on the grass patch, today, once again, we have been affirmed of who we are, and we know today, we can walk on, head held high, knowing that we are proud individuals who can show others that love is who we all are, and love is who we will take pride in, and have the freedom to be, because we know what being committed to love, being genuine in love and being sincere in love is.

Even if tomorrow, we go back to work or school, or back to our homes, and things may look the same, but we know, inside, we have grown. We are able to hold our esteem high within ourselves and continue to believe in who we are, what we can do, and really, be ourselves – happy and free.

I am very grateful to the organisers for PinkDot for dreaming up this amazing ideal – the freedom to love – and to continue to reinvent themselves. Indeed, today, it did felt like the National Day Parade (NDP), but one that we truly feel for, are grateful and proud of, and are truly happy to be part of. As a friend had remarked, PinkDot is better than NDP.

I cannot put in words the immense pride, dignity and fulfillment I have, as I stood today, shining my pink light up into the sky, as all us of came together to form the PinkDot, as we sang our hearts out, under the stars, knowing that things can be better, will be better, and that we are part of what will make things better. I was beaming so proudly, as I looked to the faces of those around me, the hope in their eyes, the belief, the happiness and the knowing – that yes, things are better, and we have come this far, and can only go further.

As the PinkDot illuminated itself in the night, it felt as if all our lives have been illuminated, that our hopes are renewed and our faiths inspired.

I believe, and I know, together, we can, and we will – we will lead fulfilling, happy lives that we are proud of, with dignity and strength, and that we can have the freedom to love, be committed in loving relationships, and be blessed by the people around us, because simply, love is who we are. And today, we have come together, to show love, love, and be loved in return. And to let our love expand and be lit, as a beacon of hope to all LGBTQs, our straight friends and all alike.

Thank you PinkDot for an amazing fourth year running, and more to come. Thank you for making me feel alive and proud. I am grateful, from the bottom of my heart. 

Just wondering... Who from BW attended? I did...

Me! But I was so bored throughout although I was there to show my dedicated support for our community. I only enjoyed the PinkDot exhibition area and lighting-up formation of the pink dot.

안녕하세요.

Guest Guest

It was a really beautiful Nite~~!! lots of Pink and love and understanding~~So looking forward to the next Pink Dot and hopefully we can burst the park soon and moving on to a bigger place HAHA

The organizers need to start thinking where and how to hold the next Pink Dot at the rate we are GROWING! I'm sure we can grow bigger and BIGGER and invite many more of our friends and family to join us. The best thing about Pink Dot is it's so pro-family. Someday everyone will be able to openly love whoever they love and get married and have children to boost our fertility rates. LGBTQ people should do their part to boost Singapore's fertility rate too! :)

Guest kong hee

can we do it indoor at suntec the next time (air con). using the venue from City harvest church. am sure kong hee fatt choy will welcome us.

Guest Guest

can we do it indoor at suntec the next time (air con). using the venue from City harvest church. am sure kong hee fatt choy will welcome us.

donate your 10% income every month, you'll be welcomed.

Guest Freedom

Its abt post regards to a day abt us....pls dun get something that sensitive involve.....might trigger war....

• G_M changed the title to Pink Dot Event Discussion (2007 to Present Day) (compiled)
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.