Male HQ

Singapore Local News! + Crime & Punishment (Non Gay) (Compiled)

pinkslut

Master 仙人掌 care to comment to the feng shui of the place, why are the so many incidents happening?

老师不资格称Master。

仙人掌are you going to be at the blowingwind party?We want to consult you.

Dresscode theme not suitable for me. 也没有素食。

老师倒是想帮guests看大纲运势(劫数年份)罢了,其他的不看。纯粹contribution to the party.

有几群人老师不太要应酬,
1. 来问爽的。
2. 不信鬼神的。

再说吧。
Edited by 仙人掌

• 4 weeks later...

A Dark haired , brown skinned Caucasian woman who lost her marbles , suspectedly using somesort of mind altering substance have lost her marbles and decided to replace her lost marbles by collecting some souvenir from moving art piece sculpture , the raindrops , at our Changi Airport.

It will be interesting to see what kind of punishment and compensation our airport will get from this woman who lost her marbles and wanted to replce them with the raindrops . LOL

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/woman-shown-grabbing-at-kinetic-rain-installation-at-changi-airport-061530881.html

Woman shown grabbing at Kinetic Rain installation at Changi Airport

By Jeanette Tan | Yahoo Newsroom – 2 hours 16 minutes ago

• 3f7970b4-4e1e-49dc-8406-7e673a6fef91_138

Yahoo Newsroom - This collage of a woman grabbing the metallic droplets of the "Kinetic Rain" installation has been circulating social media on Saturday and Saturday. (Photo from Facebook)

(UPDATE on 3 November, 3:33pm: Adding statement from Changi Airport and eyewitness account.)

Pictures and video footage of an unidentified woman grabbing at part of the "Kinetic Rain" installation were circulating social media on Saturday and Sunday.

The woman, who was wearing a white dress, appeared to have climbed over the railing at Changi Airport Terminal 1 and onto a metallic safety netting below part of the installation, where she is pictured in a series of photographs grabbing bunches of the metallic "raindrops".

A video on Facebook also shows the woman climbing back out and over the railing, with one "raindrop" in hand. A guard is also seen in the video asking her to reach out her hand to him so he can pull her back up.

97ffcea6-8789-4e60-9cf5-17bb77d2a115_kinA picture of the damaged "Kinetic Rain" exhibition at Changi Airport Terminal 1 on Sunday afternoon. (Yahoo ph …

When Yahoo Singapore visited the scene at Terminal 1 on Sunday afternoon, the affected installation was

found to be tangled up, while the movement of other portion of the artwork was turned off. Glass droplets littered the ground and the area was cordoned off.

Eyewitness Doreen Teo, who snapped and uploaded the pictures of the woman onto Facebook, told Yahoo Singapore the woman had already climbed over the railing and was under the installation by the time she had arrived at the scene.

Teo, who was at the airport to send her mother off on a trip, said the woman had a "blur" and listless expression on her face, and was ignoring the calls of customer service staff and airport security.

"Initially I thought she was performing or doing some kind of stunt there," said Teo, explaining why she, alongside crowds of others who were already there, pulled out her phone to snap a couple of pictures. "After that, I noticed staff calling out to her, and police officers started chasing us away to one side."

Teo said the woman repeatedly pulled at the "raindrops", successfully snapping one from its strings and tying it onto one of her hands. She then recounted her precarious crawl from the metal netting and across a thin metal wire to the railing on the other side, where the airport security and customer service staff were.

"People were telling her to stop and don't move, but she ignored them and walked over. She also refused help from the police standing there, but got help from another person. She didn't want to hold the policewoman's hand," said Teo.

"The whole time she looked like she was on some sort of medication — she just looked very blur," Teo added, noting that when she finally spoke in response to questions from airport staff, she did not respond in English.

Repairs planned for installation

When contacted by Yahoo Singapore, a Changi Airport spokesperson said, "The Kinetic Rain sculpture at Terminal 1 was damaged by a member of public yesterday. We have referred the matter to the police and our engineers are arranging for the sculpture to be repaired."

A police spokesperson said that police received a call at about 8:28am on 2 November for assistance at "a building along Airport Boulevard". He said, "Upon police arrival, a woman in her 30s was arrested under the Mental Health Act." He added that investigations are ongoing.

First erected in July last year by German design house Art+Com, the "Kinetic Rain" sculpture consists of two segments which use 1,216 aluminum droplets coated in bronze, individually attached to motors located in the ceiling.

The droplets transform into various shapes by moving up and down, and the patterns are controlled by a special custom software.

Here's what it is supposed to look like:

Was it a Caucasian lady? My friend is convinced that it is a PRC.

Their compatriots must be proud that at least they are capable of something else other than streetwalking in Geylang.

Lol. You shd crawl back to your cave. What you suggest singapore do? Cut off all ties with.China? Lol.

The PAP lapdog lackey is putting words in others' mouths again...

Be it a foreigner, PR or Singaporean, it is an unfortunate incident that the water droplet sculpture has been damaged and requires repair works.

What is even more unfortunate is that nobody (her family members or friends) of this lady notice of her mental health.

The only fortunate issue?  Nobody is hurt in this incident.

Guest Raiden Alpha

She has commited an act of vandalism in Singapore. She should be charge under this act.

Not under charges of mental unstability. For those who don't know,by doing so it lessen the nature of the crime considerably.

It led me thinking the establishment is again protecting diplomatic ties at the expense of a nation integrity again.

Still want to pamper and lure the outsiders in to buoy up votes for political survival?

lol this must be the most exciting thing that's happened at changi airport recently. i for one am exceedingly amused by her stupidity

The most exciting thing now in sg is the messiah :rolleyes:

Guest Raiden Alpha

The most exciting thing now in sg is the messiah :rolleyes:

When are they coming? I heard its 5/11/2013?

I hope they default my 30 years mortgage and change my Ns status to ROD.

Adding a few zero in my bank and cpf account is also very welcome too. Haha:D

Of course she ought to be severely punished.  But then if it is not an "isolated" incident of a crazy woman, do you have a conspiracy theory?  Or proof that similar sabotage acts occur on a regular basis?

Lol. You shd crawl back to your cave. What you suggest singapore do? Cut off all ties with.China? Lol.

These two axxholes are sleeping together to push forummers out of BW here.

She has commited an act of vandalism in Singapore. She should be charge under this act.

Not under charges of mental unstability. For those who don't know,by doing so it lessen the nature of the crime considerably.

It led me thinking the establishment is again protecting diplomatic ties at the expense of a nation integrity again.

Still want to pamper and lure the outsiders in to buoy up votes for political survival?

Huh hello. If a man is mentally unsound, it's a different charge. What barbaric era are you.from and what barbaric culture you expect singapore to have.

You are so childish. Protect what diplomacy ties? You think her govt cares that much? Lol.

You are a hypocrite. You sai. So gangho that it's "vandalism " must punish, protect diplomatic ties etc. Now you wish anon to hack into govt site. And create chaos. You are nothin. But a multiple headed snake.

Isn't it sad to see vandalism and mischief of such a scale?

Regardless of her mental state, her nationality, she ought to know better.

One thing I must say, she got the guts to climb out and reach the globes.

Who with the right frame of mind would risk (falling to her death)?

Super gung-ho.

She was arrested under mental health act. No formal charges have been applied yet so she could still very well be charged with vandalism, just saying.

Isn't it sad to see vandalism and mischief of such a scale?

Regardless of her mental state, her nationality, she ought to know better.

One thing I must say, she got the guts to climb out and reach the globes.

Who with the right frame of mind would risk (falling to her death)?

Super gung-ho.

I disagree with the mental health part. If she really is not in the right frame of mind then she isn't completely aware of what she's doing and the consequences of her actions.

It's not fair to blame someone when they don't understand what they're doing. 

Guest Raiden Alpha

Huh hello. If a man is mentally unsound, it's a different charge. What barbaric era are you.from and what barbaric culture you expect singapore to have.

You are so childish. Protect what diplomacy ties? You think her govt cares that much? Lol.

You stupid donkey early in the morning can't wait to be shaft is it? Who is the supreme moral police here to straight away decide the woman is of unsound mind and straight away charge her under mental unstable charges? Can't the law enforcers use more time and efforts to ascertain her state of mental well being before going so lenient on her?

Checking if she is a cuckoo case take time but the vandalism and destruction is solid proof. She should be charge under vandalism act first and later change to a lesser charge when more investigation is done if the case permit it.

Don't know proper law procedure then learn to shut your butthole up.

-Fucktard-

You stupid donkey early in the morning can't wait to be shaft is it? Who is the supreme moral police here to straight away decide the woman is of unsound mind and straight away charge her under mental unstable charges? Can't the law enforcers use more time and efforts to ascertain her state of mental well being before going so lenient on her?

Checking if she is a cuckoo case take time but the vandalism and destruction is solid proof. She should be charge under vandalism act first and later change to a lesser charge when more investigation is done if the case permit it.

Don't know proper law procedure then learn to shut your butthole up.

-Fucktard-

So basically what you are saying is any suspect shd be charged first before assessment? wow that's such a progressive democratic country.

You forgot your supply of mouthwash again?

I do sense some double standard in this case, if a  local were to create the same nuisance, he/she will be handled differently.  I saw the Chinese news yesterday evening and they say the lady is a "Non Singaporean" without specifying the country.  Of course, the police were there and knew where she came from.

An act of vandalism by a Singaporean will surely be severely  punished.

I do not like the fact that some northern country's citizen treat my country  badly.  I have to interact with those people and have first hand experiences and I feel many of them have no respect for this country, they just look down on us as "just a small place with fake "chinese".

It hurts greatly, especially after we spending so much money and effort to improve their country.

I do sense some double standard in this case, if a local were to create the same nuisance, he/she will be handled differently. I saw the Chinese news yesterday evening and they say the lady is a "Non Singaporean" without specifying the country. Of course, the police were there and knew where she came from.

An act of vandalism by a Singaporean will surely be severely punished.

I do not like the fact that some northern country's citizen treat my country badly. I have to interact with those people and have first hand experiences and I feel many of them have no respect for this country, they just look down on us as "just a small place with fake "chinese".

It hurts greatly, especially after we spending so much money and effort to improve their country.

Hi roger, is that an assumption or base on real.cases?

Here we go again. Anything happens in Singapore, blame the fucking foreigners.

You going to blame them if it rains next?

No wonder this place is rated as having the second most pessemistic people on the planet.

I think the track records of the Singapore police force and judiciary show that foreigners don't get any leniancy when they break the law.

Wait until the final outcome before you start screaming on about how foreigners have it so much better.

Guest No equality

If it was done by a Singaporean, you will see a bunch of Ministers speaking loudly to dress down the citizen. However, silence by msm and the ministers are deafening in this case.

Hello, if Minister speaking loudly to dress down foreigner who is going the listen? You think China TV or wherever is going to broadcast it on their news?

If foreigner did it and Minister loudly dresses down people here then what? Everyone going to say loudly back to him shut up, its the foreigners doing it, not us.

Guest Really?

I wonder if you understand how serious this is. If they can disrupt our system like this, which company will want to set up business in Singapore?

In the West, they c

Guest Really?

I wonder if RA understand how serious this is. If they can disrupt our system like this, which company will want to set up business in Singapore? If they can add a few zeros to your account, they can as easily take it away.

When information has no integrity, who will even conduct business? And you basically will only have people rushing to the banks to draw out everything. It will be chaos and anarchy.

Is that a better Singapore I wonder?

The government has put in place so many manpower restrictions already. I really wonder how much more do you all want? Already no companies can hire foreigners without a min quota of Singaporeans. The number and the tariffs companies need to pay to get foreigners are also adjusted drastically.

What concrete steps do you want now?

nightingale, i see your points and where you're coming from, but when you say that "The PRCs I have come across do have respect for this country.  They observe the traffic rules, queue up at food courts, hawker centres and supermarkets.  They admire our clean and green city, the advanced infrastructure and convenience" i think it's true, but what about social rules that are not defined by law?

respecting a country does not only mean respecting its laws. i mean, of course it's a given that you have to, but i wouldn't call respecting laws as having respect for a country. respecting social norms is a better gauge. of course, not all mainlanders are like this, but i (and probably other people too) have come across those who rush up trains, run for seats, refuse to give them up, scold people for asking them to give up seats. also cutting queues, stealing cabs, refuse to speak english, talk loudly, spit, etc. again, yes they queue when there is a clearly defined queue, but if there isn't it's basically mayhem. and again in clearly defined queues i've seen some who try to stealthily cut it

but again, let me emphasize that not all are like this, but we cannot deny that there are many mainlanders who do so

those are stuff which we do here, and we expect others who live here to do so too as well. if they do not follow, i would not call it as having respect for our country and our culture, our way of living etc.

but it's just my opinion too, and you (or anyone else for that matter) are free to disagree :)

Edited by wailo

Just like you have observed some Mainlanders rushing up trains, running for seats, refusing to give them up etc., aren't many of our locals equally guilty?  They even pretend to be falling asleep in order not to give up seats.  So aren't you saying that even our locals do not respect our very own country?  If you have followed my postings closely, you would have noticed the examples I have shown regarding bad behaviour of our locals.  So why highlight the few rotten apples of PRCs when the majority of them working here do not spit, talk loudly and rush for seats?

And why do you pick on refusal to speak English?  How many PRCs are proficient in English?  On the other hand, local Chinese are expected to speak Mandarin but they refuse to do so simply because they want to show the PRCs that we are "different" from them?  Because we do not want to associate with them?  Or is it because we are less proficient in speaking Mandarin?  Isn't our bilingual policy in education supposed to stem the tide of losing our traditional heritage, lest we become the ABCs (American-Born Chinese) who have lost their linguistic heritage and have become bananas (yellow outside, white inside)?  So according to you, the inability to speak English is equal to disrespect of our country?  So if we were to stay in Thailand without learning Thai, we are not showing respect to Thailand?

Nightwhore the PRC apologist and paedophile barks again  :twisted:

Just like you have observed some Mainlanders rushing up trains, running for seats, refusing to give them up etc., aren't many of our locals equally guilty?  They even pretend to be falling asleep in order not to give up seats.  So aren't you saying that even our locals do not respect our very own country?  If you have followed my postings closely, you would have noticed the examples I have shown regarding bad behaviour of our locals.  So why highlight the few rotten apples of PRCs when the majority of them working here do not spit, talk loudly and rush for seats?

And why do you pick on refusal to speak English?  How many PRCs are proficient in English?  On the other hand, local Chinese are expected to speak Mandarin but they refuse to do so simply because they want to show the PRCs that we are "different" from them?  Because we do not want to associate with them?  Or is it because we are less proficient in speaking Mandarin?  Isn't our bilingual policy in education supposed to stem the tide of losing our traditional heritage, lest we become the ABCs (American-Born Chinese) who have lost their linguistic heritage and have become bananas (yellow outside, white inside)?  So according to you, the inability to speak English is equal to disrespect of our country?  So if we were to stay in Thailand without learning Thai, we are not showing respect to Thailand?

hey, i was being polite despite me not agreeing with you. you didn't have to accuse me of picking on them, accuse me of not following your posts (do you think i bother reading what everyone has previously typed) and misrepresenting what i said.

words like "aren't you saying that", "you would have noticed", "So why", "So aren't you saying that", and the ultimate "And why do you pick on" are not nice words to use on others just because another person has a different opinion. accusing me of picking on them is not nice, no one likes to be accused. especially since i did not pick on them. i did say that not all of them are like that when i listed down the stuff i did not like about them

but let me try to logically tell you why your reply does't really make sense

"aren't many of our locals equally guilty?" - yes, we are. but now let's look of the proportion of locals who don't give up their seat compared with total locals, and then look at the mainlanders. since we're at it why don't we look at the proportion of mainlanders who give up their seat compared with total? i might be wrong, but i believe the numbers will skew to our favour. of course in absolute terms the number of locals not giving up their seats is comparable with the mainlanders, but if you look at the proportion of us who are this ugly, i don't think it is that close at all

it's like saying that (i'm using the idea here so my figures may be wrong) thailand is economically more developed than singapore is because its GDP is higher. but then of course the reason might just be that there are more people. so that's why there is this measure called GDP per capita. sometimes the proportion figures are more telling than absolute numbers. or else you can say that there are more rude people in korea than singaporeans in singapore therefore koreans are ruder. which makes no sense, because since there are more south koreans in south korea obviously there is a chance they have more rude people there

"So why highlight the few rotten apples of PRCs when the majority of them working here do not" - i did not say that the majority of them do not. you did. that is your opinion, not mine. i stand by my belief that i am perfectly alright with around half of those i've come across. that is not majority since we are only looking at two groups, the mainlanders who try to assimilate and those who still carry over their 'me first' mentality

"And why do you pick on refusal to speak English?  How many PRCs are proficient in English?" - obviously they are expected to speak english, at least basic. i don't need them to be fluent. come on, there are locals who don't have fluent english anyway. but this is singapore. we are a multi-cultural society. we have people from all backgrounds. we use english to communicate with one another. if they can't speak at least a little english, they can go somewhere else. if it is acceptable for them not to speak english, do you mean that it is expected that everyone else speaks chinese? i'm ok with speaking in mandarin with them. but if i were malay or indian, how am i expected to do that? i'm accepting of foreigners in singapore don't get me wrong. but i'm not willing to bend over backwards to accommodate them. yes it is good to have different cultures and all, and accept them to make our country a more vibrant place. but it has to work both ways. they try to assimilate, i accomodate. of course, it should not be such that i accomodate before they even assimilate because this is singapore not china. i have friends from china, and sometimes i don't agree with their actions but i do accomodate them. why? because they do make an effort. it's not all about the results, it's about the effort. if you try to but cannot, it's not as bad as not trying at all

"On the other hand, local Chinese are expected to speak Mandarin but they refuse to do so simply because they want to show the PRCs that we are "different" from them?" - it is a very strong statement to make that singaporean chinese refuse to speak chinese, and also it's simply because they want to be different from mainlanders. i don't even need to argue this point. of course, different people have different language capabilities. i for one find it difficult to remember chinese characters since they're all squares and lines. and also because, i believe like most 80s kids, my parents did try to make me more proficient in english than they are because they perceived it to be more useful, not because they want to show that we are not the same as mainlanders. you can't blame me for being better at english because that's what i grew up speaking. you also can't blame my parents for trying to do that because after all english is used more than chinese in the professional world here

"So according to you, the inability to speak English is equal to disrespect of our country?" - i did not say that. but i think that not even trying to is not having respect for our way of life. do note that there is a subtle difference between disrespect and not having respect

"So if we were to stay in Thailand without learning Thai, we are not showing respect to Thailand?" - of course, you're not fully showing respect to the thais. (but if you don't go around breaking rules like insulting the king, you're still respecting thailand and its laws and its sovereignty). i'm not expecting them to be fluent, but there has to be some attempt to. even as travellers, you should try to speak a few words of thai. even if they are simple words like hello/bye/thanks. do you see how locals appreciate it if a foreigner speaks a few words in the local tongue? it applies everywhere

Edited by wailo

Hi wailo. Thanks for sharing. Just a tot, the Japanese community in Singapore basicall keep to themselves among their community. Many of the Japanese housewives and children in my estate don't even speak English or join in local activities. I see more PRCs eating in hawker centres, shop a. NTUC, at neighbourhood sport stadiums or community events compared to japanese. So should you be equally if not more "pissed" towards the Japanese about their attitude towards integration?

Hi wailo. Thanks for sharing. Just a tot, the Japanese community in Singapore basicall keep to themselves among their community. Many of the Japanese housewives and children in my estate don't even speak English or join in local activities. I see more PRCs eating in hawker centres, shop a. NTUC, at neighbourhood sport stadiums or community events compared to japanese. So should you be equally if not more "pissed" towards the Japanese about their attitude towards integration?

there are many ways to show that you're respectful of one place. trying to learn the commonly used language to communicate is one, but not the only one. there are other ways too, like following the local practices and all. you don't have to do everything

for the japanese, yes most of the housewives don't speak english. but they don't go to the local places and demand that people speak japanese to them. and even if people can speak japanese to them, they appreciate it and not make snide comments. ive received comments from mainlanders asking me to speak chinese with a more biao1 zun3 accent and making comments about me being an ungrateful chinese because i don't speak mandarin with a beijing slang. you don't hear westerners commenting about our english because our accent is different right?

my opinion (again just mine) of the japanese is somewhat similar to what i think about the indians. yes they don't try to integrate, but they try not to stand out either. they keep to themselves and those from the same country, and don't try to force their behaviour on others. that i appreciate. also, i used to work around paterson and i have been to isetan scotts supermarket quite often to pick up lunch and dinner, and although the japanese housewives don't speak english usually, they try to when making purchases and remain polite when there is a communication breakdown. for the mainlanders, i've seen how they try to speak madnarin with non-chinese and raise their voices when they're not understood, or sometimes they speak english and of course it's difficult understanding them, but they think that the locals are idiots for not understanding their broken mispronounced english and start creating a scene

so yes, i think it would be better if the nihonjins tried to integrate more, but at the rate they're going, minding their own business and not causing problems, i don't see why i (or anyone else for that matter) should be pissed at them

but again, it seems like what you guys are doing is just taking what i don't like about the mainlanders, emphasizing them, analysing those comments and questioning why i think this way. please note that although i have mentioned that in general i think most of the mainlanders aren't the nicest people around, not everyone is like that. also, despite how i cannot stand some of them around us, you have to agree that their work ethic is quite good. they're about as hardworking as anyone can get. to prevent misunderstandings, when i'm talking about work ethic, you have those with good/acceptable work ethic and those who don't. no matter how i cannot stand some of their queue-cutting, spitting, shouting on trains, cab-stealing, etc., i cannot deny that most of them (easily 90% or more) are very hardworking

• 2 weeks later...

SINGAPORE: The fifth man who challenged the accusation that he had commercial sex with an underage prostitute was on Friday sentenced to five months' jail after he lost the trial.

38-year-old Emlyn Thomas Thariyan was found guilty of paying the 17-year-old girl S$500 for sex in February 2011 after a 10-day trial earlier this year.

In its written submissions, the prosecution asked for Thariyan to be jailed for five months.

But the defence on Friday urged the court to impose the minimum sentence.

Through his lawyer, Thariyan made a request to address the court.

District Judge Eugene Teo allowed it.

Thariyan, a Singapore Armed Forces Lieutenant Colonel, started by saying he has "served this country impeccably".

He said he has given up two years of his time over this case.

Standing in the dock, he said the crux of the case, as explained by the judge, was that this was a case of the minor's words against the accused.

Thariyan then declared that although he has been convicted of the offence, he is "not guilty of this charge".

But Judge Teo said he has previously explained the matter.

Thariyan is appealing against the conviction and sentence.

His bail has been set at S$30,000.

He is the 28th of 51 men in the high-profile online vice ring case to be dealt with so far. 

Guest BarackObama

38-year-old Emlyn Thomas Thariyan was found guilty of paying the 17-year-old girl S$500 for sex in February 2011 after a 10-day trial earlier this year.

In its written submissions, the prosecution asked for Thariyan to be jailed for five months.

But the defence on Friday urged the court to impose the minimum sentence.

Through his lawyer, Thariyan made a request to address the court.

Thariyan, a Singapore Armed Forces Lieutenant Colonel, started by saying he has "served this country impeccably".

He said he has given up two years of his time over this case.

Standing in the dock, he said the crux of the case, as explained by the judge, was that this was a case of the minor's words against the accused.

Thariyan then declared that although he has been convicted of the offence, he is "not guilty of this charge".

EmlynThomas1704e.jpg

A Singaporean Indian Singapore Armed Forces Lieutenant Colonel Emlyn Thomas Thariyan.

• G_M changed the title to 4 months' jail for man who molested Scoot stewardess on board flight to Singapore
  • G_M locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.