Male HQ

Swimmers club

begleitung

Just a sharing to fellow swimmers here who really enjoy swimming here - if you can swim 200m continuously and interested to improve / refine your freestyle strokes, can consider to do video analysis with SwimSmooth (https://www.swimsmoothsg.com/)

Weeks ago, done a session with them. Though quite pricy about $200, but the analysed results and advises given have improved my swim tremendously. Please note, this is not for hanky panky with the coaches.

On 10/16/2021 at 7:45 AM, Geo said:

Dont give up mate, you will get better when do more adjustment to your swim then. Last year used to be like you too, then thanks to youtube and those training squads to observe their swimming strokes.

加油喔! 💪😄 

Thank you. Will work on improving the stamina and strokes. 

will check out the link above too. Cheers!!

On 10/15/2021 at 9:21 PM, Geo said:

Just a sharing to fellow swimmers here who really enjoy swimming here - if you can swim 200m continuously and interested to improve / refine your freestyle strokes, can consider to do video analysis with SwimSmooth (https://www.swimsmoothsg.com/)

Weeks ago, done a session with them. Though quite pricy about $200, but the analysed results and advises given have improved my swim tremendously. Please note, this is not for hanky panky with the coaches.

How did you find out about them?

On 10/19/2021 at 10:52 AM, Marrieddecent said:

Hi

trying to swim butterfly for 50m. But so far only manage ard 30 to 40m. Any tips? 

Butterfly is a hip driven stoke and requires a strong core, a proper arm pull and proper coordination to move efficiently through the water.

Trying building up your core strength first by practicing butterfly kicks with a kick board.

On 10/20/2021 at 3:09 PM, zzzzzzzz said:

Looking for a swim coach, weekdays, anyone know of one? 

Nowadays coaches do their training/classes in their own pools or in private pools due to restrictions. I know of swimming academy who offers one-on-one lessons. They may refer you to the best location they have. Let me know if keen. PM me.

On 10/26/2021 at 10:43 AM, begleitung said:

Cool, thank u 4 the recommendation. 

recently i saw someone wearing puma jammers which i thought was nice too. Have not seen them sold locally. 

Mostly sold online. There are two types of swim jammers for casual swimmers and competitive ones. The competitive ones have a different material, are super tight and cost way more than the regular ones. They can run into the hundreds. My Japanese speedo jammer cost over a hundred dollars after shipping.

On 10/26/2021 at 11:19 AM, axefactor said:

Mostly sold online. There are two types of swim jammers for casual swimmers and competitive ones. The competitive ones have a different material, are super tight and cost way more than the regular ones. They can run into the hundreds. My Japanese speedo jammer cost over a hundred dollars after shipping.

Amazing. Do u do competitive swimming?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 9:40 PM, begleitung said:

Wonder why some people stop swimming when it rains. 

u r already wet anyway, lol

Simple reason. When it rains, there's the perception that the water gets colder or they fear lightning strikes. For me, the sound when the rain hits the water is just simply enthralling :)

On 11/20/2021 at 9:02 PM, axefactor said:

Simple reason. When it rains, there's the perception that the water gets colder or they fear lightning strikes. For me, the sound when the rain hits the water is just simply enthralling :)

I actually find it theruputic to swim in rain..  When u above water the rain pounding on ur head n back but once underwater,  a sense of peace.. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/19/2021 at 5:40 AM, begleitung said:

Wonder why some people stop swimming when it rains. 

u r already wet anyway, lol

Answering an old question. The main reason is safety. My life guard friends told me that when it rains hard to a point where they could not see under the water surface, they could not see if anyone is drowning. Hence, it's not safe for swimming. 

On 2/14/2022 at 3:58 AM, WesternSun said:

Answering an old question. The main reason is safety. My life guard friends told me that when it rains hard to a point where they could not see under the water surface, they could not see if anyone is drowning. Hence, it's not safe for swimming. 

Interesting. Thank u. 

i suppose it is understandable when the rain is heavy. Some stop when it’s just drizzling. 

On 2/20/2022 at 2:10 PM, applepear said:

Hi, I am looking for a swimming coach to do stroke correction for breast stroke, and teach freestyle and butterfly (If possible). Preferably in the North area - SAFRA Yishun or Woodlands Swimming Pool. I am willing to pay the instructor fees. Thank you!

You could Google. You may find more there. Also look out for ActiveSG website. I remember there is a listing of coaches and their locations. 
Good luck. 

On 10/19/2021 at 10:52 AM, Marrieddecent said:

Hi

trying to swim butterfly for 50m. But so far only manage ard 30 to 40m. Any tips? 

sounds like you are doing a pretty good job already with the strokes if you can cover 30-40m... I do find the time you break the surface for breath is much shorter than other strokes so it is easier to run out of breath, so perhaps now somehow you need to learn to regulate your personal breathing first before you can do further; try swimming slower, less frantic, to give yourself more time to focus on your breath... I am not a coach, and never had one, I just watched how others swim and learned from watching. And so that breathing thing was somethng I had struggled with before also... Now I swim all 4 strokes quite proficiently (not sure how correct my strokes are but I am able to swim laps quite easily so i suppose i am doing them ok), although can't do that many laps of butterfly continuously

On 2/21/2022 at 9:43 AM, Spacegaga said:

sounds like you are doing a pretty good job already with the strokes if you can cover 30-40m... I do find the time you break the surface for breath is much shorter than other strokes so it is easier to run out of breath, so perhaps now somehow you need to learn to regulate your personal breathing first before you can do further; try swimming slower, less frantic, to give yourself more time to focus on your breath... I am not a coach, and never had one, I just watched how others swim and learned from watching. And so that breathing thing was somethng I had struggled with before also... Now I swim all 4 strokes quite proficiently (not sure how correct my strokes are but I am able to swim laps quite easily so i suppose i am doing them ok), although can't do that many laps of butterfly continuously

Thanks. I managed to swim a full 50m butterfly non stop.. now aiming for 4 laps with interval in between. 

On 2/20/2022 at 2:10 PM, applepear said:

Hi, I am looking for a swimming coach to do stroke correction for breast stroke, and teach freestyle and butterfly (If possible). Preferably in the North area - SAFRA Yishun or Woodlands Swimming Pool. I am willing to pay the instructor fees. Thank you!

Activesg website got plenty of coach resumes, even with coach photos:

https://www.myactivesg.com/sports/find-a-coach

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.