Male HQ

Swimmers club

begleitung

Sorry to ask this,  but haven’t hit the pool for years.

What’s the news regulation now except for booking slot and limited number of pax etc.

We can only swim in lane? No more soak in water and trying to swim at ones leisure?

also will the lane be shared or its only for myself get to spend an hour?

and the one hour duration includes changing and bath?

thanks and so sorry again for my amateur asks.

1 hour ago, Julian123456 said:

Sorry to ask this,  but haven’t hit the pool for years.

What’s the news regulation now except for booking slot and limited number of pax etc.

We can only swim in lane? No more soak in water and trying to swim at ones leisure?

also will the lane be shared or its only for myself get to spend an hour?

and the one hour duration includes changing and bath?

thanks and so sorry again for my amateur asks.

U have to pre-book ur slot of 50 mins using the Activesg app for the Activesg pools. 

rules might be tightened soon probably so good luck to us. 

Totally agreed!! Quite a lot retard self-entitlement folks lingering around or obstruct other swimmers!!! 

Notice at the Jalan Besar pool, often few lanes consist entirely breaststrokes swimmers at a slow pace. Am perfectly fine with that. Then tend to have few buggers want to squeeze into the lanes with majority swimmers on freestyle, and then swim slowly with breaststroke.

Afraid few times may accidentally touch him or her legs or any body parts, and get myself unnecessary dramas of molesting accusation, have to slow down a lot sometimes even halfway change freestyle to breaststrokes as hard to gauge the distance to overtake and not bump into others from the opposite direction...like this how to monitor and to improve freestyle effectively. 

Worst, some folks or couples love to linger at the ends of the lane, when seeing swimmer approaching to do the flip turn, they just ignore and remain there!!! Very disruptive for those who want to swim nonstop. Those retards,  if don't want to swim, can stand at the edge instead of the middle, obstructing the others!!

Already with limited time to swim, some more have to deal with these super-self entitlements who think they own the lane just because they paid. Sigh... Really wish those who want to swim in the public pool can have more senses and be more sensible.

Pardon my tone and language but a lot of public swimmers really really suffer because of these inconsiderate public pool users who could have take their leisure dip at slower lanes or not at the competition pool!! 

Edited by Geo

On 5/10/2021 at 11:50 PM, Geo said:

Totally agreed!! Quite a lot retard self-entitlement folks lingering around or obstruct other swimmers!!! 

I guess you have encountered many times people (esp the older folks), who choose to deliberately swim in your direction to try to force you to switch to other lanes. This is despite seeing that the lane is already taken and there are other available lanes.

It's annoying that they think they own the lane simply because they often use it.

2 hours ago, axefactor said:

I guess you have encountered many times people (esp the older folks), who choose to deliberately swim in your direction to try to force you to switch to other lanes. This is despite seeing that the lane is already taken and there are other available lanes.

It's annoying that they think they own the lane simply because they often use it.

Grandfather fuckers!!!!!! 

14 hours ago, axefactor said:

Simply annoying 

Some things that I took note with Phase 2 (heightened alert):

- less slots per hour,so people stand by ActiveSG app at 12pm to book slots for the latest day e.g. on Sun, you book for Wed

- 7.45am and 9am slots are usually taken up very fast, suburban pools will be 'sold out' within hours of release of slots (this was the case also in Phase 3 but it took longer to sell out)

- pools in city fringe are usually less popular, since most people stay in suburbs and can't spend too much time to travel to and fro to the pool - I noticed Jalan Besar and Kallang Basin have slots even when checking the day before

- first come first serve - 2 pax per lane so if you are late, you might have to use the training pool which for some pools can be significantly shorter than the usual one you use i.e. half length

Edited by repressednerd

9 hours ago, begleitung said:

I wonder when delta will be open

Published in March 2021:

We refer to the letter, “What is the status of Delta Swimming Complex’s upgrading works?” (March 9).

As the writer has rightly pointed out, the renovation schedule was delayed due to the unprecedented Covid-19 pandemic, with a major backlog in the construction industr

Please be assured that we are working with our contractors to complete the renovation as soon as possibl

The one-hour pool access time limit is put in place to ensure there are equal opportunities for all to utilise the ActiveSG swimming pools with safe management measures in place.

ActiveSG is committed to protecting the safety and well-being of members of the public, our volunteers and staff members.

We are monitoring the usage and will make informed changes where necessary to optimise the use of the swimming pools. 

https://www.todayonline.com/voices/covid-19-backlog-construction-activities-delayed-delta-swimming-complexs-renovation

Written by: Government official, S PARAMESWARAN, DEPUTY DIRECTOR, PUBLIC RELATIONS, SPORT SINGAPORE.

Covid-19, backlog of construction activities delayed Delta Swimming Complex’s renovation

On 5/17/2021 at 10:14 AM, axefactor said:

Yeap. Such incident is so common. 
@Geo: I totally agree with what you have shared too. It’s rather annoying to have such people using the pool. I kinda like the current Phase2 HA arrangement, where 2 swimmers per lane. Just hope your lane mate can swim straight! 
It would be even better to if the booking apps can let us choose big pool or teaching pool. That way, no pushing and elbowing when going into the pool (because everyone wanna go to deep pool even if he/she clearly should go to teaching pool instead!)

I came to the pool like 25 minutes before my slot and there were already 5-7 people queuing up. Someone was apparently already there 45 minutes before the swim slot. By the time it was 12-15 minutes before the slot, all the competition wristbands had been taken up. (You can imagine how many people already were there) The pool here was pretty okay, but I have been at another pool and I saw people literally sprinting to drop their stuff, strip, shower and grab their favourite lanes, as soon as the gates were opened.

When I opened my app at 12.01pm to book a slot for Saturday, I managed to get one but the slots were all gone (even for the early morning and late night ones) by 12.06pm! I guess with the gyms closed and people having to stay home, those who don't usually swim are now swimming and those who regularly exercise at OCBC Aquatic Centre have to make do with public pools.

Maybe one day we will be seeing swim passes been featured on Carousell for like $10 per slot! :lol:

On 5/25/2021 at 10:00 AM, 30yochinese said:

Published in March 2021:

We refer to the letter, “What is the status of Delta Swimming Complex’s upgrading works?” (March 9).

As the writer has rightly pointed out, the renovation schedule was delayed due to the unprecedented Covid-19 pandemic, with a major backlog in the construction industr

Please be assured that we are working with our contractors to complete the renovation as soon as possibl

The one-hour pool access time limit is put in place to ensure there are equal opportunities for all to utilise the ActiveSG swimming pools with safe management measures in place.

ActiveSG is committed to protecting the safety and well-being of members of the public, our volunteers and staff members.

We are monitoring the usage and will make informed changes where necessary to optimise the use of the swimming pools. 

https://www.todayonline.com/voices/covid-19-backlog-construction-activities-delayed-delta-swimming-complexs-renovation

Thank u.  No mention of opening date though. They probably don’t know either. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Monday and wednesday night 7:30pm slot got group of folks training at Jalan Besar pool, few lanes will be occupied by them. Left fewer lanes for others to swim.

Sorry folks cant answer the question about happening there. When go swim, i tend to become asexual 😅 focus more on others' strokes than their buldge or butt 😅

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.